X700 and other PCIE ATI Radeon finally work

koverg

923 posts in this topic

Hey Koverg Bro. (or anyone who can help)

I have been trying all of the Callisto Koverg and Katana, all patches for last month or so and I haven't had any success on getting QE or CI.. I have an ati mobility radeon x300 (5460) and i am on 10.4.8. (inspiron 9300)

I have tried updating using the Hext editor, copied 9700.kext atiradeonGA.plugin after changing the device id in both the files and then added the Callisto.kext CallistoHAL.kext (the later gives sometimes blank some times blue and sometimes wierd screens and gets stuck on it) in the end i've installed katana to be able to change my resolution, thats basiscally the only good thing about my graphics card on osx so far..

Please help me, i will appreciate it. Thanks a lot.

Regards.

;) It works perfectly on my Inspiron 8600 (ati 9600 mobility) but how do I change the screen res? I stucked with 1280*1024

Sorry about the newbie question.

Rob

:dance_24: It works perfectly on my Inspiron 8600 (ati 9600 mobility) but how do I change the screen res? I stucked with 1280*1024

Sorry about the newbie question.

Rob

I have tubgirl 10.4.8 and a ATI X700 pci-express and have tried the various methods koverg and ATIScript.z0rz.v0.2. I get my 1440x900 res with cal08 but no QE/CI. If I try to enable framebuffer the os hangs on boot. 10.4.8 was my first install so I don't have access to any earlier kexts. I get crashes when I try to use VLC.

Any ideas?

well, i also got an x700 pro 5e4b 128 ram, i remembr that i installed osx86 alot of time in the pass 10.4.4/5/6/7 but never manage to get full QE or CI... cuz sumtimes it worked and some times it dont... and lock it up on reboot, never find out how to solve the problem...

Hello to all, you pardon my English, is very bad.

I have a card Radeon X550 ID (5b63).

And I am running the ISO 10.4.8 Jas Intel & AMD.

After proving the Koverg-patch, callisto and finally ATIScript.z0rz.v0.2, I have not been able to have activated QE/CI, always appear to me “incompatible”.

With ATIScript.z0rz.v0.2 I have proven all the options. cal3… cal8 1 0, cal3… cal8 1 1

The option that better result has given me has been I sweat

./doe.sh cal8 0x0x0 1 1

Since with this option it detects the screen to me like C551, whereas in the other methods it does not detect it. That but I can prove?

That I can do? Thanks, and pardon again by my English.

Summary graphical:

Radeon X550 (PCIE):

Modelo de chipset: Radeon X550 (PCIE)

Tipo: Pantalla

Bus: PCIe

VRAM (total): 256 MB

Fabricante: ATI (0x1002)

ID del dispositivo: 0x5b63

ID de la revisi—n: 0x0000

Pantallas:

C551:

Resoluci—n: 1024 x 768 @ 60 Hz

Profundidad: Color de 32 bits

Core Image: Incompatible

Pantalla principal: S’

Duplicado: Desactivado

En l’nea: S’

Quartz Extreme: Incompatible

Hello to all again ..... I follow with the search of activation of QE/CI for the X550, and searching carefully, reading, and publishing archives, I have reached the following conclusion.

In order to be able to activate QE/CI Coverg is used, but in the thread that has Koverg in the insanelyMacForum, it indicates that it is for using in versions 10.4.3 to 10.4.6 So after as much proving, it is that if I have installed 10.4.8 it does not work.

The problem this in which the Ati9700.kext file that it has the ISO 10.4.8 is different from which they use the other ISOS, since I have published the file and I have searched carefully by all sides the text to modify, 3D 5B 60 00 00, which is had to replace by 3D xx xx 00 00, (where xx xx are the identifier of our card), and is that this line or text does not appear by any side.

In fact when I make the patch, when it finishes installing it, this it indicates “0 Matches”, with which in fact it means that there are no coincidences and the patch has not been applied.

So now I have a doubt. If change the Kext which I have right now, that belongs to the 10.4.8, by the Kext of a ISO 10.4.6, (that is completes version commented in the forum), Civil employee? or daria some problem?

Thanks and I wait for your answers, meanwhile I am in search of this kext, small change, not to have to unload no ISO.

Hello again to all, already I have tested with the Kext´s of version 10.4.6 and it does not work, good, either it does another thing to me, that is not just like not to work….

In fact the black screen remains, and the mouse sees itself. In order to return to recover the writing-desk, it initiates in safe mode, and in atiradeon9700GA.plugin it modifies in the Info.plist the line where is the CallistoFB by IonDrvFrameBuffer, it reinitiates and ready, volvi to have the writing-desk, but without acceleration.

So I arranged myself to initiate a new search by the forums to see if it found the solution to this problem, since something habia seen.

And I found the solution in this http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...rt=&do=findComment&comment=317988

Thread Well, solution there given is for X600, but in view of that process is he himself for these cards that stops the X550, I arranged to try to modify archives that habia in package, so that instead of using YOU GO 3150 that is the one that uses the X600, used YOU GO 5b63 that is the one that uses the X550.

The archives without modifying you have in this

http://www.box.net/public/kd5ulo8u6h

Connection The file that I have modified so that the X550 recognizes is the pertaining one to ISO 10.4.8 well, if somebody this interested in ISO 10.4.7 that me it says it and I explain the made steps to him.

