Complete Updates for Newbies and All -- Currently 10.5.5 Combo (Only Intel CPUs)

2,152 posts in this topic

Well I just said the hell with it and rebooted twice using -v

I got 1 or 2 errors but it booted up quick and "About This Mac" says its updated to 10.5.5

(Remember I didn't do any customizing...)

Funny thing is I went to burn some things off before formatting just in case I had to wipe

my Time Machine Drive, and Toast wont load, Disco loads but crashes and Burn works fine.

I'm going to sleep and start over when I wake up with a clear head.

LOL

So get this,

Curiosity got to me, and before going to bed I thought I would click your "Post Combo Update Patches v1.2.0.mpkg"

to see what happened, and NOW there IS a CUSTOMIZE BUTTON!

:(

I'm going to screw around tomorrow before re-installing to see if I can't patch things up by running it again.

Why not eh? :)

Anyways, I'm off to bed now for real. It's already near 8am and I have too much to do today to be spending it in bed.

P.S.

Sorry for the multi posts lol

you dont need to reinstall, if you can boot, run the post combo patches, customize it correctly, and you will have corrected system

read post # 1936 in previous page and go to correct topics for discussion of nforce related problems... there are some issues going on on nforce so follow the verdant's suggestions...

coosee: did you check the kernel options in last step in post patch customize window?

I figured it out

AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext was screwing me.

But now I have an issue where my keyboard and mouse randomly freeze. The system doesn't freeze, but USB just stops working.

Thank you, Mysticus C and others for the effort you've put into this.

I am using an intel 945g mobo with a pentium d 3.0 ghz processor and nvidia 6200 gfx card (256 vid ram). I have iATKOS 1.0ir2 10.5.1 successfully installed on a partition but when I update using the 1.2.0 combo patches (pre and post) and apple 10.5.5 combo update (kernel 9.4.0, Just restore chipset, audio, network, nvinject 256, acpi-apic) it will boot, restart and then boot past the grey apple logo screen and hang up on a blue screen.

I am browsing the 90+ pages in this topic for help, but if someone can point me in the right direction it would be appreciated.

Thank you,

-Jay(noob)

Update: I restored my extensions folder from my 10.5.1 partition, repaired permissions and it booted. My graphics are now defunct, but "about this mac" reveals that the 10.5.5 update worked. This probably isn't the correct way to get this to work. Any and all suggestions are welcome.

I figured it out

AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext was screwing me.

But now I have an issue where my keyboard and mouse randomly freeze. The system doesn't freeze, but USB just stops working.

same again, go to correct topics to discuss issues related to nforce chipset...

Update: I restored my extensions folder from my 10.5.1 partition, repaired permissions and it booted. My graphics are now defunct, but "about this mac" reveals that the 10.5.5 update worked. This probably isn't the correct way to get this to work. Any and all suggestions are welcome.

When I re install my nvinject.kext, delete the com.apple thing in cache, i reboot and get a black screen with the mouse pointer....

Dear Mysticus C*

After update I got this issue while boot with -v : failed to load extension com.orByte.driver.PCGenUSBEHCI (highlighted in yellow)

I chose this option while running post update:

Kernel: 9.4.0 StageXnu

CHipset: ICHx AHCI

Audio: Restore

Network: Restore

System func: smbios, macpro, and usb 2 fix (both options)

I still can boot in safe mode but don't know what to do to fix this...

Please help me..thanks a lot..

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Below is my spec:

OS : Vista 32 bit + Kalyway 10.5.2 + 10.5.4 Delta Update (last working system)

MOBO : Gigabyte GA-EP35-DS3L

CPU : Intel C2D 4600

RAM : 2 x 2gb Kingston Value 667 mhz

HDD Sata : 1 x 80 GB (System), 1 x 500 Gb (Data)

VGA : Gigabyte 9600GT 512 MB DDR 3 (haven't installed the driver coz the driver need to be run in 10.5.5)

DVDRW Sata : 16 x Benq

USB : 8 x USB 2.0 OnBoard

Big props to everyone on this thread for making this work!

Posting to say that everything worked fine on my Dell XPS m1530 (upped from 10.5.2), had to choose Test2 for the PS2 options for keyboard etc to work. If you have already done an install you can just run the post install again and untick everything except the Test2 PS2 option and install and restart, should work after that.

Also my Netgear WG111 v3 (installed as per OSx86 wiki hardware page under 10.5.2) usb wifi work flawlessly under 10.5.5, i did NOT choose any network updates on 10.5.5 install.

THANKS AGAIN!

:( :( :D:P :censored2: :censored2:

Tried the combo update and now I have a bricked system

I did everything by the letter, Downloaded the three files, installed in order.

On running the Post Combo Update I was looking for the Customize button but it never appeared, also the tutorial say 'Do not press NEXT button too many times' I never saw a 'next' button I clicked on 'Continue' and never got to a customize screen so when the post combo update finished I had no choice but to restart the machine. Now all I get is the grey Apple screen with the revolving pinwheel which does not continue and there is no disk activity.

