Modified boot-132 Bootloader

shardie

810 posts in this topic

I installed Leopard 10.5.1 retail dvd using my Mac mini on an external hard drive. Mac os x installed correctly without any problems. I am using these kernel extensions:

dsmos.kext

IntelCPUDisabler.kext

SMBIOSEnabler.kext

When i try to boot leopard on my intel core 2 duo 2.20 ghz pc i get this error:

localhost mDNSResponder[40]: Couldnít read user-specified Computer Name; using default bMacintosh-000000000000b

localhost mDNSResponder[40]: Couldnít read user-specified local hostname; using default bMacintosh-000000000000.

localhost mDNSResponder[40]: SetDomainSecrets: mDNSKeychainGetSecrets failed error 0 CFArrayRef 00000000

localhost mDNSResponder[40]: Couldnít read user-specified Computer Name; using default bMacintosh-000000000000b

localhost mDNSResponder[40]: Couldnít read user-specified local hostname; using default bMacintosh-000000000000.

localb instead

Then it freezes there

Any ideas?

Mac_Attack12

dsc00793tx9.th.jpg

Just a quick guide to add kexts and make iso from OS X.

Download this package

Open terminal

Make a directory

mkdir newiso

copy following from the package into newiso:

- boot

- initrd.img

- isolinux.bin

- isolinux.cfg

- mboot.c32

to edit initrd.img set rw permission

chmod 777 newiso/initrd.img

then you should open it

hdiutil attach newiso/initrd.img

now copy the kext you need into /Volumes/initrd/Extra/Extensions/

cp -R mykext.kext /Volumes/initrd/Extra/Extensions/

I suggest you add dsmos.kext NVkush.kext and if you have alc889 also HDAenabler.kext and if you need kext to boot your root device also

One thing to notice, the kexts need this in the info.plist file:

<key>OSBundleRequired</key>
	 <string>Root</string>

or

<key>OSBundleRequired</key>
	 <string>Console</string>

or they will not load. To add those properties you can use nano and need to be added at the end of the plist file just before the last lines:

</dict>
</plist>

If you need a bigger image you may resize it with this comman, choose appropriate size

hdiutil resize -size 20MB newiso/initrd.img

when you are finished adding you eject your initrd image

hdiutil detach /Volumes/initrd

now you need to create your iso

hdiutil makehybrid -o new.iso newiso/ -iso -eltorito-boot newiso/isolinux.bin -no-emul-boot

and then burn new.iso with your favorite burner (first try with a cd-rw disc so you can redo it later iwthout wasting cdr disc)

Need help. I cant get the CD to boot.

I downloaded the generic.iso.

Mounted it using diskutil

Copy the files to newfolder called newiso.

mounted initrd.img using diskutil

Replaced all kext to the ones I need

unmount intird.img

mounted initrd.img using diskutil to doublecheck kext

unmount intird.img

hdiutil makehybrid -o new.iso newiso/ -iso -eltorito-boot newiso/isolinux.bin -no-emul-boot

burn using diskutil

And no Joy, I also tried to burn new.iso with Nero in windows and its the same :) Did I miss something???

I installed Leopard 10.5.1 retail dvd using my Mac mini on an external hard drive. Mac os x installed correctly without any problems. I am using these kernel extensions:

dsmos.kext

IntelCPUDisabler.kext

SMBIOSEnabler.kext

When i try to boot leopard on my intel core 2 duo 2.20 ghz pc i get this error:

localhost mDNSResponder[40]: SetDomainSecrets: mDNSKeychainGetSecrets failed error 0 CFArrayRef 00000000

localb instead

Then it freezes there

Any ideas?

Mac_Attack12

dsc00793tx9.th.jpg

What board are you using?

OMFG I am so close!!

Does anyone know why this thing is so selective about what kexts it loads off of the disk? There are certain ones that just will not load unless I do a -f.

SO SO close ARRRRG!!

Same problem here, playing with a gigabyte d3sl with 8800gt: starts to load darwin then gray screen with dark gray apple, but after a while I am seeing a slashed through gray circle on top of the Apple symbol (curious: anybody knows what this slashed through circle means?). The spinner goes on forever...

[...]

i've tried BOOT-KABYL-BUMBY.iso and the normal one that is in the first post, the problem is the same with both,

DarWin loads, then when I change the CD to the DVD MacOs backup, it loads darwin again, and then the background stays with

a gray Mac Logo, and it freezes in there.. :(

any sugestion??

tks

@boxer82003:

what method are you using to modify the iso ? I use ultaiso and transmac to modify it............Everything I change inside intird.img then give me the same problem : when I boot the pc, I receive a "checksum error". Could someone say me the reason ?

