Complete Updates for Newbies and All -- Currently 10.5.5 Combo (Only Intel CPUs)

2,152 posts in this topic

Hi, I have a Toshiba Satellite A250-S5825:

http://reviews.cnet.com/laptops/toshiba-sa...?tag=mncol;psum

Devices.zip

All of the devices listed on my device manager are in the attachment.

When I first installed Kalyway, I installed the both of the Vanilla Kernels, SSE2_System, no video drivers(none of them worked), Azalia_out, the realtek driver, and mbr bootloader.

It only worked in safe mode, so I installed the combo update with the following options selected:

• 9.4.0 StageXNU
  • Intel: ICHx non-AHCI
  • Intel
  • HDA
  • Just Restore
  • SMBIOS: Macbook
  • USB 2.0 Controller Fix
  • PS/2 - Battery Meter
  • DSMOS Script Fix

Almost everything worked. The only non-working things are:

• Card reader
  • Wireless network adapter
  • Headphone/Microphone/Volume controll on the front
  • Battery meter

Also, whenever I install Kalyway, it seems to delete everything in my System32 folder and somehow mess up my installation of Ubuntu. I have vista if this helps.

If there are any kernals to install, other options to select, etc. please tell me. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for this one..

This should be the first thing that pops up when a N00b like me comes here. This saves tears and blood.

Kari :help:

P.s .... made update as you explained here, and it worked from 10.5.2 to 10.5.5. Even Nvidia memory settings went ok.

Only thing what i had to was change keyboard from P/S to USB.

Thank you.

I have solved my issue simply updating with the DELTA update. Dunno why the combo wasn't working but great that now I'm now running the 10.5.5.

Thank you all. I got my dell 6400 updated with 10.5.5, any thing cool in the newest update? Can I use the combo patch to update to 10.5.6? Thanx

i everyone...i'm looking the best way to update to 10.5.6...

for me this one is the best (worked perfectly upgrading from 10.5.4 to 10.5.5) but my question is: it's going to work with 10.5.6??? anyone has tried it???? because my system is working amazing and i don't want to start a clean installation again! jeje

thanks in advance and sorry for my english!

i everyone...i'm looking the best way to update to 10.5.6...

for me this one is the best (worked perfectly upgrading from 10.5.4 to 10.5.5) but my question is: it's going to work with 10.5.6??? anyone has tried it???? because my system is working amazing and i don't want to start a clean installation again! jeje

thanks in advance and sorry for my english!

If you have external hard disk, try on it first. If the update work fine then you can apply the update on your main OS X. But be warned, 10.5.6 may cause you problem. For more information go to this URL: http://netkas.org/?page_id=26

Mysticus, you ROCK. This is the only way I've been able to update my Shuttle K48 to 10.5.5, but now they released 10.5.6...bastards

Mysticus, you ROCK. This is the only way I've been able to update my Shuttle K48 to 10.5.5, but now they released 10.5.6...bastards

it should work for the 10.5.6 as well, without the prep stage... (pre stage is to get certain disabler drivers to load now if you did this already in previous update you dont need i againi)

official update, no restart, post patch (without the post script fix :D which is permanent there so you will need to get rid of it first bcoz it is not necessary and only for 10.5.5 update....) so experienced users can right click on the package/show package contents and, apply each invididual packages they need except the post fix, i may make another package with post fix removed, but during the weekend probably...

read above carefully, so you dont brick anything...

it should work for the 10.5.6 as well, without the prep stage... (pre stage is to get certain disabler drivers to load now if you did this already in previous update you dont need i againi)

official update, no restart, post patch (without the post script fix :) which is permanent there so you will need to get rid of it first bcoz it is not necessary and only for 10.5.5 update....) so experienced users can right click on the package/show package contents and, apply each invididual packages they need except the post fix, i may make another package with post fix removed, but during the weekend probably...

Hi mate.

Thnx for the fast answer.

I´ll do a test partition to test this method you told. But a little point got me confused... how to get rid of the post fix ?? I´d like to try this different method so I can learn more about the way things work.

For sure in my working partition, I´ll use the file you told you´ll release when it´s ready. But as a learning process I´d like to do this way. If doesn´t bother you teach me, I´d appreciate your time and knowledge.

[]´s

official update, no restart, post patch (without the post script fix :) which is permanent there so you will need to get rid of it first bcoz it is not necessary and only for 10.5.5 update....) so experienced users can right click on the package/show package contents and, apply each invididual packages they need except the post fix, i may make another package with post fix removed, but during the weekend probably...

Respect

Waiting for the updated package

Hi all.

Mysticus, my second try failed too. Installation goes fine, post patch - w/o DSMOS fix - goes fine too, although after all, the system doesn´t restart and when I press the reset button, system starts, then restart and get to boot screen, loads mouse and a black screen shows and stops there. :D

I´ll keep trying but I´ll be much better when your patches comes out. ;)

Thnx for the answer explaining the way to try the post patch.

[]´s

hi,

i wanted to update, but when my Samsung NC 10 rebooafter the update there is yellow text :

Failed to load extension com.orByte.driver.PCGenUSBEHCI

AppleIntelPIIXPATA: Secondary PCI IDE channel is disabled

I think i have to remive the ehci driver but how can i do this?

Or must i reinstall my OSX?

thank you

Well it's done. I've 10.5.6. First i've installed voodoo kernel v1.0 ( in 10.5.5 it rock's, in 10.5.6 i'm not convinced yet.)

If not even after 10.5.5 installation i get the usual "don't steel macOs stuff". After i've let the software update from apple. Then with another clone (because i've not keyboard responding) i've use Mysticus PS2 fix to get my keyboard again. Then i've installed manually my audio. Last thing i've installed seatbelt.kext 10.5.5 because voodoo crashes when mounting images in 10.5.6.

Sometimes i get kernel panic when booting with no flags. But it's not all the times

I will keep testing. However so far i like most 10.5.5

Not the place to report it but my Mac Mini with its PowerPC processor runs faster after 10.5.6 - but things occasionally freeze up, even when not maxing out the 1gig of memory. I might try a clean install. Looking forward to Mysticus C*'s next package for OSX86 :) though I supsect he is having way too much fun with his excellent Samsung NC10 netbook :(

Can confirm that updating to 10.5.6 using post patches works here.

I did get a black screen on first reboot . . but booting into "Safe Mode", repairing permissions and a reinstall of custom drivers worked.

(Audio, 9800 GFX and Realtek Wifi adapter)

I ran the post patch installers individually - but I think I forgot to run the "Network" one . . .so just had to reinstall that.

Anyway - all is well.