Leo4Allv4.1 AMD Released

bhst2

296 posts in this topic

For QI/CE it took me several attempt to get it. I have a 6600 LE.

To get it working, i've installed nvidia universal installer, deleted all injector (nvkush or nvinject). Then i've installed natit.

And graphics work perfectly. Hope it can help you

ok after some fooling around and figuring out that you can't burn this iso to a dvd+r, i finally burned it to a dvd-r and what do ya know? it installed! problems are as follows

1. i have to boot with idehalt=0 -f -v in order for leopard to boot

2. i have no ethernet or wireless at all!, shows up in system preferences but neither works

3 actions are choppy, if i click on a menu, it won't open unless i move the mouse a little.

4. no sound

5. i already know qe/ci are issues but am putting it here anyway.

i also have to move the mouse to complete a shutdown. will not do it on it's own

any help with either wireless or ethernet would be appreciated, then we can troubleshoot from there!

Impulsion, send me a pm with your msn or aim /gtalk .

congratultions!! feels good!! lot of time non working on 630m its on the go ;)

please send me your aim to make it work our machines toghether and solve problems.. and tell to bhast how to make it work.

See ya!!

ann i forget.. i move my partition order yesterday, format one in mac journaled mode (in other leopard) and yes! now im installing ;)

in hour i post my results

ThanX for such a great release. Leo4All has been the only distro that worked for me. I just have a few silly questions

what does SMBIOS do? and what is the ACPIfamily.kext fix for. I heard that ACPIfamily.kext fixes application crashes, but i'm still having problems with firefox crashes. I will try this distro as well and post back the results.

I installed leo4all v4.1 with the following settings:

Nforcetest

Nvkush 512

About This Mac

Kernal 9.4.0

SMBIOS-NetKas

ACPIPIPlatform - 1.1.0

Chameleon - Bootloader

I've got CI/QE and Azalia Audio working.

My Realtek RTL8187 Wireless is working as well.

ok. so ive tried installing this so many times now. and i rly dont know what to do.

i would so much appriciate some help. maybe over msg or something?

i have a

amd 64 x2 4800+

Gigabyte GA-M68SM-S2

nforce 630a

geforce 8600gt 512 mb

1x160 gig IDE

1x500 gig SATA

ive burned the v4.1 and it boots fine and i find my disks and i can install and everything is fine

but i actully dont rly know what things in the customize part im gonna choose for it to work best.

ive tried the nforcetest but then i get som stuck loop with the grey apple screen

and boot with .v ses something about atadrivers or something.

ive tried with the old nforce they seems to work.. it boots but after the grey logo the screen dies.

i dont know what i shoudl choose?

both nvidia drivers and nvkush? or just nvidia drivers or just nvkush?

ive tried both but nothing seems to work (havnt tried not choosing any)

i have got it to work with leo4all v2 but then my graphics got stuck at 1024x768

so if someone could tell what exacly i should install from the customize oprions it would be great

ive tried the 4.1.1 patch aswell but i think there was something wrong with the bruning session cuz that one just got the background from teh install but then nothing happens.

so pls i would rly lkike to have this working

last time i got it to work (with leo4all v2) the ethernet and all worked.. i think the sound worked aswell.. not sure.

and everything seemed fine but the graphic card.. but at that time i didnt have time to play around cuz i needed my vista quick for some stuff so i had to re.install that.

so yeah.. if someone could help that would be awesome.

Did I miss the Intel release?

intel ver not yet release if not mostaken

Looks like it gonna be skipped to Leo4Allv5_Client_AMD/Intel_10.5.5 instead. Which is cool save us from updating, as this will be an clean install anyway.

pretty kewL also, no need to work much to update the OS from 10.5.4 to 10.5.5

but then, i wonder when would it released to the public(leo4allv4 intel kernel)?

ok so due to expected/unexpected events, i have to abandon this project till i can find a little more support for my chipset. after a successful install with minimal hardware support (usb, keyboard and trackpad. firewire loaded and leo seen it, did not test it out though) i had a couple really big issues.