Here a connection to the file:

http://rapidshare.com/files/20058050/Todo_X550.zip.html

Here Another one:

http://www.megaupload.com/es/?d=0EYSZ1OF

I hope that it serves to you just as to my.

A greeting to all.

I have to say that for the X550 it works correctly, activating QE/CI but much I am afraid that I do not have OpenGL.

If there is somebody it knows like activating this…. Thanks.

Koverg,

I am running 10.4.8 (semthex 8.8.1)

When I attempt to apply your patch (patch9700-v0.2) , it says "0 matches".

Can you provide any more detail regarding what the patch is patching (i.e., to allow patching of perhaps newer releases)?

I have my x700 Pro AGP working but without qe/ci (which I understand your patch enables).

Thanks!

Hi people !!

I'm new on this forum and also new in osx86 world... I saw that many people had problems with ATI X700 Mobility card, and I'm posting here today to share my experience.

I have an Asus notebook (V6Va) with X700 Mobility (Devide ID 5652). Since several days I tried to install OSX 10.4.8 JaS on it. No problems at first sight... Except with graphics... I couldn't have QE and CI enabled. I used the script that zOrz made (see the forum) and tried all possible combinations with koverg patch and callisto... It didnt work.

But I found a way to get QE and CI... What I did is applying the zOrz script with these parameters : ./doe.sh none 1280x1024x32 1 0 ; which means no callisto and only apply koverg patch. After reboot of the machine QE and CI still not enabled...

Now just take a look at the file /System/Library/Extensions/ATIRadeon9700.kext/Contents/Info.plist

In it, go here to the key <key>IOPCIMatch</key> In the <string> just after you'll see all sorts of references 0x4A.... and at a time a single "0x56". Just modify it in "0x56521002" (this is for me with ID 5652), save and reboot. Chech your system profiler and normally QE and CI will be enabled...

It worked for me and I hope this could be useful for some people here...

Cheers

The readme says edit the MacOS/Info.plist

There is no Info.plist under MacOS

So I just copied the Info.plist from ATIRadion9700.kext/Contents/Info.plist and pasted into the MacOS folder

System profiler afterwards still says Core Image and Quartz Extreme not supported. Reboot came up with black screen and mouse arrow. I rebooted in safe mode and delted a bunch of ATIRadeon kext directories. Rebooted again and now see screen. I do see the mouse graphic glitch though.

BTW, I'm using ATI X300 with 128MB RAM

YEEEEEEEEEEESSS!!!

finally my f*c*ing card work well

i have a 5e4d ati x700 pro sapphire and now it work with qe/ci and with full resolution and refresh's switching

i've installed koverg patch 0.2

settings of script are: ./doe.sh cal6 0x0x0 1 1

then i followed killuminiiou's method in the previous post and i' ve modified /System/Library/Extensions/ATIRadeon9700.kext/Contents/Info.plist

were i've changed 0x5e with 0x5e4d1002 where 5e4d is my device number and 1002 in italian is "fornitore" in english i think it is "vendor".

then i repaired permissions.

now i has some mouse artifacts and i'm searching for a solution

i hope that this can help someone

p.s.:i'm running jas amd 10.4.8 with semthex 8.8.1 kernel

• 1 month later...

ok, you can see what im running from my signature, what i need help with is also labeled.. sorry if i sound a little on the angry or demanding side but iv been trying to get this working for a while.... i installed 10.4.7 and thought eveything was fine.. the sound worked and the display seemd right, but when i went to change the resolution to 1280x1024 there was no option for it.. just need a bit of help to get this working.. been looking through the thread for x800 but its so long..... any ideas or fixes??

as noted in my sig, i have an All-In-Wonder X800XL 256MB

• 1 month later...

Hello, I have tried your patch for getting the x700 ati 256mb device id 5e4b to work. Everytime i try and edit the ktext and save it and then repair permissions, i boot to a blank screen having to full format again.

do you have an easier "how to" step by step or even a single file that will do everything for me

im running JaS 10.4.8 (i think)

my device id for my PCIe x700 pro 256mb is 5e4b

any help?

Hello, I have tried your patch for getting the x700 ati 256mb device id 5e4b to work. Everytime i try and edit the ktext and save it and then repair permissions, i boot to a blank screen having to full format again.

do you have an easier "how to" step by step or even a single file that will do everything for me

im running JaS 10.4.8 (i think)

my device id for my PCIe x700 pro 256mb is 5e4b

any help?

YAA i have that same card. but seems that the guy that posted this patch has the same card as us.

but everytime i run the patch, and edit the Radeon9700.kext i boot in normal mode, but it never makes it past

the black screen and to the login window NEVER

ive been working on this all day.. im dieing to figure it out

deviceID= 5e4b!!!!!!!!!

to the posters above me. Its

cal3 0x0x0 2 1

thats the combination you use for the callisto and koverg patch. i have the same exact card, and thats what works for me. No QE or Ci support yet i dont think. koverg has the card and he doesnt even have qe and ci working on it. so there you have it, enjoy. and i use my onbaord card to patch the device id. and then boot with the x700 card.

Have fun kids