Modified boot-132 Bootloader

shardie

810 posts in this topic

hi i hope some one can guide me here i am a noob considering mac i have to rigs one Intel D915PCM and a ASUS Striker II Formula nVidia 780i MCP55 Chipset can i get some stepby stp guidence on how to install i read almost the entire post and tried out the generic.iso but keep getting stuck at SMBIOSEnabler : started then i get a panic and followed by a Backtrace on both my intel as well as Asus rigs . please let me know what kext i should use . thanks

It thinks you're an iMac because you are probably using a patched AppleSMBIOS.kext. There are various other ones you can use which enable to original AppleSMBIOS.kext to be used. For example, have a look here: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=108606

Regarding restart/shutdown, that's usually an ACPIPlatform.kext issue (power management). Have a search around, there are plenty of patched ones available for download.

- Sabr.

Thanks for the tip about ACPIPlatform.kext. I can shutdown with no problems now. Out of the issues withstanding, the biggest one I currently still have revolves around the BIOS not willing to load OS X. I can only load it if I load ELASTIC's bootloader (whom I forgot to thank earlier) first and manually change the Boot Device to 80 in the BIOS. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I can do to fix this? Will installing PC EFI do any good?

Hi, NSCXP2005.

I didn't lokk into you ISO image, but since I have tried on DELL Vostro1400 which has GMAX3100 similar to GMA950.

Things happned on you happened to me. Check out http://gsbd41316.wordpress.com/2006/08/01/...ipstaple-trick/

This is not new method. However it is worth to try.

Or I do plugin external monitor. I could finish installation. Well I still need paperclip or mod kext to use LCD on laptop.

I managed to boot the Install DVD, but after it gets to the Apple Logo screen it continues o load until it get to a Blue screen, once at this csreen it just sits and does nothing. Any ideas how to fix this?

I have a HP Pavillion dv6122ea (information can be found here)

Originally Intel Core Duo T2050 / 1.6 GHz,I upgraded to 2.0Ghz Intel Core2Duo

Originally 1GB RAM, I upgraded to 2GB RAM

Intel 950GMA Graphics Chipset

Ugh, how did I lose sounds *again*?!?! Nothing changed, and I've rebooted quite a few times and came back with sound. Now, there's no sound. I tried the same thing I did prior, didn't work. Now nothing I'm trying is working...Dangit, I just want to get sound back :D

With the iso file posted by the member ELASTIC, I was able to boot and install the retail DVD, but I had the following problems :

1) At the end of the installation, the setup is not able to automatically reboot the system, so I had to reboot with the reset button.

2) I was able to boot the installed Leopard (by using the boot cd) but then........if I try to shutdown the system, it does not work. I had a message at the center of the screen (in different languages) saying that I have to shutdown or restart the PC.

3) My CPU (Core Quad Q6600) is not recognized.

4) QE/CI does not work for my Geforce 8800GT 512MB

I did not try to check the ethernet card and the audio.

I want to remember that my hardware is :

MB: Gigabyte GA-EP35-DS4 (version 2.1)

CPU : Core 2 Quad Q6600

VIDEO: Geforce 8800GT 512MB

RAM: 4GB PC-6400

Could someone help me to fix these problems ? Maybe I need to change some kext inside the boot cd. I found that the member "ELASTIC" used a file named : extensions.mkext

How can I open this file to check the kexts inside ?

Regards

Hi, NSCXP2005.

I didn't lokk into you ISO image, but since I have tried on DELL Vostro1400 which has GMAX3100 similar to GMA950.

Things happned on you happened to me. Check out http://gsbd41316.wordpress.com/2006/08/01/...ipstaple-trick/

This is not new method. However it is worth to try.

Or I do plugin external monitor. I could finish installation. Well I still need paperclip or mod kext to use LCD on laptop.

Hi mate,

Do you know if there is a way to get OSX Retail to show the installer screen without doing this? I don't want to risk messing up my laptop. If it works on an external monitor, how do you get the laptop to use it?

I have installed iATKOS1.0iR2 fine, could you try using the kexts or mkexts from that, that might fix the problem.

Cheers

NSCXP2005

Computer Specs:

Motherboard: GA-965P-S3 (rev. 3.3)

RAM: A-Data 2GB @ 800MHz

CPU: Intel Core2Duo E6420 (2.13 GHz)

Video: GeForce 8800 GTS 320mb (G80)

HDD: Western Digital (320GB = 300GB for rest of us)

What i used to do the trick:

sabr's GA-965P-DS3 iso

My (sry Apple) downloaded 10.5.1 dvd

What i did:

installed osx like normal people do with the swap trick

first time i booted i had ps/2 kbd working, usb mouse, and probably the chipsets and things. i had no nvinject installed.

after begging two hours from irc the kaly dvd drivers. i got network working...

i began with upgrading osx 10.5.1->10.5.4

as usual downloaded things, installed them. And of course reboot/shutdown/sleep doesn't work. reset button did the job.

after the reboot when update takes effect i noticed that ps2 keyboard doesn't work. nice... after a minute i discovered network doesn't work either. And i'm stuck now...

