10.5.6 Released!

pauℓzurrr.

809 posts in this topic

I succesfully updated to 10.5.6 (AppleHDA/kext reinstalled)

All work fine, sleep = crash, after hibernate - keyboard & mouse(USB)  not work. Any ideas?  :(

Intel C2Q 9450, RAM 4Gb DDR2-800, GA-EX38-DQ6, GF8600GT 256Mb

Figured out the icons - Use these kext files from BJMoose (thanks) and kext helper to install... working great!! :P

Worked great (I posted in error as a new topic)

P5W DH Deluxe with x1900xtx vid card... Q6600 quad core 4 gb ram - wifi still not working, though...

Everything working well - but WHY are the drive icons orange?? They aren't on my other macs...

:D

orangekext.zip

Yes, mine is XFX 8800GT 512MB G92 core

Should work then don't know what is wrong with it.

Check the USB and FIREWIRE PORTS GUYS here i have 2 USB ports so slowly ... the front panel USB of my ASROCK 1333!

CHECK THEM BEFORE SAY "IS ALL OK"

Firewire works here used both my sound box and external drive the USB works on the front/back ports with my keyboard, mouse, tv card plus several external drives I have that use it.

Edit: Just for a data point I am 60gb into a 142gb copy to one of my USB external drives it is going fine at about 30-35mb/s same as it usually does.

Partial success for me. I use a DSDT.aml file and PC_EFI9 and downloaded the big 10.5.6 combo file. Boots ok with vanilla 9.6.0 kernel and most apps seem to load fine but ... I had to repatch sound with Tarugas HDApatcher again and now have intermittent issues with both Realtek 8169 gigabit ethernet and USB2 (2 primary USB ports always work, only the secondary ones occasionally fail???) -

I occasionally get AppleRTL8169Ethernet: IOInterruptEventSource error

I regularly get - kmod_control/start failed for com.orByte.driver.PCGenUSBEHCI; destroying kmod Failed to load extension com.orByte.driver.PCGenUSBEHCI which leads to 2 of my USB2 ports failing (tried turning off legacy usb support in bios and ehci handoff and older kexts all to no avail)

This is on my Asus P5LD2-X/1333 board will try my P5WDH Deluxe next

The audio from my ALC888 doesn't work till 10.5.6 update. And i re-installed the ALC888Audio.mpkg driver... Sound still not working.. someone here got the sound working?

mine works fine.. will send you my Kext, this evening after work.

edit.. already got it working.

Hmm it seems as I have lost all PS2 functionality. Can anybody help out? I went the ideneb 10.5.5 > DSDT patch > 10.5.6 route. Have tried reinstalling the ApplePS2Controller kext but still no go. I only have a ps2 keyboard.

ASUS P5k Premium

Q6600

8GB Ram

9800GTX through strings

My update went HORRIBLY wrong, causing me to reinstall from the stoneage.

I had my DSDT.aml properly patched (btw, is it supposed to be /dsdt.aml or /DSDT.aml ?), Voodoo 9.5.0 kernel, and I updated to 10.5.6 by installing via pacifist so I could avoid some kexts (the usual culprits, Dont Steal Mac OS X [even though it's blocked by the kernel], AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext [diabler installed despite]), and to avoid the kernel being screwed over just in case.

Here is a picture of the result in -v: http://i44.tinypic.com/2dra1yq.jpg

I couldn't get into -s or -x.

As you can see, I am assuming my DSDT worked, as I installed the 10.5.6 AppleRTC.kext, and no kernel panic occured.

Any ideas?

Ok, also getting the mouse lag in itunes/qt ... hmm anyone have a solution yet? i think ill get back on 10.5.5 until I can get this figured out, its an interesting issue...

I did a clean install munky's EFI method with 10.5.4 retail dvd/boot 132 and updated with combo 10.5.6 updater. Installed iTunes 8.0.2 - no lags

Then I installed Quicktime 7.5.5, rebooted, now I have the mouse lags. VERY annoying.

I'm gonna stick to 10.5.5 for now. or you can do the above; have 10.5.6 but without quicktime 7.5.5 to avoid the mouse lagging.

Some specs to ponder:

Maximus Formula

9800GTX

using efi strings

So far this update is a no go on my Dell E520.

I had already installed boot_v9, and dsdt patcher went smoothly. Was able to load AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext in 10.5.5 without crashing.

However on reboot, got the waiting for boot device error.

Netkas has posted Legacy kext for /Extra on his website, but these do not include ICH8R in the info.plist

I tried adding device ids, but still no joy.

I tried using my previously working IOAHCIFamily.kext and AppleAHCIPort.kext from 10.5.5 both in /Extra and in /System/Library/Extensions, but still no joy.

I still suspect the fix is similiar to prior ones, and will update when I get it working.

The message with -v is:

Waiting on <dict ID="0"><key>IOProviderClass</key><string ID="1">IOResources</sting><key>IOResourceMatch</key><string ID="2">boot-uuid-nedia</string></dict>

I did a clean install munky's EFI method with 10.5.4 retail dvd/boot 132 and updated with combo 10.5.6 updater. Installed iTunes 8.0.2 - no lags

Then I installed Quicktime 7.5.5, rebooted, now I have the mouse lags. VERY annoying.

I'm gonna stick to 10.5.5 for now. or you can do the above; have 10.5.6 but without quicktime 7.5.5 to avoid the mouse lagging.

Some specs to ponder:

Maximus Formula

9800GTX

using efi strings

Is it possible to fall back to previous quicktime version ?

How do I install that ?

Thank you !

Find the AppleSMBIOSEFI.kext in the /build/Development subdirectory of the zip file, and then install it as you would any other kext. Kext Helper is probably the easiest way, if you don't want to mess with doing it manually.

So far this update is a no go on my Dell E520.

I had already installed boot_v9, and dsdt patcher went smoothly. Was able to load AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext in 10.5.5 without crashing.

However on reboot, got the waiting for boot device error.

Netkas has posted Legacy kext for /Extra on his website, but these do not include ICH8R in the info.plist

I tried adding device ids, but still no joy.

I tried using my previously working IOAHCIFamily.kext and AppleAHCIPort.kext from 10.5.5 both in /Extra and in /System/Library/Extensions, but still no joy.

I still suspect the fix is similiar to prior ones, and will update when I get it working.

The message with -v is:

Waiting on <dict ID="0"><key>IOProviderClass</key><string ID="1">IOResources</sting><key>IOResourceMatch</key><string ID="2">boot-uuid-nedia</string></dict>

Try these: http://rapidshare.de/files/41153635/AHCI_Fix_10_5_6.zip.html