Modified boot-132 Bootloader

shardie

810 posts in this topic

For all of you BLUE screen people. Here is how to solve it (there are two ways):

1. Install with an external monitor attached.

2. Download the Leopard Graphics Update from the Apple's site.

Better Method:

1. Install with an external montior.

2. Update to 10.5.4 using the Combo update that you can download from Apple's Site

You will need to edit your Boot CD probably afterwards to get the kexts to the right versions.

For all stray reader, this is not how you solve this problem if you are not using a RETAIL DVD.

My Computer is Toshiba L40 Laptop, I encounter "Blue screen" problem, when connect to external monitor , it works for me to install retail leopard dvd .

this is what i did,

1.install leopard

2.download combo update 10.5.4 from apple site

3.install combo update 10.5.4

4.reboot

5. if the computer don't connect to external monitor , it shows up "Blue screen".

how can i do?

my toshiba L40's graphic is GMA950

It seems that it doesn't load the kext files from the initrd.img files if they are older that the ones in /S/L/E. Any solution to this?

Greetinx Atz

This is the BIG problem, isn't it. There has to be a way to modify the kext to always have a newer date/version than the one you have in S/L/E. This is KILLING me on a few kexts that work PERFECTLY when I boot -f. Curses!

For noobs I recomend to use most first simple image file: http://www.mediafire.com/?uwd9dtttjfk

I burnt cd-boot for this link, and I followed these steps:

#2 - Boot this CD;

ok!

#3 - When Darwin prompt appear, eject CD and put Mac OS X Leopard Retail DVD;

ok!

#4 - Press enter (or -v and enter...wherever...)

ok!

#5 - in this stage, when it finishes the reading verbose mode(apple logo), I am in a blue screen, without no action.

This is the BIG problem, isn't it. There has to be a way to modify the kext to always have a newer date/version than the one you have in S/L/E. This is KILLING me on a few kexts that work PERFECTLY when I boot -f. Curses!

Would modifying the date on the necessary kexts from the Terminal work?

Same problem here, playing with a gigabyte d3sl with 8800gt: starts to load darwin then gray screen with dark gray apple, but after a while I am seeing a slashed through gray circle on top of the Apple symbol (curious: anybody knows what this slashed through circle means?). The spinner goes on forever...

Use generic.iso - The other one bombs out on my gigabyte mobo. Generic.iso by itself will get everything installed and functional sans audio, which is a simple fix after install. My Nvidia (NVkush) only gives me issue after updating to 10.5.4. Boot with the -v switch and tell us where you get stuck at.

what board do you have i have tried applehdapatcer and it didn't work for me i dont care about 5.1 just channel

GA-P35-DS3R; Patched audio using ALC889Adump file

Did you try changing your output source in the Sound Preferences?

ok i've got an asus p5w hd deluxe board, intel core 2 duo 3.0ghz, nvidia, i used macitas image to boot the dvd, and it installed fine, i erased the old partition first, made a guid partition, installed, and it starts back up with " System config file ' /com.apple.Boot.plist' not found, actually it starts up with a blinking cursor, which im assuming means its not set to active, but if i let the disc time out , and load, thats what it says.

Is it possible to know which are the "crucial" kexts to put inside the iso used to boot ?

I have GA-EP35-DS4 but and I installed the retail dvd by using Elastic's iso, but now:

1) Restart and shutdown do not work properly

2) LEO does not recognize the cpu type

3) LEO says that my computer is an IMAC and not a MACPRO

4) QE/CI is not active on my 8800gt 512MB (I know I have to use nvinject or nvkush)

Can someone say me which kext must I change to have the correct chipset recognized (I have ICH9R) on my mother board ?

Thanks

Is it possible to know which are the "crucial" kexts to put inside the iso used to boot ?

I have GA-EP35-DS4 but and I installed the retail dvd by using Elastic's iso, but now:

4) QE/CI is not active on my 8800gt 512MB (I know I have to use nvinject or nvkush)

Can someone say me which kext must I change to have the correct chipset recognized (I have ICH9R) on my mother board ?

Thanks

1: live with it

2 & 3 AppleSMBIOS.kext

4: you answered yourself.

Thanks

It's time to introduce a new iso(Elastic's iso V.2) by Elastic.... :help:

1: live with it

2 & 3 AppleSMBIOS.kext

4: you answered yourself.

hmm...understood.. :tomato:

thanks hagar.

