Complete Updates for Newbies and All -- Currently 10.5.5 Combo (Only Intel CPUs)

2,152 posts in this topic

Its up to you Mysticus, I can't even boot into 10.5.6 because of some weird error: [HCIController][configurePM]: power parent ready after 1 tries.

I would rather wait for the 10.5.7 update while I try to solve this issue. Or which ever is easier for you.

**** THIS DID NOT WORK *****

**** PLEASE DO NOT USE *****

Mysticus: Wellcome back. I hope you feel better...

I found this in another tread I will try in my 2nd install and report back:

"I had no trouble updating from kalyway 10.5.1 to 10.5.6 using the combo update and the netkas method, worked great for me doing the following steps:

back up your extensions/data

Install pc-efi 9 very reliable boot loader from http://######.com/index.php?option=...0&Itemid=48 open tools folder install bootloader.pkg. Ignore the dsdt stuff.

1. open directory utility enable root user from menu. set password.

2. open terminal type sudo su. enter password

3. in terminal typed without quotes. Enter.

"while sleep 1 ; do rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext ; done"

4.mount 10.5.6 combo, install while monitoring for appleintelcpupowermanagement.kext in extensions folder. Should appear and get deleted super fast. do not restart!

5. right click /System/InstallAtStartup folder. Get info. at bottom click lock and enter password. change permissions for everyone to read/write. Repeat step for folder /System/InstallAtStartup/scripts and for file /System/InstallAtStartup/scripts/1

6. Open 1 file in text edit. Find there Dont Steal Mac OS X.kext and replace with this dsmos.kext. save file.

7. if u have nvidia card move to trash all ati* and appleintelgma* kexts to trash.

8. Install voodoo kernel 9.5 with their setup package. http://code.google.com/p/xnu-dev/ only if u know you cannot use vanilla kernels on your hardware.

9. restart!

This worked great for me and i have tested it several times."

Hey guys, I started working on the Combo Update Patches to enable most of you update to latest release with the least trouble (i can never guarantee it will be 100% trouble-free as it is not under my control)

From Now On: I am moving my Update and Samsung NC10 topics to my OWN forum as Bike Town for easy management...

I am starting my own forum as a supplimentary to Insanelymac and not as alternative as Insanelymac is the ULTIMATE source....

Insanelymac is the ultimate source, however it is hard to control your own topic for specific subjects... Therefor I needed to tidy up/control my UPDATE subjects and Samsung NC10 project all from my own source. This will help me organize the subject matters, and moderation of the subject.

Forum is devived into sub-topics, and (may be) will be devided into more specific ones later...

I will post here still to update people about new information....

Cheers...

(Note: I just started it, and not much stuff there yet, but will be added shortly...)

Update News:

I am 80% done... and it will be quite massive as I collected many drivers from PCWIZ's iPC dvd source... thanx to pcwiz he collected massive amount of drivers in the dvd... and i m going to use them.... the driver source is massive so the Update patch size... I am guessing it will be around 200-300 mb in size :) covering majority of people I hope....

Fingers Crossed...

Cheers...

Update News:

I am 80% done... and it will be quite massive as I collected many drivers from PCWIZ's iPC dvd source... thanx to pcwiz he collected massive amount of drivers in the dvd... and i m going to use them.... the driver source is massive so the Update patch size... I am guessing it will be around 200-300 mb in size B) covering majority of people I hope....

Fingers Crossed...

Cheers...

That is good rapid progress........ :(

Update News:

Combo Update Patches for 10.5.6 is 99.9% finished, however just small details left (nforce specific patches, and couple of laptop gfx drivers)... most likely i will make it ready by tomorrow...

Here are some screen caps, for people to check and make final requests... if any...

ScreenCap 1

ScreenCap 2

ScreenCap 3

ScreenCap 4

ScreenCap 5

(Note: Majority of the thanx goes to pcwiz for collecting such a massive driver base)

What is coming next?

+ PreUpdate Patch (This is required to disable/prevent certain drivers from loading so that these naughty drivers do not cause trouble upon restart!) Restart Required after this step to ensure drivers are loaded!

+ PostUpdate Patch (This is basicaly restoring/installing your messed up drivers, so that upon restart your devices still work as usual... This also includes DSMOS startup fix just incase... But it is hidden and not choosable by user, it is a kind of auto-check script to see if the update script present, it will replace it with fixed one...)

Dont forget:

I will add my files and information to my new forum (supplemantary to Insanelymac) due to moderation and control of the subject reasons...

New Forum Here

10.5.6 combo update patches is done and being uploaded right now...

more details will be on the new forum...

cheers...

Note:

1x Premium RS link (1 piece zip)

2x Free RS links (2 piece rar)

1x Free MU link (1 piece zip)

all available now...

cheers...

Treat this as test, until you are sure it is 100% working... So back up your important stuff before you apply update...

Dont Forget To Give FeedBack so i can fix any anomalies...

