X700 and other PCIE ATI Radeon finally work

koverg

923 posts in this topic

hi,

ive got an mobility radeon x700 with 64mb vram in my laptop... (im installing tubgirl 10.4.10 mac os on it atm) could patching it cause os x not to boot again? ( i dont want to destroy my system before trying it out :P ) anyway i have the problem it gets extremely slow if it gets too hot i dont know how to fix it i hope you can help me with that problem later... ;) i think it will be pretty easy...

Hi chricco,

how did You manage it?

Send me pls a short description for JaS 10.4.8 (ATI x700 (5653), qe/ci working)

TNX

Hi guys, is it possible qe / ci working on 10.4.11 with an ATI x700 (5653) ?

I've qe ci only with 10.4.8 and 10.4.9, then when i update i lost both.

I'm sorry for my english.

I wish to know if is possible to abilitate them.

• 1 month later...

Hello.

Is there any way to write down the way for x700 mobility 265mb ram (5653) version cuz all I get is the vesa 3 native resolution(1024* )?!?

I tried almost everything.I'm currently running Zaph's Leo 10.5.2 amd version on my sony vaio.This thing can spit out 1900x1400 res under windows and It's would be nice to get it running better under LEO :) ...tanx guys...E

• 2 weeks later...

hi,

ive tried to run the patch today... everything seems to be working fine, but after a reboot i still get no qe/ci support for my mobility x700

could anyone plz send me the ATIRadeon9700.kext? ive tried the one from leopard and the one from 10.4.10_disabled folder... anyone had success with mobility x700 on 10.4.10 yet?

thx in advance.

Hi all!

I know that koverg patch is not correct for X700-X800 because it intended for RV380 but not for R400 and up.

It is better to make the follow

Extract file ATIRadeon9700.kext/Contents/MacOS/ATIRadeon9700 to any place you like.

Make the follow in terminal

perl -pi -e 's|\x66\x3d\x4e\x4a|\x66\x3d\x53\x56|g' ATIRadeon9700

perl -pi -e 's|\x66\x3d\x48\x4a|\x66\x3d\x53\x56|g' ATIRadeon9700

I assume DevID=5653 - last digits in the string in reverse order.

You need to do both commands!

In some versions of ATIRadeon9700 it is not work. In this case you need other commands

perl -pi -e 's|\x3d\x4e\x4a\x00|\x3d\x53\x56\x00|g' ATIRadeon9700

perl -pi -e 's|\x3d\x48\x4a\x00|\x3d\x53\x56\x00|g' ATIRadeon9700

Then replace original file with patched, repair permissions and try!

Also write your DeviceID into info.plist

Be sure that you have GA.plugin with

<dict>
	<key>IOProviderClass</key>
	<string>IOFramebuffer</string>
</dict>

in it's info.plist

I've still got problems getting QE to be supported on my machine with the ATI X550. I was able to get CI active under Zephyroth's 10.5.2 distro using the Koverg patch and Callisto003,but QE still is not supported. What else what I need to do?

Meistersinger

My rig:

Asus A8V-VM SE

2 GB Memory

ATI X550 PCI-e with 256mb memory

AMD 64x2 3800+

I have Ati Xpress 200 (X200 device ID : 5a61 - 5a33 ) and tried to put ATIRadeon9700.kext as mentionned also, and put also ATISlice.kext. Modified it according to the thread, and modified also Callisto.kext and deleted CallistoHAL.kext.

The system booted but once arrived at the GUI, i ended up with a screen of sort of coulours pixels, and screen also blinks. I don't know know if this is good news or not knowing that it did boot.

Is There something i could try on this?

I have Ati Xpress 200 (X200 device ID : 5a61 - 5a33 ) and tried to put ATIRadeon9700.kext as mentionned also, and put also ATISlice.kext. Modified it according to the thread, and modified also Callisto.kext and deleted CallistoHAL.kext.

The system booted but once arrived at the GUI, i ended up with a screen of sort of coulours pixels, and screen also blinks. I don't know know if this is good news or not knowing that it did boot.

Is There something i could try on this?

May be you try to help me to develop new driver?

