X700 and other PCIE ATI Radeon finally work

koverg

923 posts in this topic

Its all here

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=30084

Just follow the instructions in the package and use the combination i specified in the earlier post.

Just Read :angry::thumbsdown_anim:

Edit

And like i was saying before, if your x700 card wont let you boot into osx after you finish installing it, then the method i used was to boot with my OLD onboard graphics card. its just a gray white and black display but at least i could actually see SOMETHING to be able to type in the command in the terminal. I dont know if your able to to run those commands without having to login to os x at least once..

Good luck to you, ill keep an eye out for this thread everynow and then.

• 1 month later...

I've gone through pages of posts about improving the resolution of the ATI Radeon X700 (5653) but I'm still confused if there is a method of getting any resolution better than 1024x768 for my Acer Travelmate 4600 running uphuck 10.4.9. I'd really appreciate any advice.

I've gone through pages of posts about improving the resolution of the ATI Radeon X700 (5653) but I'm still confused if there is a method of getting any resolution better than 1024x768 for my Acer Travelmate 4600 running uphuck 10.4.9. I'd really appreciate any advice.

You need to take ownership read/write of system/Library/Extensions/callistohal.kext/contents/info.plist

You need to change the value par default in this info.plist with the value of your card 5653 in your case

Repair permisions and restart

Maybe you receive a Advice ...callistohal.kext can not....

After this run terminal and :

sudo mv Callisto* /System/Library/Extensions/

sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/Callisto*

sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/Callisto*

sudo rm -f /Library/Preferences/com.apple.window*

sudo rm -f ~/Library/Preferences/ByHost/com.apple.window*

sudo rm -f ~/Library/Preferences/ByHost/com.apple.pref*

sudo rm /System/Library/Extensions.mkext

sudo rm /System/Library/Extensions.kextcache

Restart

Now you can change resolution, in my case X600 mobility runs ok!

ATi Mobility Radeon x600SE Pro, device-id 0x3150.

Worked very well, running on 1440x900x32 with QE and CI!

Chipsetmodel: Radeon Mobility X600SE Pro (PCIE)

Type: Beeldscherm

Bus: PCI

Sleuf: PCI

VRAM (totaal): 256 MB (max. gedeeld 512 MB)

Fabrikant: ATI (0x1002)

Apparaatcode: 0x3150

Revisiecode: 0x0000

Beeldschermen:

Kleuren-LCD:

Resolutie: 1440 x 900 @ 60 Hz

Diepte: 32-bits kleur

Core Image: Ondersteund [Dutch for supported]

Hoofdbeeldscherm: Ja

Synchrone weergave: Uit

On line: Ja

Quartz Extreme: Ondersteund [Dutch for supported]

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone!Ive got the X700 PRo and maybe some1 can help me sending the .kext beacause my coding is not that good.My Card info: Type: Display Bus: PCIe VRAM (Total): 256 MB Vendor: ATI (0x1002) Device ID: 0x5e4b Revision ID: 0x0000 Kernel Extension Info: No Kext LoadedThanks for all the help!Ohh...by the way...Im runing JaS 10.4.8 Upgraded to 10.4.10

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
My Radeon x600 PCIe works like a charm, thanx koverg. By this time everything seems to work including wifi. My computer is an HP zd8000 laptop

The only thing missing now is the freaking resolution. I want to set 1440x900x32 but no luck, stuck at 1024x768. My drivers are vesa 2.

Honestly, will there ever b a solution 4 this issue....., is there a way to make it work.

A lot of discussions about this issue is floating around in this forum. Is anybody close to resolve this.

I got the Resolution through using Callisto Drivers.. But for some reason.. I can't get the Core and stuff working.. ANyone have any info on the Callisto COre With Koverg? And how to get it to work??

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
YEEEEEEEEEEESSS!!!

finally my f*c*ing card work well

i have a 5e4d ati x700 pro sapphire and now it work with qe/ci and with full resolution and refresh's switching

i've installed koverg patch 0.2

settings of script are: ./doe.sh cal6 0x0x0 1 1

then i followed killuminiiou's method in the previous post and i' ve modified /System/Library/Extensions/ATIRadeon9700.kext/Contents/Info.plist

were i've changed 0x5e with 0x5e4d1002 where 5e4d is my device number and 1002 in italian is "fornitore" in english i think it is "vendor".

then i repaired permissions.

now i has some mouse artifacts and i'm searching for a solution

i hope that this can help someone

p.s.:i'm running jas amd 10.4.8 with semthex 8.8.1 kernel

Please help me I have a 5e4d ati x700 pro sapphire too. How do you do koverg patch 0.2?

and settings of script are: ./doe.sh cal6 0x0x0 1 1 ?

Hello genius people,

I am trying to get my graphics card working with Zephroth's AMD 10.5.1 Leopard (Particularly QE/CI)

System details are as follows: Asus A8N SLI with AMD Dual Core X2 4600, 4GB RAM

Graphics card is: Sapphire ATI Radeon X800GT (DEV_0x554B)

As I'm sure it's obvious to anyone that knows anything about this, I don't really know what I'm doing. Just finding my way in the dark (well still not really finding my way yet!) I need the relevant drivers for OSX Leopard (not Tiger), but upon searching the forums (and wiki) for days & hours, I still cant find anything of relevance to my problem.

Anyone kind enough to to take pity on and help a fellow hackintosher in bad need of some assistance? Maybe even help me out with this issue?...

Cheers guys, your all legends in my eyes,

P.S. Thanks to everyone concerned for all your hard work :)

• 1 month later...