Kalyway 10.5.3 combo update for sse3 intel only

Donw35

251 posts in this topic

Successful update from Kalyway 10.5.2 using Kalyway 10.5.3 combo update on Lenovo Y300 (GMA950 graphics, Intel Core Duo).

After applying update, found that the 9.2.0 kernel was still being used. So I booted into Vista, used MacDrive to rename mach_kernel and am happy to report I'm now running 10.5.3 with the 9.3.0 kernel.

All software appears to be running fine though my boot time seems to be a tad longer than 10.5.2.

:D

heh do u like the complicated way :unsure:

u can just skip this vista way by installing the kalyway kernel package! :(

I've succeeded in installing the combo update and kernel modbin 9.3, but when i tried to restart my computer it just froze and i had to reset it by pressing reset button. Then leopard didn't boot, just froze. Tried different ways of installing 10.5.3 update (manually, zephyroths update tool, this, btw my cpu is AMD), but it just didn't work. No 10.5.3 for me....

Installed as per instructions. From 9.2 kernel to 9.3. Rebooted with -v -x ...After doing "bsd root" it gets stuck. It then just does "syncing disks and reboots".Any help???EDIT: UPDATE!I booted in safe mode using -s at darwin prompt. I then just did "exit" and BOOM! It worked!!Any idea why using -x didn't work but going into safe mode and then using exit worked??Documented here in case anyone else having this problem.

To get battery meter working install Superhai's power management bundle (leo4allv3 users). Worked for me. Only bluetooth is not working

@ ALL:

Anyone know how to get Bluetooth working again after 10.5.3 update??

hi guys.. i have a problem after update the kalyway Combo update 10.5.3 + vanila kernerl 9.3 update and then reboot with update -v

now this is my situation

help me please..

dsc0042150om7.jpg

Anyone have a way I can fix and change the HD icons from not being the orange ones? so far I can't seem to get that going, and I lost my screen saver, doesn't run at all when set with a timer.

If anyone can help me with these two things, would appreciate it. I updated from Kalyway 10.5.2 release dvd, to 10.5.3 kalway update.

I don't know of a fix but I do know it has to deals with if you're running AHCI.

natedezzy:

Yeah I'm running ahic. Using a compaq c751nr laptop. Don't think theres much to do about that in bios though. Just have a option to run nativev sata support. Does that have anything to do with? Better to run OS X with that option disabled? With that in mind maybe a next will fix that? Other than that issue I wish I can get my screensaver to work with the timer.

Thanks for the info natedezzy

Hi all,

I install Kalyway 10.5.2 and work very well, after I update Kalyway 10.5.3 Toast or PopCorn dont want to work, other soft (office, CS3,..) work very well and fast.

Any suggestions!

Thank you!

Check your’s graphic card Core Image and Quartz Extreme, usually toast 8 and popcorn 3 doesn’t work if you don’t have activated ci and qe.

pabs :devil:

Installed NVkush from http://diabolik1605.com/DHF/

- Removed NVinject.kext from extensions folder. (only if you have installed it i didnt)

- Rebooted and at boot time i stopped it and booted with the following flags -f -v

- Display looked a 100 times better and in system profiles under graphics card it reports the following:

OK tried the NVKush, as it turned out my vendor id/device id isn't yet supported. So went back to installing NVInstaller with correct NVinject and booting with -f did the trick. Now all works (Quartz Extreme and Hardware Core Image).

Thanks.

Here's details from Profiler:

Chipset Model: Graphics by NVIDIA

Type: Display

Bus: PCIe

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 512 MB

Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)

Device ID: 0x0427

Revision ID: 0x00a1

ROM Revision: NVinjectGo 0.2.0

Displays:

Display:

Resolution: 1440 x 900

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Hardware Accelerated

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Supported

Rotation: Supported

Display Connector:

On a side note:

Unless I boot with "-f" each time Bluetooth does not work. Any idea, this definitely seems to be some sort of version conflicts among the kext's I just don't know which ones as I'm new to OS X.

hi guys.. i have a problem after update the kalyway Combo update 10.5.3 + vanila kernerl 9.3 update and then reboot with update -v

now this is my situation

help me please..

dsc0042150om7.jpg

I have the same problem anyone care to help?

dell inspiron e1705 1.8 core 2 duo.

2 gig ram,

intel 950gm

it will boot with out -v but then the blue screen pops up then goes right to black screen. also tryed the update -v same thing.

had success with this update...

lost QE/CI...but fixed it with the patch...

running

10.5.3 vanilla kernel 9.3.0 on

Dell 530 C2Q 2.4Ghz - 4 cores work

4gig Ram

128 Nvidia gfx card

now also have shutdown and restart...

thanks for infos on here :)

now this is my situation

help me please..

dsc0042150om7.jpg

I have the same problem anyone care to help?

dell inspiron e1705 1.8 core 2 duo.

2 gig ram,

intel 950gm

it will boot with out -v but then the blue screen pops up then goes right to black screen. also tryed the update -v same thing.

Hey guys, to both of you:

1. Try to boot with "-v -f" parameters. If it works:

- Both of you installed that USB fix while installing your systems, right? I believe USB patch on the Kalyway installation DVD is the reason. Go to irc.osx86.hu, join "Kalyway DVD channel" (or similar, can't remember the whole name right now) and ask them how you can remove that USB patch.

2. If "-v -f" parameters don't work:

- Still join in that channel from a different copmuter. They will tell you how to remove that patch from the commandline if you boot with a "-s" parameter.

3. If that patch is not the reason, install OSX on a different psychical HDD with the same user name and password and read this post:

http://episteme.arstechnica.com/eve/forums...31#225004479831

I used this post to move my "home folder" to a different partition, so it's safe, if ONLY you backup. Make sure you always backup!

So you can reuse your old "home folder", where all your important preferences etc. remain. You have to reinstall your fav apps, but it's not an issue. Your settings are in your "home folder".

4. Post your result for other InsanelyMac users.

Edit: Oh, I just saw ahfunaki's post. that makes three. So it's possible there are others as well. Make sure you guys give feedback.

thinkpad x60s

success - except for wifi.

new install of kalyway 10.5.2, then immediatley applied update.

had to follow directions at

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...0282&st=500

#503 && #509 to get the 950 graphics to work though, bit now, everything is running like a charm as far as i can tell. So far i've tested:

ethernet: works

950 integrated video: works

cdrom drive: works

volume up down mute buttons on keyboard: works

pointer nub in middle of keyboard: works

keyboard light via function keys: works

i don't see a battery power indicator anywhere, but this is the first time i've i've ever used oxs, so maybe i just have to put it there.

thanks all

oh, and my machine, core duo 1.66, 2gb's ram, is really snappy.

I upgraded yesterday and lost QE/CI and followed the fix posted on page one and got CI back, but no QE. Im on iAtkos 10.5.1 updated by kaly's 10.5.2 updater then the new 10.5.3 updater. Everything else works perfectly with vanillia though, just no QE which makes some animations rather ugly. Anyone know what i can try to do? My card is a 8600gt XXX 256mb. Thanks!

Help Me. I lost all of my resolutions. Now i'm stuck at 1024 x 768 and its way to big. It was fine before the update.

Anyone? I'm in the same boat. QE/CI working fine. EVERYTHING works fine. Just need all my resolutions back on my GMA 950. I'm sure it's simple. Help? :unsure: