Modified boot-132 Bootloader

shardie

810 posts in this topic

Well, i figure out(according to this post) the GIGABYTE mobos are most compitable to install retail osx. -_-

everyone, (i mean maximum) here posting the GIGABYTE mobos success story! -_-

what 'bout others? :D

I thought the Intel mobos are the most compatible of all.

first of all search on this forum is bad. Try google with alc889 site:insanelymac.comI have the same board as you have. My iso is kinda ok. Restart/Shutdown don't work (after update to .4, in the begining it work ofb) and my SATA drives show op orange. I will post it soon on the other forum.I need some more advice with making the bootloader. I got it working from a usbharddrive (actually a bootpartition on your harddrive would be even better) though it is still somewhat slow. I found that minimizing the site of the initrd.img speeds up the boot proces. Is there anyway of making .mkext from you extentions folder? or doesn't this work. The size of my harddrive .mkext is 12mb's while the whole extensions dir is arround 220.
i was using elastics .iso and it didn't matter what i did i could not get onboard sound to work i am curious if anyone with elastics .iso and 889a audio have had any success.HOWEVER i did find a solution i went back to the generic .iso and HDAPatcher and was able to get sound i did have the ORANGE icons at first and got the default ones back by disabling RAID/AHCI mode in the bios (i believe its the firs option under intergraded peripherals) and left all other AHCI settings enabled.

Does anyone know whats in Elastics .iso its .mkext which i cant open .i have asked him to post the contents but he hasn't replied (i figured it out)

I'm lost, I've made my own ISO (Not going to post it because It is a large file)

So I did this

-used the superhai method

-modified the info.plist files of the Kext with the OSBundlerequired and root

-(I believe the error happens here when i am making the file into an ISO)

hdiutil makehybrid -o new.iso newiso/ -iso -eltorito-boot newiso/isolinux.bin -no-emul-boot

completes successfully (possibly a codec error? or a I/O miscommunication

-used /hiutil burn /new.iso

-Burn successful

Disc Isn't being read as a bootable disc?

Anyone know why this is, Is there more I need to edit besides the info.plist of the kexts?

I am able to boot the Generic Iso and all others I download, but those are missing 1 or two kexts each to allow me to install

Man I am SO close here.

The only 2 things I don't have working properly are SMBIOS.kext (won't load unless -f and I don't want it replaced in the real Extensions folder) and the other thing is showing the correct ICH9R information in profiler when SMBIOS *IS* working. I am using Macnub's lates SMBIOS, but no joy. SMBIOSEnabler seems to bork out shutdown AND restart.

Any ideas? I am inches away from success here...

Even Better is putting it onto USB key with the DFE bootloader.

This is what I have done with my 8gig USB key and it works GREAT.

Boots REAL fast and INSTALLS in around 10 minutes.

Check out my posts.

Good luck

If I do it in this way, can I do installation on MBR? Thanks in advance.

I dont understand what i am doing wrong if my board is working .. can u pls advice me a little more http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/3127/photomz2.jpg
What he basically means is that Nforce chipset will not work with the retail version over here for now.

Emuzaman,

I'll be buying a motherboard soon to test this Boot-132 method. I'm thinking of of using Intel board instead of Gigabyte but may not have more supporting kext. Hopefully it'll work.

What he basically means is that Nforce chipset will not work with the retail version over here for now.

Emuzaman,

I'll be buying a motherboard soon to test this Boot-132 method. I'm thinking of of using Intel board instead of Gigabyte but may not have more supporting kext. Hopefully it'll work.

ok, ok....GOODLUCK :):P:)

hi ppl,

i have a Asus F3S laptop

Core 2 Duo (T7300)

2Gb Ram

Nvidia GeForce 8400M

i've tried BOOT-KABYL-BUMBY.iso and the normal one that is in the first post, the problem is the same with both,

DarWin loads, then when I change the CD to the DVD MacOs backup, it loads darwin again, and then the background stays with

a gray Mac Logo, and it freezes in there.. :D

any sugestion??

tks

Use a very basic iso with essential kexts. Looks like problem with nvidia. boot with -v so you can know the error

I have tried to no end to make this work, I have added my kext files that work but every time I boot the disk with -v -f or nothing at all, when I should be at the install screen the video is all *#&%$# up all the specs are in my sig... any help would be great, I haven't seen anyone say anything about the Saphire ATI HD2600XT yet.....

I'm lost, I've made my own ISO (Not going to post it because It is a large file)

So I did this

-used the superhai method

-modified the info.plist files of the Kext with the OSBundlerequired and root

-(I believe the error happens here when i am making the file into an ISO)

hdiutil makehybrid -o new.iso newiso/ -iso -eltorito-boot newiso/isolinux.bin -no-emul-boot

completes successfully (possibly a codec error? or a I/O miscommunication

-used /hiutil burn /new.iso

-Burn successful

Disc Isn't being read as a bootable disc?

