Kalyway 10.5.3 combo update for sse3 intel only

Donw35

251 posts in this topic

Hi all i want to install the update but before i do so i have a question, MY graphics card is ati x1600 pro and what have kext saved so i could use again with out going through a hassel the next install. Once i install this update on lose my video capabilities what do i do? Do i just install kext again and that is it or do i need and extra step to follow? :hysterical:

update found out the hard way. combo updated worked fine except a little more slower. now i have to do a fresh install then install kexts for videocard then do combo update.

ok, i reinstalled os and update and after reinstalling kext for video card mouse will not move. then i turned off for a minute got mouse back but i can not see dock and to bar with edit view etc. gone. what did i do wrong. all i did was replace kext for video card. some one please help.

by the way followed kalyway's directions exactly. I have an ati x1600 video card. also is the kext i used bad. what happened?

For anyone who got a problem like mine:

Base installation: Kalway 10.5.1 intel on GMA950 board

Issue: Display resolution down and limited to 1024x768 after installed Kalway 10.5.3 combo update

Here is a very simple fix for this issue, no googling, no download, no installation needed:

1. Get your Kalway 10.5.1 DVD and put it into the drive

2. Run the Kext Helper b7 in Applications

3. Open a finder, goto the disc/System/Library/Extensions

4. Select the AppleIntelGMA950.kext and AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext

5. Drag and Drop into the Kext Helper

6. Install it and reboot.

7. Cross your finger now!

Well I did the 10.5.3 complete with the mod kernel and I now I can't boot unless I write "update -v" at the bootloader. I had JaS 10.4.8 upgraded with ToH 10.5.0 and everything was working flawlessly. My system specs are as follows:

Biostar P4M80-M7 Mobo

Pentium 4HT 3.06 Ghz socket 775

Nvidia GForce 6200 256 Mb AGP

1 Gb RAM

Can anybody help please?

Thanks

EDIT: It appears that I fixed it, I deleted "mach_kernel", made a copy of "update" and renamed it "mach_kernel" and now I can boot again. I don't know what I did wrong but my hack is working again with 10.5.3 kernel 9.3.0

I'm still getting "Still waiting for root device" as well as

"com.apple.driver.appleacpiplatform" has immediate dependencies on both com.apple.kernel and com.apple.kpi components;

I've tried repairing permissions and swapping out dif appleacpiplatform.kext files and no luck.

Here is a screen shot of my boot screen.

IMG_1458.jpg

I know others have had issues with the "Still waiting for root device" since 10.5.3. Has anyone found a solution?

I'm still getting "Still waiting for root device" as well as

"com.apple.driver.appleacpiplatform" has immediate dependencies on both com.apple.kernel and com.apple.kpi components;

I've tried repairing permissions and swapping out dif appleacpiplatform.kext files and no luck.

Here is a screen shot of my boot screen.

I know others have had issues with the "Still waiting for root device" since 10.5.3. Has anyone found a solution?

Did you replace these files as referenced in multiple threads about these problems?

AppleAHCIPort.kext

IOAHCIFmaily.kext

IOATAFamily.kext

- I updated with this one.

- Lost QE and CI support.

- Installed NVkush from http://diabolik1605.com/DHF/

- Removed NVinject.kext from extensions folder.

- Rebooted and typed -f -v

- QE and CI came back.

Hey Parachute Thanks So Much For Sharing This File, This Tutorial Works Great ,,, And Thank You Again For Finding a Solution For This Problem That It Was Driving Me Insane Jjejejeje , My Pics And Movies Came Back To Life With ''Hardware Accelerated'' Now . :)

Well I did the 10.5.3 complete with the mod kernel and I now I can't boot unless I write "update -v" at the bootloader. I had JaS 10.4.8 upgraded with ToH 10.5.0 and everything was working flawlessly. My system specs are as follows:

Biostar P4M80-M7 Mobo

Pentium 4HT 3.06 Ghz socket 775

Nvidia GForce 6200 256 Mb AGP

1 Gb RAM

Can anybody help please?

Thanks

EDIT: It appears that I fixed it, I deleted "mach_kernel", made a copy of "update" and renamed it "mach_kernel" and now I can boot again. I don't know what I did wrong but my hack is working again with 10.5.3 kernel 9.3.0

Can you sleep and wake from sleep?

Installed the update from Kalyway 10.5.2 to 10.5.3. Went smooth and runs fine. The only issue so far is my Xbench scores are about 25% lower. Scores are down slightly pretty much across the board, graphics card scores way down??

Cumbrian

GA 965p-DS3-Rev3 Motherboard.

Asus Nvidia GeForce 6200 Turbo Graphics card.

Seagate SATA 250 Gig HD

4 Gig RAm, (MaxMem=3)

Anybody has issues with USB? my USB devices don't get recognized when I plug them in with the computer on. The only way to see them on the desktop is to boot with the devices plugged in and turned on, I'm beggining to think that I did something terribly wrong or that my hardware is not compatible with this release.

Any ideas?

Thanks

~fagosu

The only issue so far is my Xbench scores are about 25% lower.

I wouldn't worry about that. XBench scores are basically a meaningless metric. Does the system feel slower or faster? Also, I find that after a OS update it takes the machine a few hours to come back up to full speed. Don't know why exactly, I guess things need to get re cached and stuff.

I wouldn't worry about that. XBench scores are basically a meaningless metric. Does the system feel slower or faster? Also, I find that after a OS update it takes the machine a few hours to come back up to full speed. Don't know why exactly, I guess things need to get re cached and stuff.

Yeah the system feels fine, pretty much all of the hit in xbench was in the openGL test. One issue is though my Toast 8 has quit working, will not fire up? Uninstalled and reinstalled it but no go?

Thanks.....Cumbrian.

GA 965p-DS3-Rev3 Motherboard.

Asus Nvidia GeForce 6200 Turbo Graphics card.

Seagate SATA 250 Gig HD

4 Gig RAm, (MaxMem=3)

Sooo nice to see something working so well!

Many thanks!

Update went well, and now all my problems are solved (I had huge problems with my VGA).

I chose vanilla kernel, in machine on signature.

:wallbash:

Just wanted to chime in with another update success. Followed Kalyway's instructions and the update with vanilla went without a hitch. We did lose QE/CI though. We were able to fix that quick like with NVinstaller v.52, so, no harm/no foul. Everything seems to be running great so far.

Thanks again to everybody who's work makes this possible.

Bif