Complete Updates for Newbies and All -- Currently 10.5.5 Combo (Only Intel CPUs)

2,152 posts in this topic

just found this thread, could you have a look my problem, MC?

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=137001

thanks,

basically is sleep issue after update 10.5.5.

i dont know what is a c500 laptop? and you seem to be noobish, POST1 states for asking help, you need to provide information!

you can try kernels/voodoo beta 2c + system func/usb 2.0 controller fix new

see if it helps... else i cant tell much...

sorry her is my Compaq Presario C500 deails:

# Intel Celeron M 430 + Intel 945GM chipset

# 2 G DDR2 667 Memory

# 80GB 5400rpm SATA Hard Drive

# 15.4" WXGA (1280x800) Widescreen LCD and Intel GMA 950 Graphics

# v.92 56Kbps Modem, 10/100 Ethernet and 802.11b/g Wireless

Because sleep mode was working in same stage, not after iATKOS v4i first installation, I think it's not hardware problem. All working like battery, wireless, except sleep.

When it's in "SLEEP", could not wake it up. Screen is black, sounds cpu fan is running. I have to hold press power button to turn off laptop, then restart(press power button) machine again.

I just want to compare two laptops(one has sleep mode working and other failed), pick up the different kext to copy cross. but which kext i need to look at?

BTW, how could i know what's version of kext?

thanks

sorry her is my Compaq Presario C500 deails:

# Intel Celeron M 430 + Intel 945GM chipset

# 2 G DDR2 667 Memory

# 80GB 5400rpm SATA Hard Drive

# 15.4" WXGA (1280x800) Widescreen LCD and Intel GMA 950 Graphics

# v.92 56Kbps Modem, 10/100 Ethernet and 802.11b/g Wireless

Because sleep mode was working in same stage, not after iATKOS v4i first installation, I think it's not hardware problem. All working like battery, wireless, except sleep.

When it's in "SLEEP", could not wake it up. Screen is black, sounds cpu fan is running. I have to hold press power button to turn off laptop, then restart(press power button) machine again.

I just want to compare two laptops(one has sleep mode working and other failed), pick up the different kext to copy cross. but which kext i need to look at?

BTW, how could i know what's version of kext?

thanks

/mach_kernel

/S/L/E/AppleACPI

/S/L/E/AppleAPIC

/S/L/E/IOUSBFamily (if you had usb issues before)

Ok, so I got 10.5.5 workin on my desktop, but can't for the life of me get it to work on my laptop. and i've tried several different options

I don't think my computer agrees with the 9.5 or 9.5.1 kernels.

I re-installed the 9.4 kernel from the 10.5.4 update and was able to get farther into the boot before the system locks up (no panic, just locks up, not looking for root, says longinwindow[23] starting but then nothing.) I am however able to boot up in safe mode (track pad only works sometimes in safe mode too for some reason)

with the 9.5.X kernels im getting an error about disk0s1: ictl, '31', '32' not compatable or something to that effect and that was after installing chameleon. pc-efi 8 wouldn't even get that far.

as in my sig, the laptop is a HP dv6835nr

Core 2 Duo T5550 1.83Ghz

Intel ICH8-M AHCI

WD 250Gb HD MBR

Intel GMA X3100

Using MacBook Smbios and Kalyway 10.5.2 updated to 10.5.4

any suggestions?

finally got around to updating today...

everything seems to be fine so far, thanks to  Mysticus C* instructions :)

however, i can't seem to go into "About this Mac" anymore, once i click it, it automatically logs me off, no error messages...

any ideas?

What should I choose for NC10?

For Samsung NC10, follow my new thread...

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=137314

I am almost done with the installer, just making my final adjustments and settings, so it will be ready in 1-2 days...

It will be quite easy and not to worry about options, as almost all the options will work on the NC10 installer... :(

Just be patient 1-2 days... It is working great right now,

+ Sleep working

+ Vanilla kernel usage

+ Sound working (with scripts u can enable the speaker/headphone switching)

+ Cam working

+ Memory card reader working

+ VGA working with mirror and everything

+ Keyb/touchpad - battery - PM working (but screen brightness not working)

- LAN + WIFI not working but thats known issue for many, I ordered one dell wifi card from ebay... so network will work as well, only LAN wont work, until someone write drivers for it...

Pretty much everything working... So the installer I make will make it one stop install to get em all working... :)

Hey. Even for a relative noob it worked great! I intend to send you a contribution!

A couple remaining issues: Logmein Free does not seem to work. Its icon stays greyed out and won't enable. Also, my cursor has a little additional line, at least here in Firefox 3 in this forum.

