Complete Updates for Newbies and All -- Currently 10.5.5 Combo (Only Intel CPUs)

2,152 posts in this topic

Not the place to report it but my Mac Mini with its PowerPC processor runs faster after 10.5.6 - but things occasionally freeze up, even when not maxing out the 1gig of memory. I might try a clean install. Looking forward to Mysticus C*'s next package for OSX86 :( though I supsect he is having way too much fun with his excellent Samsung NC10 netbook :D

well you never know, what is around the corner... :P

but i ve been busy with all the things related to nc10 :(

now have enough knowledge to make an 10.5.6 dvd within 1 day if i have all the files :( you never know :(

Mysticus 10.5.6 edition :( with the latest drivers/patches :)

But doing one dvd is quite easy, supporting it is not as easy! Only one person cant handle all the questions :)

that is what scares me the most...

Mysticus 10.5.6 edition :) with the latest drivers/patches ;)

it will be awesome!

But doing one dvd is not quite easy, supporting it, is not as easy! Only one person cant handle all the questions :)

that is what scares me the most...

it's true indeed specialy with all the newbies (me included of course) all around :D

Hi, I did these steps, and finally I got this problem (see picture). My comp. stop at that line.

Im using GA-EP45-UD3R (ICH10), C2D8400, Kalyway 10.5.2 > 10.5.3 (kalyway combo update) > 10.5.4 > and 10.5.5 (this way) :D

Please help me!

Thanks

post-335290-1229989384_thumb.jpg

everyone who wants a dvd (only intel cpus for the moment):

provide your drivers and details

+ custom driver you use

+ details :(eg network: marvel xyz card, audio abc hd audio- etc... only custom ones should be provided, and the information)

+ download link to your custom driver (dont attach it, upload it to mediafire.com and post the link) if you dont know what drivers you are using, provide above information at least! (anyone who has i have acer, sony, msi laptop as detail, will be seriously ignored, or insulted big time)

if you dont understand anything i said above, do not bother writing a post!!!

again: if you dont understand dont write! also do not write as my specs are sony vaio laptop, hp desktop...

if people provide accurate information, and right files, making the dvd is 1 day job... (in fact i already have one 10.5.6 custom dvd made for samsung nc10 netbooks :) ) all needs to be added is custom drivers for problematic systems...

again, if people provide the right info and files i can make a good dvd :)

10.5.6 dvd...

using kalyway 10.5.2 I selected these options and only these options..

Kernel 9.2.2 modin

AC97 Audio

Nvidia Nvinject - 512

All mobo chipsets as recomended which include..

AppleNForceATA

AppleOnboardPCATA

AppleVIAATA

AppleGenericPCATA

SiliconImage3132

Then proceeded to update to 10.5.5 using your prep and post patch with these options..

Chipset Just Restore

9.4.0 StageXNU

Auio Just Restore

Nvidia Nvinject - 512

Network Just Restore

MacPro SMBIOS

APPLEACPI OLD

I think you should also note that after I have installed my system, I still have to use this network driver for Intel Pro 10/100 found @ http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?0nyzmz0jirz

Sorry I am not able to provide any other drivers, but all the drivers that I need are already on you post patch for 10.5.5. Any other info that you need about my setup should be in my sig, if you have anymore questions just let me know.

Thanks!

Hey guys,

so could anyone here tell me where I can get those pre- and postupdate patches?

On the Bike Town page there is no link to something like the patch...

Am I too stupid to find the patches, or are they not there anymore?

Go to Bike Town Update tab and towards bottom of the page....... :)

OK I'm sorry about this but I can't find the patch on the BIKE TOWN website... Where can I download them?

They are offline at present........I guess they are being updated by Mysticus C*....... :blink:

Does anyone know what causes the "Still waiting for root device" issue when updating to 10.5.5? I've attempted to install 10.5.5 on my Dell Optiplex 745 in various ways, using iAtkos5i and other 10.5.5 distros and also by attempting the combo update procedures outlined here and in other posts to go from 10.5.2 to 10.5.5, but in each case, the subsequent reboot results in the failure to find the root volume. On the combo update I also received a "failed to load extension com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPCI" message as well, but don't know if this is related. I couldn't do a base 10.5.4 install either, resulting in the same problem. I'm starting to think the Optiplex 745 is a dead end for 10.5.5. It works great with 10.5.2 using any distro, Natit x1300, Azailia Audio and the Intel ethernet card I put in, with the exception of sleep which seems to partially sleep but leave the display frozen and system power on.

