Upcoming Intel X58 Mobos & Core i7 CPUs

1,154 posts in this topic

Hello everyone

ANyone with a netflix account that is able to stream video from "watch now?"

Getting a DRM error 8151 found some topics stating its related to the IONetworkingFamily.kext. Attempted to use the one that was posted but Netflix still now worrky.

I had a similar problem when trying to get Alias Maya licensing to work. I basically found solution here

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=126614

Just make sure you backup your stuff before trying, ok.

Might work for you also, or might not :(

rad

Hi everyone,

Well i am now posting using mac :) :) :D

Everything seems to be going fine, but i did have to adjust the bios on my graphics card to get it to cool better as it was getting pretty hot.

But now i have come across another problem, does anyone know how to get a temperature reading of your processor with a GA-EX58-UD4 motherboard and a i7 2.66 processor? I have tried Temperature monitor 4.7 and it crashes my pc, also i have iStat nano, a pretty usefull widget to have but it only shows my hard drive temperature.

Any ideas how to get this working?

Thanks

Warren

Anyone care to point out the mistakes I've made with my proposed build here?

Sapphire HD4870 512MB (Apparently, support for this has been added as of a month ago. Anyone confirm success with this card? Specifically on this mobo?)

That's about it. I'm hours away from clicking "buy", so if anyone cares to help, I'd appreciate it. ;p

I would suggest you stick with Nvidia cards. The support and success rate for Nvidia is almost 10 to 1. ATI versus Nvidia performance aside, Nvidia win hands down for compatibility and tuning.

I would suggest you stick with Nvidia cards. The support and success rate for Nvidia is almost 10 to 1. ATI versus Nvidia performance aside, Nvidia win hands down for compatibility and tuning.

That's a little disappointing. The next card down I have is a GeForce 7800 GTX. Now, granted, I'm unlikely to be doing any gaming on the Mac, but the same box is going to be doubling as my WinXP platform, so there's a legitimate reason for using the best card I've got.

Probably I will try the 4870 out first - drivers do exist, after all, so it feels safe to assume that it should work in theory. But at least I know I have a backup card that enjoys a high probability of success.

im having a lot of trouble with my evga x58 board. i tried iAtkos and idneb and i keep getting errors like boot0 and like [79] error its weird. if someone could somehow give me a guide that would be brawesome!

Do bother browsing through this thread, guides and mini-howtos for evga x58 have been posted many times.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1105446

first: the search-function doesn´t work here?!

second:

i´m looking for succesfull installs and guides for the Asus P6T6 WS Revolution and the Intel DX58SO.

anyone on ipc 10.5.6?

yeah it's somewhat screwed up, for some reason doesn't show all the recent results sometimes.

use google, i.e. "i7 x58 evga site:insanelymac.com"

for everyone having trouble installing OSX first you must look at your bios make sure it is up to date. then disable all core leaving one core running, disable anything not need to boot like Lan, audio, firewire, diable all controllers leaving Only Intel ICHx running.

next look at what drivers you need to boot like southbridge ICH10 and Kernel that will allow your Intel i7 cpu to boot. other drivers you can fix that later unless the dvd you have as all of them but i do recommend just installing drivers for ICH and Kernel.

last you can look at DSDT to get all cores working by editing and if you are smart enough you can get audio, Lan, Firewire and even your Video card working and properly recognized just from editing your DSDT.

I am kind of lost on what you are describing here.

for everyone having trouble installing OSX first you must look at your bios make sure it is up to date. then disable all core leaving one core running, disable anything not need to boot like Lan, audio, firewire, diable all controllers leaving Only Intel ICHx running.

There's no point in doing in most of that. What does up-to-date bios has to do with it? Sometimes you may actually run into problems with latest bioses. Update your bios only if there's a point in updating and you know it will work.

next look at what drivers you need to boot like southbridge ICH10 and Kernel that will allow your Intel i7 cpu to boot. other drivers you can fix that later unless the dvd you have as all of them but i do recommend just installing drivers for ICH and Kernel.

In standard distros (ipc for example) you don't even need to install ich10 drivers, it works by default. Are you referring to installing from official dvd?

last you can look at DSDT to get all cores working by editing and if you are smart enough you can get audio, Lan, Firewire and even your Video card working and properly recognized just from editing your DSDT.

Would be nice if you posted a howto instead of giving this general "oh yeah you can do this, if you are smart enough" {censored}. Since whatever you typed is pretty much useless to most users reading this thread.

thanks radov4n

most postings here are confusing and/or nonsense. i often read "success!" and "it works!" following a big "BUT without lan, audio"...

i want to build a new 1366-sys, but i can´t find any real helpful informations.

There's no point in doing in most of that. What does up-to-date bios has to do with it? Sometimes you may actually run into problems with latest bioses. Update your bios only if there's a point in updating and you know it will work.

Updating you Bios gives Better support for your hardware if there are any bugs they fix them with a bios update

In standard distros (ipc for example) you don't even need to install ich10 drivers, it works by default. Are you referring to installing from official dvd?

Yes i am referring to installing from official DVD Very Soon i hope they do away with made distros it makes no scene if your running a Intel system now with the new Chameleon and EFI partition all can be ran from a USB flashdrive

Would be nice if you posted a howto instead of giving this general "oh yeah you can do this, if you are smart enough" {censored}. Since whatever you typed is pretty much useless to most users reading this thread.

anyone know should start reading what they can no one is going to hold there hand here this is not a store were you just pickup something and it works

all the information is all over the place on this forum maybe i should make a guide good idea

Updating you Bios gives Better support for your hardware if there are any bugs they fix them with a bios update

And may be a cause of incompatibility, sure. I've seen this happen before. New BIOSes can also introduce new bugs. I've seen that before as well.

