Complete Updates for Newbies and All -- Currently 10.5.5 Combo (Only Intel CPUs)

2,152 posts in this topic

Hi!

sorry for bad english

i made a mistake and installed both ps2 fixes at same time.

how can i uninstall them to try each one by one, or is there another way to fix my keyboard.

thanks in advance

Just reinstall. What's the big deal :blink:

Hi !!

The only way that i found to make my gfx board works was using the EFI string. It works fine with version 10.5.3 including the Quartz Extreme. ( XFX 8600 GT 1024mb ).

But after the update to 10.5.5 the Quartz Extreme isnt working anymore.

I tried installing nvkush,nvinject,natit ( All with blank screen ).

is there anyway to fix the Quartz Extreme ? I tried to delete the efi string from the .com.apple.Boot.plist and reinstall but the problem appears again.

Thanks in advance

they were never gone, just was cleaned from the bike town section, i was being away for 2 weeks, so was not able to fix the links...

i ll make one for 10.5.6 as well, but i just got back... so it will take me a day or two :|

if u are crying out for previous versions

combo patches 1.2.0 for 10.5.5 (works for 10.5.6 as well if used carefully) link

THANKS a lot for this patch, I crawled the forum in the search. I'd like to update Kalyway 10.5.2 to 10.5.6, I hope that I succeed with this patch.

I have some question:

I downloaded this MacBookMacBookProSU1.2.dmg update from the Apple site. I am interested that I can freely to install it, after update to 10.5.6, and that nothing go wrong?

I found information on the forum to be in this update is support for ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3650. Or in the 10.5.6 update and 1.2.0 patch receives support for this graphic chip, too?

Is Marvel Yukon - Yukon2 (in this patch) has the support of Marvel Yukon 88E8040T?

Is install guide from the first post same for this new patch and update?

some off-topic humour (some of you may have seen it already): i was almost sh!tting my self laughing... read it carefully (note: requires a bit of technical understanding of programming database :) ...)

A hacker names his son and everything goes wrong at school :)

nameyourkid.png

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH This was great!!!!!!!!! OK, now, my issue. Don't fully "believe" my signature, I'm having MAJOR problems ORGASMS.

I have an MSI p6n SLI platinum mobo, xfx nvidia 8800gts 512mb, e6300 c2d 1.86gh 3gbs of corsair value, 165gb sata drive 2ide dvd drives. I've been able to install Kalyway 10.5.2 before with no problems. Once I wanted to dual boot xp and osx, the problems arose. Now, I can't seem to keep a solid install, I recorded everything and tried numerous bios fixings and defaults and now, I can't work on my 10.5.2 for more than 5 mins without getting a kernel panic. I've done everything I did before when I had a fully functioning system and just gave up on dual booting altogether.

Now, when I install Kaly, it'll work with no problems...for about 5 to 6 minutes, then my Logitech USB wave (without LCC) will freeze up and not work. I went back to using my old LX700 with USB to PS2 adapter and it works fine, now the system freezes shortly after booting and my keyboard and mouse work. I'm so upset and disoriented, I've been fighting this for 2 months now, and I just retried Kaly with your directions here and tried to update to 10.5.5 using your method, but before I could POST INSTALL PKG it, I got the grey screen. I downloaded the 1.2.0 update from the post above and I think I'm missing the nforce pkg, anyway I can download those?? Also, any ideas why all of a sudden, I'm getting these freezes, it never happened before with a clean install. Do you think my motherboard is the issue?? I got it brand new from newegg I really would appreciate any help. Once completed, I would like to have two sata hdd's, one with XP for my Gaming and OSX for everything else. I really would like to update to 10.5.5 without getting the grey screen. Thanks in advance!!

LADIES AND MAC GEEKS, I WOULD LIKE TO THANK MYSTICUS C AND ALL INVOLVED FOR THEIR HARD WORK. I found out that my issue was the fact that hadn't installed the nforce pkg first, cuz I couldn't find it, but now. It's ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL GOOD!!!!!!! Thank you so much, I'm going to connect my other SATA drive and reinstall the audio, cuz I think I messed that up, but it's really no biggie!! THANK YOU ALL FROM THE BOTTOM OF, WELL YOU KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU GRACIAS, OBRIGADO, MERCI BEAU COUP, ALL THE THANKS IN ALL LANGUAGES.

i just updated with this guide to 10.5.6

booting great and get to the blue screen, then a black screen with mouse-pointer.

System is working in the background... the volume-buttons on the Apple Keyboard are working too !

Tried all nvidia graphic card drivers...

HI,

I got the same blue & then black screen as Reniro, I will wait the magic of Mr  Mysticus C*!

Thanks for the good work!

Roy

PS: BTW, when I boot with -v flag I've got an error of the AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext, this can give me problems? I have to delete? Also I read that I have to install Disabler.kext, please let me know, thanks!

roy1971

i get it to work !

I used iPC 10.5.6. and installed Mysticus C* nForce-Driver-Pack over it.

Boots nice and a little bit higher XBench-Results ! (about 240 points without HDD).

I have only one Problem: The HDD-LED is always on !!

In the Activity-Manager i can see high HDD-Usage.

Pic is in the Attachments !

Anyone know what to do ?!

I guess the new updated pack from Mysticus C* will help.

Maybe its the nForceATA Kext ?! i don´t know, i have to test some things,

maybe it works.

post-268258-1232103284_thumb.png

HI MYSTICUS,

i dont now if you have readed my pm to you (sorry for pm),i saw your work in the biketown and i have tried your pack 1.2 to an dv6700 and it works! posted result here(http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=132495&st=140&p=1023612entry1023612),what sound card does the nc10 have?i'm trying to install audio to the compaq mini (=hp 1000)that has an IDT card.could you post the audio kext to try it?because the package you have their installs everything and i cant get only the sound kext.

take a look here to see my progress:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...p;#entry1011580

thanks

I have the same result as roy1971. I used the 1.2.0 package Mysticus linked here earlier to update from 10.5.5 to 10.5.6. The pre- and post-update installers as well as the official combo update are installing just fine. After reboot it's doing some stuff and then reboots again just as it should. And when it comes back up a light blue screen flashes up followed by a black screen. System seems to be running but the black screen just wont go away. Booting in failsafe mode wont work either. I tried replacing the graphics drivers with some individual kexts I'm using for my integrated graphics in single user mode, but it wouldn't help. Had to back up via Time Machine.

My machine is a ThinkPad T43 with integrated Intel GMA 915, if that helps you pinning the source of the behavior.

Cheers.

I have the same result as roy1971. I used the 1.2.0 package Mysticus linked here earlier to update from 10.5.5 to 10.5.6. The pre- and post-update installers as well as the official combo update are installing just fine. After reboot it's doing some stuff and then reboots again just as it should. And when it comes back up a light blue screen flashes up followed by a black screen. System seems to be running but the black screen just wont go away. Booting in failsafe mode wont work either. I tried replacing the graphics drivers with some individual kexts I'm using for my integrated graphics in single user mode, but it wouldn't help. Had to back up via Time Machine.

My machine is a ThinkPad T43 with integrated Intel GMA 915, if that helps you pinning the source of the behavior.

Cheers.

mine is a light blue screen and flashes up followed by another blue screen then the icons appears shortly and everything is in order.

i just unselect all the options in the post-installer and do the standard install.

 Mysticus C*, can you please tell me what is the LAN Package you mentioned and where i can find it?

Also, when upgrading from 10.5.2 to 10.5.6 i didn't see Marvel Yukon/2 option in post-upgrade patch, only Just Restore. Is this because the patch was made for 10.5.5?

I like to thanks very very much to Mysticus to help me to break some statements

a lot of sites and foruns had told that "Leopard will never ever work with your notebook"

well, for those, take a look at my sig, ok?

Mysticus, worked like a charm, pal, thanks a lot

I'm waiting for a green light to try 10.5.6 now

best regards

I like to thanks very very much to Mysticus to help me to break some statements

a lot of sites and foruns had told that "Leopard will never ever work with your notebook"

well, for those, take a look at my sig, ok?

Mysticus, worked like a charm, pal, thanks a lot

I'm waiting for a green light to try 10.5.6 now

best regards

me too :D want to upgrade from kalyway 10.5.3 to 5.6 now :D hihi :D

Hello!

Nice thread! ok i looked and looked, maybe i missed it, but. I am using Kalyway 10.5.1 and would like to update to 10.5.5 at least. I am using MBR boot NOT vanilla kernel. I noticed that most 'how to' are if you are using Vanilla Kernel. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated