1,156 posts in this topic

Anyone else having an issue with the latest hwsensor binaries release for Skylake processor/motherboard in OSX Sierra 10.12.5, system definition iMac 17,1 with the Asus Maximus Hero Alpha and Intel i7-6700k and with the newest release "HWSensors.6.25.1426.Binaries" my CPU temperatures are slowly getting higher and eventually over 90c. I replaced the binaries with version "HWSensors.6.23.1417.Binaries" two versions below and no issues, that build was released to support more skylake processors. Is the latest release not backward compatible for this motherboard/processor in OSX Sierra 10.12.5?

I have an i3-6100 and I have not issues with CPUSensors. Even it shows 33ºC if idle. The odd thing is that I can't control fan speed (but my motherboard has smart fan feature so isn't really an issue for me) because of unsupported SuperIO. If you have trouble with it, try to build the last source:

https://sourceforge.net/p/hwsensors/code/ci/master/tree/

Just open with Xcode and build.

I have an i3-6100 and I have not issues with CPUSensors. Even it shows 33ºC if idle. The odd thing is that I can't control fan speed (but my motherboard has smart fan feature so isn't really an issue for me) because of unsupported SuperIO. If you have trouble with it, try to build the last source:

https://sourceforge.net/p/hwsensors/code/ci/master/tree/

Just open with Xcode and build.

I found the bug you must not be using a header designated "pump" for liquid coolers is why you do not see this issue!

https://github.com/kozlek/HWSensors/issues/363

• 1 month later...

To get my X299 rig to work I had to delete the plugins from fakesmc.

I'd love them back! I feel the need to keep tabs on this cpu as it can pull 300 watts at full load.

Is there any way I can help you guys with data to get it going?

This might be the first clue - a pic from a kernel panic before I deleted the plugins.

post-1564334-0-44534500-1502006632_thumb.jpg

I'd love them back! I feel the need to keep tabs on this cpu as it can pull 300 watts at full load.

This might be the first clue - a pic from a kernel panic before I deleted the plugins.

attachicon.gif20170806_083556.jpg

I think you are seeing this because CPUSensors.kext has no definition for you CPU yet. It is so new that hasn't been added. Try including the other kexts but not CPUSensors. This is the price of getting latest hardware haha. Just wait a little for the community to develop new kexts.

• Like 1

attachicon.gif20170806_083556.jpg

You could use a more recent FakeSMC.kext  ( 6.25.1426)  !

Yours is 6.16.1394  !  ^_^

HWSensors 6.25.1426
  • Like 1

Didn't make any difference.

It's ok, eventually it'll get going and now I have speedstep it's running really cool, so I'm not worried now :)

Do you use the plugins inside FakeSMC.kext ?

Stated by oSxFr33k #1136:

Apparently there is a bug only in LPCSensors.kext with  "W_PUMP headeré  that shuts off water pump completely.

Do you use the plugins inside FakeSMC.kext ?

Stated by oSxFr33k #1136:

Apparently there is a bug only in LPCSensors.kext with  "W_PUMP headeré  that shuts off water pump completely.

I tried the plugins inside Fake SMC then tried the other kexts outside.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The domain's registration has expired, most probably because payment was not renewed...

Try here as an alternative: https://sourceforge.net/projects/hwsensors/

Those are deprecated ! (6.16.13.72) from 2015-06-13 ..

The latest is here ...

https://github.com/kozlek/HWSensors/releases

HWSensors.6.26.1440.pkg.zip

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

I was checking to see if there was a more recent version of HWMonitor and FakeSMC since it hasn't been updated in a while.  While reviewing this thread, I saw that the most recent version listed was 6.26.1440, which has a creation date of August 26, 2017.

For some reason that I don't recall, I have a later version - 6.26.1765, with a creation date of October 17, 2017.  I don't remember where I got it from and I can't find the original binary files I must have downloaded but I am posting this version for those who want to try it out.  It's been working for me just fine.  I modified it for my own use but have removed my modifications in the files uploaded here.

HWSensors 6.26.1765.zip

If you tried to download this file and couldn't, it is because the forum doesn't yet allow the uploading of files other than image files for now.  That will be fixed in time.  Until then, I have uploaded the file to another service for file hosting.  Enjoy.

Edited by mnfesq
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi...i am a new user here. I want to know is there a proper way to install this via the installer. I tried installing it over my existing FakeSMC kexts and it didnt reboot after the install. Booting into windows and replacing the old kexts allowed me to boot again.

assembly circuit board

Edited by CoraDias

• 1 month later...

My SSD drive has a temperature sensor that is not being recognized in macOS but it is recognized in Windows 10 with the app Speedfan.  Any idea how to pick up the temperature sensor for the SSD in HWMonitor?  The SSD runs much cooler in Windows than macOS and I think it is due to the fact that its temperature is not being detected.  Thanks. 

Capture.thumb.JPG.731d8782baf9250f347e26db4aa3279f.JPG

Untitled.thumb.jpg.0ec3eb4de304e96021fa14c6b7b27669.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, Amble said:

I'm using HWmonitor and FakeSMC from the above dmg, FakeSMC is in S/L/E. I'm seeing GPU temperature but not frequency. Any idea what might be the problem?

RX560 and Gigabyte GA-Z270N-WIFI

According to this commit, RX560 is one of supported cards. Just not sure what monitoring features are supported though. You may consider using Slice's FakeSMC instead?

Edited by Badruzeus

45 minutes ago, Badruzeus said:

According to this commit, RX560 is one of supported cards. Just not sure what monitoring features are supported though. You may consider using Slice's FakeSMC instead?

Thanks for that, didn't know Slice had forked this. :)

Same problem though, only GPU temperature but no frequency. Anyone know if I should see the frequency on RX 560 ITX?

1 hour ago, Amble said:

Thanks for that, didn't know Slice had forked this. :)

Same problem though, only GPU temperature but no frequency. Anyone know if I should see the frequency on RX 560 ITX?

Add this to the Terminal window, but note that it's static, if you want to see the frequencies at full load, run it again.

ioreg -l |grep \"PerformanceStatistics\" | tr ',' '\n'|grep 'Clock'

• Like 1

18 hours ago, wern apfel said:

Add this to the Terminal window, but note that it's static, if you want to see the frequencies at full load, run it again.

That doesn't do anything :/

43 minutes ago, Amble said:

44 minutes ago, Amble said:

That doesn't do anything :/

It does not work if you just copy and paste it, here it's as code.