Yes i am referring to installing from official DVD Very Soon i hope they do away with made distros it makes no scene if your running a Intel system now with the new Chameleon and EFI partition all can be ran from a USB flashdrive

Which is not so trivial to setup for an average, new to osx86 user. Main idea behind distros is to reduce that complexity.

anyone know should start reading what they can no one is going to hold there hand here this is not a store were you just pickup something and it works

all the information is all over the place on this forum maybe i should make a guide good idea

On the contrary, these forums are great mainly because people share information. There's absolutely nothing wrong with asking for guidance or instructions.

And yeah, get onto that guide. That would be useful :)

Hi everyone,

Can anyone tell me what the latest and best kernel is for the i7 processor and also where to get it.

Thanks

Warren

you can now use the vanilla 9.6.3 kernel, it was posted i think one page back. i personally and like alot of others am using the voodoo based 9.6.0 kernel

Hey guys,

SO I've had my system up and running for about a month now. For the most part things are running but I am still gettting random lockups and I'm not sure why. I'm running the kernel 9.6.0 and these kexts installed.... jmicronATA, system, IONetworkingFamily, IOATAFamily, IOAHCIFamily, AppleAHCIPort. I've update my com.apple.Boot.plist for the kernel. help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

GTX 285 confirmed mac edition comming in june! DRIVERS!! Woot! lol i'll probably grab two of these

native_state restore all your original kexts, the only one you need is the jmicronATA also verify your ahci settings are correct in bios....

JaE-V,

I used osx86tools to install the kexts and didn't make backups of the orginials. Any idea on how to reacquire the original kexts? Are they embedded inside the atkos disk somewhere?

should be in a folder called OSx86KextBackup in the root directory of your drive....in your bios under pata/sata configurations make sure the first and last two options are set to "ahci mode"

I know it's too early to tell, but what are peoples guesses as fas as these mobos/CPUs working with OSX86?

Gigabyte has a couple of X58 mobos that have me salivating & the lowest-priced Core i7 will be about $350:

http://www.tcmagazine.com/comments.php?shownews=22358

hi i have read a lot of the forum to get some info on the jetway BI-600 mouther board

http://www.jetway.com.tw/jw/motherboard_vi...;proname=BI-600

it should be the same as the intel p6t?

but i have tried allot of things still cannot get it to work?

info

Jetway BI-600 mouther board

6 gig ram

NVida 8600 gts graphics 512 card

1 terabyte Hard drive

Intel® Core i7 Processor i920 2.4

install with ipc

Voodoo 9.5

Realtek 8111 (1000) network card

i have set all drives to AHCI as suggested by other and used busratio=20 and cpus=1.

the busratio=20 and cpus=1 got things install going.

but i think there is something going wrong with the network saying something about logon id?

i have set the network drive to Realtek 8111 (1000)

and the it freezes when loading with -v -x at the point were it says:

Local host mDNA responder (25) couldn't read user specified local host name; using default bdevise-00381a3a659.localb instead

after his it frizzes ?

any one have any suggestions please :-)

Hi again everyone,

Well i am really happy with my hackintosh setup but I am still trying to fix all the little problems now, does anyone know how to change the id of my computer from a MackBook pro 5,1 to a Mac Pro. Also is it possible to get around having to type in busratio=20 every-time i start my computer.

Thanks once again

Warren

PS i downloaded the mach kernel a page or to back and it comes up as folder with nothing in it but it still takes up a couple of megs does anyone know what's happening with that?

Guys you can use the 9.7.0 vanilla kernel...the download for it also comes with the needed system kext as well. This knocks out the need to flag busratio and etc. Only requirement is that you need to be running the new chameleon rc bootloader. Downloads are in digital dreamers gigabyte tutorial in the tutorials section. Supposively a booost in performance. I personally am waiting til 10.5.7 since i'm planning on reinstalling when i go vanilla...good luck

Guys you can use the 9.7.0 vanilla kernel...the download for it also comes with the needed system kext as well. This knocks out the need to flag busratio and etc. Only requirement is that you need to be running the new chameleon rc bootloader. Downloads are in digital dreamers gigabyte tutorial in the tutorials section. Supposively a booost in performance. I personally am waiting til 10.5.7 since i'm planning on reinstalling when i go vanilla...good luck

Yeah, I have a similar plan. I think we are pretty close to 10.5.7 release, anyway.

Hi again everyone,

Well i am really happy with my hackintosh setup but I am still trying to fix all the little problems now, does anyone know how to change the id of my computer from a MackBook pro 5,1 to a Mac Pro. Also is it possible to get around having to type in busratio=20 every-time i start my computer.

Thanks once again

Warren

PS i downloaded the mach kernel a page or to back and it comes up as folder with nothing in it but it still takes up a couple of megs does anyone know what's happening with that?

Put busratio flag in your /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist, under Kernel Flags

Should look something like

<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>busratio=20 -v</string>

Hi again,

Thanks JaE-V and radov4n.

I will wait for 10.5.7 and @ radov4n, i put that line in but did not bother with the -v part as i never have to use it anyway (what does it do?) also now that that is fixed how do i change it from waiting 5 seconde to something like 2 seconds when it starts up.

Once again thanks

Warren