10.5.6 Released!

pauℓzurrr.

809 posts in this topic

I have the SMBIOSEnabler.kext put in /Extra/Extensions and replace patched chameleon with existing non-patched chameleon boot loader. After system restart, the mouse still lag when itunes is running :)

UPDATE: yes you are right, I have the same mouse lags when the iTunes is running - didn't noticed it before since I've had this problem also after waking up from sleep :(

Works for me! I updated via Apple Update with pcEFI v9, AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext and Disabler.kext

It hanged at the first boot, but after a reset it worked. I just had to reinstall audio drivers and the reboot/shutdown fix.

Specs in my signature :)

Works for me! I updated via Apple Update with pcEFI v9, AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext and Disabler.kext

It hanged at the first boot, but after a reset it worked. I just had to reinstall audio drivers and the reboot/shutdown fix.

Specs in my signature :)

What have you done with AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext and Disabler.kext?

Thx!

After update the only thing broken is awaken from sleep. I hit the keyboard or mouse an the system starts, but only reboots. Ive tried the various openhalt kexts, but to no avail. Ive seen others have sleep issues as well.

system - GA EP43 DS3L Q6600 retail install vanilla kernel dsdt ....

P5k-E/Wifi q6600@3,8ghz 8Gb Ram ddr2 800, Geforce 9800GTX+ (nvinject)

Worked updating from 10.5.5 voodoo kernel to 10.5.6 (apple software update) now I run kernel 9.6.0 vanilla and usb is working (in 10.5.5 doesn't) but at 1.1 speed.

Everithing fine!!

can someone explain to me how can i restore the keyboard and mouse stuff?ok some of you will say install the new PS2nub stuff...but how?

in safe mode i can't ,with the LEO4ALL either cause i didn't see any kext about that,any other way?

running voodoo kernel 9.5

can someone explain to me how can i restore the keyboard and mouse stuff?ok some of you will say install the new PS2nub stuff...but how?

in safe mode i can't ,with the LEO4ALL either cause i didn't see any kext about that,any other way?

running voodoo kernel 9.5

Since I'm on a laptop, I was able to plug in my usb keyboard and mouse to replace the needed files.

This is what i tried to do to fix the lag problem, didn't work..

Getting EFI string instead of NVdarwin

Replacing my AppleNForceATA kext with the original one from MeDevil, no 4gb fix...

All with no luck...

I'm also thinking there could be a problem with the itunes/quicktime files...

Because only then i'm having lag problems.

After update the only thing broken is awaken from sleep. I hit the keyboard or mouse an the system starts, but only reboots. Ive tried the various openhalt kexts, but to no avail. Ive seen others have sleep issues as well.

system - GA EP43 DS3L Q6600 retail install vanilla kernel dsdt ....

same here - removed the dsdt patch and reinstalled IntelCpuMdisabler again, tried different boot versions, chameleon and EFI.

this didn´t help. must be some updated extension - so let´s search...................

This is what i tried to do to fix the lag problem, didn't work..

Getting EFI string instead of NVdarwin

Replacing my AppleNForceATA kext with the original one from MeDevil, no 4gb fix...

All with no luck...

I'm also thinking there could be a problem with the itunes/quicktime files...

Because only then i'm having lag problems.

Have tried almost everything - no luck so far. But it seems to happen on systems with nVidia 8x00 cards. Maybe it is somehow related to new GFX drivers.

Since there seems to be some confusion -

Those using Voodoo kernel do NOT need any DSDT patch, nor do they need to worry about AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement

Is that a secret little feature of the Voodoo kernel? Whatever it is, thank you.

Is that a secret little feature of the Voodoo kernel? Whatever it is, thank you.

Yeah, I too am wondering about that. Seems rather enticing. Any help with understanding the background or directions for updating on the same would be very beneficial. I did visit the project page and it seems rather very promising. To be quite frank, I have not been able to keep up with the Hack scene and coming back after all these months I am just confused on what to do. DSDT and Chameleon etc, just woosh over me noggin. I have a Kalyway 10.5.2 updated to 10.5.5 using the Netkas method on my Hackintosh. My only hope is that Kalyway releases a new update or a new distro for us. Cheers.

does this problem only appear on Hackintosh ? do original mac has this problem too after update to 10.5.6 ?

Hi Adrian, just updated my MBP to 10.5.6 and am loving the performance boost. No issues here.

I tried installing the 10.5.6 update, update went well but after reboot:

1. Getting error USBF: 5.378 AppleUSBUHCI: Unable to initialize UIM.

2. SATA HDD working only in AHCI mode.

3. PS2 Keyboard and mouse not working.

4. Getting Blue screen and no activity later, only able to boot in safe mode.

Please help me.