X700 and other PCIE ATI Radeon finally work

koverg

923 posts in this topic

I used this patch, also it didn't do anything, for my x330. I haven't tried dual monitors yet. If you install the callisto patch and this patch, 008, the latest one, it will display in the preferences and in system profiler as an x300, with QE and CI working, and it will show PCIe instead of PCI, and you can change resolutions and everything. BUT you get mouse artificats like a {censored} and programs like sketchup that use opengl have some quirks. I guess nobody else owns this card. If you have just installed 10.4.6 and it doesn't show your ATI card in system profiler, but it does show that quartz extreme and CI are supported, these patches won't really make a difference for you.

It work for me, Koverg, thank you very much!!! My Card: X850 XTPE display like this:

Radeon X850 XT (AGP):

Chipset Model: Radeon X850 XT (AGP)

Type: Display

Bus: PCI

VRAM (Total): 256 MB

Vendor: ATI (0x1002)

Device ID: 0x4b4c

Revision ID: 0x0000

Displays:

Display:

Resolution: 1280 x 1024 @ 75 Hz

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Supported

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz 2D Extreme: Supported

Quartz Extreme: Supported

Now, I have only one Question: What the best way to fix Mouse tearing problem?

NEED HELP!!!

At first: I am a Mac-Noob...

I Patched my x700 (5653) of my Acer Aspire 1693 WLMi and I modded the com.apple.boot.plist with

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string>"Graphics Mode"="1024X786X32"</string>

But after rebooting I just got a lot of text, when I hit the keys sound was also working, but no GUI and I couldn't do anything at all.

Also booting in safe-mode with -x doesn't help anymore... still just text and no GUI...

Any idea??

THX A LOT!!!!

new_mac'ing: can you boot into single user mode (pass -s to the kernel)?

I have been trying to get a nice native 1280x800 Ql+Ce on my Acer 4102WLMi (X700 0x5653). Using a combination of Koverg 0.2 + Callisto b006, everything works (including Ql+Ce and obviously the mouse tearing ;D)... except for those awful horizontal flickering lines. The LCD's timings don't seem to be getting detected correctly.

Callisto b005 works in a similar manner (flickering lines). Callisto b003 does not detect my screen properly, and Callisto b008 results in a kernel panic... hence why I am using b006.

I am determined to get it working, but any ideas/pointers would be appreciated...

well sorry for my english...

i got this card

x700pro 128 mb Sapphire

Dev ID 5E4B, vendor ID 1002

i try this already:

auto pacher v2 // it hangs in -v mode put shows the cursor, i try it about 35 times always same result..

so i start to hexedite it be my self, but when stops boot it shows a msg that saids that the system extension cannot be load, anda somthing about going brong in the installation.. etc.. times always same result.. and damn im tired.... i dont know what to do next.. i got

- amd 3000+

- 2gb ram

- hotiso 10,4,6 DVD Tiger

wtf i do next, andy ideas?

I am having problems with my X600 it is a 5b62 card (ASUS). There is no luck with QE/CI, I am having a really hard time trying to get this to work. I have seen the wonderful graphics once or twice but never real working qe/ci help me out here I have use koverg and Callisto

You are FANTASTIC!

IT worked! No more blank screen!

Radeon X800 PRO AGP

DEVID: 4A49

Now the down side...No QE, CI, and its being reported as a PCI card.

Just wanted to update!

Chipset Model: Radeon X800PRO (AGP)

Type: Display

Device ID: 0x4a49

Displays:

Display:

Resolution: 1280 x 1024 @ 75 Hz

Core Image: Supported

Quartz Extreme: Supported

I don't know which steps made this work, but here is what I did that eventually allowed my to get QE/CI working just in case some other newbie like me gets stuck working on this for a week!:

- Installed AGPgart universal (found on site)

- Copied over the following files and replaced the ones on my HDD with them using Pacifist (despite the fact that this install CD is the same version as my install and the same disc I installed from):

**Note: I copied all files first to the desktop, then to their respective locations when extracting the kexts via Pacifist. I don't know if it makes a difference, but I figured I"d be thorough in explaining my steps.

----------- All ATI* files in /System/Library/Extensions/ (found on disc on ContentsOfOSInstall.mpkg -> ContentsOfEssentialSystemSoftware -> ContentsOfEssentialSystemSoftwareGroup -> Contents of Essentials -> System -> Library -> Extensions)

----------- OpenGL.framework in /System/Library/Frameworks found on disc on ContentsOfOSInstall.mpkg -> ContentsOfEssentialSystemSoftware -> ContentsOfEssentialSystemSoftwareGroup ->ContentsOfBasePackage -> System -> Library -> Frameworks )

I installed Callist b006 (didn't have luck with b008 or b003) and updated the new ATIRadeon9700GA.plugin using the method described in Calllisto, then I ran Disk Utilities -> Repair Permissions.

Hello to all.

I own myself an Acer Aspire 1694WMLMi with a ATI MOBILITY RADEON X700 PCIExpress with 128Mb (ID 5653).

Both koverg's patch's versions fails to me. In both cases lot's of rubish in the screen.

Does anyone has any solution?

I've used JaZ 10.4.6DVD

PS- Thanks JaZ and Koverg anyway :D

System not recognized my card model, but QE/CI working perfect. Sometimes mouse artifacts, most, when I rolling (mouse wheel) WWW - it really nervous me :/

XBench before Koverg's Patch 74 points, after installing 96 points - so, good results - THNX Koverg !!!

test was maded with Saphire Radeon x550 128mb/128bit 0x5b63 and my MoBo P5LD2

• 2 weeks later...

koverg,

Please bro help me, if its possible to patch my Ati x700se.

God Bless u bro. More power to you.

P.S.

Here's the spec of my video card

Display:

Type: VGA-Compatible Controller

Bus: PCIe

Slot: PCIE X16 SLOT

Device ID: 0x5e4f

Kernel Extension Info: No Kext Loaded

Displays:

Display:

Resolution: 1024 x 768

Core Image: Not Supported

Quartz Extreme: Not Supported

Help please, sorry about my englesh.

I traying for months to gat my ATI X600 MOBILITY V3200 working with CI/QE but no luck.

I wil bee greatful if someone give me detaled info how to make this work.

I try everithing and only thing i get is mest up picture http://tinyurl.com/z48lw witch post by exscape.

Thanks for help. :mellow:

I did not see anyone report thet this card working.

VRAM (Total): 128 MB

Device ID: 0x3154

Revision ID: 0x0080

Displays:

Display:

Resolution: 1600 x 1200

Windows info PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_3154&SUBSYS_05701014&REV_80\4&266C3FA7&0&0008

I am runing native 10.4.6 jass on my IBM ThinkPad T43p.

• 2 weeks later...

it is a radeon X700 SE.

Display:

Bus: PCIe

Slot: PCI1

Device ID: 0x5e4f

Displays:

Display:

Resolution: 1024 x 768

can somebody help me? my english is not good enough. So if you tell me what should I do to get this card work, it will be great.

thanks...

Would this work on an ATI Mobility Radeon 9700? That is my card on my Inspiron 9200. If not, would anyone know of any other that would work? Also, I need some help with changing resolution. Mine is 1440 X 900 and I tried to tweak my OSx86 by changing the resolution and I never was able to boot into OSx86; I had to reinstall the entire OS!

Thanks in advance..

P.S. I really want to try this out (my device id is 4E50) but have no idea what to do if it doesn't work and I won't be able to boot into OSx86 again. If someone could also inform me as to how to get back into OSx86 if the hack doesn't work

I know that this is quite a dumb question but as per Koverg's patch instructions, I am already lost at step 1: extract the archive. Extract it to where? I must be doing something wrong as I get an error when I type in the command on step 2.

Help from anyone please?