1,156 posts in this topic

Not working for me. Only disk is showing. Oo

Have you extracted with Pacifist the HWmonitor app and installed FakeSMC that came with it + Acpi , Cpu, Gpu and LPC sensors kexts?

Enviado desde mi XT1068 mediante Tapatalk

• Like 1

Have you extracted with Pacifist the HWmonitor app and installed FakeSMC that came with it + Acpi , Cpu, Gpu and LPC sensors kexts?

JuniorGump must have forgotten to install the FakeSMC plugins (the ACPI/CPU/GPU/LPC sensors kexts). They either go alongside FakeSMC in its directory (/E/E or /L/E or /S/L/E depending on your own installation) or within a subfolder called PlugIns of the FakeSMC kext itself.

Fakesmc on EFI and the rest on /S/L/E = Not work

All on EFI = Not work

In all my hacks i haave Fake SMC and Sensor kexts in the same folder which is /System/Library/Extensions i believe that is the right way.. Only older versions of HWMonitor required the plugins to be inside fakesmc..

FakeSMC and its associated sensors will of course work/load/get cached from /S/L/E but the same will apply if they're placed in /L/E and/or if the sensors are manually placed in a created PlugIns subfolder of FakeSMC itself. That's how I use and run FakeSMC on all my Hacks.

@JuniorGump: what version of FakeSMc are you using? Did you try to integrate the sensors (of same FakeSMC release) to a PlugIns subfolder?

please which version use you of clover?

FakeSMC and its associated sensors will of course work/load/get cached from /S/L/E but the same will apply if they're placed in /L/E and/or if the sensors are manually placed in a created PlugIns subfolder of FakeSMC itself. That's how I use and run FakeSMC on all my Hacks.

@JuniorGump: what version of FakeSMc are you using? Did you try to integrate the sensors (of same FakeSMC release) to a PlugIns subfolder?

>what version of FakeSMc are you using?

R: 3.4.1

>Did you try to integrate the sensors (of same FakeSMC release) to a PlugIns subfolder

Nops.

please which version use you of clover?

@

@

I created the folder "PlugIns" within the Fakesmc kext and now worked. Thank you so much guys! :thumbsup_anim:

• 1 month later...

Hello PPL

i have a skylake Asus notebook > http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/312181-el-capitan-on-asus-x556ub-unresolved-problems/

and i can't to take working cpu sensors. everytime goes on kernel panic.

i have see other skylake notebooks and working,and i try these Fakesmc and sensors. all other sensors "working"

the cpu always goes on kernel panic... Any Idea about ?

Might be lacking native power management as well as an adequate SkyLake SMBIOS. Without that you are doomed to crashes and instability.

• 1 month later...

I hate to double-post, but I think this thread is more appropriate for my questions:

How to tell if ACPISensors is installed?  I installed it using the pkg, but it doesn't show in kextstat.  I do see LPCSensors and GPUSensors there.

Four out of five fans show the wrong speed, and CPU heatsink temp never changes.  Maybe this would be fixed by using ACPISensors?

Should I report this issue on GitHub?

• 4 months later...

Since few versions back I can no longer auto update. It gives message thast new version exists, downloads & on install instantly gives error:

"An error occurred while relaunching HWMonitor, but the new version will be available next time you run HWMonitor."

New version is NOT available on next restart, as the same happens again

Manual upgrade works fine.

All on EFI = Not work

Absolutely NOT the case. I have all kext in 10.10 folder on EFI next to FakeSMC & loads/works fine (with Clover)

Plugin subfolder must be created inside Contents folder

HWmonitor.app ,FAKESMC.kext and plugins  version 6.23.1417 is out !

http://www.hwsensors.com/content/01-releases/43-release-1417/HWSensors.6.23.1417.pkg

·  CPUSensors: Support for more Skylake models

·  Feature  GPUSensors: Initial Pascal support

·  Feature  HWMonitor: Use monospaced font in status bar (Thanks to MrMage for suggestion)

·  Bug Fix  Fixed installer issues

:thumbsup_anim:

• Like 1

How is there Pascal support?  I still haven't seen any OS X Nvidia drivers for Pascal.

All I found is here from the author Natan Zalkin  : ( the word "initial" has a sense though ...) perhaps he took the preliminary information from LINUX/FREEBSD drivers ?

https://github.com/kozlek/HWSensors/commit/51937f7234c8e20c037326f7c4afe8ded5a10489

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry I have a really dumb question.

How do I install this program?

I've run the .pkg installer, rebooted, and all I get the HWMonitor app is disk temp.

I have a Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD3 and a i7-6700K. I used clover to make the install

Thanks

As already else where explained in this topic: For Clover use

First : Uninstall all the kexts (FakeSMC+ 4 sensors kexts)  from S/L/E !

1. Extract the .pkg with Pacifist in a new folder ( Then you get: HWMonitor.app;FakeSMC.kext and 4 sensors kexts (Acpi, Cpu, Gpu and LPC) )
  2. Create a  "PlugIns" subfolder inside FakeSMC.kext/Contents
  3. Copy the 4 sensors.kexts inside that folder
  4. Copy the "New" FakeSMC.kext inside the EFI/CLOVER/KEXTS/10.12
  5. reboot

Good luck

• Like 1

Hello there,

I have a question, I can't read fans (shows as "-").

I don't know what to do. I tried with LPC Sensors, and it says unsupported chip, and I don't know ACPI programming.

The LPC chip is, as says boot log:

SuperIODevice: [Fatal] found unsupported chip! ITE sequence ID=0x8613, Winbond sequence ID=0xffff

Thanks in advance

Hello there,

I have a question, I can't read fans (shows as "-").

I don't know what to do. I tried with LPC Sensors, and it says unsupported chip, and I don't know ACPI programming.

The LPC chip is, as says boot log:

SuperIODevice: [Fatal] found unsupported chip! ITE sequence ID=0x8613, Winbond sequence ID=0xffff

Thanks in advance

Install OpenHardwareMonitor on windows. It will tell you the model number of your SuperIO chip.

Install OpenHardwareMonitor on windows. It will tell you the model number of your SuperIO chip.

For LPC I can't get more information with the tool. It says:

LPCIO

Chip ID: Unknown ITE with ID 0x8613 at 0x2E/0x2F

What I already know. Maybe I can get more information in Manufacter site.

The computer is the one in my signature.

Your signature doesn't say which motherboard you're using, and that's what matters here.  Look around on your motherboard with a flashlight and a magnifying glass, and you should see the SuperIO model number printed on the IC somewhere.  It should say ITE or Winbond or Fintek.  If you have more than one chip, it's probably the largest one.

Your signature doesn't say which motherboard you're using, and that's what matters here.  Look around on your motherboard with a flashlight and a magnifying glass, and you should see the SuperIO model number printed on the IC somewhere.  It should say ITE or Winbond or Fintek.  If you have more than one chip, it's probably the largest one.

I couldn't find anything on the board, but dumping the bios and opening with AMIBCP showed a hidden menu that says IT8615 SuperIO Configuration 

So I guess that it's an ITE model, IT8615.

Hi, I'm after a bit of help getting fans and voltages reading correctly.

I'm using a Gigabyte EX58-UD5 which has an ITE it8720f SMC IC, shown top left in this photo:

post-729266-0-49090200-1484355445_thumb.jpg

This is what I'm starting with:

post-729266-0-93034700-1484354187_thumb.png

I'm using FakeSMC v6.23.1417 with CPUSensors, GPUSensors and LPCSensors

Fans:

What I would like is to move and rename the labels shown:

GPU Fan @ ~ 4500rpm should be 'Water Pump', this is on the CPU FAN header

CPU Fan @ ~ 1750rpm is my 'Rear Case Fans' connected to SYS FAN 2 (2 fans on a Y cable to PWM header)

System Power Fan 2 @ ~ 1337rpm is my 'Upper Case Fan' connected to SYS FAN 1

Power Fan @ ~ 1348 rpm is my 'Lower Case Fan' connected to PWR FAN (correct)

I don't have a GPU fan as I'm water cooled

Voltages:

GPU Core (correct)

CPU Core (correct)

Memory Modules (correct)

Main 3.3V - Completely wrong

Main 5V (correct)

Power Supply 2-5 - no idea what these should be

CMOS Battery (correct)

Here are my voltages and fan speeds shown in BIOS:

post-729266-0-33133500-1484355037_thumb.jpg

Any help would be appreciated

• 1 month later...

A little bit late, but the chip is actually ITE IT8613E, and it's not inside LPC sensors source code. Do you know if it is possible to add it?

A little bit late, but the chip is actually ITE IT8613E, and it's not inside LPC sensors source code. Do you know if it is possible to add it?

It is possible modify sources by existing samples, for example 8718.

• Like 1