Modified boot-132 Bootloader

shardie

810 posts in this topic

hello guys,

first of all, i have to say thanks and give credit to ~Galaxy, because my custom .iso is made with his terminal script :thanks_speechbubble:

has for the the audio part, I must say that I don't use onboard audio, I use firewire audio, so I'm not going to look for a solution for it (for now)

if anyone has a solution for this (newmacky), please help out

has for the kernel panic @ shutdown, i've solved it with a different AppleHDA.kext

the ACPI is also changed, now giving me a correct model name "Mac" and a correct identifier "P35-DS4"

i may try to change the processor type with a different SMBIOS

the new iso is here:

http://www.mediafire.com/?pb9zdbzzx3m

the extensions i use are here:

http://www.mediafire.com/?2toqmtqt3fm

the makeboot script from ~Galaxy is here (post #214):

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...mp;#entry811114

now, i have one question:

i'm using this iso in a usb stick bootable (windows method by STICKpIN)

is it possible, now that i have my system working good, to get rid of the USB stick and put the bootloader on the hardrive? and keep the vanilla system untouched?

cheers

there's no reason why you couldn't just install the bootloader on your hdd. use osx86 tool. works great for installing a bootloader and making hdd bootable.

thanks for sharing your files.

what is the "makeboot" script for?

there's no reason why you couldn't just install the bootloader on your hdd. use osx86 tool. works great for installing a bootloader and making hdd bootable.

thanks for sharing your files.

what is the "makeboot" script for?

the makeboot script is for making the BURNME.ISO

osx86 tool?

the makeboot script is for making the BURNME.ISO

osx86 tool?

~pcwiz's osx86 tools

just use that to install chameleon, and then replace the boot file in the root of your install partition with the dfe boot file. The one thing that bothers me about this is that there is no way that i can figure out to get a countdown or automatic load of leopard, i always have to press enter for it to continue. If anyone knows a way past this please let me know!

Thx elastic ...

Is your Shutdown working. I am using your ISO for booting. Till now i have an absolutely untouched system except for AppleHDA.kext for audio and Device string for Video.

Restart works fine. However I get a KP during Shutdown. Any idea what kext I would need.

~~

Boxer ... I have the same mobo as yours ..If your audio still not working ... lemme know .... I could give you my AppleHDA.kext and boot.plist file .. try those and let me know if it works ... I only have 2.1 working tho ... no 5.1

Can mail you only after i get home ..

~~

Here are the 3 files in the complete Leopard installation that I have modified. Again, the boot.plist file does not include the hex string for Video card. Please let me know if any one needs that.

It only includes the Audio string for Realtek ALC889A.

Boxer let me know if this works for you.

Note: Please make a backup of your extensions folder and your boot.plist file. After you place the files in the appropriate locations ... REMEMBER to go to DISK Utility to repair disk permissions (It never hurts to do that)

~~

ALCinject.kext.zip

AppleHDA.kext.zip

com.apple.Boot.plist.zip

~pcwiz's osx86 tools

just use that to install chameleon, and then replace the boot file in the root of your install partition with the dfe boot file. The one thing that bothers me about this is that there is no way that i can figure out to get a countdown or automatic load of leopard, i always have to press enter for it to continue. If anyone knows a way past this please let me know!

nice tools, didn't noticed them

so, and what about the kexts i have in the usb stick bootloader? do i have to put them elsewhere?

Here are the 3 files in the complete Leopard installation that I have modified. Again, the boot.plist file does not include the hex string for Video card. Please let me know if any one needs that.

It only includes the Audio string for Realtek ALC889A.

Boxer let me know if this works for you.

Note: Please make a backup of your extensions folder and your boot.plist file. After you place the files in the appropriate locations ... REMEMBER to go to DISK Utility to repair disk permissions (It never hurts to do that)

~~

thanks for the help newmacky

i just downloaded the files is it ok to just drag the 2 kext files into kexthelper and what about the com.apple.boot.plist does that go into the

/Libraries/Preferences/System Configuration/apple.com.boot.plist

ok i just loaded the 2 .kext files into kext helper and put the apple.com.boot.plist in Libraries/Preferences/System Configuration/apple.com.boot.plist

and sound still says no output devices found

this is strange the generic.iso works fine for sound? what am i missing here?

ok i just loaded the 2 .kext files into kext helper and put the apple.com.boot.plist in Libraries/Preferences/System Configuration/apple.com.boot.plist

I am not using generic iso I am using Elastic's ISO.

He has got a DS4 which is pretty close to DS3 mobo !!

BTW in my case in system profile ... Audio (in-built) says no device found .. but for me sound works just fine !!

~~

Did u also repair your disk permissions ?