Anyone know why this is, Is there more I need to edit besides the info.plist of the kexts?

I am able to boot the Generic Iso and all others I download, but those are missing 1 or two kexts each to allow me to install

Does the hdiutil burn new.iso burn the file as a disk image or just burn the file as a data CD? (I'm just pulling at strings here)

Could try burning through Disk Utility or Toast or something.

I have everything working nearly perfectly. The only things that I can see that don't load / work correctly are REBOOT and SHUTDOWN, ICH9R showing in profiler (which worked perfectly with my old Kalyway build) and my AppleSMBIOS.kext not getting loaded unless I do -f. I want the stuff on the drive to be as vanilla as possible, so I don't want to patch here. Running 10.5.4 now.

Any ideas? I am using this with Chameleon and have the Extras folder in the root. Boots faster than the old install and works GREAT with the exception of these few things.

Use a very basic iso with essential kexts. Looks like problem with nvidia. boot with -v so you can know the error

tks for your reply..i've take some shots of the messagens i receive when i boot with -v.. the quality is bad but is the best i can do :(

img014gp3.th.jpg

img015zg8.th.jpg

any sugestion? do you think its related with my 8400 nvidia card??

what can i do to solve it??

i tried to edit the initrd.img but i cant even mount/extract it to anywhere.. i dont have a MacOs installed only Win Vista and Ubuntu dont know how to edit those files

tks

How do you boot leopard after loading boot-132? You would think that wouldnt be such a hard question to answer. I would like to know if Im doing something wrong or if my external DVD drive isnt working right. So if someone who has booted the disc could take 5 whole seconds to answer I would appreciate it.

How do you boot leopard after loading boot-132? You would think that wouldnt be such a hard question to answer. I would like to know if Im doing something wrong or if my external DVD drive isnt working right. So if someone who has booted the disc could take 5 whole seconds to answer I would appreciate it.

1) Insert your booting DVD and start your pc or atleast let it begin doing something

2) Notice isolinux is starting to load boot file and initrd (stands for initializing ramdisk or something similar)

3) When initrd has finished booting, you will see normal darwin bootloader. Change discs. Press enter.

4) Asks for device. For the same drive (which is 9f) press just enter.

5) Now the it let's you to input the boot flags if you press F8. Do that and write -v into the field and press enter.

6) Wait until your leopard has finished booting and gui comes up.

When you reach the boot device screen in the BIOS you're supposed to swap the bootloader for the retail DVD before proceeding.

After installation, you'll need to install a bootloader to the hard disk (e.g. Chameleon, PC-EFI, etc.) so you can boot directly into OS X from the HD

thanks, then I guess my drive is messed up because thats what Im doing. When I swap discs and press enter it just brings me back to the first screen, it just cycles those 2 screens when I press enter without even trying to access the DVD. Typing 9f just brings me back too. I did get it to work once, so I know the discs are fine, the drive must just be turning itself off or something after loading.

The only way I was able to get it to install was by restoring the leopard ISO to an empty partition and then typing 82 to select that HDD and then booting the partition.

hi ppl,

i have a Asus F3S laptop

Core 2 Duo (T7300)

2Gb Ram

Nvidia GeForce 8400M

i've tried BOOT-KABYL-BUMBY.iso and the normal one that is in the first post, the problem is the same with both,

DarWin loads, then when I change the CD to the DVD MacOs backup, it loads darwin again, and then the background stays with

a gray Mac Logo, and it freezes in there.. sad.gif

any sugestion??

tks

try the generic.iso

When you reach the boot device screen in the BIOS you're supposed to swap the bootloader for the retail DVD before proceeding.

After installation, you'll need to install a bootloader to the hard disk (e.g. Chameleon, PC-EFI, etc.) so you can boot directly into OS X from the HD

well i think i installed chameleon it says it installed but now what more info plz

Ok, bit of a strange one this, but I wanted to try making a USB boot loader key thing. I followed the instructions, using the syslinux proggie.

Anyway, i can get it to boot from the key, it says "select foreign OS", I can chose only one "hd(0,1)", it load initrd, then comes up with this:

System config file '/com.apple.boot.S/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist' not found

Now, is it me or should that ".S" not be in there?

More importantly, how can I fix this? I'm about to attempt a dual boot, and I really want a bootable USB so I can still use OSX if things go pear shaped... :unsure:

EDIT: My USB stick is formatted as FAT16, I'm not going to try FAT32, maybe this might do it.

It works fine from a CDRW, just not a USB stick for some reason. :(

FIXED: Added APPEND biosdev=81 to the end of syslinux.cfg and it now boots from HD. :) It doesn't load all the extensions (wifi doesn't work) but I'm sure that's fixable with some tinkering of initrd. :)

everything is almost perfect except one last thing i have a 640MB video card that shows up as 512mb and QE says not supported

i am using the generic .iso i have tried installing nvkush as well as nvinject .52 with no success

anyone have any suggestions