Leo4Allv4.1 AMD Released

bhst2

296 posts in this topic

Heya guys. Firstly, thank you Bhast2 for such a fantastic release. It's lovely having that big number 4 in my about screen.

I am using the MCP67 nForce560 chipset with this release and I'm going to explain how. Due to some complications with the ApplenForceATA kext and the AppleVIATA kext the MCP67 chipset is not working on boot. This is down to the AppleVIAATA kext try to recognise the chipset, unfortunately it is not compatible so creates issues.

What you will need to do to get it working is a bit of manual work with the Leo4AllV4.1 ISO. Don't worry it's nothing complex but you will need:

• Transmac
  • My/ObsideonX's Extention.mkext
  • 25/50 minutes.

Ok so. I have two mkexts you can try. One worked for ObsideonX but did not work for me, and then my edited version which involves a modified AppleVIATA kext in place of the one in the original release. Try both, but try ObsideonX's first.

What you need to do:

Install Transmac (30 day trial) and select 'File' - 'Open Disk Image'. Then navigate to the Leo4Allv4.1 iso. From there you will need to show hidden files which is in one of the drop down lists at the top. (I can't actually remember).

From there, navigate to /System/Library and then delete the Extentions folder. After you have done that delete Extentions.mkext.

Once those two items have been deleted simply take the Extentions.mkext from this post and insert it where the original Extentions.mkext was in the ISO. Once that is done, exit the program and BURN :P .

Reboot and type idlehalt=0

Once you are in the installation menu, if you cannot see/modify your hard drive then try the second extentions.mkext attached.

Mega thanks go out to ObsideonX and Flee

EDIT: I didn't realise the files we're to large to host here, so I'll just use megaupload.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XU2YJU57

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=L9JD0F6E

greenturtle, i try with your extensions and no work, the first (ObsideonX ) i cant find it.. but with the second (megaupload) no lucky :D.

chipset mcp67 nforce630m / 7150m (hp pavilion AMD based notebook)

if u have a link to the obsideon post it and i try again ;)

bhast, i send u a pm please keep me updated about the mcp67 and if y make it work i send U the info.

see ya!

greenturtle, i try with your extensions and no work, the first (ObsideonX ) i cant find it.. but with the second (megaupload) no lucky ;).

chipset mcp67 nforce630m / 7150m (hp pavilion AMD based notebook)

if u have a link to the obsideon post it and i try again ;)

bhast, i send u a pm please keep me updated about the mcp67 and if y make it work i send U the info.

see ya!

Make sure you've deleted the Extentions folder as well. Sorry I forgot to put the link in for the second mkext. Try the second one now?

My system specs are these....will i be able to install this release on my system...........I tried installing the last release "LawlessPPC-Leo-10.5.4-Phenom&AMD" but wasn't able to.........my system restarted while the installer was still loading files and that too without giving any errors......

System Manufacturer MICRO-STAR INTERNATIONAL CO., LTD

System Model MS-7142

System Type X86-based PC

Processor AMD Sempron Processor 2800+, 1599 Mhz, 1 Core(s), 1 Logical Processor(s)

BIOS Version/Date Phoenix Technologies, LTD 6.00 PG, 4/24/2006

SMBIOS Version 2.3

Windows Directory C:\Windows

System Directory C:\Windows\system32

Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume5

Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 1.25 GB

Total Physical Memory 1.25 GB

Available Physical Memory 555 MB

Total Virtual Memory 2.75 GB

Available Virtual Memory 1.66 GB

Page File Space 1.54 GB

Any suggestions would be really appreciated.....thanks <_<

ok, here's the update so far, managed to get gui loaded up with the 2nd link from greenturtle's post, formatted the hd and am currently in the middle of an hour or so install, hopefully my next post here will be from osx! wish me luck

con el 2do me llega mostrar un disco en la lista, pero totalmente erroneo... particiones de tamaño incorrecto y me aparecen 2 cuando tengo 3 particiones

ninguno de los 2 archivos me funciono con el mcp67 nforce630m

Translation: Spanish » English_SetupBidi('source');

with the 2nd show me a disc arrives on the list, but completely wrong ... partitions and I are wrong size 2 when I have 3 partitions

2 none of the files I worked with the mcp67 nforce630m

i have the same chipset, modified the iso with this link: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=L9JD0F6E

the installer loaded, seen my hd, unfortunatly the install failed 2/3 of the way through because of a source disc error, i'm going to burn a new one and try again

i speak spanish sorry :)

with the second i see the disk in disk utilities, but totally erroneus, uncorrect size of partitions, and show 2 partitions when i have 3.

with the turtle kext no succes with nforce 630m / mcp67

ok, here's the update so far, managed to get gui loaded up with the 2nd link from greenturtle's post, formatted the hd and am currently in the middle of an hour or so install, hopefully my next post here will be from osx! wish me luck

Translation: Spanish » English_SetupBidi('source');

with the 2nd show me a disc arrives on the list, but completely wrong ... partitions and I are wrong size 2 when I have 3 partitions

2 none of the files I worked with the mcp67 nforce630m

i have the same chipset, modified the iso with this link: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=L9JD0F6E

the installer loaded, seen my hd, unfortunatly the install failed 2/3 of the way through because of a source disc error, i'm going to burn a new one and try again

Make sure you're using idlehalt=0 at boot!

You only see 128gb on first boot because the driver you are using to install is the AppleVIATA modified driver which doesn't support LBA mode. This means it only sees the first 128gb but once you are using Leopard it will see the rest of your hardrive.

Make sure you both burn at no more than 2x speed for safe burning. Yes, you need to delete the Extentions folder from the disk image and then replace the mkext.

Well I guess that deserves an answer.

I personally don't feel that new DVD releases should be on the front page. It generates too much off-topic noise. iDeneb had to be removed because it became a flamewar, JaS turned into an endless mess of people looking for install help, not to mention the fact that if the announcement is made before the torrent matures, it may become so overloaded that it fails. Generally, these topics turn into:

"someone put it on usenet/rapidshare/ftp" "zOMG I'm getting 24k/s 74% done PLEEEEEEESE SEEEED!!!" "This sucks I tried to install it on my dell & it crashes" "does this support matrox gfx cards?" etc etc etc.

However, my personal feelings are not the law around here, but we have yet to get a final decision on whether or not to front page new releases in future.

In the mean time, I would ask that we at least give time for everyone to post their messages in the news topic about prawker, before this goes front page, if that is what we decide to do.

Naturally, Bhast2 your opinion on this matter is appreciated, whether you prefer the attention of a front page post, or whether it is preferable to avoid the rush of noobs and their posts.

A google search for Leo4allv4.1 AMD 10.5.4 rapidshare beholds wonders!!

dude you rock this is the first release that worked nearly perfect on 2 machines my only complaint is the laptop is runnng alittle slow but i am posting from it right now of you have a solution please say so :thumbsup_anim:

Edit it runs great it was just the fact i booted with cpus=1 and -x amongst others