Modified boot-132 Bootloader

shardie

810 posts in this topic

My pc use Pentium 4 2,8ghz, Asus P5GPL-X Intel 915PL Chipset, and NVIDIA Geforce 6500

I try to boot from generic.iso and kabyl.iso, but still can't install dvd retail..

please help, what to do? could someone be kind enough making me customize iso.

thanks,

Download taruga's applehda patcher, then use any linux disc to get the codec file of your audiocard. (for me it's at /proc/asound/card0/codec#2 ).

what linux disc do you recommend?

or if anyone has the codec and could upload it would be great

pentium4 doen't support vanilla..

does pentium D(i mean dual core) support "vanilla"?

if does, why couldn't i install the retail dvd.....even fail to boot from iso..

i used a lot of iso(s) out there...like generic,BOOT-KABYL-BUMBY,grub-dfe...and so many..

im getting error(checksum..something like that)when i try to boot from iso(s)..only grub-dfe booted well but no futher more..

the spec is:

pro-intel pentium D 2.8GHz

mobo-intel 945GNT

ram-2 gb dual channel

hdd-80gb sata

dvd rom pata

gfx-onboard GMA 950..

any ideia?

thankx :censored2:

** one more thing-i tried this on my 2nd comp. that is running c2d 3GHZ,intel DG33TL mobo, 2gb 800 ram,sata 400gb hdd,sata dvd writer and ati HD2600XT...but there's some iso booted and apple grey screen appear, spinnig wheel shows..and never ending spinnig..whats the wrong i've done?

Hi, I hope i can provide some help for people who are facing the same issue as me...

Specs:

Proc: Intel e8400

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-P35-DS4 ver 2.0

Graphic: Sapphire ATi HD3870

HDD: 250GB SATA-II

RAM 2 x 1GB Crucial RAM

Optical: LG-Hitachi SATA DVD-Writer

Bootloader: generic.iso (Will work until 10.5.2 updates)

Bootloader: customized DS4.iso (Does not work at all with waiting for UUID problem)

The problem happened to me was... Whenever I try to update from 10.5.2 --> 10.5.3/10.5.4 and after system reboot, it can never load with waiting for root device error... After some search made through the forum, it seems to be less responsive therefore, I have to search through google...

Back to topic... it seems to be boot volume mixed up and one of the solution posted online can be found here:

http://patternbuffer.wordpress.com/2008/03...uplicate-uuids/

Does this means, I have a duplicated UUID loaded (probably caused by both ISO mixing with HD) ? I'm making another fresh install with only 1 partition (instead of 2 partitions created previously)... hopefully it will solve the problem...

what linux disc do you recommend?

or if anyone has the codec and could upload it would be great

Personally i like ubuntu the most, then just execute the command in terminal:

cat /proc/asound/card0/codec#2 >> ~/Desktop/codec.txt

put the codec.txt somewhere on your hosting or possible place to upload.

Then on working mac system drag the txt file to tarugas applehda patcher and sound works... You will get drawbacks if you use front panel audio.

The sound forum has a direct link for the 889a files/methods. You'll need HDAPatcher 1.20 and the right dump file for it.You can also try EFI strings using EFIstudio or similar method.All of these are outlined in the sound forum. A search will point you in the right direction in no time.Aren't the instructions on the first post in the forum? ;)

i have spent days browsing through this forum to fix this, i have downloaded the alc889a.zip installed the kext files via kext helper and no luck. about this mac shows my computer as an i mac would this have any impact on my audio,

i have very little luck with the search funtion in this forum

@ digitalr0gueyeah, but nothing works ;) no .iso boot the retail dvd(for intel dg33tl and 945gnt)..guess, i need a proper iso to boot properlythen i could install..thanx anyway..
At what point are you swapping the discs out? You need to press enter at the first darwin prompt, then swap the discs at the second prompt. Also, most setups will use 9f as the boot device number. Just making sure ;)
i have spent days browsing through this forum to fix this, i have downloaded the alc889a.zip installed the kext files via kext helper and no luck. about this mac shows my computer as an i mac would this have any impact on my audio,i have very little luck with the search funtion in this forum
Try the Taruga Wiki, download the HDA Patcher 1.20 and look for a link to your hardware dump file somewhere on the page. The wiki was having problems as of this posting, but it's around and a great resource to get you started.Also try scouring this forum for a dump file.

pity me..and I have just bought retail this dvd this afternoon..hiksss..

thanks for your info anyway..

The others are correct, Pentium 4 systems can't run the vanilla kernel. However, you can still install from the retail DVD - sort of ;)

As you can see from my sig. I too have a Pentium 4 system, but I used my retail 10.5.1 dvd to install it. First step is to use disk utility to restore the retail dvd to either a 8+ gb usb key or an external hard drive. Then replace the vanilla kernel with one of the newer modbin patched kernels. Then install either pc-efi-v8 or Chameleon boot loaders on tehdrive where your copy of the retail dvd resides. You will also need to add some amount of patched/older kext as required by your hardware.

This is usually done by trial and error - until you get the install disk to boot. Then install osx to your internal drive and make the same patches as were required on the install media. Unles you just enjoy hacking a system - as I do - you might wish to consider one of the very fine distribution dvd available in various places.

Personally i like ubuntu the most, then just execute the command in terminal:cat /proc/asound/card0/codec#2 >> ~/Desktop/codec.txtput the codec.txt somewhere on your hosting or possible place to upload.Then on working mac system drag the txt file to tarugas applehda patcher and sound works... You will get drawbacks if you use front panel audio.
ok downloading ubuntu 8.04 i386 i will report back one thing i noticed is that elastics .iso show my computer as an imac, kaly used to show it as a mac pro and i read somewhere mac pro uses alc889a audio so would this make the OS not see my audio

Pentium D is more or less two p4´s in a sandwich. There are different versions as it is with p4 as well.

well superhero, what bout other one-(c2d e8400 3GHZ,intel DG33TL mobo, 2gb 800 ram,sata 400gb hdd,sata dvd writer{even usb dvd writer} and ati HD2600XT)can't boot any iso(s)..it says cheaksum error...any sugession?