Any ideas/suggestions?

I will gladly send you any info you need to help with this.

Andy

Hey. Even for a relative noob it worked great! I intend to send you a contribution!

A couple remaining issues: Logmein Free does not seem to work. Its icon stays greyed out and won't enable. Also, my cursor has a little additional line, at least here in Firefox 3 in this forum.

Any ideas/suggestions?

I will gladly send you any info you need to help with this.

Andy

Info NEEDED:

your hardware specs...?

did you follow teh order of installation?

your options choosen for post update package?

your network working? your gfx card working qe/ci enabled?

Hi, I just installed 10.5.5 combo update on kalyway 10.5.1+ Kalyway 10.5.3 combo update. But no keyboard & mouse, both PS/2. everything else is working ok.

Tried to do something with ApplePS2Controller.kext, ACPIPS2Nub.kext but no success.

Asrcok Conroe1333d667 r2.0 with patched bios 1.80

1GB DDR2 667MHz

ASUS Gefroce8600GT 256MB gddr3

Seagate 200GB SATA

WesternDigital 80GB PATA

ASUS DVD-RW PATA

Thank you.

Hi, I just installed 10.5.5 combo update on kalyway 10.5.1+ Kalyway 10.5.3 combo update. But no keyboard & mouse, both PS/2. everything else is working ok.

Tried to do something with ApplePS2Controller.kext, ACPIPS2Nub.kext but no success.

Asrcok Conroe1333d667 r2.0 with patched bios 1.80

1GB DDR2 667MHz

ASUS Gefroce8600GT 256MB gddr3

Seagate 200GB SATA

WesternDigital 80GB PATA

ASUS DVD-RW PATA

Thank you.

test2 package in the ps2 fix, under system functions should fix it, unless you didnt selected it

Info NEEDED:

your hardware specs...?

Inspiron 530 Core2 Quad 2.5 GHz Bus speed: 1.33 GHz Boot ROM: MP11.005C.808

6G Ram

Vista 64 Home +Kalyway 10.5.3 + your awesome updage patches ALL DONE IN ORDER

ATI Radeon 2600 XT 256 MB

SATA DVD, 500G (osx)/750G (win)

LAN Generic (Tulip) Ethernet WORKING

Built in Intel 100Pro does not work despite published osx fixes

did you follow teh order of installation?

YES

Using your recommended kernel.

Otherwise, followed your instructions and mostly used same settings as original.

your network working?

YES

your gfx card working qe/ci enabled?

Working, qe shows 'Supported' for each display (dual display) and ci shows "Hardware Accelerated" for each display. Does that mean they're working?

Thanks!

Info NEEDED:

Using your recommended kernel.

Otherwise, followed your instructions and mostly used same settings as original.

Thanks!

what options have you chosen? i have not suggested anything as original!, i make suggestions to people for options to choose from if they tell me what their hardware are...

almost all options are hardware specific so you should have selected some options...

what are you referring as original?

also what is your chipset brand/model? intel ? nvidia? via? model

be specific with OPTIONS you selected

and CHIPSET --- BRAND and MODEL information

I had been running Kalyway 10.5.2 plus the Kalyway 10.5.3 update for quite some time, skipped 10.5.4 because I never saw an actually straight up modded update for it, only new full OS releases.

finally today I just decided I'd wipe and reinstall with one of the newer releases, so backed up a bunch of my {censored} to the second drive and headed here to do some research on what the latest releases were when I found this thread, and figured I'd give it a go.

I installed pretty much as instructed, erring towards the "restore old drivers" options when unsure, but now upon booting I find my PS2 ports are not responding, and that whenever I click About this Mac, it logs me out and boots me to the login screen.

The former I have a feeling is probably somehow related to the PS2 "fixes" that I for some reaosn left on defaults with both checked, but the latter leaves me clueless. Everything else seems to work fine so far.

Hardware is as follows:

P4 2.4Ghz

Dell mobo (ICHx based)

1.5GB DDR400 RAM

Nvidia Geforce 6600 256mb

Anyone have any idea how I could fix these problems, before I go and just wipe it and install the iAtkos 10.5.4 disc I have kicking around, or even going back to Kalyway?

No keyboard, no mouse :)

sorry to hear that, you can search the forums for more infor on ps/2 issues

or be clever and read the following (because ps2 issue will be always a headache for you)

if you are on desktop, just get yourself a ps/2 to usb converter jack (go google it u will find it... and it should be very cheap as well)

or, just ditch your ps/2 hardwares for USB ones it is already time to switch anyway :") and save countless hours of headache