Kalyway 10.5.3 combo update for sse3 intel only

Donw35

251 posts in this topic

Anyone? I'm in the same boat. QE/CI working fine. EVERYTHING works fine. Just need all my resolutions back on my GMA 950. I'm sure it's simple. Help? :)

Forum member Bense mentioned a driver here:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...mp;#entry766444

Here's how I did it with a Lenovo 3000 N100 with GMA 950:

- Get 0x27a2.zip from http://code.google.com/p/darwin950/

- Go to /System/Library/Extensions and move Natit.kext, AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext, AppleIntelGMA950.kext to trash. If any of these don't exist, no problem, just pass that file. OS X will as for admin pass. Enter it. Move these three kexts to somewhere else as a backup, just to be safe.

- Unzip 0x27a2.zip and move these three new kexts to /System/Library/Extensions folder. OS X will ask for admin pass again. Enter it.

- Open up Disk Utility from /Applications/Utilities folder, right click (or Control click) your OS X partition and choose "Repair permissions". Now wait.

- Reboot.

- At boot, press any key and type "-v -f" without the quotes and cross fingers.

Hopefully you will have QE and CI without glitches like me. :(

Just updated my leo4allv3 machine:

Asus P5K-E Wi-Fi

CPU: e2160

Ati HD3870 512mb

Old Ide maxtor 80GB HD (what's making my hack Pro slower that it could be, but was meant just as a test install but since i installed is my main OS, upgrade coming soon anyways)

All went smooth, u guys are doing a great job. When i installed leo4allv3 for the first time like a total nob (not in computers but mac), OK i just did some reading around this great forum, everything worked out of the box, all i did was installing the Realtek tool so i could set my wireless and Taruga_AD1988b_rev3 drivers to get my Mic to work.

On my machine is easier to install Mac OS X then windows :P

And now again...i was reading this forum about the update and i wasn't sure if i should go for it or not, coz i read people having problems and my 10.5.2 was working fine. But at the end my geeky part won so i went for it and again everything works like it did before, just a lil faster and nicer it seems.

There is only one little problem (i can live with it) the shutdown does not work anymore, no is not the update fault, i don't know what happened coz it worked just few days ago (not 100% but lets say 80% of the times), now i get the screen that says that i need to powerdown my mac by pressing the hardware button.

Anyways,

thanks guys, u made one happy Mac user out of me ;)

Hi,

I've installed the kalyway 10.5.3 comboupdate but without the kalyway kernel. Now my system is stopped at:

BSD root: disk0s2, major 14, minor 2

when starts. How do I install the kernel kalyway by bootloader -s? Anyone can help me?

Thanks!

Oops, now work fine with me! Good job for kalyway comboupdates!

Now, my Atheros 5005(g) stopped working after update, both in boot or in Terminal show this:

bash-3.2# kextload -t /System/Library/Extensions/IO80211Family.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AirPortAtheros5424.kext
extension /System/Library/Extensions/IO80211Family.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AirPortAtheros5424.kext has potential problems:
Warnings
{
 "Kext has immediate dependencies on both com.apple.kernel and com.apple.kpi components; use only one style" = true
}

kextload: extension /System/Library/Extensions/IO80211Family.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AirPortAtheros5424.kext appears to be loadable
16AtherosInterface is not compatible with its superclass, 16IO80211Interface superclass changed?
kextload: a link/load error occured for kernel extension /System/Library/Extensions/IO80211Family.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AirPortAtheros5424.kext
link/load failed for extension /System/Library/Extensions/IO80211Family.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AirPortAtheros5424.kext
 (run kextload with -t for diagnostic output)

how I solve this??

EDIT: I solve my problem, check in this topic

Thanks

Hi all,

I install Kalyway 10.5.2 and work very well, after I update Kalyway 10.5.3 Toast or PopCorn dont want to work, other soft (office, CS3,..) work very well and fast.

Any suggestions!

Thank you!

try reinstall NVinstaller v.5

Hi,

I've installed the kalyway 10.5.3 comboupdate but without the kalyway kernel. Now my system is stopped at:

BSD root: disk0s2, major 14, minor 2

when starts. How do I install the kernel kalyway by bootloader -s? Anyone can help me?

Thanks!

Try booting with -v -f. If that doesn't work try booting with "-s" then use "exit" and continue booting. This did the trick for me when I was stuck at this BSD root .

I have the same problem anyone care to help?

dell inspiron e1705 1.8 core 2 duo.

2 gig ram,

intel 950gm

it will boot with out -v but then the blue screen pops up then goes right to black screen. also tryed the update -v same thing.

I had the same problem as well, but what I did was shutdown, update -v, reboot, update -v and it worked the second time around for me. As for you thebestdj07 once it goes black screen wait like 10 sec, hit your power key, then hit S key, then hit enter. This should put your pc to sleep in which you can wake it up or like mine it will wake up on its own after a few sec. Once its on your desktop, hit a button because for some reason it will act like a button was stuck or something.

My current problem seems to be random. Yesterday I could not take screenshots at all. Today I can but when I go to click on them on the desktop, they move. 1 moves to where 2 is and vice versa. This update is having weird but small effects.

anybody tried going from Kalyway 10.5.1 to 5.3 in one fell swoop? a little nervous about doing the update - as tried to install kalyway 10.5.2 and ended up with an 'out of range' message on my monitor.. had to reinstall 10.5.1 again.

Think my mobo is intel D945GNTL, think I'm on vanilla, can't quite remember which v of Darwin it's on.. any hints from the adventurers that have gone before?

cheers..

so i reinstalled 10.5.2 Kalyway with V kernal. then upgraded to 10.5.3 with Jas installer worked just fine. had to reinstall sound and transfer the power management from the 10.5.2 dvd. much faster and oh yea it says i have a GM950 now unlike before it said nothing. lol

This my first post on InsanelyMac. I would just like add a success confirmation with the kalyway 10.5.3 combo update. I worked perfectly with my system; however, I did lose my QE/CI. I was able to get it back using the steps in post #2 of this thread. I maintained the 9.2 kernel. I'm running a C2D E600, 2GB RAM, and Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3. I have one question though, what is the big difference between the 9.2 vanilla kernel and the 9.3 vanilla kernel?

-Ken

See my specs in my sig...

I had Kalyway 10.5.2 (vanilla kernel). Used Kalyway 10.5.3 Combo update (chose Vanilla Kernel update)...I had to be patient, but it eventually rebooted on its own and everything was good except for the following:

I had orange hard drive icons on desktop and unknown sata device/controller in system profiler. I used the following to resolve these hard drive icon and unknown sata issues: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=108479

Use PCWIZ's OSx86 utility to do this (highly recommended utility) if you don't want to use the command line.

Then to fix the video issues of no hardware acceleration and numerous other lost video capabilities. I used the NVinstaller .5 beta which is attached in a rar file. Extract the .pkg file and run it. Now video works flawlessly and all capabilities restored. See here for more info: http://scottdangel.com/blog/?p=25

I tried the NKush or whatever it is called file and all I got was a jet black screen.

Be warned that this worked on MY system and may not work on yours. Install with GREAT CAUTION. Hopefully this will point some people with problems in the right direction. And I don't mean mental problems :) !!!

As far as sleep, shutdown, and restart. They all work perfectly. I didn't have to do a thing. Lucky me I guess. :)

Anyone please correct me if I am doing/saying something wrong.

Cheers!

AHCIFix.zip

NVinstaller_v.5.rar

I had a system installed from a patched retail version of 10.5.1 and then upgraded to 10.5.2 using the netkas manual method. When I tried to use the same method to upgrade to 10.5.3 I had a whole series of problems which required an erase and restore from my backup dmg image.

I tried the Kalyway 10.5.3 upgrade image with good results except for the loss of hardware support for CI/QE. I downloaded the NVinstallerV.41 package and used Pacifist to install just the contents of the macbookpro105 package.

I used this method because I have pc-efi-v8 installed and already have device property strings for my GeForce 5500 display card.

As far as I can tell, everything is running correctly. Many thanks to those who created the Kalyway upgrade and NVinstaller packages.

ps: I don't think I could have used the NVinstallerv.51 package as it apparently does not contain the required Nvidia .kext files and instead installs nvinject and a new com.apple.Boot.plist file.

Once I installed Kalyway 10.5.3 Combo Update correctly, the installation went smoothly although like some other posters, I'm seeing my XBench score drop:

Kalyway 10.5.2: 149

Kalyway 10.5.3: 128

I wonder if more fine-tuning is needed?

The mistake I made initially was not deciding quickly enough which kernel to install - and while I was researching that on an adjacent G4 MDD, my Hack screen turned black with the wheel spinning. That locked up everything, so I had to reinstall Kalyway 10.5.1 and go through the whole restore process.

When I reinstalled 10.5.3, I selected the 9.3 kernel and everything went smoothly from there - including no graphics issues with my GeForce 7300 GS - although I had two permission correction sessions that took forever, but now permissions seem to be fine.

For anyone considering a build, I've had very good luck through Kaly 10.5.2 with this config:

Gigabyte P35C-DS3R

Intel Q6600 2.4 ghz

GeForce 7300 GS 256 MB

4 GB Kingston 800 mhz RAM

Dedicated SATA HDD for OSX

Dedicated SATA HDD for XP Pro

Hello all, I need assistance.

I have a Dell D620 1.8GHz Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM, and Intel GMA950 graphics.

I was running the Kalaway 10.5.1 install then later upgraded with the Kalaway 10.5.2 combo update with no problems. This time I tried the Kalaway 10.5.3 combo update and followed all instructions but things didn't go as well.

When I first did the install all I got after boot was a blue screen and the beach ball. I then booted back into the command line and replaced the video kext. Now it will fully boot but the monitor is completely black. I can hear all apps start up as normal. I can hook up an external monitor and see the desktop but the resolution is horrible. I have also found that if I let the machine go to sleep and wake it up, the monitor then works, but it's very shakey and jumpy. Hardly able to be used.

Can anyone give me some advice?

Ok, so I did the 10.5.3 update and everything works. The only problem I am having now is whenn it is booting, and gets to the white background with the apple logo and spinning loader icon under it.. the icon will spin then stop and it will stay frozen for a few minutes then fully boot into the os. Is there a fix to make it boot quicker? Before I would boot in a matter of seconds, now it is taken minutes.

also..this happened on old version, sometimes whenever I try and do things like burn discs or other things it will get the grey screen that says to restart. Is there a fix for this?

I've succeeded in installing the combo update and kernel modbin 9.3, but when i tried to restart my computer it just froze and i had to reset it by pressing reset button. Then leopard didn't boot, just froze. Tried different ways of installing 10.5.3 update (manually, zephyroths update tool, this, btw my cpu is AMD), but it just didn't work. No 10.5.3 for me....

Well it is right there in the title that it's Intel SSE3 ONLY. :lol: I'm sure you'll find a 10.5.3 that'll work for you at some point.

Personally, I was a bit put off by the warning that there could be issues with my graphics card... one day when I actually have time to troubleshoot, maybe, I'll go ahead and try a 10.5.3 updater (after making a fresh backup of my normal start-up partition). For now, I'm nearly 100% satisfied with my 10.5.2 Kalyway; I'm sure this fixes some Leopard shortcomings... but maybe I'll wait till 10.5.4.

See my specs in my sig...

I had Kalyway 10.5.2 (vanilla kernel). Used Kalyway 10.5.3 Combo update (chose Vanilla Kernel update)...I had to be patient, but it eventually rebooted on its own and everything was good except for the following:

I had orange hard drive icons on desktop and unknown sata device/controller in system profiler. I used the following to resolve these hard drive icon and unknown sata issues: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=108479

Use PCWIZ's OSx86 utility to do this (highly recommended utility) if you don't want to use the command line.

Then to fix the video issues of no hardware acceleration and numerous other lost video capabilities. I used the NVinstaller .5 beta which is attached in a rar file. Extract the .pkg file and run it. Now video works flawlessly and all capabilities restored. See here for more info: http://scottdangel.com/blog/?p=25

I tried the NKush or whatever it is called file and all I got was a jet black screen.

Be warned that this worked on MY system and may not work on yours. Install with GREAT CAUTION. Hopefully this will point some people with problems in the right direction. And I don't mean mental problems :D !!!

As far as sleep, shutdown, and restart. They all work perfectly. I didn't have to do a thing. Lucky me I guess. :lol:

Anyone please correct me if I am doing/saying something wrong.

Cheers!

Thanks for you post. Just wondering what BIOS you are running? I restored QE and CI but the orange hard drive icon fix didn't work.

Also you may want to post your finding in the P5W hardware thread.

EDIT:

I ended up using the combo installer found in the link thread.

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=109102

Everything on my build was working so all I did to fix my hard drive icon issue was to just select the finalize option in the installer. Restarted and they were fixed.

I wish I would have found that combo update installer first, but oh well.

If I tried the nvkush approach, it didn't fix my QE/CI, can i try the nvinstaller method right away or are there some removal steps for nvkush that I have to do first?