Leo4Allv4.1 AMD Released

bhst2

296 posts in this topic

OK, I managed to install osx using leo4all and using the extenions2.mkext, but I chose the worng kernal or somthing so I deleted the volume.

So then I reformatted the volume to fat32, next I booted up the same disk, and I started getting errors when formating the volume, At startup I get the "unable to mount /dev/rdisk01" or whatever and in the disk untility I get " input/output error"

I have tried everything from doing 2 full disk formats and using diskpart to make a hfs partition. I can not rember what I did to make the volume mounted so I could format it.

Im BEGGING please help!!

I have been sitting on here at least 12 hours a day!

Somebody please respond?

I'm installed leo4all 10.5.4. video card and ethernet working well. but sound and ide drives not working.

install some PATA extentions but mosty crash my system. Please help me!!!!

System

Gigabyte MA-790FX-DQ6

AMD PHENOM 9500

2*1 GB OCZ PLATINIUM

ATI HD2600XT DDR4

ETHERNET RLT8111

CHIPSET SB600+790FX

SOUND ALC889A

The DVD does not finish booting on my laptop, an Everex XT5000 (http://www.everex.com/products/xt5000t/xt5000t.htm <- complete specs on this page). The last messages I see on the screen before it hangs are related to DHCP not responding (repeated about 15-20 times). The same DVD boots and installs fine on my desktop.

A previous release, TubGirl 10.4.8 did boot fine on the same laptop, but couldn't install because of lack of SATA support for my chipset (nforce 430).

hi im all new to this and just to let you know ive tried to use kalyway 10.5.2 and had no joy on hp dv6000 model well 6095ea to be exact , i seem to get ps/2 request error alot and can not intially boot to install it, i have installed though by chance i guess on numerous occasion and closest i got was white apple screen the spinny icon and nothing, im downloading this version to see if i have any joy with this if any one can offer me assistance would be greatly appreciated.

HP DV6095EA

AMd x64 x2

256nvidia Geforce Go 7200

Also i want it Dual booting

ie i already have my xp on my first partition

at moment im using chain0 and windows boot options

1st problem: I've a 1900xt video card, so i selected x19x0 in installation step...but in leo i got black menu

2nd problem: i've a dfi nforce4 ut-d, i selected Forcedeth -V as network driver, but leo freezes when i try for exemple to download a file with safarei

how can i resolve these problems?

Thanks

hello

i have a hp pavilion dv6880 laptop and i want to install mac os x .

if i download & install Leo4Allv4.1 AMD on my laptop , is this work great for me ?

this is my laptop info :

cpu type : intel core 2 duo 2500 MHz

cpu instruction set : x86 , x86-64 , MMX , SSE , SSE2 , SSE3 , SSSE3 , SSE4.1

L2 Cache : 6Mb

motherboard chipset : intel crestilne GL960/GM965/PM965

Ram : 4096Mb DDR2 667

Graphic : Nvidia Geforce 8400GS 256Mb

HDD : 320Gb Sata & an External HDD ( 320Gb too )

i guess that's 50% won't work because the release say's Leo4Allv4.1 AMD...

and 50% will work because of the probability that someone out there had tried it already...they are not just willing to share.

Hello,

this installation disc is not working with EFI-optional components on my machine:

VIA® K8T800 Pro Chipset

RealTek ALC850

AMD X2 3800

1 GB Ram

IDE second partition with Mac OSX Extended and MBR

The boot sequence says: No ACPI found, and a kernel panic appears. ACPI is of course enabled in bios. APIC 1.4, too. OSX 10.4.8 runs without porblems.

- Is EFI better than NON-EFI?

- Does EFI work with MBR?

Thanks for help.

Happy to report that I updated successfully to 10.5.5 (using Zephyroth's ASU 0.5 - just google for "ASU-0.5-beta.zip") and then applied the security update 2008-007 also through Zephyroth's ASU. The 10.5.5 update takes a while, be patient. In my case in fact it never said it finished, but after an hour and a half I decided that it's time to reboot. The first time after that it rebooted by itself, then the system came up and it was indeed 10.5.5. All in all it worked beautifully. Boot time is now a LOT shorter than before.

I have a HP/Compaq nx6125, no matter what options I try I always get the "Still Waiting for Root Device"... not sure if there is a way around this or basically the installer won't boot on my computer at all. I have tried a prior version of Leo and installed fine, but had problems with audio.. it never worked. So went back to my Ubuntu and decided now to try the new version, but again, I cant get pass the "Still waiting for root device" error. If someone has any idea it will be appreciated. Trying to install Leo4All v4.1 AMD.

I get Still waiting for root device:S:S:S

AMD 64 3200+

512mb ram

seagate 250gb ata

Abit kn8-sli nforce 4

ati x1300

The disk does not see the chipset in your machine, you need the appropriate kext...

You can try this:

Connect the hard drive via USB external (using an external adapater or something similar), boot and install using that, my bet is it will install. Once installed then you can apply the appropriate kext for your chipset and then reboot one more time (via USB again - and if your machine is capable of booting thru usb external), if booted fine and you can see your grpahics chipset under "System profiler" then shutdown and transfer the hard drive back to inside the pc, the boot and you should be OK.

I did this on my dv5000 series laptop and it worked.

Good luck!

(maybe this is kext problem, will be fix on someday??)

about "Still wait for root device" message:

I have my solution.

Second_IDE master : empty

Second_IDE slave : PIONEER A10XL

"Still wait for root device" message occur

power off and hardware switch like this:

Second_IDE master : PIONEER A10XL

Second_IDE slave : empty

no problem, and my MacOSX is running.

Hey I'm Experiencing the same problem as most people so when i use the first mkext i can boot it up but then it doesn't see my hard drive. When I use the 2 mkext it just says something about sam multimedia thing cannot read or write and then says killing procceses and MACH Reboot please anybody help.

Hey I'm Experiencing the same problem as most people so when i use the first mkext i can boot it up but then it doesn't see my hard drive. When I use the 2 mkext it just says something about sam multimedia thing cannot read or write and then says killing procceses and MACH Reboot please anybody help.

did you even read what i wrote one post up there? this forum is NOT about helping ya, it's just about new releases and-their/or updates...

get your help here: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showforum=136

thanks.

Wow m8 cool down.

Maybe i can't read but it seems this version of leo4all is only AMD

Look on this forum for a intel version.

And don't dame people to hell just because you can't seem to use the search engine on this great forum