Modified boot-132 Bootloader

shardie

810 posts in this topic

The only Issue I am tackling at the moment is my graphics driver because it won't run without certain kexts. My driver is actually 945GM controller (Via support.dell.com) but I am able to use the GMA950 to get it to run. I was just wondering which kexts I need to get it to emulate display.

the 945GM controller is the chipset which has a GMA950 on it, so the driver is for that device :) .

Are you able to get graphics working properly when not using the DFE bootloader? resolution change, QE/CE etc.

If you aren't, then we need to tackle that issue first. If you are, then post the kexts you have to use to get graphics working normally.

the 945GM controller is the chipset which has a GMA950 on it, so the driver is for that device :thumbsup_anim: .

Are you able to get graphics working properly when not using the DFE bootloader? resolution change, QE/CE etc.

If you aren't, then we need to tackle that issue first. If you are, then post the kexts you have to use to get graphics working normally.

Thank you for the Help llauqsd

Yes my video works perfectly

sorry for the long reply, I was testing a new cd. still no video. but the rest of it seems to be working. My kext load so I edited them correctly but I am missing/ have a conflict with some part of a video kext.

(How do I know which kexts rely on one another?)

Funny how GMA 950 always has so many issues.

Oddly enough the way I got GMA 950 working with no issues was to just select all the graphic drivers in my Kalyway 10.5.2 DvD and it installed with no issues, no artifacts, plus QE supported.

With only GMA 950 selected, QE was not supported.

(Possible explanation: Computer uses GMA 950 for main display and then possibly something else(natit?) for acceleration. (who knows? just a random guess because of the graphic emulation speed increase)

where do I find out exactly which kexts I need to emulate this video display? The generic.iso one doesn't work with GMA 950

can you use boot-132 to load apple.com.boot.plist from cd/usb? i have searched all over the place but i have not found a definite answer, maybe because there is not definite answer but if someone found out how, please share.

I am trying to get my Nvidia 880GT 512MB running but I have problem.

On the boot cd I tried first with nvkush (it does not work) and then with "nvinject 512MB" (it does not work).

My retail installation says version 10.5

I changed the info.plist file inside the following kexts (installed on the pc) :

1) geforce.kext

2) nvdanv50.kext

3) nvdaresman.kext

to add the ID of my video card.......but still it does not work.

So I have nvkush or nvinject on the cd, and the kexts 1-2-3 installed on the hard disk.

I am not able to change resolution and I have QE/CI disabled.

Can someone suggest me how to fix ?

Thanks a lot

I am trying to get my Nvidia 880GT 512MB running but I have problem.

On the boot cd I tried first with nvkush (it does not work) and then with "nvinject 512MB" (it does not work).

My retail installation says version 10.5

I changed the info.plist file inside the following kexts (installed on the pc) :

1) geforce.kext

2) nvdanv50.kext

3) nvdaresman.kext

to add the ID of my video card.......but still it does not work.

So I have nvkush or nvinject on the cd, and the kexts 1-2-3 installed on the hard disk.

I am not able to change resolution and I have QE/CI disabled.

Can someone suggest me how to fix ?

Thanks a lot

Is Nvidia 880GT 512MB intel based? because only Intel based cards are supported at the moment otherwise

- Check to make sure you are using the correct version of the kexts for your current OS X version

- Make sure that there aren't any other graphic kext attempting to emulate the video besides the ones that you want. (they might take control instead of your choice)

- make sure the version of the kexts you are using supports your graphics card

- Did you add to the plist device id and vendor id (not the revision ID)

-all I can think of at the moment, I'll edit more if I think of anything else

to add to the above, did you remember to add

<key>OSBundleRequired</key>

<string>Root</string>

to each info.plist file

@noob766 - I'll look into your issue more tomorrow. My friend has a laptop with a gma950 running leopard as well so if i see him i can try it on that as well.

@noob766 : thanks a lot for your reply.

@llauqsd:

thanks for your reply too. I do not know if the info.plist for nvinject or nvkush on my cd has the these string inside. This evening I will add them and I'll try. Do you know if:

1) geforce.kext

2) nvdanv50.kext

3) nvdaresman.kext

installed on the pc from the retail DVD has already these strings inside ?

Thanks

Thank you llauqsd for the help, I am going to attempt to get it working with different combinations of files, I'll post an a package of kexts if I can get GMA950 working for the other people out there. (have a feeling that its not happening today because I am still missing some things) anyway good luck.

overflow1972:

for your graphics card, can you please tell me what the device ID and Vendor ID is, it is in system profiler

as for the boot strings I do not know but if they do they will be at the very bottom of their info.plist files. before the last two lines.

are you able to install retail leopard? and if so you are only having trouble with QE. but the display shows up fine?

boot your disc in verbose mode (-v) and copy down what it says in relating to your current video kexts.

edit: what did you add to your info.plist files

also you if retail is working delete all the data from your backup video folder as this can cause conflicts.

SUCCESS! GMA950 successfully works starting install.... Will post modified files needed to start the graphics driver later!

Turns out I was right with my wild shot in the dark - Natit + GMA950 + Listed connected kexts near the bottom of AppleIntelGMA950.kext's plist

-Natit download from http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.php/Natit

-AppleIntelGMA950.kext (link pending)

-IOGraphicsFamily.kext (link pending)

-IONDRVSupport.kext (link Pending)

-IOPCIFamily.kext (link pending)

+Kexts from generic.iso download from http://www.mediafire.com/?1ne1zbl4znv (thank you whoever made this pm me for credit)

@noob766:

the data for my graphic card are :

vendor : 10de

product id : 0611

This card is a Nvidia 8800GT with 512MB. My installation of the retail DVD is ok and the graphics is ok (1024x768) so I can not change resolution and QE/CI are disabled.

Before to install the retail DVD I had Leo4All V3 10.5.2 with :

-nvinject for 512MB cards

and I added 061110de to the info.plist inside the following kexts:

- geforce.kext

- nvdanv50.kext

- nvdaresman.kext

Doing that my graphic card was perfectly running at 1280x1024 with QE/CI fully working.

P.S. What is IOGraphicsFamily.kext used for ? I haven'it in my boot cd

Thanks

hi guys! I'm trying to use boot123 on my ACER ASPIRE ONE with the generic iso but it hungs just when it starts to load the initrd.img. On my first laptop all works fine but on the acer i can't find a reason why it hungs.

I tryed different syslinux but nothing...

Please help me, thanks, bye

@noob766 : thanks a lot for your reply.

@llauqsd:

thanks for your reply too. I do not know if the info.plist for nvinject or nvkush on my cd has the these string inside. This evening I will add them and I'll try. Do you know if:

1) geforce.kext

2) nvdanv50.kext

3) nvdaresman.kext

installed on the pc from the retail DVD has already these strings inside ?

Thanks

your kext info.plist files most likely do NOT have the needed strings. Make sure to add them to every kext in the /extra/extensions folder. If even a single one is missing the string it can cause failure.

I am making a guide at the moment if anyone wants a part in it please pm me as I will need help for specific errors.

overflow1972:

IOGraphicsFamily.kext is a requirement for my specific graphics driver.

as for your kexts the fact that you have emulation but no resolution changes and QE disabled from what I have heard results from the graphics drivers not knowing how to handle your card, this can result from

-missing kexts

-kexts missing the boot string

-kexts that are/aren't supposed to have your card ID's added that don't

-Incorrect kext emulating the graphics driver

download galaxy's boot maker - http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?wearv3wljyk

-this auto adds the boot string to your kexts

"USE CD-RW'S and save $40"

~pcwiz's osx86 tools

just use that to install chameleon, and then replace the boot file in the root of your install partition with the dfe boot file. The one thing that bothers me about this is that there is no way that i can figure out to get a countdown or automatic load of leopard, i always have to press enter for it to continue. If anyone knows a way past this please let me know!