Specs:

Intel Core2 2.13 Ghz

1 GB ram

Intel chipset

All sata drives, no IDE

ATI x1300

Does anyone know what causes the "Still waiting for root device" issue when updating to 10.5.5? I've attempted to install 10.5.5 on my Dell Optiplex 745 in various ways, using iAtkos5i and other 10.5.5 distros and also by attempting the combo update procedures outlined here and in other posts to go from 10.5.2 to 10.5.5, but in each case, the subsequent reboot results in the failure to find the root volume. On the combo update I also received a "failed to load extension com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPCI" message as well, but don't know if this is related. I couldn't do a base 10.5.4 install either, resulting in the same problem. I'm starting to think the Optiplex 745 is a dead end for 10.5.5. It works great with 10.5.2 using any distro, Natit x1300, Azailia Audio and the Intel ethernet card I put in, with the exception of sleep which seems to partially sleep but leave the display frozen and system power on.

Specs:

Intel Core2 2.13 Ghz

1 GB ram

Intel chipset

All sata drives, no IDE

ATI x1300

It can't detect or recognized your SATA controller. Please try AppleIntelPIIXATA.kext from this topic:-

AppleIntelPIIXATA kext fully working for all ICHx Mobo

It will difficult to install this kext unless you use a program called MacDrive. It is a windows program that let you to access Mac partition/harddisk in windows.

Another way is to install 10.5.2, then backup your AppleIntelPIIXATA.kext, then update to 10.5.5, don't restart when it ask you to restart so that way you can restore back your AppleIntelPIIXATA.kext & after that you can restart.

kizwan

I don't get it. Are we talking about http://mysticus.titanous.com/update.html ?

Are the pre- and post- install patches gone forever?

For now go to either of my two topics to obtain what you seek....... :P

It can't detect or recognized your SATA controller. Please try AppleIntelPIIXATA.kext from this topic:-

AppleIntelPIIXATA kext fully working for all ICHx Mobo

It will difficult to install this kext unless you use a program called MacDrive. It is a windows program that let you to access Mac partition/harddisk in windows.

Another way is to install 10.5.2, then backup your AppleIntelPIIXATA.kext, then update to 10.5.5, don't restart when it ask you to restart so that way you can restore back your AppleIntelPIIXATA.kext & after that you can restart.

kizwan

Thanks for the tip! I suspected a SATA issue. Following your lead I figured another solution was to create a small 2nd partition to hold ICHx ATA kext and my 10.5.2 version, but in the end I didn't need it. Now that I knew what was necessary I found the iAtkos and XxX 10.5.5 distributions both had the ICHx SATA option and simply selecting this at install time worked.

Update News: I will make an 10.5.6 updater package, but for a week or so, i will be busy, so it will be a slow process, if you are in urgent needs and dying to update to 10.5.6, there are many guides, and solutions out there, also dvd project at the moment suspended as i ve seen pcwiz made one huge release, i would not like to interfere with it... :dev: it should already satisfy most if not all of you...

however if what you want is just update path, you can either read around and do it yourself, or wait patiently for combo updater package 10.5.6 version 1.0 ...

On the other hand, i may do one dvd for Nforce owners for easy installation with consideration of the troubles in nforce chipsets...

why cant i find the 10.5.5 patch anywhere? I just installed kalyway 10.5.2 and desperately need to update to make sure everything works before i waste my time personalizing everything.

See post #2042...... :D

huh??? the most i see is 2002. i have a new macbook and want the same or at least 10.5.5 on my HackMini. kalyways 10.5.2 installed perfectly, now just gotta update it

Your own post is #2047!....... :D

Hi Mysticus and Verdant.

Well I´m writting to you because I need a little help with my system. My system is very unstable and I don´t know why it happens.

I know that are a few logs we can enable to check what happens but I don´t know where to enable this. I know you two are very busy people, but I believe you´re the one can help me. As I use only the files provided by Mysticus, I believe it would be easier to know what are the contents of it, so there´s nothing changed to make OS X working.

Just to tell what´s happening for example, when I use Toast to burn a CD or DVD, sometimes system freezes and shows up that grey screen telling to push the power button down for a few seconds or press restart button. Or sometimes my system just freeze and I have to restart it.

By now, I´m only asking you to tell me how to enable system log files so I can´t provide proper information about what´s happening to my system so you could analyze it and tell what to do.

Thanx in advance for your attention and knowledge.

[]´s

For now go to either of my two topics to obtain what you seek....... :)

Well let me start off by saying, i know how to read post counts :)

i looked in both your topics (http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=132462, http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=127212), and i see no mention of pre or post update patches, assistance would be appreciated, i really need to update my 10.5.1 Macbook Pro (dell vostro 1400 ;) )

Well let me start off by saying, i know how to read post counts :dev:

i looked in both your topics (http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=132462, http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=127212), and i see no mention of pre or post update patches, assistance would be appreciated, i really need to update my 10.5.1 Macbook Pro (dell vostro 1400 :lol: )

Come on people! if you really READ the second topic you should find this:

UPDATE: The Mysticus C* nForce Drivers Installer v1.2 and 10.5.5 Combo Update Patches v1.2.0 are BOTH now available here

i don't really know how he could make it more clear. :gun: