Kalyway 10.5.3 combo update for sse3 intel only

Donw35

251 posts in this topic

Anybody has issues with USB? my USB devices don't get recognized when I plug them in with the computer on. The only way to see them on the desktop is to boot with the devices plugged in and turned on, I'm beggining to think that I did something terribly wrong or that my hardware is not compatible with this release.

Any ideas?

Thanks

~fagosu

i Have the same problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Help!!!

i Have the same problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Help!!!

I'm having the same problem with USB. My flashdrive won't show up unless it is inserted before booting up. Also, I have found that the harddrive is going to sleep and not waking up now; if I go away from the computer for a length of time and try to access a drive, I get the spinning beachball and no joy.

Biostar P4M900-M4 with Celeron D 2.93 mHz, 2 gig's DDR2 DRAM, IDE drive, Leo4allv3 upgraded to 10.5.3 using Kalyway's updater, and the nvkush fix for graphics on Geforce 7200GS

hey everyone. just updated to 10.5.3 and i'm having the oddest issue...that i suppose isn't drastic, but it boggles my mind.

my network settings tell me that my ethernet is not connected. and upon booting up, i can't connect to the internet. however, by going into the settings and re-selecting automatically configure network, the internet is active. however, network settings still says "cable unplugged" and shows the red disconnected status. any ideas?

when updating the DHCP lease this is the console log:

6/18/08 9:42:17 PM configd[14] DHCP en0: RELEASE transmit failed

6/18/08 9:42:18 PM kernel Intel8254x -- Link Down -- 00:19:d1:dd:e3:b1 -- called by disable() --

6/18/08 9:42:18 PM kernel -- Auto-Negotiation Advertisement Register (04d) = 0xde1

6/18/08 9:42:18 PM kernel -- Auto-Negotiation Link Partner Ability Register (05d) = 0x0

6/18/08 9:42:18 PM kernel -- Auto-Negotiation Gigabit Advertisement Register (09d) = 0xe00

6/18/08 9:42:18 PM kernel -- Auto-Negotiation Gigabit Link Partner Ability Register (10d) = 0x0

6/18/08 9:42:18 PM kernel -- PHY Specific Status Register (17d) = 0x8100

6/18/08 9:42:46 PM kernel Intel8254x -- Link Down -- 00:19:d1:dd:e3:b1 -- called by interruptOccurred() --

6/18/08 9:42:46 PM kernel -- Auto-Negotiation Advertisement Register (04d) = 0xde1

6/18/08 9:42:46 PM kernel -- Auto-Negotiation Link Partner Ability Register (05d) = 0x41e1

6/18/08 9:42:46 PM kernel -- Auto-Negotiation Gigabit Advertisement Register (09d) = 0xe00

6/18/08 9:42:46 PM kernel -- Auto-Negotiation Gigabit Link Partner Ability Register (10d) = 0x4000

6/18/08 9:42:46 PM kernel -- PHY Specific Status Register (17d) = 0x6d00

also. a friend recommended that I install NVkush for my 7900...however my inject drivers seem to work fine. QE is enabled. the only problem i see is that it does not identify the card as a 7900, should it?

thanks for the update combo pack. besides this odd problem i'm sure no one else had, it was easy and quick and painless!

edit: well. wake from sleep now works. that never has before. if no one knows what's going on with the network issues, i could live. (using the 9.3 vanilla kernel)

I upgraded my Kalyway 10.5.2 install which has gone thru numerous board changes and patching and it hosed my system. Initially I was getting the Waiting for root device. Loaded the AHCI kext from another install and now its a kernel panic. I decided to do a fresh install and its shocking to see that using different hard drives on the same computer can have different results!

At any rate my new install is running just fine. transfered my stuff over.

For those having USB mounting problems try installing a different kernel. Mine worked using the Modbin 9.3 but I remember using a diffent installer. Not the one that Kalyway provided.

For those having " I dont have network connection no matter what I do". I just reinstalled. Couldnt fix it when it occured. sorry.

For those asking about sleep/wake up. I do have sleep and wake up and restart and sometimes shutdown. But I wouldnt be surprised, my board will do S1 or S3 sleep without problems. I currently have Modbin 9.3 and also works with vanilla, but restart/shutdown dont work with vanilla.

Only problem I have with it is that it is not smooth as I remembered it to be. If you minimize( genie) say safari it wouldnt be super smooth, unlike the other install I did with a different hard drive. But no biggie.

I was using 10.5.2 and used the Kalyway 10.5.3 update package. I did everything per the instructions. When I rebooted and typed "update -v", all I ended up getting was "waiting for root device" over and over and over, etc.

I then tried rebooting and tried to press F8 and the Darwin prompt. It didn't do anything but go to the "Grey" Apple screen and then after a few minutes the Zero with the Slash through it showed up.

Anyone got any ideas on how to get my root device to be seen again?

Thanks!

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=107985

i have just installed the update, all is fine other than it want view album art in itunes!

with a message over where the album art, saying

'itunes is unable to browse album covers on this computer'

any idea where the problem is?

cheers martyn

i have just installed the update, all is fine other than it want view album art in itunes!

cheers martyn

i would assume it has something to do with your video card? also assuming that you are referring to cover flow...if you go into about this mac are all the settings for the graphics card still enabled...such as QE? are the same resolutions available?

cheers martyn

Install nVKUSH

can anyone help me please.

Im currently running Kalyway 10.5.2 with the Toh 9.2.0 kernel.

And when I try updating to 10.5.3 with the kalyway combo updater my computer hangs here when I reboot:

http://img113.imageshack.us/img113/7091/dsc00056jb7.jpg

Now I have ruled out that it has nothing to do with the kernel because it does exactly the same with the 9.3 and 9.2 kernels so its got something to do with the actual 10.5.3 update.

Anyone know whats going on?

I am running Kalyway with EFI vanilla kernel on a Asus P5GC-MX/1333

Well, I used it. Booted in safe and rebooted into normal. No internet, FileSyncAgent quits unexpectedly, takes REAL long to start up now. No internet, disk drive won't read any disk but install disk for Leopard so is there a driver or something for the internet or a fix for FileSyncAgent, and the slow boot. I need a fix PLEASE.

Well ..i may be not smart enough..because a lot people installed kalyway 10.5.3 combo update. but i still can't find any download link except torrent.i try to download from torrent.it's very slow and will never finish.can some one show me the link to download?

Guest undefined

Guys, I had problems with USB recognition too, after I overinstalled old 9.2 kernel which supported shutdown, on the vanilla 9.3, which came with update and didn't let me to turn my laptop off. Kernel must be the same in system.kext and actual kernel version.

Oh, I also had some problems with graphics and battery. I've lost transparency and QE/CI. Reinstalling NVinject did the trick though, it's fine now. And I just had to install PowerManagement bundle again, since I've lost my battery meter.

I hope 9.3 kernel with shutdown fix will be released soon.

Thanks to all, also mine works 100% !!

thanks

Update Success!

Compaq C714NR

Installed Kalyway 10.5.2 and Kalyway 10.5.3 Combo Update Package.

After the update, typed update -v and every is back to normal.

Computing essentials (such as USB, Graphic, Wifi, and etc) are working.

I haven't tried sleep. (I don't really need to use it because booting up and shutting down are so FAST!! of course compared to Vista)

No Battery Meter - I always use it plugged, so.. I don't need it either.

I update with kalyway 10.5.3 then my menu didn't seen everytings working but submenu didn't seen.did anybody know anything about this problem?

Are your menus transparent then they appear when you click off? For me with IntelGMA950 I just installed the 10.5.3 graphics kexts.

iPoco