Complete Updates for Newbies and All -- Currently 10.5.5 Combo (Only Intel CPUs)

2,152 posts in this topic

Just wanted to say thanks for the update details. I'm using a GA-P35-DS3R, installed with kalyway 10.5.1, updated to 10.5.2 via kaly as well and just updated to 10.5.5 using your method. All went well. Thanks again!

Hello Guys,

when I try to install the combo update after having used the preparation file it appear an error message like the one in the picture and it dose not let me update.. Any idea?

most likeley disk space issue... 1.8 gb will not be enough, when extracting the files in combo update (1+gb plus the update itself so it may be the reason? i m just speculating, else it doesnt make any sense for not letting you choose...

Unfortunatelly no much luck today that I tried to install on a bigger partition. Do you think that having my hard disk formatted in MBR can affect?

Hope you can help me finding the solutions. Many thanks in advance

dont what your problem really, and i dont wanna disable the check scripts and re do a patched combo update as well...

so you gotta figure it out your self, there is definetely something not right on your system...

:rolleyes:;) :censored2: :censored2: :censored2: :censored2:

Tried the combo update and now I have a bricked system

I did everything by the letter, Downloaded the three files, installed in order.

On running the Post Combo Update I was looking for the Customize button but it never appeared, also the tutorial say 'Do not press NEXT button too many times' I never saw a 'next' button I clicked on 'Continue' and never got to a customize screen so when the post combo update finished I had no choice but to restart the machine. Now all I get is the grey Apple screen with the revolving pinwheel which does not continue and there is no disk activity.

What a jip. It took me ages to get a stable Kalyway 10.5.2. installation and now this. I suppose that I should have realised that 'Continue' meant 'Next' but this should have been made more clear in the tutorial, but at no time did I see a 'Customize' button.

I suppose I'll have to re-install all over again and re-install all of my apps, I may try a Boot-123 type retail install this time unless anyone can fix my problem.

first screen after the first continue on the post patch.

HI all.

Well today I reinstalled OS X to my rig and for that I downloaded the latest files provided by Mysticus that works perfect for me. For my surprise in the nForce package I found one item that caught my attention that was nForce Chipset Tools. Never heard of it before, so I started browsing the folder and found one app called EFIStudio. So I asked myself: what is that for ??? Opened the app and realized that an app to configure GFX cards but writting lines to the apple.boot.Plist. So I got in doubt... what are the advantages of using this lines in the plist???

Hope to hear from somebody soon.

[]´s

Hi everyone , and big thanks for Mysticus C .

for me every thing work good , but the time machine not work , when I open it the software run but nothing showing on my screen I don't see anything only the desktop window , then I press close to exit the time machine

OK, but will this work for the server packages? 

Running JaS 10.5.4 Server, cannot run vanilla kernel (Pentium D 820 processor). Would like to safely upgrade to 10.5.5 if that is possible. 

It would probably work for the regular flavours (e.g. Kalyway, iATKOS) on my machine, but the server is probably going to be thrown off. 

Any ideas would be appreciated...

Great!

Updated directly from new Kalyway 10.5.2

Options:

=========

KERNELS:

=========

• 9.5.0 Vanilla:

=========

CHIPSETS:

=========

• Intel: ICHx AHCI

=========

VIDEO:

=========

• NVIDIA: nothing
    I install NVinstaller, with EFi string, Works better than nvinject for my system

=========

AUDIO:

=========

• ALC: 889

=========

NETWORK:

=========

• Just Restore:

=================

SYSTEM FUNCTIONS:

=================

• ACPI-APIC: New version selected

Everything fine and easy! :)

Did the update for a second time (first time all was Ok but I had to re-install after hard drive problem)

This time when I updated after the second re-boot I had no keyboard or mouse.

In the post combo update (v1.2.0) I chose the 9.2.0 ToH Kernel and the ACPI - APIC New version

The first time I successfully updated I chose the 9.4.0 Stage Kernel and I cant remember which ACPI - APIC version I chose

Which of the options in the post combo update is most likely to cause the no keyboard and mouse problem?

Hello Folk,

I want to update a Toshiba Satellite A205-S5861 with the fantastic Mysticus C* combo, have Vista 32bit & Kalyway 10.5.2 installed. Which options I do have to choose to made a correct update??

Your help will be great!

Thanks!

Roy

Hi guys! And thanx for the guide. I got my dell 6400 with kalyway 10.5.2 to update to 10.5.5, and everything seem to work except the battery meter. I guess I left out the ps2 option, anyway to get battery meter back? Btw thanx for great help. I'm new at this n first time with osx86 and still learning. Any help for the rookie?

hy everybody. First of all thanks for this work Mysticus C*. :(

I've been playing around with this update for my usb HD 10.5.2 working partition (because i didn't want to touch my "real" HD laptop 10.5.2 full working partition) and almost everything works.

The only problem is i have no sound, i've told myself no problem, lets install (as i've did before) the excellent Collit99 kext in order to make it works however it didn't. I don't know why? I think the same kext that works before must work with the update, non? Any ideas?

If it helps in the costume after update i didn't chose any hda kext proposed because any of them seem to match (i think) my HDA ALC268 hoping that my backup kext will work in an after install, but not.

Well i'll keep testing a little bit longer this update. Thanks again. If you have any ideas i will appreciate.

can you be more specific?what should i install?

i'm totally noob for this kind of thing.. :angel:

i did make my os x partition active, but it always stuck on verifying dmi pool data..

please help me

I don't know how to do it after rebooting, mayba someone from the forum knows, i am also not an expert.

Normally before first reboot on GUID or MBR partition you install a bootloader like Chameleon chameleon.osx86.hu

The reboot should be fine.

Succesfully updated to 10.5.5, but darwin can't load..

stuck on verifying DMI Pool Data..

have to boot using kalyway CD..

anyone can help?

Boot using Kalyway DVD, then once OS X on HDD running, download and run OSx86Tools to install EFI or Chameleon bootloader....

Thanks go to Mysticus C* for the expertise and guide. ;)

Below are the settings I used for the post combo customization that work for my particular set-up:

I started from an initial install of Kalyway 10.5.2. Everything worked OK except for the Audio which I fixed by adding kexts's for my onboard ALC888 chip. I had to do the 10.5.5 update a few times using different parameters each time until I found the right combination of settings that would work for me. These settings were:

KERNELS

9.4.0 StageXNU

CHIPSETS

Just Restore

VIDEO

Nvinject 640

AUDIO

Just Restore

NETWORK

Just Restore

SYSTEM FUNCTIONS

ACPI-APIC (old version)

My only problem after the update is that I have to patch the audio with Taruga's patcher and an ALC888 Lynux dump but apart from this everything works fine.

hi everybody! i've just solved my sound problem, i've forgot to patch my appleHda.kext with taruga patch before installing Collit99 kext as i've did (but i've forgotten) before in the 10.5.2.

what i've chosen in the upgrade:

kernel 9.4.0

chipstet: just restore

video Nvidia: 256 MB

audio: nothing

network: just restore

PS/2 battery meter test2

everything seem to work just fine. i have a full 10.5.5 usb HD leo partition now :dev:

i will play around with it and if i see significant changes i will upgrade my internal HD leo 10.5.2 partition

Thanks again Mysticus C*