10.5.6 Released!

pauℓzurrr.

809 posts in this topic

Aybody with an MSI WIND has done this update yet? I remember I did the 10.5.5 update with no problem, wandering if it's the same for this one

I have a Wind on 10.5.5 and an HP dv9500t on 10.5.4, if I find out either is OK to upgrade I will, I'm asking around on the forums on msiwind.net about 10.5.6 so hopefully I will find out about the Wind from there.

hmm...having some lock ups after a few seconds... like mouse and windows hanging?

First i thought it was because of IOATAFamily, i was using a other version to prevent the IOKit waits...

But still having the problem.

Had exactly same issue after waking up from sleep (after 10.5.6. update) - removed DSDT installed IntelCPUdisabler and everything is working like before (like a charm ! :) )

Just upgraded my Dell D630 hackintosh (thank god I brought it to work!) and had an immediate reboot loop that was solved by booting with -v. Sound and video wasn't working, so I rebooted into -s and replaced AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext with the old version and deleted AppleIntegratedBuffer.kext to get that back up. Sound took a bit longer, but got that working as well.

It may be a placebo, but I'm noticing that the UI is much snappier with the (otherwise) stock GMAX3100 drivers. Could also be because I switched to SuperHai's CPU throttler...