Hi,

I booted with generic and installed Original Leopard

on HP Compaq 6820s Laptop. Chipset Mobile Intel® GM965

Processor Intel T8300. Upgraded to 10.5.4

Leopard works except:

1.Touchpad is not recognized - I use external USB mouse

2. Video card is correctly recognized as ATI but the model is not displayed, hence

low resolution. Vide card is ATI Mobility Radeon x1350

3. Sound doesnt work. Sound card has High Definition Audio support, ADI1981HD High Definition CODEC

Please advise how to solve above problems

Thanks

Mario

Thanks

Look at the threads in my signature.

For 1) you'll need AppleACPIPlatform from karaakeha1 and the shutdown fix (which must be installed on HD)

2 and 3) already answered, use the SMBIOS provided there if you like (version 28), although iMac is ok.

4) you can also use an EFI string and put it into boot.plist (not sure if this also works in the initrd)

try editing the version numbers to higher ones in the info.plist files and version.plist files (if it exists). They should either be in kextname.kext/contents/info.plist or kextname.kext/info.plist

also changing the IOProbeScore Value (also in info.plist) to one higher than the original kext may have an effect. I don't know if this works 100%, but I have my system loading all old ATI kexts in order to boot my system perfectly, with no -f. Now the only thing i have to figure out is getting the DFE bootloader to automatically load osx instead of just sitting at the darwin screen.

I installed Leopard 10.5.1 retail dvd using my Mac mini on an external hard drive. Mac os x installed correctly without any problems. I am using these kernel extensions:

dsmos.kext

IntelCPUDisabler.kext

SMBIOSEnabler.kext

When i try to boot leopard on my intel core 2 duo 2.20 ghz pc i get this error:

localhost mDNSResponder[40]: Couldnít read user-specified Computer Name; using default bMacintosh-000000000000b

localhost mDNSResponder[40]: Couldnít read user-specified local hostname; using default bMacintosh-000000000000.

localhost mDNSResponder[40]: SetDomainSecrets: mDNSKeychainGetSecrets failed error 0 CFArrayRef 00000000

localhost mDNSResponder[40]: Couldnít read user-specified Computer Name; using default bMacintosh-000000000000b

localhost mDNSResponder[40]: Couldnít read user-specified local hostname; using default bMacintosh-000000000000.

localb instead

Then it freezes there

Any ideas?

Mac_Attack12

dsc00793tx9.th.jpg

Any ideas?

GA-P35-DS3R; Patched audio using ALC889Adump file

Did you try changing your output source in the Sound Preferences?

i cant its all just greyed out can you send me a link to the dump file you have i tried downloading some as well as extrating one from a linux disk but nothing worked i am using AppleHDAPatcher 1.20, the only way for me to get sound was to use the generic.iso but elastics iso give me better benchmarks.

here is the list of the extensions i used in my .iso:

Thx elastic ...

Is your Shutdown working. I am using your ISO for booting. Till now i have an absolutely untouched system except for AppleHDA.kext for audio and Device string for Video.

Restart works fine. However I get a KP during Shutdown. Any idea what kext I would need.

~~

i cant its all just greyed out can you send me a link to the dump file you have i tried downloading some as well as extrating one from a linux disk but nothing worked i am using AppleHDAPatcher 1.20, the only way for me to get sound was to use the generic.iso but elastics iso give me better benchmarks.

Boxer ... I have the same mobo as yours ..If your audio still not working ... lemme know .... I could give you my AppleHDA.kext and boot.plist file .. try those and let me know if it works ... I only have 2.1 working tho ... no 5.1

Can mail you only after i get home ..

~~

hello guys,

first of all, i have to say thanks and give credit to ~Galaxy, because my custom .iso is made with his terminal script :)

has for the the audio part, I must say that I don't use onboard audio, I use firewire audio, so I'm not going to look for a solution for it (for now)

if anyone has a solution for this (newmacky), please help out

has for the kernel panic @ shutdown, i've solved it with a different AppleHDA.kext

the ACPI is also changed, now giving me a correct model name "Mac" and a correct identifier "P35-DS4"

i may try to change the processor type with a different SMBIOS

the new iso is here:

http://www.mediafire.com/?pb9zdbzzx3m

the extensions i use are here:

http://www.mediafire.com/?2toqmtqt3fm

the makeboot script from ~Galaxy is here (post #214):

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...mp;#entry811114

now, i have one question:

i'm using this iso in a usb stick bootable (windows method by STICKpIN)

is it possible, now that i have my system working good, to get rid of the USB stick and put the bootloader on the hardrive? and keep the vanilla system untouched?

cheers