Upcoming Intel X58 Mobos & Core i7 CPUs

1,154 posts in this topic

If anyone Could Help im about to build another system but on a Dual LGA 1366 i have two motherboards that im looking at Both are the same Expect one of the boards has a on Board LSI 1068E 8-Port SAS Controller does anyone know if that would work out of box the other board is 100$ cheaper with out the LSI 1068E 8-Port SAS Controller

SUPERMICRO MBD-X8DA3-O "onboard LSI 1068E 8-Port SAS Controller"

SUPERMICRO MBD-X8DAi-O

@Thehawks,

I have no idea if it would work but wow!!!!! two 1366 processors, that thing is going to cruise. If you get it you have to post the geekbench results for it. Also what graphics card are you going to use with it, and what you going to use it for?

@Thehawks,

I have no idea if it would work but wow!!!!! two 1366 processors, that thing is going to cruise. If you get it you have to post the geekbench results for it. Also what graphics card are you going to use with it, and what you going to use it for?

This is a Replacement for my Skulltrail i had last year its going to be my main system for editing i have a lot of 15k SAS drives so i thought a on board controller would be good i got a ati 4870 2gb im going to put in it

This is a Replacement for my Skulltrail i had last year its going to be my main system for editing i have a lot of 15k SAS drives so i thought a on board controller would be good i got a ati 4870 2gb im going to put in it

you and your kickass systems lol

Please report back if you manage to install OS X on that! I'd like to build something similar to this, too.

@ Thehawks

Well im sorry that i cannot tell you if it will work but good luck, it will be a seriously insane setup. Which processors will you use, and also how much hard drive space will you have in total?

Also this may be a seriously stupid question but ill ask anyways, can a i7 2.66 Ghz work with that motherboard ?

Also i looked at the skulltrail and it also looks pretty intense, how did that run?

I've read this entire post to get me ready for my new build. I need a little advice.

Will this run Parallels? I see a couple people have it running on a EVGA, is this model MB correct? I'd love to not have to reboot to use a couple junky old applications I need to use daily in XP.

Proposed Build:

EVGA E758-TR X58

EVGA 512-P3-N871-AR 9800GTX 512

i7 920

Corsair Dominator 6 x 2GB

Does everything work with the EVGA motherboard? LAN,Audio and so forth?

Any recommendations would be appreciated?

got mine up and running for the first time (ever!) last night on a Gigabyte EX58-UD3R (I am a cheapskate :P )

Went with Kalyway 10.5.2 and patched the ISO using the JMicron PPF due to IDE issues (the so called Gigabyte SATA 2 which controls the IDE is a JMicron, it turns out) :( and some pretty minor and obvious BIOS tweaks (AHCI, and legacy USB keyboard and mouse to ENABLE for USB mouse and PS/2 keys).

Can't be bothered with bootloader ... just change boot priority in BIOS and keep things totally isolated from Windows :D

With the exception of graphics cards drivers, I'm pretty happy with everything.

Going for the 10.5.6 combo-update now - we shall see! No doubt I'll knock it over a few times yet ;)

Altogether, after a vertical learning curve, things panned out easier than I expected, and work smoother than I expected too - hats off to the Distro developers!

I've read this entire post to get me ready for my new build. I need a little advice.

Will this run Parallels? I see a couple people have it running on a EVGA, is this model MB correct? I'd love to not have to reboot to use a couple junky old applications I need to use daily in XP.

Proposed Build:

EVGA E758-TR X58

EVGA 512-P3-N871-AR 9800GTX 512

i7 920

Corsair Dominator 6 x 2GB

Does everything work with the EVGA motherboard? LAN,Audio and so forth?

Any recommendations would be appreciated?

I have almost identical setup. Haven't tried parallels, but fusion works just fine. Not a single problem. I posted some info here http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1115052

I have almost identical setup. Haven't tried parallels, but fusion works just fine. Not a single problem. I posted some info here http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1115052

thanks radov4n.