before i get into this, i'll explain what i use this laptop for. i'm a dj, currently using serato scratch live v1.8.2. this is really the only reason i want to run osx as the origional program was designed to run on osx and runs much more stable on osx. main issues are as follows:

power management-played on it for roughly an hour and a half with a cooling pad underneath in a well ventilated area. around that mark i started to have usb dropouts or loss of signal. they are normally attributed to excessive heat which means current power management bundle is allowing cpu to run too hot. couldn't give an exact temp but at this point it's irrelivant. i currently have the same issue with the window's xp drivers. however i can play for 8 hours straight in vista without any problem with heat.

no qe/ci- program functions fine until i go to load a track. the screen freezes for about 10 seconds then resumes. does not affect audio as it does not use any onboard drivers. everything is controlled within the program itself and through an external usb2.0 hardware interface.

no dvd drive support- put a cd or dvd in and it just sits there. it tries to read but is not successful. i believe i got the no media found error, regardless if it was a burnt cd/dvd or store bought cd/dvd. however the eject feature in osx works. have to wait 1-2minutes for it to eject though

now on to the +'s

1. was finally nice to have osx running again and to see people putting the time and effort in to help get the mcp67/630m chipset moving! and to finally see the sata hd issues solved as well. hd access times were fast and had no problems transferring anything at all.

2. usb worked natively which made it much easier to update kext etc. etc. since there currently are no fixes for ar5006x wireless or for nforce ethernet for my chipset. only solution for wireless that i found was for rebranding the atheros chipset, and i wasn't about to do that.

3. thanks to bhast for helping me out with the install issues! and thanks to arvexus for attempting to help with wireless, qe/ci issues and ethernet issues as well. it was worth several bricked install's to get to where we got even though our chipsets differed a little bit.

i will still be floating around here if anyone wants tips on install for my particular chipset. i know there aren't too many people using the nVIDIA nForce 7150M-630M, AMD Hammer chipset. but it seems like developers on this site are heading in the right direction. hopefully within a few months we'll see a little bit more support for everything else.

ps. i did not attempt to find or install any audio kext's other than azillaudio which did not work.

thanks and good luck!

Hello Bh st2,

Please see the attached (photo of startup error - ACPI).

The error is at approx. the 9th line.

post-291160-1222200255_thumb.jpg

Any ideas

My Toshi notebook

NOTEBOOK: Toshiba; L305D-S5873

CPU: AMD Turion X2 Dual-core Mobile-RM-70

MEMORY: DDR2-5300

VIDEO: ATI 3100

NIC:Realtek RTL8102E

WLAN: Atheros; AR5007E

SOUND: Realtek High Def Audio

Thank you .. cuseeme

Been trying to install this for the past 6 hours or so, finally got it up and running but graphics not working. (selected NVkush during install)

I Can Has Model?:

Chipset Model:	I Can Has Model?
 Type:	Display
 Bus:	PCIe
 PCIe Lane Width:	x16
 VRAM (Total):	256 MB
 Vendor:	NVIDIA (0x10de)
 Device ID:	0x01d3
 Revision ID:	0x00a1
 Displays:
Display:
 Resolution:	1024 x 768
 Depth:	32-bit Color
 Core Image:	Software
 Main Display:	Yes
 Mirror:	Off
 Online:	Yes
 Quartz Extreme:	Not Supported
Display Connector:

I have a XFX Geforce 7200SE 128 MB, and I can only run 1024x768 with no Quartz.. Help or point me in the right direction please? ;)

hello

problem with installing leo4allv4.1 it reboots automatically after using booting commands idlehalt=0

plz help what am i doing wrong even i have same specs like u guys with nforce 560 chipset MCP67M

it detects my hard drive u can see that in the screenshot am using obsidianx list of kexts apple nforce ata and viaata, i have even used greenturtles kext(extensions2.kext) but same problem it rebooting during installation plz help screenshot shows that

jnl: unknown-dev: jounal start/end pointers reset !

syncing disks.........Killing all processes

continuing

done

mach reboot

screenshot attached

post-197843-1222677844_thumb.jpg