X700 and other PCIE ATI Radeon finally work

koverg

923 posts in this topic

Well QE/CI Working with an x800GTO2 (ID: 554D), it seems I needed to reboot into Mac Natively to see the change rather than VMWare. Thanks for the great patch Koverg!

The resolution switch didn't seem to work for me (need 1440x900) will look into Castillo as soon as the site is back up but thanks for QE and CI!

//Xeijin

Well, well, well...

First things first. I have a 10.4.7 which I have updated from 10.4.4. I have kept (as you should) all the extensions from 10.4.4 (I think 10.4.5 are ok too). So what I did was installing the intel10.4.7comboupdate and replacing the backup of the Extensions folder I did from the 10.4.4.

Then I installed the callisto 003-006 (all worked), I changed ATIRadeon9700GA.plugin IOProviderClass line from IONDRVFramebuffer to CallistoFB and finally applied the koverg patch. With this you should get QE/CI Enabled with great accelaration (you can test the speed of screensavers... and check the About this mac).

The problem is, of corse, I just can manage the 1024x768 resolution.

The Architect: I haven't heard the problem of the fashion color squares in a while... Try the Problems after Koverg patch forum (I bet you already did) http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=16246.

Habib... did you lose your installation because of 008? Try " -s " option at startup, then write " mount -uw / " then go to " /System/Library/Extensions" and delete CallistoHAL.kext and Callisto.kext ( or just rm callisto* ), then copy the 006 callisto files, give the correct permitions like this " chown -R root:whell Callisto* " and " chmod -R 755 Callisto* " now remove /System/Library/Extensions.mkext and Extensions.kextcache, you can also remove /Library/Preferences/com.apple.windowserver.plist ... well this should do it...

If you didn't need this... I am sorry for just being boring.

And finaly and want to AVE and congratulate hay11... That is absolutely beatiful... That is the vision we all want to have... So... How on earth did you do it? (You know we would ask don't you Mr. Look at this...). Anyway if you can pull us out, we will love for the rest of our lifes... (Ok at least for a couple of hours)...

Thanks to you all

Pedro

Hey, hay11 I've noticed that your screenshot reports a PCI Bus... Mine correctly displays a PCIe ... Do you have any ideia why?

Thanks

Pedro

hey,Pedro Moreno Rosado .

i see the diffrent when u notice me .

it must be a mistake by acer.

i had resetup xp ,when i see u words.

in the XP the system said...that PCI bus...

acer is a Great swindler.......f u ckkkk.....

post-44737-1154566418_thumb.jpg

I have tried to understand why i can't have a 1280x800 resolution with my x600. I currently use Callisto 006 on a Mac 10.4.6 version. I have caught my laptop LCD screen parameters under Linux to have right vertical and horizontal hardware frequencies.

Then I have tried to change the refresh rates found by the callisto driver under Mac OS using different tools: DisplayConfigX and others… I needed to reboot a few times and without any interesting changes… just crashes (blue screen like the desktop with nothing on and no mouse).

If I have well understood what happen, it seems that the Callisto driver do not allow the right refresh rate for my LCD screen which is “special”. This would be one reason why we can’t adjust display without having bloody horizontal lines ?!

My LCD screen refresh rates are:

=> 1280x800, 68.9Hz 1280 1301 1333 1408 800 804 808 816 <=

For more informations on this parameter interpretation, go there :

http://www.3dexpress.de/#FAQ

in the section “How can I enter X11 modelines?”

In conclusion, I think the problem come from the Callisto screen capabilities detection plus the screen refresh rate, not from the ATI card support (0x5653) because some lucky can have 1280x800 resolution without any problem !

I have a soluton for those who entered device id into Info.plist, and than OS booting but blank screen.

I had to patch the ATIRadeon9700 binary image, because there was a check in the code for specific device ids.

So it is not enough to put device id into the Info.plist we also need slight mod to the driver code.

Screenshots

**** EDIT ****

I have summarized the reports here for those who do not want to read the whole thread.

The patch is here: http://www.load.to/?d=Ji8ppJBezM

Alternate location: http://www.yourfilelink.com/get.php?fid=91429

The patch is for enabling QE and CI (and of course OpenGL) on ATI PCIe cards.

It works on 10.4.3 - 10.4.6.

Some mouse artifacts may appear, Mousepose fixes this problem. I did not try it yet.

It is not confirmed but i strongly beleave it will work only for PCIe cards.

The screen resolution and the refresh rate will not be selectable with this patch. (Use the good old method...)

Do not use VMWARE to determine device id. If you are under Windows use ATITool to get correct device id (always use the first device if you have dual display adapter)

The working cards (plese send device id if possible!!!)