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=91042

Does anybody here have an ATI Radeon Mobility X700 working properly under OS X 10.5.2 already?

I tried about everything I was able to find here and in a number of other forums, but without luck. So please, if there is somebody with a working solution, post it here! Which kexts are you using? How have you patched them???

Thank you so much!

Slice , i tried your new ATISlice_1 kext, and the result is quite the same as before. I have strange "pixelized" screen that comes up, and doesn't blink this time as opposed to the other ATISlice you proposed.

Keep us informed if there is a new idea!

Hi, I just bought a widescreen LG 19" monitor to go with my dell inspiron 6000 which has 64mb ATI radeon X300 graphic card. I need to set to screen to 1440x900 resolution which currently is not an option on my laptop. Would Callisto driver and Koverg Patch 9700 version 2 be able to help? Where can I download these patches?

:D please help!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I AM A COMPLETE APPLE N00B <------ just for info before i start ;)

I am having difficulty understanding everything being said in the forum if the truth be told, i have successfully installed leo4all v2 and i am very happy, what would make me extra happy is higher resolution on my ATI X700SE.

i have tried to follow koverg's install from page 1 of this thread without luck. My X700 reports is 0x5e4f so below is what i have tried.

-----------------------------

./patch9700.sh 5e 4f

Patching to device id: 0x5e4f

mkdir: /Users/xxxxx/Documents/originals: File exists

cp: /System/Library/Extensions/ATIRadeon9700.kext: No such file or directory

Reading from /Users/xxxxx/Documents/originals/ATIRadeon9700.kext/Contents/MacOS/ATIRadeon9700...

Error opening input file /Users/xxxxx/Documents/originals/ATIRadeon9700.kext/Contents/MacOS/ATIRadeon9700

------------------------------

As you can see it looks like i do not have the file ATIRadeon9700.kext in the correct folder, i have tried to find this on my system with no luck, can i get this from somewhere ?

I really hope someone can help me get this sorted, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

BlueSi :(

UPDATE : Forget all the above, finally got resolution changing with ATIScript.z0rz.v0.2

Regards,

BlueSi :)

• 1 month later...
Hi,

I AM A COMPLETE APPLE N00B <------ just for info before i start :P

I am having difficulty understanding everything being said in the forum if the truth be told, i have successfully installed leo4all v2 and i am very happy, what would make me extra happy is higher resolution on my ATI X700SE.

i have tried to follow koverg's install from page 1 of this thread without luck. My X700 reports is 0x5e4f so below is what i have tried.

-----------------------------

./patch9700.sh 5e 4f

Patching to device id: 0x5e4f

mkdir: /Users/xxxxx/Documents/originals: File exists

cp: /System/Library/Extensions/ATIRadeon9700.kext: No such file or directory

Reading from /Users/xxxxx/Documents/originals/ATIRadeon9700.kext/Contents/MacOS/ATIRadeon9700...

Error opening input file /Users/xxxxx/Documents/originals/ATIRadeon9700.kext/Contents/MacOS/ATIRadeon9700

------------------------------

As you can see it looks like i do not have the file ATIRadeon9700.kext in the correct folder, i have tried to find this on my system with no luck, can i get this from somewhere ?

I really hope someone can help me get this sorted, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

BlueSi :P

UPDATE : Forget all the above, finally got resolution changing with ATIScript.z0rz.v0.2

Regards,

BlueSi :)

Hi, I have the same gfx card with you:

X700 (256 MB)

Vendor: ATI (0x1002)

Device ID:0x5e4f

Did u manage to get the QE/CI to work?

i only can get the CI to work with software support. but not the QE.

Can anyone please help me in detail how to get the QE supported, n minimize the flickering?

i heard about changing the dotclock, can anyone help to guide me throu....

thanx.....

hey guys..

same issues: I have a ATI Radeon Sapphire x550 dev is 5b63....(cant start up a game, gives 3d acceleration errors)..

Managed to get 1280x1024 working by editing bootfile in terminal...