Thanks

sorry for the noob question, but how does one creates a new GUID partition?

I tried searching the forum a little but couldn't find any straight tutorial regarding that.

Thanks

if you alread have a MBR partition, you must delete it and you have to make a new GUID partition. I did that because I think that it is not possible to change from MBR to GUID, so you have to delete the old MBR partition and make a new GUID.

Regards

Cheers overflow1972,

but one last question, I have windows xp installed on the first partition of my drive, if I create a second partition that is GUID will I lose XP? if I wont, will it be possible to use chameleon to run XP?

to have XP e GUID on the same disk you must change the dimension of the XP partition (to create unallocated space). Then you must use this space to create the GUID partiotion. I do not know if you'll lose XP. I have xp and leopard on separate drive.........so I have no problem about that

Thanks for the tip about ACPIPlatform.kext. I can shutdown with no problems now. Out of the issues withstanding, the biggest one I currently still have revolves around the BIOS not willing to load OS X. I can only load it if I load ELASTIC's bootloader (whom I forgot to thank earlier) first and manually change the Boot Device to 80 in the BIOS. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I can do to fix this? Will installing PC EFI do any good?

Which AcpiPlatform did you use?

try the generic.iso

img014gp3.th.jpg

img015zg8.th.jpg

i've already tried generic.iso.. but no luck it stucks in there (these screens are from BOOT-KABYL-BUMBY.iso but it hangs in the same place)

what can i do to solve it??

can anyone explain me how can i edit initrd.img in Windows Vista, i've tried UltraIso, MagicISo..but it says it cannot open the file.. dont know what to do

tks

to have XP e GUID on the same disk you must change the dimension of the XP partition (to create unallocated space). Then you must use this space to create the GUID partiotion. I do not know if you'll lose XP. I have xp and leopard on separate drive.........so I have no problem about that

hi overflow,

did you install retail(your sig says-leo4all)on the GA-EP35-DS4?

is it easy to install?

which iso you choose & how to...if u post a step by step guide..it's should be very helpful for me..

regards. :D

@emuzaman:

Hi mate,

I used this iso to boot the system. I was able to install the retail version of Leo, but I finally had these problems :

1) The shutdown and restard do not work (I have an error message in different languages saying that I must restart the system or shutdown it with the power button)

2) With my NVIDIA Geforce 8800GT 512MB I have QE/CI disabled

To fix these errors, I need to modify the boot CD (I mean the iso file) because I need to change some kexts. I am trying to do that but my final iso gives me "checksum error". I asked for help about that, but I didn't have any answer to fix it.

Regards

i've already tried generic.iso.. but no luck it stucks in there (these screens are from BOOT-KABYL-BUMBY.iso but it hangs in the same place)

what can i do to solve it??

can anyone explain me how can i edit initrd.img in Windows Vista, i've tried UltraIso, MagicISo..but it says it cannot open the file.. dont know what to do

tks

Try the "cpus=1" flag.

I messed up my leopard install, but i have a backup on another hdd. it isnt bootable. would i be able to boot from the backup using boot-132?

Yes , you simple select it by 81/81/83 in the boot-132 HD selection.

Sure, this works only if your backup isnt bootable because darwin /EFI bootloader isnt installed.

If the backup system has very wrong permissions or an major hfs+ error, boot-132 cant help boot from that.

Need help. I cant get the CD to boot.

I downloaded the generic.iso.

Mounted it using diskutil

Copy the files to newfolder called newiso.

mounted initrd.img using diskutil

Replaced all kext to the ones I need

unmount intird.img

mounted initrd.img using diskutil to doublecheck kext

unmount intird.img

burn using diskutil

And no Joy, I also tried to burn new.iso with Nero in windows and its the same :P Did I miss something???

Anybody have success in burning????

I don't want to spread panic or anything else, my apparently this method killed my motherboard.

I finally manage to boot the Retail DVD and when it finished the installation, the installer gaves me an error an said for me to reboot and try it again. I frustrated but well.. OSx86 is always like that, you must keep trying, so I pressed the button to reboot and after that my system never POST anymore :thumbsup_anim:

I shut the system down and when I start it again, all coolers are working but no BIOS POST at all. What can it be? I really never saw nothing like that.

What board are you using?

OMFG I am so close!!

Does anyone know why this thing is so selective about what kexts it loads off of the disk? There are certain ones that just will not load unless I do a -f.

SO SO close ARRRRG!!

I do not know what kind of board i am using. I have a Sony Vaio VGN-FZ250E.

I have an Intel Chipset.

Chipset: Intel GM965

Southbridge: Intel 82801HBM (ICH8-ME)