Note: permissionfix.pkg was missing from patches folder under Post patch... please download the permissionfix.pkg from combo folder, and add it to patches...

good luck and sorry for the inconvenience...

1- Pre Patch:

....................Pre Patch.pkg

2- Post Patch:

....................10.5.6 -Post- Combo Update Patches - v1.0.pkg

....................patches/permissionfix.pkg

Note: permissionfix.pkg was missing from patches folder under Post patch... please download the permissionfix.pkg from combo folder, and add it to patches...

1- Pre Patch:

2- Post Patch:

Hi Mysticus.

It´s been a long time.

I´m glad you´re back to help people with nForce chipset mobos.

God knows how I missed your impressive work. If wasn´t for verdant´s help I wouldn´t know what to do.

Waiting on your 10.5.7 Updater. I know you´ll rock with this one too.

Cheers.

1- Pre Patch:

2- Post Patch:

Well, I tried it, lucky I wasn't dumb this time and created a second partition names OSX Tizzest (That's rap for "TEST" lol). So, here goes:

Install is the Kalyway 10.5.2 dvd with nforce kernel, everything else is stock, no patches needed. I ran the pre patch.pkg, restarted, fine. Downloaded the 10.5.6 combo update from apple, ran it, CRASH, got the faded grey/ black restart screen, haven't tried it again so far, this is on an MSI P6N SLI PLATINUM mobo with the modded bios. Any ideas??

EDIT: I did restart one more time with -v and noticed that it boot looped at the DSMOS script! Which is what I assume stopped the update originally.

I tried to follow the guid to update my os x from 10.5.4(iatkos4i) to 10.5.5

But I can not see any Pre Update or Post Update patch from BIKE TOWN

The only thing I can see in that website is the file for SAMSUNG NC 10 ONLY(10.5.6)

Is that the right file?

or Can I just update from 10.5.4 to 10.5.6

I tried to follow the guid to update my os x from 10.5.4(iatkos4i) to 10.5.5

But I can not see any Pre Update or Post Update patch from BIKE TOWN

The only thing I can see in that website is the file for SAMSUNG NC 10 ONLY(10.5.6)

Is that the right file?

or Can I just update from 10.5.4 to 10.5.6

NEW FORUM

• 1 month later...
any news on a 10.5.7 update package?

also his site is down atm :)

it is down from the main hoster, either they are going bust, or they are totaly moving their hosting site physicaly to somewhere else.... now i m in the process of moving to complete better place of our own...

it will be here

• 2 weeks later...

the link to bike town doesn't work man..

sorry for being a total noob but will this work on my compaq presario v6000, i don't even know its specs..

i totally need your help please..

someone told me that my lan is integrated 10/100 ethernet. the problem is i can't get connected to the internet because the built-in ethernet has a no show in my network preference, how can i make it work?

your help is very much appreciated, thanks..

sorry for being a total noob but will this work on my compaq presario v6000, i don't even know its specs..

someone told me that my lan is integrated 10/100 ethernet. the problem is i can't get connected to the internet because the built-in ethernet has a no show in my network preference, how can i make it work?

You will have to get the device ID of the network card, and search for either a KEXT, or look for a script that will inject it into the IO8122Family.KEXT.

I had to do this for my Broadcom 57xx NetXtreme card yesterday and got it to work.

check two posts above your post, new forum link, is there, and it is up n running for a while now, no more outage hopefully...

• 3 weeks later...

Hi folks I did everything as mentioned here after 2nd reboot I get Kernel Panic:

ethernet: family specific matching fails.

I went into MacDrive checked the Info.plist of my Intel8255x ethernet adaptor my vendor and device ID were listed there and yea it did work before. Any ideas?

Details: I have Intel CPU (Core 2 Duo) installed using the newer Vanilla kernel unchecked that option that supposed to uncheck if have Vanilla kernel checked necessary drivers in customization for the CPU checked Just Restore (wasn't sure if I had ADIC or something) ran the pre and post scripts correctly not sure what could have went wrong?

Maybe it's because I selcted the newer vanilla kernel 9.2.1 not 9.2.0???

If anyone can help me fix this I am willing to donate $5. Another $5 if they help me upgrade to 10.5.7. :)

edit:

okay the update failed miserably too many problems with USB now and some other {censored}, I managed to get to the blue screen but it freezes, USB devices are not responding, I tried everything I just want to go back to 10.5.2 how everything was perfect full qe/ci driver for everything I had, no need this stupid upgrades...

• 1 month later...

I know this has asked before. But here Goes. installed Kalyway 10.5.2, did the 10.5.3 combo update--install some other kexts, Oh, I am running a Dell Inspiron 1525 model PP29L. Was able to update to osx 10.5.4. Tried to install the 10.5.5 update, and the screen froze at login. not sure what I need to do, or what patches to put in place. Any suggestions would be of great help.

If you need any further information, then let me know.