Leo4Allv4.1 AMD Released

bhst2

296 posts in this topic

got a qustion frist I'am runing a compaq Presario f761us AMD 64x2 dual-core

processor tk-57 [1.9 ghz] 2.5 gb of ram

Nvidia Geforce 7000m/nforce 610m

160 gb sata 5400 rpm hdd

light scribe dvd drive

Ok now you are armed with what i have my qustion is i get as far as where to install too .

my hdd is not showing how can i get it to see the drive and has any body have the same setup and what did they do ?

Thank you! I have successfully installed it on a Asus A8N-SLI Premium, nForce4/X2. The only problems:

-had to do a non-EFI install

-gigabit ethernet (Marvell/Yukon) not recognized initially; after installing the OS and realizing only the nForce LAN was working, I installed all network drivers on the DVD (except forcedeth, which was already in) and that did the trick; funny, the second LAN port shows up in system profiler as an Airport. Shows correctly as Marvell/Yukon in network utility. Beh, it works. That's what matters.

Thanks again!

Ok, so i've finally found it.

I try to install it on: (i didn't change anything in the bios)

Msi k8N SLI with 3800 * 2

2 go ddr

2x gigabyte 6600 LE 128

2 Sata HD

So far Leo4all is the only release which doesn't freeze during the installation.

So i've installed it, Leo runs for a while then i got a Kernel panic or a freeze. It could come at anytime, in the first minute or in the next few minutes.

i've installed the kernel 9.4.0 and the 9.2 non EFI

For other option, i've selected the good one for my hardware (at least i think)

I got sound, i can see all my hard disk, i got the ethernet, usb are working. I also tried the installation on the 2 hard drives

So i really don't know from where this kernel panic could come. The video cards are not recognized, could it be those 2 video cards ?

or is it because i've installed the 2 kernels ? Should i do some changes in the bios ?

Last question, is there a way to know why i got this kernel panic ? (i means executing something in the terminal or something like that)

thanks

Ok, so i've finally found it.

I try to install it on: (i didn't change anything in the bios)

Msi k8N SLI with 3800 * 2

2 go ddr

2x gigabyte 6600 LE 128

2 Sata HD

So far Leo4all is the only release which doesn't freeze during the installation.

So i've installed it, Leo runs for a while then i got a Kernel panic or a freeze. It could come at anytime, in the first minute or in the next few minutes.

i've installed the kernel 9.4.0 and the 9.2 non EFI

For other option, i've selected the good one for my hardware (at least i think)

I got sound, i can see all my hard disk, i got the ethernet, usb are working. I also tried the installation on the 2 hard drives

So i really don't know from where this kernel panic could come. The video cards are not recognized, could it be those 2 video cards ?

or is it because i've installed the 2 kernels ? Should i do some changes in the bios ?

Last question, is there a way to know why i got this kernel panic ? (i means executing something in the terminal or something like that)

thanks

You can only install one kernel

so only pick one

you should pick the 9.4.0 kernel

Bhast2 you've done an amazing work. Congrats ! :P

After 2(0) installations i got it working and stable. The problem was the 2x6600. I removed one and it's good. This card will be replaced by a 8600 GT (better than 2x6600 LE anyway).

But even if i change it, i would like it to work properly. And i've tried everything but i can't have the QI/CE working. I've tried GFX string, nvinject, nvkush but no success.

Any idea guys ?

EDIT : Ok i got it working by installing many drivers at the same moment. So now it's working (almost) totally. I have one bug left, the sound. The integrated sound card is a Sound Blaster Live but it seems that it can be recognized only as AC97. So the sound is working fine except in Itunes. When i try to listen to a song in itunes, it bugs (freeze or application crash). But no problem with other audio players. Is there a solution for this ?

Well yes, it works for me and it works for ObsideonX and we both have different Laptops with the MCP67 chipset.

yes impulsion try on nforce 630m / 7150m and no exit,

One question on previous posts.. of listing my disk partitions.. recognize 128gb of 250gb

I have to make a partition in the first 128gb and work? tellme your structure or tips for that

i still have not had a successfull install yet. as stated in my sig. it install's about 2/3 of the way and fails due to corrupt or damaged source! i have made 3 dvds so far, all of them with the 4.1.1 patch and with the extension2.mkext. the first one won't show my hd in the installer. all 3 dvd's have failed in exactly the same area. it install's 4.3gb and fails. the last dvd i even burned at 1x on a different pc with a brand new dvd burner

right, but you have other OS installed

now im trying to move partitions to make the order (fat32 - 30gb) (vista ntfs 100gb)(ntfs data 120gb)

because with the vista partition and data on first places no choice to install, create or anything with disk utilities (and see 128gb)

Addendum to my previous post (http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?s=&showtopic=123364&view=findpost&p=889479)

I have trouble with power management in 10.5.4. This is a desktop, not a laptop. No matter how I move the sliders in the power control panel, the computer goes to sleep if I don't touch it for 10 minutes. I disabled both sleep and display shut-off, but it still does it. How can I stop it from doing that? Especially since it doesn't wake up correctly afterwards (no video).

i have 160gb hd, 2 partitions, 130ish for vista, the rest is fat32. leo install dvd seen the whole 160 so i don't know what your problem is at this point

It would probably save you some headache to just get another hard drive just for OS X.

It would probably save you some headache to just get another hard drive just for OS X.

my hd isn't the problem anymore, it see's my hd just fine! i just have an issue with corrupt dvd images at this point. also being this is a laptop it's not like i can just throw another hd into it nore do i want to walk around holding on to an external drive with leopard on it

ok after some fooling around and figuring out that you can't burn this iso to a dvd+r, i finally burned it to a dvd-r and what do ya know? it installed! problems are as follows

1. i have to boot with idehalt=0 -f -v in order for leopard to boot

2. i have no ethernet or wireless at all!, shows up in system preferences but neither works

3 actions are choppy, if i click on a menu, it won't open unless i move the mouse a little.

4. no sound

5. i already know qe/ci are issues but am putting it here anyway.

i also have to move the mouse to complete a shutdown. will not do it on it's own

any help with either wireless or ethernet would be appreciated, then we can troubleshoot from there!