But i'm running Kalyway install 10.5.1....is there a patch or ANYTHING I can do for this version of OSX? pls hlp! ty

Nice work koverg. Can you also help me enabling my tv out on x1600 or any idea at all?

Thanks in advance. Keep up the good work!!!

Yours,

labraskal

I have a soluton for those who entered device id into Info.plist, and than OS booting but blank screen.

I had to patch the ATIRadeon9700 binary image, because there was a check in the code for specific device ids.

So it is not enough to put device id into the Info.plist we also need slight mod to the driver code.

Screenshots

**** EDIT ****

I have summarized the reports here for those who do not want to read the whole thread.

The patch is here: http://www.load.to/?d=Ji8ppJBezM

Alternate location: http://www.yourfilelink.com/get.php?fid=91429

The patch is for enabling QE and CI (and of course OpenGL) on ATI PCIe cards.

It works on 10.4.3 - 10.4.6.

Some mouse artifacts may appear, Mousepose fixes this problem. I did not try it yet.

It is not confirmed but i strongly beleave it will work only for PCIe cards.

The screen resolution and the refresh rate will not be selectable with this patch. (Use the good old method...)

Do not use VMWARE to determine device id. If you are under Windows use ATITool to get correct device id (always use the first device if you have dual display adapter)

The working cards (plese send device id if possible!!!)

+5b63 Sappire Radeon x550

+5e4b AsusEAX700 Pro 256mb / and of cource my MSI X700 Pro 128MB

+???? x800gt

+???? x300 mobility

+???? x700 mobility

+5653 x700 mobility

+???? GigabyteX800XL ViVo

+???? x740

+5460ATI Radeon x300 Mobility

+3150 ATI mobility Radeon x600

+???? X300 on Thinkpad T43

+???? ATI Radeon x800

+554f ATI X800 PCIe 128M

+554b ATI X800GT

The non working cards:

-5A62 ATI x200 integrated graphics (no R300 chipset)

-5d52 x850xt

-5d52 ???

-5E4B X740 (this sould work, please retry)

-5a61 x200 (reported by gregknac, thanks!)

Cheers!

Features people miss:

- resolution change

- secondary VGA output

- refresh rate change

- mouse artifact

• 1 month later...

Ok here is my issue let me start out by saying Mac? what is that, yeah this would be the first ever mac computer i have ever used, i get everything installed i am running the Radeon x700 AGP 5e4b id so i get everything up and running and the resolution works great from darwin boot, but what is the correct way to get it to boot up on its own running 1280x1024x32? i was trying to follow three other threads on altering the com.apple.boot.plist, and after i did that i got a hole boat load of Node errors and had to reinstall AGAIN! keep in mind i have been working on this since 8:00AM it is now 11:19PM and coming up on the end of my 6th or 7th reinstall (full format/reinstall) first ill say that the graphics are my main concern, but also is someone want to just pm me or something a link to the correct thread or the correct answer to why i get an error after updating software? like itunes/safari/Quicktime? i need to do this because of the app store.

Thanks for all your guys' help today, this form has really helped me out!

Did anyone know have an ATI Radeon Mobility X700 working properly under OS X 10.5.2 already?

This is display in my x86 (Jas 10.5.2) system profiler:

Type: Display

Bus: PCIe

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 128 MB

Vendor: ATI (0x1002)

Device ID: 0x5653

Revision ID: 0x0000

Kernel Extension Info: No Kext Loaded

Displays:

Display:

Resolution: 1024 x 768

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Software

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Not Supported

How can I did? Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
is there a kext for ati radeon x700 pci-e card (5e4b) For use with 10.5.2

same info needed here... has anyone got a working workaround (^^) for my x700:

ATI Mobility Radeon x700 (256 MB) Chip: 0x5653

OS X: Leo4All V3. (10.5.2 imho). My screen flickers after the successful installation of OS X.

Think i have the same problem as the Cal6 and Koverg patch did not seem to work....

My card is a ATI Mobility Radoem x700 (128 MB) chip:0x5653 on Leo4All V3 (10.5.2)

My screen flickers and scrolls like mad.

My Dot Clock is at 96210 (

Adding the amended patch (Ovof) turns the screen black.