X700 and other PCIE ATI Radeon finally work

koverg

923 posts in this topic

I used the files that u sended me, i patched them and they work but without CI and QE and i cannot change my resolution. I have modified the com.apple.Boot.Info.plist with the Graphics Mode key and still have 1024x768.

The kext loads:

post-44161-1151492533_thumb.jpg

Maybe someone with his 5653 fully working could help me out? Please Reply or PM

• 2 weeks later...

I got this patch to work on 10.4.6 after a little bit of messing around.

At first as many others, all I was getting was a black screen after boot, then I was getting lots of coloured boxes :). In the end I replaced a few files with an older version (10.4.4).

Files I replaced:

/System/Library/Extensions/

ATIRadeon9700GA.plugin

ATIRadeon9700GLDriver.bundle

ATIRadeon9700VADriver.bundle

ATIRadeon9700DVDDriver.bundle

/System/Library/Frameworks/

OpenGL.framework

Quartz.framework

QuartzCore.framework

It all seems to load OK now, with QE and OpenGL support etc. The only problem I am having is changing the aspect ratio for the resolution.

I can change the res to 1280x1024x32 using an external monitor (as my laptop is only 1280x800x32) but I'm unable to get 1280x800x32 working. I tried using "DisplayConfigX" and it seems to change the res ok but it never makes it to the login screen. The cursor + blue screen appear but that's about all. So I guess for the moment I am stuck on 1024x768.

I also tried Callisto_b008 which seems to pickup the resolution etc but somehow seems to have the timings for the screen wrong? and also seems to crash. Callisto_b006 works ok on 1024x768 but there's no QE support.

I wonder if it's possible to edit the ati x800 drivers, probably won't make much difference to the aspect ratio problem tho ;)

equilibriumuk where did u get those files?? i'm on Mac OSX 10.4.3 the driver will work without change anything?? I also have an AC97 sound card, how did u get it work?? TNX

p.s. now i have to reinstall macosx, because it doesn't boot now...

ma-peters-computer:/System/Library/Extensions/ATIRadeon9700.kext peter$ ioreg -b -x -l|grep pci1002

| | | | "compatible" = <"pci1014,56e","pci1002,5460","pciclass,030000">

ma-peters-computer:/System/Library/Extensions/ATIRadeon9700.kext peter$

Please, i need your help!

I have a PCIE ATI Rareon X550 and i have the patch with ID 5b63. My problem, the configuration.

I do not know how to make the following steps (NO):

(YES) 1. Extract the archive.

(NO) 2. sudo ./patch9700.sh HI LO (where HI is the high byte in hex of your device id and LO is the low byte, e.g.: ./patch9700.sh 5e 4b if your device id is 0x5e4b)

(YES) 3. manually edit the /System/Library/Extensions/ATIRadeon9700.kext/Content/MacOS/Info.plist.

sudo nano -w /System/Library/Extensions/ATIRadeon9700.kext/Contents/Info.plist

then Ctrl + O to save the changes AND Ctrl + X to Exit

(YES) 4. Remove kextcache

sudo rm /System/Library/Extensions.kextcache

kextcache -k /System/Library/Extensions

(YES) 5. put your desire Res at "com.apple.Boot.plist" is not posible select at System Preferences

(YES) 6. Repair disk permissions with Disk Utility

(YES) 7. Finally reboot

Somebody that explains to me!!!!

:poster_oops:

(NO) 2. sudo ./patch9700.sh HI LO (where HI is the high byte in hex of your device id and LO is the low byte, e.g.: ./patch9700.sh 5e 4b if your device id is 0x5e4b)

For you, that line would be

sudo ./patch9700.sh 5b 63

Is there ANY chance of this working with an Xpress 200m? I would pay to get this stupid card to work..... would older kexts help? ( i dont have any to try though)

I have an Xpress 200m. The 008 did not work at all, black screen after boot. I then downloaded the 006 and it worked, but I can't change resolutions, or I get the black screen again and I have to boot in safe mode to get an interface. To add insult to injury I have to reset the kextcache every time I want to boot, otherwise I get "waiting for root device" ad nauseum. :bash: I wish I could fix that.

i have a radeon 9600se 128mb

id:4151

i installed callisto patch and worked fine for changing resolution but i try koverg patch for CI/QE and it doesn't work.

Anybody with this card or like this one?

Any other help is welcome

i have tried when installed callisto, but when i install koverg patch, i uninstalled callisto patch, but i don't try both patch at the same time. I'll try this today and later i'll post if this work or not.

Thanks jccool