~~

hello guys,

first of all, i have to say thanks and give credit to ~Galaxy, because my custom .iso is made with his terminal script :)

has for the the audio part, I must say that I don't use onboard audio, I use firewire audio, so I'm not going to look for a solution for it (for now)

if anyone has a solution for this (newmacky), please help out

has for the kernel panic @ shutdown, i've solved it with a different AppleHDA.kext

the ACPI is also changed, now giving me a correct model name "Mac" and a correct identifier "P35-DS4"

i may try to change the processor type with a different SMBIOS

the new iso is here:

http://www.mediafire.com/?pb9zdbzzx3m

the extensions i use are here:

http://www.mediafire.com/?2toqmtqt3fm

the makeboot script from ~Galaxy is here (post #214):

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...mp;#entry811114

now, i have one question:

i'm using this iso in a usb stick bootable (windows method by STICKpIN)

is it possible, now that i have my system working good, to get rid of the USB stick and put the bootloader on the hardrive? and keep the vanilla system untouched?

cheers

KP at shutdown is no more but i just get a black screen pc dosent actually shut down

other then that and audio you have the perfect .iso

I am not using generic iso I am using Elastic's ISO.

He has got a DS4 which is pretty close to DS3 mobo !!

BTW in my case in system profile ... Audio (in-built) says no device found .. but for me sound works just fine !!

~~

Did u also repair your disk permissions ?

~~

yes i repaired disk permissions

did i put the plist in the right place?

did you use kext helper ???????

how did you ad the kext files?

i was updated to 10.5.4 berfore i tried this

did i put the plist in the right place?

sudo cp -r /Volumes/Macintosh/System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext /BackupExtension

sudo rm -rf /Volumes/Macintosh/System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext

sudo cp -r /Users/ak/Desktop/AppleHDA.kext /Volumes/Macintosh/System/Library/Extensions/

Followed by Disk Repair

I did not use KEXTHelper

com.apple.boot.plist goes to /Volumes/Macintosh/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration

~~

sudo cp -r /Volumes/Macintosh/System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext /BackupExtension

sudo rm -rf /Volumes/Macintosh/System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext

sudo cp -r /Users/ak/Desktop/AppleHDA.kext /Volumes/Macintosh/System/Library/Extensions/

Followed by Disk Repair

I did not use KEXTHelper

com.apple.boot.plist goes to /Volumes/Macintosh/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration

~~

ok trying that right now i will report back

i just reinstalled everything fresh install just gonna update to 10.5.4 first.

i did notice audio (built in) shows as intel hi definition audio and there is a device id and audio id but no available devices

this is a brand new install

what about the alcinject you only show te applehda.kext

ok trying that right now i will report back

i just reinstalled everything fresh install just gonna update to 10.5.4 first.

i did notice audio (built in) shows as intel hi definition audio and there is a device id and audio id but no available devices

this is a brand new install

what about the alcinject you only show te applehda.kext

stuck here i think

users/ak/ what goes here

The username on your computer. .... it is basically the location where you saved the kext locally ...

Repeat the same steps for the other Kexts as well ... same location ... just change the name of the kext

~~

The username on your computer. .... it is basically the location where you saved the kext locally ...

Repeat the same steps for the other Kexts as well ... same location ... just change the name of the kext

~~

just figured that out

just gotta try the alcinject now

Help - Having trouble with my Intel GMA 950 Graphics Driver,

Does anyone know which kexts I need to run it, Also I boot in -v with the AppleIntelGMA950.kext and it says something like could not determine dependency or something like that (might also be can not determine extensions, I don't remember) anyways, am I missing something else it needs to boot that driver?

anyways, I am on my way to hunt through the forums for an answer, just thought I would post this first to give people a chance to reply (I'm a bit anxious to get this working)

edit -oddly enough, When I install Kalyway 10.5.2 Intel + Amd CD, My Graphics won't start with only the GMA 950 Graphics selected, It seems it requires another kext from that because I am able to see images when i select everything inside the graphics tab. any thoughts on what it might be? (I think it might be the Natit one but I am not sure and I do not know an efficient way to test it.) System profiler reads my graphics card as

chipset model - GMA 950

type: Display

bus: Built-In

VRAM(Total): 64 MB of shared memory

Vendor: Intel (0x8086)

Device ID: 0x27a2

Revision ID: 0x0003

Display is built in

I am using a Laptop (might be relevant because of LaptopDisplay.kext)

edit - Actual Graphics device - 945GM Graphics Controller according to http://support.dell.com

edit - Wait do I only need the AppleIntelGMA950.kext or do I also add in the AppleIntelGMA950GLDriver.bundle, AppleIntelGMA950VADriver.bundle and the AppleIntelGMA950GA.plugin?

just figured that out

just gotta try the alcinject now

well no luck

i am pretty sure i did it right as alcinject shows in the extensions folder and i see the backup folder in the root.

here is what i did

i opened terminal ran the above commands for AppleHDA.kext as well as alcinject.kext then repaired disk permission using disk utility added the plist to the library/prefs/systemconfig

are you running the f12 bios ?

also about this mac audio shows exactly this

Intel High Definition Audio

device id: 0x1458A002

audio id: 12

available devices:

theoretically i would think this would be possible. Of note is the fact that if certain extensions have a dependency on another extension, having one of the kexts in the /extra/extensions folder and the other in the /system/library/extensions folder can cause problems.

For example, I had ATIInject, ATINDRV, and IONDRVSupport in /extra/extensions for my videocard, and i got an error saying the kext IOGraphicsFamily.kext could not be found, even though it was actually in /system/library/extensions. copying it into the /extra/extensions folder fixed this. My guess is it has to do with when the kexts are loaded, since the ones in extra/extensions are loaded first, all dependant kexts must also be loaded at that time, and therefore must also be in the /extra/extensions folder.

Thank you for the input llauqsd

In making a new cd, How do I find out the dependencies for each kext? I am looking into the kext files now and i'll post back if I figure it out.

and for the loading the file earlier I believe there is a string command in each plist file that you can edit so it is loaded on boot, I am not sure how to do this but it sounds like something that can be done. other than that you could edit your chemelion file or efi to get it to load on boot probably, obviously your method is much easier to do.

edit found this at the bottem of the plist file -

<string>0x03000000&0xff000000</string>

<key>IOPCIPrimaryMatch</key>

<string>0x25828086 0x25928086 0x27728086 0x27A28086</string>

<key>IOProbeScore</key>

<integer>100</integer>

<key>IOProviderClass</key>

<string>IOPCIDevice</string>

<key>IOSourceVersion</key>

<string>0.0.0.0.0</string>

</dict>

</dict>

<key>OSBundleLibraries</key>

<dict>

<key>com.apple.iokit.IOGraphicsFamily</key>

<string>1.0.0b1</string>

<key>com.apple.iokit.IONDRVSupport</key>

<string>1.0.0b1</string>

<key>com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFamily</key>

<string>1.0.0b1</string>

<key>com.apple.kernel.iokit</key>

<string>1.0.0b1</string>

<key>com.apple.kpi.bsd</key>

<string>8.0.0</string>

<key>com.apple.kpi.iokit</key>

<string>8.0.0</string>

<key>com.apple.kpi.libkern</key>

<string>8.0.0</string>

<key>com.apple.kpi.mach</key>

<string>8.0.0</string>

</dict>

believe this means that I need the IOGraphicsFamily.kext, IONDRVSupport.kext, and IOPCIFamily.kext to run this extension correct?

also do i need to include the .plugin/.bundles in my boot cd?

has anyone successfully gotten appleazaliaaudio.kext to load from boot-132? i have to keep putting it in my system/library/extensions folder for it to work.

I read a post saying that it won't load if you have more than 2 audio controllers added

I forgot to add that in the info.plist of each file you place in /extra/extensions you must add

<key>OSBundleRequired</key>
 <string>Root</string>

at the end before

</dict>
</plist>

The IOProbeScore key in each info.plist file has to do with which kext is loaded if there are two for the same device, and can help in getting an older kext to run rather than a newer one, but i guess that's not the issue here.

Your assumption regarding dependencies seems logical, but only trial and error will help you know for sure (already wasted 3 dual layer dvds).

The last dvd i made included ATINDRV.kext, IONDRVSupport.kext, RadeonX1000.kext, and IOGraphicsFamily.kext, yet gave me a blue screen on boot. Using these same kexts on my hard drive under /extra/extensions worked...so maybe it has something to do with the version of plugins/bundles on the dvd? I will probably test this when I have time tomorrow. I don't even know how loading plugins/bundles would work, or if it's possible for the dfe bootloader to just have it available to the kexts at an earlier time without actually loading them. All this is purely speculation.

Edit: what hardware do you have and which kexts are you trying to load on your boot cd?

The only Issue I am tackling at the moment is my graphics driver because it won't run without certain kexts. My driver is actually 945GM controller (Via support.dell.com) but I am able to use the GMA950 to get it to run. I was just wondering which kexts I need to get it to emulate display.

well i am at a loss i am stuck with no sound i am not sure what else to try i dont want to use the generic .iso because my benchmark are better with elastics iso but at least i get sound with the generic iso.

what else am i missing here ?????????????