Does your audio work out of the box? I noticed in your posts you mention disabling unnecessary stuff in the BIOS... have you enabled any of that? what doesn't work?

This is the exact MB I am considering:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16813188046

This is the 9800GTX I'm considering:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16814130339

With 12 gig of:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16820145224

What is your take on this build, with the i7 920?

thanks in advance for helping me on this.

Anybody Know where there is a noob guide to install idenb on an Evga x58 mobo, and a 920 i7. I've been reading threw the turtorials but its not specific. i can get it to install but when it restarts it fails and reboots i see a apple screen for a sec. ive tryed the busratio=20 but it doesn't work i think i need to install the new voodoo 9.6.0. but i don't know how without booting into osx.. also how do you change the plist file for the new voodoo. thank you for any input.

Anybody Know where there is a noob guide to install idenb on an Evga x58 mobo, and a 920 i7. I've been reading threw the turtorials but its not specific. i can get it to install but when it restarts it fails and reboots i see a apple screen for a sec. ive tryed the busratio=20 but it doesn't work i think i need to install the new voodoo 9.6.0. but i don't know how without booting into osx.. also how do you change the plist file for the new voodoo. thank you for any input.

you picked the wrong kernel in ideneb install. you must use voodoo 9.5.0 off of the ideneb 10.5.6 install dvd

you must have busratio=20 also

Hi,

I would like to build a Hackintosh machine running both vista 64 and leopard.

It would be built with a quad i7 920 processor.

I really don't understand all the lingo regarding kalyway, kexts, etc...

My system would consist of the following parts:

1)coolmaster HAF 932 (case)

2)i7 quad 920 processor

3)either the gigabyte GA- EX58- UD5 or asus P6t Deluxe version 2 motherboard.

(has any gotten this board to run yet?)

4) corsair 850 watt power supply

5) corsiar 6 - 12 megs of ram (dominator)

6) video card uncertain (currently have an ALL in WONDER card for T.V. use)

Basiclly a work p.c. but would like to play some games

7) what dvd or blue ray drives can be used?

8)will be using a samsung 46 inch tv as a monitor.

9) would like to use 2 WD black caviar 1T drives, one for each OS.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Building a hackintosh is like entering a P<C< building for the first time. LOL!

thanks

I have a ASRock X58 Deluxe and I can boot into Iatkos, but i go through the entire install and either get a kernel panic or failed to load com.apple.driverAHCIPort error. I have tried numerous different selection read many posts on how to get it to work on the pt6, but nowhere have i found a way to get it working on my mobo. So if anyone can point me in the right directiom that would be great

i also have the ASRock X58 and havent been able to find really anything about it on the forums. when i go to install 10.5.6 the grey screen with the apple logo flashes for a second and then my computer reboots. i tried the IPC version and tried using the retail version with the 132 and both did the same thing.

ive turned off hyperthreading, switched to using 1 core, and switched to AHCI. ive tried typing in busratio=20 and cpus=1. still got the grey screen for a second and then my computer rebooted. the only time i got something else was when i used a modified 132. here is the link for it http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?jzznndt2vki i know its for a different motherboard but i thought i might try it. it ended up showing an error that said:

attempting to Determine CPU multiplier

Determined CPU: FSB multiplier to be 0

Says 0 but makes no sense... the kernel as shipped by apple will not support this and will cause the machine to reboot immediatly... Press y to continue or crt, alt, del to reboot.

if you hit y it again flashes the grey screen and then reboots. not sure if that helps anything but i thought i should mention it.

here is what i have:

ASRock X58 mobo

i7 920

6G of OZ blade ram

EVEA Nivida 285

1TB hard drive

150G hard drive

not sure if that helps but figured i should mention it

this is the first time for me to try to put OSx on a PC so any sort of help would awesome cuz im totally stuck

after a bunch of trial, error, and coffee. I'm finally got Os x to run with all my hardware working and dual booting Windows 7. Could not have done it without this thread. thanks to everyone. woo who!!