+5b63 Sappire Radeon x550

+5e4b AsusEAX700 Pro 256mb / and of cource my MSI X700 Pro 128MB

+???? x800gt

+???? x300 mobility

+???? x700 mobility

+5653 x700 mobility

+???? GigabyteX800XL ViVo

+???? x740

+5460ATI Radeon x300 Mobility

+3150 ATI mobility Radeon x600

+???? X300 on Thinkpad T43

+???? ATI Radeon x800

+554f ATI X800 PCIe 128M

+554b ATI X800GT

The non working cards:

-5A62 ATI x200 integrated graphics (no R300 chipset)

-5d52 x850xt

-5d52 ???

-5E4B X740 (this sould work, please retry)

-5a61 x200 (reported by gregknac, thanks!)

Cheers!

Features people miss:

- resolution change

- secondary VGA output

- refresh rate change

- mouse artifact

Got club3D Radeon x800XL whit DevID "554d" and Do all what you sad and the problem is when I restart got 16bit color vert lines??? WTF!????? is that!!

waiting for better solution, got NVIDIA 6600GT too works perfectly BUT!!! no QE and CI!!!! F***K

No giving up!!! need QE and CI for FCP

And where is that "Omni driver"??? Some point at.. where to get IT???

THANKS(FROM SHADOW) :-)

I have a Sapphire x700Pro 256mb PCI-E (5e4b). I ran the first and 2nd step succesfully, but for the step where you have to open info.plist in the radeon9700.ktext or whatever, there is no info.plist file in the macOS folder, there is an info.plist file in the parent directory of that however. What should I do?

I´ve at moment my ATI Mobility x700 ID:5652 get to work. But I hope, that Callisto or somebody else would find a solution for the flickering Bug in resolutions above 1024x768.

My way to get it to this state:

I´ve installed the AMD.Radeon Mobility Package from my 10.4.6 install DVD.

After that, I extracted these files from original 10.4.5 Intel Update:

All ATI*.kext

AppleIntegratedFramebuffer.kext

IONDRVSupport.kext

and

/System/Libary/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework

first I tried only the kovergpatch 0.2 and have done excatly the instructions described in his README.

After reboot I get QE/CI working in 1400x1050, but with sometimes crambled new windows.

Now I´ve installed Callisto b006, described in the 800XL Howto, without the Hex-editing part.

That was it for me, but I´ve already the horzontal lines in my default resolution of 1680x1050.

post-48024-1154770225_thumb.png

I have a 5652 ATI X700 Mobility and I'm getting the flickering horizontal lines that people seem to be talking about on here. I've tried every version of the Callistos, and combinations of the koverg+callisto as well.

I just got the 10.4.7 update so I'll try that tomorrow morning.

Hii... i have an Asus A6J witt intel core duo 1.83 , and ATI X1600...

I have tried to install the hottiso 10.4.6 Mac OSX but i have not been able to get it to work. The install worked fine but the boot fails... So I wonder if you guys managed to get it to work how you did it.

Thanks a lot / Jennifer

• 2 weeks later...

Update:

Ok I found a lad who got the similar case with me (equilibriumuk Posted on: Jul 8 2006, 12:09 PM) . then I followed his steps replace the bundles and frameworks, then reboot.

YES!!!!! I got my CI & QE supported now.

However!!!! here comes a new problem to me. Now whenever I move the dialogue box (say Finder box), the box changes into colors just like the messy color boxes i saw in the black screen!!!!

does anyone has the same problem with me and got a solution for that?

Patch + edit of info.plist NOT WORKING on Radeon X850XT PCI-E, with device ID of 5D4D.

My machine seems permanently stuck in verbose boot mode, even before I tried the patch. Here's what I get:

The machine seems to boot fine, but when it gets to the end of the booting sequence and lists my Ethernet MAC address, it stops. All the text from Darwin stays onscreen, but I also get a mouse pointer, which I can move freely.

Nothing else happens.

I'm going to install Callisto drivers and see what happens, but I'm not too optimistic. I don't really see ever being able to get QE, CI, and OpenGL on my card.

Oh, well. Without a fully working video card (and sound, which I'm never going to get either [Creative card]) OSX is just a novelty thing. *shrug*

Oh well.... i have same problems here... with x700 id5652... i don't think we are getting this stuff 100% correctly to work... but thats my need for FCP :censored2:

(i think the only way to get this stuff correctly and sweet working... go there and buy a macbook... #confused#)

i think the only way to get this stuff correctly and sweet working... go there and buy a macbook...

I'm actually leaning more and more toward doing just that. Apple should be paying people like JaS and Myzar. People install it on their PCs and can't get incompatible hardware working. So they go buy a MacBook.

The OSX86 Project in general is increasing Apple's sales.

well, um let me guess why, umm, cause its incompatible XD.

My rig is fully working but im still gonna buy mac, not beacuse of this project.

for the guy with FCP, get a X1600. they work gr8.

X1600 ?? i'm having an Samsung r50 Notebook... i think theres no possibility to change the graphic...

um.... an other thing:

yesterday i tried to test a patch... i saw the Device Id was 5652 now my device id is 5653?? this {censored} is confusing me more and more... please let macbooks rain... :)