Kalyway 10.5.3 combo update for sse3 intel only

Donw35

251 posts in this topic

Updated to 10.5.3...

Created a second partition from the 10.5.2 disk, left my first one intact.

Installed iAKOS 2.0 (newest one... this is on the newly created partition, old one still there)

Took all of my files I needed from it, apps, music, ect and moved it to the new partition

Removed the old partition, thus making 1 partition

Downloaded the JaS 10.5.3 combo update, installed

Restart afterwards, you should have a good installation.

Kalyway's wasn't working on my setup :/

This is a really risky update. I've tried it a 2 times following everything to the letter, once on my existing install which got {censored}ed. Second on a newly installed Kalyway 10.5.2. Both instance never recovered after 10.5.3 kalyway comboupdate.

I will be trying Jas's next.

Just wanted to add my simple solution and didn't want to read the other 6 pages. I had the problem mentioned a few times n the thread of people installing the nvkrush and losing video on reboot but still having sound. As dumb as it sounds I moved my monitor to the other port on my card and BAM, works like a charm.

Used Kalyway OSX 10.5.1 DVD for fresh installation

Updated to 10.5.2 using kalyway combo update

Updated to 10.5.3 using kalyway combo update

(chose vanilla kernel 9.3. restart. press "update -v")

all went well :censored2:

installing iPhone SDK final now...

Thanks for the info :D

I am using HP Pavillion dv6700t laptop.

Hi all.

I have an HP DV9700T (core2 duo) with Kalyway 10.5.2, the 9.2 kernel, and using NVinject for my 8600GS.

Which problems will I run in to and require attention (and should I keep the 9.2 kernel)? All drives are SATA.

Thanks!

- I updated with this one.

- Lost QE and CI support.

- Installed NVkush from http://diabolik1605.com/DHF/

- Removed NVinject.kext from extensions folder.

- Rebooted and typed -f -v

- QE and CI came back.

OK, thank you for your great tip, however...

Standard fare P5W DH with eVGA 7300GT 256MB here. I am running Kalyway 10.5.2 like a dream. Update to 10.5.3 using Kalyway updater. Vanilla 9.3. Apple software update to 10.5.4. All is great. No hardware accelerated Core Image, no QE. I apply your solution, install NVkush, remove NVinject. Quicktime Player panics the system 3-7 minutes into the movie!!! Everything else works like a dream. Same movie, plays within iTunes. I check for crashreporter log. NO CRASHREPORTER FOLDER, and obviously no log file!!! Hmmm... I suspect video kexts have something to do. I remove all ATI kexts and all GeForce kexts. (I leave the NVkush and some other NV kext in place). No CI, no QE. NO PANIC. I replace the GeForce kexts. Panic. Consistent & predictable. Only QT player (pro).

Built an identical system only with an ATIx1900 and have no problems. Both systems are clean virgin installations. No weird software, no weird hardware. Plain Apple/ Kalyway.

Any ideas?

Help, please!

I got a black screen after the update and I did the update -v correctly.

After the grey apple screen, I can see the blue screen, but then it goes to black immediately. I think this is a graphics issue, and that the gma950 kexts are loading instead of my gma965. Any help on how to solve this?

Will simply removing the gma950 kexts solve this? If so, how do i do it from the root? or i should go to terminal from the kalyway dvd?

Thanx!!

I deleted All the GMA950 files, I also deleted AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext and AppleIntegratedFramebuffer.kext and still I get the black screen. I tried -f and -x to no use. The system is running, but im having a black screen!

Anybody can help??

• 1 month later...

Seems to be a lot of unanswered questions for the 10.5.3 combo update.

I can see the last post is a month old and seems to be a very common problem.

It appears that no one has the answer to this:

I deleted All the GMA950 files, I also deleted AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext and AppleIntegratedFramebuffer.kext and still I get the black screen. I tried -f and -x to no use. The system is running, but im having a black screen!

Anybody can help??

If you got yours working conjure1 could you post your solution.

everything worked out well for me, I even installed update 10.4.5 afterward, typed " update -v " and it is sirll working fine, even got hold of september security update , typed " update -v " and I'm still here.