Sheesh... A lot of posts. Ok. Here we go. ;)

I've set my SATA to AHCI mode in the BIOS before I partitioned the drive. ;)

Literally about 2 mins ago I managed to boot OSX for the first time! Tt looks like people have had this problem before with the 10.5.1 kalyway release, as I found with a little searching of this forum. It's already been solved too, this post in particular:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...st&p=704923

I done this, and it boots. I had my onboard LAN disabled in the BIOS but I have a PCI wireless card in there which was probably causing it to loop. I'm also using an external USB DVD drive to install and boot from. I've been using the purple ports the entire time, and now it's working I'm happy, and I don't need to take apart my pc. :D Also, I'm using the 10.5 retail DVD.

I've got quite a todo list:

1) Get OSX to boot without the CD

2) Get wireless drivers for my card so I can attempt an update from 10.5 to 10.5.4 (and see how things hold together)

3) Get drivers for my sound and gfx card, then have a go at getting dual displays

4) Try and get XP on the same HD and dual boot.

I this may take a while but I'll get it done eventually. If you could upload the sound driver, or just link it that would be good, as I'll probably need it later on once when I get to that part...

Well, atleast you got it working (sort of!). What I would recommend is that after you install 10.5, follow STVLNUB's instructions: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...mp;#entry808672

That tells you how to install it to the drive so you don't need the CD bootloader. After that, try installing the update again. After the first boot after updating it should run a post-install script and restart. Then it should work after that. Boot with -v to figure out what's going on.

I'm making a new ISO at the minute. I'll include sound drivers and a Disabler kext to get rid of any stuff we don't need at boot. This should hopefully improve compatibility.

Thanks Sabr.

Are you able to use more than 2gb of ram with this setup?

Yes, I've got 4096MB (4GB) installed.

Thanks for the tip about ACPIPlatform.kext. I can shutdown with no problems now. Out of the issues withstanding, the biggest one I currently still have revolves around the BIOS not willing to load OS X. I can only load it if I load ELASTIC's bootloader (whom I forgot to thank earlier) first and manually change the Boot Device to 80 in the BIOS. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I can do to fix this? Will installing PC EFI do any good?

Well, if you haven't installed the bootloader to the HD then it won't boot without the CD. Thats like pulling out an OS X HD from a Mac computer and expecting it to boot up in yours. Follow STLVNUB's instructions to install the bootloader to the HD and then it should work for you: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...mp;#entry808672

Computer Specs:

Motherboard: GA-965P-S3 (rev. 3.3)

RAM: A-Data 2GB @ 800MHz

CPU: Intel Core2Duo E6420 (2.13 GHz)

Video: GeForce 8800 GTS 320mb (G80)

HDD: Western Digital (320GB = 300GB for rest of us)

What i used to do the trick:

sabr's GA-965P-DS3 iso

My (sry Apple) downloaded 10.5.1 dvd

What i did:

installed osx like normal people do with the swap trick

first time i booted i had ps/2 kbd working, usb mouse, and probably the chipsets and things. i had no nvinject installed.

after begging two hours from irc the kaly dvd drivers. i got network working...

i began with upgrading osx 10.5.1->10.5.4

as usual downloaded things, installed them. And of course reboot/shutdown/sleep doesn't work. reset button did the job.

after the reboot when update takes effect i noticed that ps2 keyboard doesn't work. nice... after a minute i discovered network doesn't work either. And i'm stuck now...

Ok. I'm making a new ISO as we speak. You should be able to boot with that with no problems at all once I get the Disabler kext doing its job. :)

Hi everybody,

I am on a AsRock Conroe945G-DVI motherboard with a USB soundstick.

I used the generic.iso provided in the original thread (Thanks!) and was able to boot right away and install from Retail DVD to harddisk. Cool that worked flawlessly! After that, I upgraded to 10.5.4 and I can boot fine with the generic.iso boot CD. The only kext I had to overwrite was the AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext so I get the full resolution on my monitor. The System profiler is crashing, but I don't know how to fix it. Otherwise, it works very well.

Now, I want to be able to boot from the HD directly. So, I installed dsmos.kext in Extensions overwriting the original one and afterwards Chameleon 1.0.11, and finally repaired permissions.

Now halfway through the boot process, I get that grey multilanguage error screen with no real hint why it doesn't boot.

Can you guys please help me how to enable HD booting without using a boot cd? Which kexts do I have to replace for a minimal, bootable configuration? I know dsmos.kext is mandatory, but any others too?

Also, when I install Chameleon and try to boot from HD, I have no possibility to boot in verbose mode, right? I cannot enter -v anywhere in the process as there is no prompt, nor does Apple-V work.

Pls help!

Thank you

Hi there!

I have tried the generic.iso with no success....

I have a GA-G31M-S2L and Geforce 8600 GT Silent.

Is there any other iso that i can use?

Is There anyone with this motherboard that had success with this method?

Thanks to you all

Cesarium

Hello to all,

does anybody know how to make an IMG file under windows that works without any errors? I have made a IMG file, but when I boot up the CD it comes up with a "checksum error on image file".

Please can soebody help.

Cheers

NSCXP2005

Hi everybody.

I installed and booted OS X 10.5 successfully, but I'm having some problems with the EFI gfx strings. On my previous installation I used the PC_EFI_v8 with the 8500GT 256 gfx string.

But now I'm using the BOOT-132 with the same gfx string, system wont boot at all. It's actually stuck in the text mode... Then I need to boot in to single user mode, and delete the gfx string from the com.apple.Boot ...plist file.

How do I get the Gigabyte (NVidia) 8500 GT 256 running on a BOOT-132 system?

thanks.

Hey everbody out there!

I was reading this forum thread and some others with big interest and made some trys on my own but did not finish yet.

So please give a noob some info :( or some links!

1. The kext which I'll have to modify depend on my specific hardware, so I'll have to find out all PNP divece IDs and write them down for modding the kext later?!

2. When I want to install from the Leo retail DVD, I need to change to AHCI mode in my BIOS (IDE or raid do not work am I right?!) - please provide a link for recommented BIOS settings if you know

3. As I saw there are two differnt ISOs for Boot-CDs, which should choose?

4. My Hardware:

- MSI OEM Mainboard (VIA Chipset)

- Core2Duo CPU

- Nvidea 7600GS GPU but want to upgrade to Club 3D Radeon HD 3870 soon

- Free eSATA HDD - so I can plug out my other HDDs on the PC with Windows on it - want to dualboot maybe later if my hardware is supported.

- In addition I have a MacBook Pro with Win on it so I can modd files on both OS.

So please provide me some help and some helpfull links.

THANX!

hi i hope some one can guide me here i am a noob considering mac i have to rigs one Intel D915PCM and a ASUS Striker II Formula nVidia 780i MCP55 Chipset can i get some stepby stp guidence on how to install i read almost the entire post and tried out the generic.iso but keep getting stuck at SMBIOSEnabler : started then i get a panic and followed by a Backtrace on both my intel as well as Asus rigs . please let me know what kext i should use . thanks

To use Mac OS X Vanilla DVD needs a Intel "Mac" closer systemz, like a Intel Core processos and Intel Chipset. This is only combination supported by "Vanilla Installz", other processors and chipsets isn't supported by "Mac OS X Vanilla systemz"

So if you have a nVidia 780i - i assume that isn't an intel chipset.

intel chipset means northbridge and southbridge intel, as well as a intel core 2 duo or intel quadcore

if you do not have all 3 intel items, you cannot boot or use the methods described here in this forum post.

you need to research Kalyway 10.5.2 DVD or iATKOS - you will probably use a nvidiakernel from the kalyway 10.5.2 dvd as well as have to pick your audio and lan chips / or not install them and add the lan / audio chipset kext after you finish installing.

Hey everbody out there!

I was reading this forum thread and some others with big interest and made some trys on my own but did not finish yet.

1. The kext which I'll have to modify depend on my specific hardware, so I'll have to find out all PNP divece IDs and write them down for modding the kext later?!

2. When I want to install from the Leo retail DVD, I need to change to AHCI mode in my BIOS (IDE or raid do not work am I right?!) - please provide a link for recommented BIOS settings if you know

4. My Hardware:

- Core2Duo CPU

- Free eSATA HDD - so I can plug out my other HDDs on the PC with Windows on it - want to dualboot maybe later if my hardware is supported.

- In addition I have a MacBook Pro with Win on it so I can modd files on both OS.

THANX!

No way to work. Need used usual patched versions.

Hey everbody out there!

4. My Hardware:

- Core2Duo CPU

THANX!

Hmm , is this MSI OEM Mainboard maybe in a Medion PC (8818)?

If so I know there is no HPET support on it ... so no vanilla kernel possible.

And as F41qu3 mentions on the fist page : Only on intel chipsets , yours is VIA

Greetz

Axethrower

Okay, I have my GA 945GCMX-S2 all updated to 10.5.4 using the generic ISO and installing the retail version of Leopard, but I'm still not sure how to get it to boot without using the CD. I had to use the GUID partition as MBR would not let me install. I read about chameleon, but I don't understand how to use it with GUID. Also where exactly do I put the dsmos.kext?

Okay, I have my GA 945GCMX-S2 all updated to 10.5.4 using the generic ISO and installing the retail version of Leopard, but I'm still not sure how to get it to boot without using the CD. I had to use the GUID partition as MBR would not let me install. I read about chameleon, but I don't understand how to use it with GUID. Also where exactly do I put the dsmos.kext?

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?act...st&id=29690

use osx86 tools to install chameleon. its really easy. then you'll be able to boot from the hdd