What a jip. It took me ages to get a stable Kalyway 10.5.2. installation and now this. I suppose that I should have realised that 'Continue' meant 'Next' but this should have been made more clear in the tutorial, but at no time did I see a 'Customize' button.

I suppose I'll have to re-install all over again and re-install all of my apps, I may try a Boot-123 type retail install this time unless anyone can fix my problem.

Big props to everyone on this thread for making this work!

Posting to say that everything worked fine on my Dell XPS m1530 (upped from 10.5.2), had to choose Test2 for the PS2 options for keyboard etc to work. If you have already done an install you can just run the post install again and untick everything except the Test2 PS2 option and install and restart, should work after that.

Also my Netgear WG111 v3 (installed as per OSx86 wiki hardware page under 10.5.2) usb wifi work flawlessly under 10.5.5, i did NOT choose any network updates on 10.5.5 install.

THANKS AGAIN!

your welcome hairy malaysian fruit :P

have you tried any other remote desktop software? because it may just be a software bug/glitch?

nomad: see this thread and this thread

Thanks for replying. I've determined it has to do with AppleSMBios problems:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...&hl=logmein

But I tried that suggestion and it didn't seem to work. Is there anything I can do with your post-install program that would use a different AppleSMBios?

Thanks!

Thanks for replying. I've determined it has to do with AppleSMBios problems:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...&hl=logmein

But I tried that suggestion and it didn't seem to work. Is there anything I can do with your post-install program that would use a different AppleSMBios?

Thanks!

you can try mac pro smbios option from the update package, smbios resolver for vanilla smbios...

you can try mac pro smbios option from the update package, smbios resolver for vanilla smbios...

Thanks I'm using the Mac Pro smbios option... from the post install pack v 1.2.0

Should I use the smbios resolver if I'm not using vanilla kernel? I'm using 9.4.0 StageXNU Kernel.

Thanks!

Dear Mysticus C*

After update I got this issue while boot with -v : failed to load extension com.orByte.driver.PCGenUSBEHCI (highlighted in yellow)

I chose this option while running post update:

Kernel: 9.4.0 StageXnu

CHipset: ICHx AHCI

Audio: Restore

Network: Restore

System func: smbios, macpro, and usb 2 fix (both options)

I still can boot in safe mode but don't know what to do to fix this...

Please help me..thanks a lot..

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Below is my spec:

OS : Vista 32 bit + Kalyway 10.5.2 + 10.5.4 Delta Update (last working system)

MOBO : Gigabyte GA-EP35-DS3L

CPU : Intel C2D 4600

RAM : 2 x 2gb Kingston Value 667 mhz

HDD Sata : 1 x 80 GB (System), 1 x 500 Gb (Data)

VGA : Gigabyte 9600GT 512 MB DDR 3 (haven't installed the driver coz the driver need to be run in 10.5.5)

DVDRW Sata : 16 x Benq

USB : 8 x USB 2.0 OnBoard

Please somebody help me....

Thanks I'm using the Mac Pro smbios option... from the post install pack v 1.2.0

Should I use the smbios resolver if I'm not using vanilla kernel? I'm using 9.4.0 StageXNU Kernel.

Thanks!

Hope someone or Mr. M could reply to this. It is still the logmein issue. Thanks!

hey guys,

i installed the patch, update, and post, everything went fine, but now I cant boot at all

the computer powers up, gets to the white screen with the mac logo, then reboots again - i let this cycle through 4/5 times, but everytime it just reboots.

how do i go about remedying this ? is there any way to do it from the boot cd ??? that will load up - i repaired / verified disk but still no joy

i ran the boot cd with the -v command, and in yellow it said something about an error with powermanagment ?

any help would be much appreciated - thanks :(

this is my info:

dell latitude d610 / kalway 10.5.1 install (sse2 / mbr boot)

Hardware Overview:

Model Name: Mac

Model Identifier: Mac Pro

Processor Speed: 1.6 GHz

Number Of Processors: 1

Total Number Of Cores: 1

L2 Cache: 2 MB

Memory: 2 GB

Bus Speed: 533 MHz

Boot ROM Version: Hack.int.0sh

Serial Number: YM8659M6W0A

Hello, Im new here and i just started trying to install OSX on my PC recently. Everything is very knew to me so please dont be too harsh :D Below is my system spec:

Shuttle SP32P2

Q6600 clocked @ 3600

4GB Cosair RAM

500GB SATA

XFX 8600GT w. 1024 Vram

I have tried installing Iatkos 5 and kalyway 10.5.2 but only Kalyway works for me. Everything look to be fine on Kalyway except my Video card is at 32Vram and resolution at 1024X768. I have tried updating to 10.5.5 but i can only get up to 10.5.4 using Kalyway 10.5.3 combo update and 10.5.4 delta update. I tried using Mysticus C*'s way but it boots up blank. I guess one of the reason why I can't get it to work is because i'm not sure which options will work best for my system. If anyone with similar system setting or any suggestion it will be greatly appreciated.