Mac OS X 10.4.5 ;) ThanX to Kalyway :D

FYI, I'm using an HP 5100sff, 2 Gig's ram and Cpu 3.0 ( HT turned off ).

for those with intel gma950 that just did the kalyway 10.5.3 combo update and are getting a blue screen

boot with the -s option

follow the on screen instructions to enable write access to the drive

you will need to get

0x27a2.zip from here:

http://code.google.com/p/darwin950/

or here's a direct link to it

http://darwin950.googlecode.com/files/0x27a2.zip

I then put this zip file on a thumbdrive

of course you will need to manually mount the thumbdrive I did:

mkdir /bunghole

mount_msdos /dev/disk1s1 /bunghole

then get your zip file, unzip it, you may have to

chgrp -R wheel * in the 0x27a2 directory to fix the permissions

then kextload each of the .kext directories

then type exit to reboot.

this got me to the graphic mode but i was stuck at 1024x768

on my kalyway 10.5.2 cd i grabbed GMA950_appleintelintegratedframebuffer.pkg

from here: /Volumes/Kalyway 10.5.2 DVD Intel_Amd/System/Installation/Packages/Patches

ran it, and now it works.

there may be better ways of doing this, but this is my first day ever using osx.

I have got my GMA950 working on the Kalyway 10.5.3 working because of this guide/tutorial. I had to read between the lines in some places because it's not step by step.

Things to note:

to unzip an acrhive you use the terminal command "unzip /bunghole/0x27a2.zip" (if you're in the root directory, the unzipped location will be "/0x27a2/"

Also, when I put the Kalyway 10.5.2 disc in, I right clicked, hit copy. Then in the Terminal write "cp (paste) /" then the GMA950_appleintelintegratedframebuffer.pkg file will be on the root of your hard drive.

Run the PKG, restart and boom. Mine loaded straight into 1680x1050. Magic.

• 3 weeks later...
Still waiting for a major bootable update like 10.5.5. I've tried to update with the combos a few times, but this intelCPU kext messes me up. Any word on another bootable update?

yeah reinstall with boot-132 with a retail leopard disc and you can always update straight from apple.

• 3 weeks later...

I have lenovo N Series laptop, intel dual core processor, 2GB RAM,

I installed kalyway 10.5.2 ,had black screen problem. solved by using

mount -uw /

movevideodrivers

Then updated to 10.5.3 didn't work update -v.

it showed " failed to load extension com.orByte.driver.PCGenUSBEHCI ......" ..

solved by using " update -v -f "

i installed XCode && IPhone SDK 2.0

shutdown and retsarted it worked fine.

BUT after running one or two application of iphone , I restarted the laptop then i Got BLACK screen after apple logo.

HOW CAN I SOLVE THIS ISSUE

Can find it at your usual places.

Very simple and easy, worked for me, no problems.

1- install comboupdate ! don't restart

2- install kalyway kernel pkg ! choose kernel you need for your pc ! (if you want keep your old 9.2 kernel so install this pkg without selecting 9.3 kernel

3- reboot and type update -v and cross the fingers !

if you stuck at bsd root after reboot ! so type "update -v" without quote at f8 darwin prompt ! it should work !

caution : you may experienced boot problem related to gfx card ! especially with 7xxx nvidia series and ati ! if happen type -v -x

try this update at you own risk !!!!!!!!

i follow this step-by-step & it was perfect

all hardware still working as when i still in 10.5.2

is there such for 10.5.4? still in 10.5.3 here

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello!i

I updated using this Kalyway combo update, this is from a Kalyway 10.5.1 install...followed directions

chose: hacked kernel 9.3 (previously had 9.1 kernel)

rebooted, typed : update -v

nothing, it rebooted.

only way I can boot is with -x safe mode...

any suggestions?

my config is my sig

• 7 months later...

Last time I did a Software Update from Apple on 10.5.3 I was screwed. My system restarted, everything installed fine, but I got stuck in a looping screen that said "You need to restart your computer" or something similar. It was basically a big middle finger haha. It was the first time I got an OSX86 project working and I ended up having to re-do everything. Maybe someone else can shed some light here. I'm a total noob so my word isn't worth much.

• 2 months later...
I just updated my system without any problems....YET! :D

Did you just run the combo update without running anything in terminal or deleting anything from the extensions folder?

:(

Can find it at your usual places.

Very simple and easy, worked for me, no problems.

1- install comboupdate ! don't restart

2- install kalyway kernel pkg ! choose kernel you need for your pc ! (if you want keep your old 9.2 kernel so install this pkg without selecting 9.3 kernel

3- reboot and type update -v and cross the fingers !

if you stuck at bsd root after reboot ! so type "update -v" without quote at f8 darwin prompt ! it should work !

caution : you may experienced boot problem related to gfx card ! especially with 7xxx nvidia series and ati ! if happen type -v -x

try this update at you own risk !!!!!!!!

Hi, im running a Dell Dimension 3100C, dunno the spec coz its been officialy outdated but i dont know which kernel to install, HELP!! :P