THANX A LOT.

hi ppl,

i have a Asus F3S laptop

Core 2 Duo (T7300)

2Gb Ram

Nvidia GeForce 8400M

i've tried BOOT-KABYL-BUMBY.iso and the normal one that is in the first post, the problem is the same with both,

DarWin loads, then when I change the CD to the DVD MacOs backup, it loads darwin again, and then the background stays with

a gray Mac Logo, and it freezes in there.. :(

any sugestion??

tks

well superhero, what bout other one-(c2d e8400 3GHZ,intel DG33TL mobo, 2gb 800 ram,sata 400gb hdd,sata dvd writer{even usb dvd writer} and ati HD2600XT)can't boot any iso(s)..it says cheaksum error...any sugession?

THANX A LOT.

The same error on P5B Deluxe MB.

At what point are you swapping the discs out? You need to press enter at the first darwin prompt, then swap the discs at the second prompt. Also, most setups will use 9f as the boot device number. Just making sure :(

Hmm...but unfortunately the boot device number is 1st HDD 80 2nd HDD 81 and main i mean the boot drive is [fe] :) ,where it should be [90] right?

any path to solve this? :)

**well, im using sata in AHCI mode(HDD&DVD WRITER)

Hi guys, I am trying to work on a GUI, but need some help on adding it into the ISOLINUX.CFG file which looks like this

CODE 1

PROMPT 0 TIMEOUT 90 DEFAULT /mboot.c32 /boot --- /initrd.img

while the ones that I have seen look like this.

CODE 2

default install

prompt 1

timeout 0

display boot.msg

label install

kernel vmlinuz

append ks=cdrom:/ks.cfg initrd=initrd.img text

So if anyone can help me place the files where they belong into CODE 2 would be nice

I tried this

PROMPT 0 TIMEOUT 90 DEFAULT /mboot.c32 /boot --- /initrd.img DISPLAY boot.msg

but never worked and gave me a checksum error

Ok, I cannot get sound working at all...I have tried getting the linux dump, and entering it. But nothing works ;) I had sound, but now it's gone and I can't get it back. I have ACL888 audio, and right now I'm out of ideas. Might have to go for USB headphones if I can't get this working :(

@sabr

Thanks for all your patience in helping me and everybody else out. I settled down this morning, rather than letting my eagerness to get my system fully running mess with my judgment, and dug deeper into the threads and followed karaakeha1's Leopard guide and got my system booting OK in 10.5.4 with Chameleon

Still some issues I have to look into:

-Got OS X to recognize my 8600 GTS using both EFIStudio and NVkush, but Quartz Extreme is not enabled (though System Profiler detects that QE is supported by the card)

-Need to test/install Audio and Ethernet drivers

-There was a weird issue when I unplugged my display and keyboard, plugged them back in later, and the system had the blue screen (the one that can be seen during startups and shutdowns). I was unable to reclaim control of the system.

-The computer does not power off after OS X completes its shutdown (I think I've found the thread on the issue, but I haven't checked how old it is yet)

-Based on karaakeha1's guide, where removing AppleEFIRuntime.kext, AppleHWSensor.kext, and AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext are key (but are done AFTER installing the combo update), I was curious as to how this affects future updates? Wouldn't the updater look for these kernel extensions before installing the update? I guess this question applies to all machines where certain kexts need to be removed/modified...

For all of you BLUE screen people. Here is how to solve it (there are two ways):

1. Install with an external monitor attached.

2. Download the Leopard Graphics Update from the Apple's site.

Better Method:

1. Install with an external montior.

2. Update to 10.5.4 using the Combo update that you can download from Apple's Site

You will need to edit your Boot CD probably afterwards to get the kexts to the right versions.

For all stray reader, this is not how you solve this problem if you are not using a RETAIL DVD.

Hi mate,

is there any way to do it without installing a external monitor?

once done using these methods, will it be able to be used on the laptops LCD screen?

Ok, here's my GA-965P-DS3 v2 ISO: http://www.mediafire.com/?1rw5fnxdmtg

Has some improvements: support for Rev 1.0/Rev 2.0/Rev 3.3 Onboard LAN support. Includes Disabler.kext too. Also I bumped up the version numbers of the kexts so that they aren't replaced by the ones on the DVD. Haven't actually tested it with the retail DVD, but the extensions are working with my Retail DVD OS X install, so I presume it works ok.

:D

Personally i like ubuntu the most, then just execute the command in terminal:

cat /proc/asound/card0/codec#2 >> ~/Desktop/codec.txt

put the codec.txt somewhere on your hosting or possible place to upload.

Then on working mac system drag the txt file to tarugas applehda patcher and sound works... You will get drawbacks if you use front panel audio.

ok downloaded and booted off the unbuntu disk browsed the cd to /proc/asound/card0/codec#2 copied the codec#2 file drag it into the AppleHdAPatcher it said its done patching and rebooted but no luck note it did say its an 885

I've tried SATA with AHCI, IDE mode.... no sucess...

stuck in 'still waiting for root device' ....

my hardware is:

GA-P35-DS3

Core2Duo E8400 3 GHz

Kingston 2GB RAM DDR2 800MHz

HD Sata 500GB (AHCI Mode)

DVD LG IDE

................ generic.iso :wacko:

Any sugestion?