Add a Timeout in the com.apple.Boot.plist. :unsure:

nice tools, didn't noticed them

so, and what about the kexts i have in the usb stick bootloader? do i have to put them elsewhere?

If you want to install it to the HDD, you'll need to copy your Extra folder to the root of the drive (so it's location is: /Extra/Extensions/), along with the boot file from the DFE bootloader.

Here are the 3 files in the complete Leopard installation that I have modified. Again, the boot.plist file does not include the hex string for Video card. Please let me know if any one needs that.

It only includes the Audio string for Realtek ALC889A.

Boxer let me know if this works for you.

Note: Please make a backup of your extensions folder and your boot.plist file. After you place the files in the appropriate locations ... REMEMBER to go to DISK Utility to repair disk permissions (It never hurts to do that)

~~

Thanks Newmacky this worked for me I now have sound at last

Hello everybody.

I try to boot with the generic.iso or the original.iso with the same problem:

After the computer boot with the cd, in the screen appears for one second:

System config file ' /com.apple.boot.S/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist' not found.

Screen changes and i can boot the dvd retail without problems but the computer freezes in a few minutes (everytime in a different step).

Any idea?

Thanks and sorry for my english.

are you leaving the boot cd in afterwards, and typing 80 or 81 to identify your boot drive after the install and when its trying to boot? if you don't type 80 or 81 at the boot cd prompt you're gonna get that error.

can you use boot-132 to load apple.com.boot.plist from cd/usb? i have searched all over the place but i have not found a definite answer, maybe because there is not definite answer but if someone found out how, please share.

arghhh so close. All I am missing is the keyboard driver and sound now.

does anyone know which kexts are used for a keyboard and touchpad on a laptop?

edit: added my old ps2 kext, still no keyboard or mouse, aparently i have a conflict, searching forums for an answer.

just had an epiphany, it might not be my ps2 kext but rather my smbios, but i'm not touching that without some guidance :o

Add a Timeout in the com.apple.Boot.plist. ;)

If you want to install it to the HDD, you'll need to copy your Extra folder to the root of the drive (so it's location is: /Extra/Extensions/), along with the boot file from the DFE bootloader.

This doesn't seem to work when installed on the hard drive using chameleon as the stage 1 bootloader. I have a timeout in com.apple.boot.plist, unless i need to copy it to a different location for this method? It works with chameleon by itself and pc-efi, so i can't seem to understand if i'm doing something wrong, or it's just the default functionality of the dfe bootloader at this time.

are you leaving the boot cd in afterwards, and typing 80 or 81 to identify your boot drive after the install and when its trying to boot? if you don't type 80 or 81 at the boot cd prompt you're gonna get that error.

no, i meant so i could have a 100% vanilla install, that i could put my efi strings in the boot.plist file on the usb boot132 so i would not have to edit the boot.plist on my hard drive

Hi everybody, I have tried to read about this boot loader, but some questions remain!

So the idea of this bootloader is to load some kexts before entering the main OS? If so, how is it any better than the situation now if I just do a vanilla install and add the dsmos.kext, applecpumdisabler.kext and nvkush.kext? None of these kexts will be overwritten in future updates, so the system should remain bootable through software updates. Would the boot-132 give me any edge over this kind of install?

Thanks Newmacky this worked for me I now have sound at last

I am glad it worked !!

~~

well no luck

i am pretty sure i did it right as alcinject shows in the extensions folder and i see the backup folder in the root.

here is what i did

i opened terminal ran the above commands for AppleHDA.kext as well as alcinject.kext then repaired disk permission using disk utility added the plist to the library/prefs/systemconfig

are you running the f12 bios ?

also about this mac audio shows exactly this

Intel High Definition Audio

device id: 0x1458A002

audio id: 12

available devices:

Nope I have rev 2.1 Bios F2

Dunno why it is not working in your case ... in addition in Bios I have following setting .. see if urs is same ... I am sure it has nothing to do with Audio ...

Legacy USB: Disabled

USB Keyboard Support: Enabled

USB Mouse Support: Enabled

The Power setting is at S3

~~