Kalyway 10.5.3 combo update for sse3 intel only

Donw35

251 posts in this topic

Help Me. I lost all of my resolutions. Now i'm stuck at 1024 x 768 and its way to big. It was fine before the update.

See my guide http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=107955

and look at the nvidia driver section should help you get your video card reinstalled correctly! Thats if its from nvidia

any one have a fix for the new updated kernel not showing the battery meter?? a few people have mentioned it but no one seems to have a fix!!

oh yeah, i just realized that I don't have a battery meter now. wtf?

I think its something to do with the power management package not being compatible with 10.5.3 but there are people who have managed to get it sorted! However anyone out there who could write a quick guide would be much appreciated.

Anyone have a way I can fix and change the HD icons from not being the orange ones? so far I can't seem to get that going, and I lost my screen saver, doesn't run at all when set with a timer.

If anyone can help me with these two things, would appreciate it. I updated from Kalyway 10.5.2 release dvd, to 10.5.3 kalway update.

I successfully updated on a Badaxe2 with the following steps

- Started with a Kalyway 10.5.2 Intel_AMD DVD installation

- Backed up my Extensions

- Backed up OpenGL.framework

- Installed the Kalyway 10.5.3 update

- Installed the Kalyway 9.3 vanilla kernel

- restored the following from my 10.5.2 backup

./System/Library/Extensions/GeForce.kext

./System/Library/Extensions/GeForce2MXGLDriver.bundle

./System/Library/Extensions/GeForce3GLDriver.bundle

./System/Library/Extensions/GeForce7xxxGLDriver.bundle

./System/Library/Extensions/GeForce8xxxGLDriver.bundle

./System/Library/Extensions/GeForceFXGLDriver.bundle

./System/Library/Extensions/GeForceGA.plugin

./System/Library/Extensions/GeForceVADriver.bundle

./System/Library/Extensions/IONDRVSupport.kext

./System/Library/Extensions/NVDANV10Hal.kext

./System/Library/Extensions/NVDANV20Hal.kext

./System/Library/Extensions/NVDANV30Hal.kext

./System/Library/Extensions/NVDANV40Hal.kext

./System/Library/Extensions/NVDANV50Hal.kext

./System/Library/Extensions/NVDAResman.kext

./System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework

./System/Library/Extensions/NVinject.kext (I used an EFI string, so I can only assume this should be restored)

./System/Library/Extensions/AppleAHCIPort.kext

./System/Library/Extensions/IOAHCIFamily.kext

./System/Library/Extensions/IOUSBFamily.kext (originally installed with the PCGenUSBEHCI.kext patch)

./System/Library/Extensions/AppleSMBIOS.kext

./System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext

finally I reinstalled the TimeMachine patch from the Kalyway 10.5.2 DVD. I originally omitted this step, which rendered my previous TimeMachine backups unreadable (backup volume not found errors)

- repair permissions

- reboot

- F8 at Darwin screen followed by update -v

- After the update process reboots I initiated a hard reboot

- F8 at Darwin screen followed by -v -f

Sorry this is so long. It took me 4 times to get the 10.5.3 update correct so I hope this saves someone else some pain.

Ahhh, just when I though I could shutdown again I am proved wrong... 10.5.3 update is causing me to tear out hair. Not being able to shut down is certainly a weird problem...

anybody else having audio issues with the 10.5.3/9.3 kernel? I am using digital audio, did the kalyway combo, with vanilla 9.3 kernel, when I play a song in itunes there is a bit of static before the audio starts, also static happens when moving files to the trash. I switched to speedstep 9.2.0 kernel and the audio problem went away. just wondering if there is fix where I can use 9.3 kernel without audio problem?

I use 10.5.1 Kalyway. It works very well, but 10.5.3 was so much pretty :P and i decide install this. I use Kalyway 10.5.3 combo update with vanilla kernel and patched kernel I made attempt later...

After upgrading it work, but graphics is VERY VERY slow (nvidia 7900GS). I installed latest NVinject, but problem remained and interface works so slowly... And iTunes cower flow also doesn`t work... I recowered extensions, but after this step i had kernel panic ;)((( I try boot with -s, but however Leo doesn`t boot...

Any ideas?

PS sorry for my terrible english :P

what exactly do you mean Darestr? Are you saying your system constantly restarts in a loop? or you cannot stop from restarting the system after installing the 10.5.3 update before you begin installing the Kalyway kernel update?

Hi all,

I install Kalyway 10.5.2 and work very well, after I update Kalyway 10.5.3 Toast or PopCorn dont want to work, other soft (office, CS3,..) work very well and fast.

Any suggestions!

Thank you!

Ok, So I did a Time Machine restore and I put back GUID with EFI...

But now all I get when I boot is a white back with a stop sign...

So I check in Verbose Mode and it is stuck on " Still waiting for root device "

http://www.addante.net/error.jpeg

So let me back up on why I did a Time Machine restore...

I was messing with my AppleAHCIPort.kext to make it show my Sata ports in 10.5.3.

So I back up my old one just incase, so i reboot and I get the stop sign again..

So I booted the OSX86 Dvd and go into terminal and copy over the one back, delete the .mkext and repair permissions..

So I reboot and the SAME THING.. At this point I said screw it and restore from my TM back up ( witch I have done 3 times b4 10.5.3 update ).... I restore my computer the day b4 i touched the .kext.. So anyway I boot after I did a TM restore and get EFI back on the drive...

I still get that stupid white stop sign box ( still waiting for root device )..

Any one know how to fix it???

oh yea 1 other thing i noticed, When I boot I don't get " press any key in 5 seconds to interrupt boot" like I use to b4...

I was messing with Os86tools and messing with EFI boot, I wonder if that could of done anything?

But then again I did a TM restore.....

ANYONE??

Successful update from Kalyway 10.5.2 using Kalyway 10.5.3 combo update on Lenovo Y300 (GMA950 graphics, Intel Core Duo).

After applying update, found that the 9.2.0 kernel was still being used. So I booted into Vista, used MacDrive to rename mach_kernel and am happy to report I'm now running 10.5.3 with the 9.3.0 kernel.

All software appears to be running fine though my boot time seems to be a tad longer than 10.5.2.

:unsure: