EFiX: OSx86 gone commercial?

723 posts in this topic

Disappointing that nobody is answering any questions regarding the release date. Netkas, where are you all of the sudden? Surely you are keeping up with this thread, why don't you hit the reply button?

Yeah they should at least say HEY ITS DELAYED TILL BLANK SORRY! Or give us a price, or some more info. Instead we get a broken website and no contact.

This is Psystar all over again!

Disappointing that nobody is answering any questions regarding the release date. Netkas, where are you all of the sudden? Surely you are keeping up with this thread, why don't you hit the reply button?

Perhaps Netkas has already divulged all the info he's allowed to at this point? Just because they sent him one to review doesn't necessarily mean they gave him free reign to discuss specifics.

who cares at this point. it's cool it's in the works. why get all worked up. NO RELEASE DATE, NO PRICING, hell the website aint even finished. what is wrong with the hackintosh you got right now? now im suppose to uninstall a perfectly working os just cause some stick comes out? Id rather stick with Kalyway, it's free, works great, and apple can't do a damn thing to stop it.

Absolutely Medafor hell does it matter if it comes out today or 6 months today Kalyways is free and just as easy and leo4all too just as easy

mean do you people really care that much about it personally its a joke

I think medafor is right. What is wrong with what we have? It works so what is the problem. The updates give us a nice challenge to install, and makes me unbored.

iPoco

yep exactly why does anyone really need to spend the money on this device it only make installing easier but how easier can it be compared to kalyways leo4all`s or jas`s dvds hell they said you could install on a regular pc well im sorry thats {censored} {censored} a regular pc is something you buy off the shelf not hand picked parts from a hardware list go figure someone is conning someone

i mainly care about the nice boot loader they have unlike just a darwin screen. yeah true we got kalyway and all that, and its more funner. So lets enjoy kalyway and all these different installs before they might soon be done.

I still have problems with shutdown and restart, that isn't fixed by all the patches i tried. I have to re-configure all the bios setting after each glitch shutdown. So this thing looks like a cure for me for now.

Also there is some minor problems with stability of my kalyway-based hackint0sh like dvd-rw hangs and turning off monitor after boot (sometimes). Now i'm too lazy to search or ask forums how to fix that. I believe that efix can make them disappear so this is why I want it also.

Well... I think that we are part of the Apple's bussiness.

Let me explain:

We are, in general, advanced computer users who understand their machines (PC's or Macs). Apple let us taste their operating system. As computer pros we see the adventages of Mac OS X, of course, running in our PC's. We feel so happy until the next Mac OS update or by the fact that lots of PCI cards doesn't run under Hackintosh.

I've been working with Macintosh for 10 years. I am a PC user since 1988 (my first Tandom!). My first approach to OSX86 was with Panther, and now, when I had to buy a laptop, my choose was a Macbook PRO 17" (1920x1200). Same price as any other highend laptop (like Sony) but with 3 usb ports, 1 firewire 400 and 1 firewire 800 (for audio producing it's cool!). And, of course, no VISTA at all!!

If you get in love with MacOS X, sooner or later, you will buy an original Apple Computer. No more hacks, no more worries, and of course much more stability.

If MacOS X is still hackeable is because Apple get an indirect profit from this. It's too easy to stop the hacking!!!

Anyway, I'm here and I will try the next HackOS in my PC. I get fun with this!

The EFiX is as well a good thing for Apple... It means more computers running their OS so more future Apple owners!!!

The EFIX Team updates they web, 2 new versions of EFIX, one with Sound and Bluetooth and other what they calls EFIX IC (?), Update in "where to buy", but still without price and dealers data. also they quit the manuals and support part.

The site is being updated as we speak, there is now an HCL link etc...

Edit---

It's officially not available in the US.

Not available Yet,but i guess their is still other ways for us to get, man why won't they pt up the price

When I saw "the best solution to run OS 10 on a PC" suports only Gigabyte motherboards, with the majority of Gbyte mobos themselves still in "testing" I kind of ROFL-ed. The page about points of sale are filled with remarks which are ridiculing and mocking their own potential customers. What a bunch of morons...

Currently you can only buy it if you live in Taiwan. {censored}-eh!

Not that I'm probably going to buy it anyway. I already install from a retail disc and it works just fine with all my hardware. The boot menu would be nice, but not that nice. The F10 button works just fine for now.

When I saw "the best solution to run OS 10 on a PC" suports only Gigabyte motherboards, with the majority of Gbyte mobos themselves still in "testing" I kind of ROFL-ed.

I found it also odd. For a long time here Intel motherboards were considered the most compatible, first the D945GNT and then the Bad Axe 1 and 2. Now why only Gigabyte? Are we supposed to buy a new mobo?

I found it also odd. For a long time here Intel motherboards were considered the most compatible, first the D945GNT and then the Bad Axe 1 and 2. Now why only Gigabyte? Are we supposed to buy a new mobo?

Well, most new Gygabyte boards are 100% compatible. For example my G33M-DS2R:

- IEEE1394a port - Works (No patching necessary)

- Realtek RTL8111B LAN Controller - Works (although patching is still necessary in order to get Bonjour working)

- Realtek ALC889A 8 Channel Audio Codec (pathched AppleHDA.kext is necessary)

- Integrated Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 3100 (Intel GMA 3100) - does not work, not an issue as you can plug a cheap Nvidia 7300 or ATI HD2600 card

Even HDD hot plugging is working on my retail DVD install. As far as I understand everything will work automatically without patching with Efi-X solution. I guess you will be able to get it it in the US if using international retailer.

Ok so if your motherboard has the same chipset as the Gigabyte boards than you should be fine. Like the Bad Axe 2 should work or alot of intel, asus, and many others

what motherboard do you have Netkas?