Evga x58 mobo

I7 920

Evga 9800 GT

which EVGA board and do you have windows running also?

which EVGA board and do you have windows running also?

Evga 132-BL-E758-A1 x58 3SLI RT mobo to be exact

Windows 7 build 7077

Both on the same Hard Drive

i also have the ASRock X58 and havent been able to find really anything about it on the forums. when i go to install 10.5.6 the grey screen with the apple logo flashes for a second and then my computer reboots. i tried the IPC version and tried using the retail version with the 132 and both did the same thing.

ive turned off hyperthreading, switched to using 1 core, and switched to AHCI. ive tried typing in busratio=20 and cpus=1. still got the grey screen for a second and then my computer rebooted. the only time i got something else was when i used a modified 132. here is the link for it http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?jzznndt2vki i know its for a different motherboard but i thought i might try it. it ended up showing an error that said:

Says 0 but makes no sense... the kernel as shipped by apple will not support this and will cause the machine to reboot immediatly... Press y to continue or crt, alt, del to reboot.

if you hit y it again flashes the grey screen and then reboots. not sure if that helps anything but i thought i should mention it.

here is what i have:

ASRock X58 mobo

i7 920

6G of OZ blade ram

EVEA Nivida 285

1TB hard drive

150G hard drive

not sure if that helps but figured i should mention it

this is the first time for me to try to put OSx on a PC so any sort of help would awesome cuz im totally stuck

Try downloading the ideneb version 1.4 I think its alot more compatible. Ipc just keep restarting for me also. You need to find out what your multiplyer is.

Evga 132-BL-E758-A1 x58 3SLI RT mobo to be exact

Windows 7 build 7077

Both on the same Hard Drive

Try downloading the ideneb version 1.4 I think its alot more compatible. Ipc just keep restarting for me also. You need to find out what your multiplyer is.

Thanks,

The setup you have looks really good.

I also was looking at the evga E759. and the Evga 9800 Gt akimbo.

Is it possible to have a ATI all in wonder card with the EVGA card?

I use the ATI for TV watching.

Some one from tigerdirect said you could use both by making some modifications in the bios?

anyway thanks again.

What would happen if I simply plugged in a clone of my current hard drive (running 10.5.6 with the 9.6.0 kernel) into a new X58 system? Assuming I pre-copied the necessary kexts in place of course.

I'm guessing this wouldn't work, because people aren't talking about doing it. But I'd like to know specifically where the problem would be.

Alternatively, if I built a fresh install and then did a "migrate" to copy my system over, would that work without a problem?

Hello to all of you

I'm going to built up my first hackintosh and I'm wondering if the new intel core i7 920 D0 "do stepping" can cause me some problems or not. I'll probably going to use a Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5.

What do you think ?

thank you for all this good work

Hi all,

can anyone tell my if the DD's script working well on DFI UT X58-T3eH8?

I'm interest to this card, but only if it work full on osx, like Gigabyte....

tnx in advance

I have managed to install osx on an ASRock X58 Deluxe with idneb 1.4, but it is installed on a 8gb thumb drive and I cannot see any of the other ASTA drives on my pc. I can only use one cpu and have hyper threading disabled. My hdds are in AHCI in bios I am trying to make a slimboot disk so i can install vanilla but when i boot i get:

I hit y and get a kernel panic that says something about appleAHCIPort.

On this disk i have:

9.6.3 Kernel for Core i7

System.kext

(the rest are from the efi pack v3 from This thread)

appleSMBIOS.kext

appleSMBIOSEFI.kext

dsmos.kext

LegacyAppleAHCIPort.kext

LegacyAppleIOAHCIBlockStorage.kext

seatbelt.kext

If anyone knows a appleAHCIPort kext that would work for this that would be great or any input would help.