Chameleon Wizard - Utility for Chameleon.

janek202

681 posts in this topic

iMac13,3 and MacMini6,3 doesn't exist ! I just made MacMini6,2 and it should be soon in Chameleon Wizard.

I will make iMac13,2 smbios when it will be on the market. Now we don't have proper smserial.

EDIT: MacMini6,2 now available in CW.

• Like 1

iMac13,3 and MacMini6,3 doesn't exist ! I just made MacMini6,2 and it should be soon in Chameleon Wizard.

I will make iMac13,2 smbios when it will be on the market. Now we don't have proper smserial.

EDIT: MacMini6,2 now available in CW.

Sorry I ment ,2 no ,3 silly me. the iMAC 13,2 has been released here :( .. I will have to wait till next year.. For now I am going to test Macmini6,2

Thank you in advance for your great work. btw How can I obtain your avitar picture if it is available that is.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

BUG: Chameleon Wizard is missing iMac10,2 (27" Unibody iMac Late 2009) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IMac_(Intel-based)#Unibody_iMac

everymac.com does not list the 10,2, they list the 27" as iMac 10,1 (this is a mistake): http://www.everymac.com/ultimate-mac-lookup/?search_keywords=iMac10,1

Is it possible to get the the source code on github (featuring the nice bug tracker)?

• 2 weeks later...

Here's pre-release of new version:

http://cl.ly/MyYK

Please try and let me know if I missed any bugs.

Changes:

- Removed buildbot support (buildbot doesn't work)

- Removed bdmesg installaton (it was installed from buildbot)

- Removed boot file backup

- Added Revision selection when installing from dropbox

- Added Modules support (installing, removing and updating)

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I had to remove my applications from CloudApp (http://imgur.com/DVPVyUz). I understand them, BTW, I had free account.If anyone knows a free file hosting other than Dropbox or Bitcasa, that allows direct download via URL please let me know.

Edit: Not longer an issue thanks to q64ceo. :)

I aint gonna let one of the best OSx86 tools be homeless

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Check your Firewall settings in the Security & Privacy preference pane within your System Preferences.

thanks for the answer. my firewall is off :)

it was good that i saw that. i will set it on. but it doesn't resolve the issue, i guess.

cheers.

• 1 month later...

Hey there,

When I try to save the SMBios to a folder nothing appears in that folder. Anyone else have this problem

I had to remove my applications from CloudApp (http://imgur.com/DVPVyUz). BTW, I understand them, I had free account.

If anyone knows a free file hosting other than Dropbox or Bitcasa, that allows direct download via URL please let me know.

Edit: Not longer an issue thanks to q64ceo. :)

Hi Janek 202,

Is it to much to ask to ad "

dart=0" option to latest release?

Compile/Export tab:

Compile/Decompile: It compiles (DSL => AML), and decompiles (AML => DSL) DSDT. AML is compiled version that Chameleon uses. DSL is decompiled version for edition.

Export: Exports DSDT from your BIOS/UEFI, so you can edit it.

Patch tab:

Apply patch: It allows to patch original, unmodified DSDT with patch file. The patch file contains all modifications that are useful. It must be generated with the same motherboard model and bios version. It uses standard patch command.

Create patch: It helps to generate patch file. You need two DSDT files. The first one, that is unmodified, original, and one that has all the modifications.

It will calculate all the differences between them and save it to patch file. It uses standard diff command.

IASL tab:

You can update IASL to the latest version. (That's the tool that compiles and decompiles DSDT).

Also there are some advanced options, that you don't have to worry about.

Quick Patch tab:

It will extract DSDT from your motherboard, patch it using DSDT patch file, compile it and put the DSDT.AML file in /Extra directory.

This is helpful.- coud you just expand on what file extension a patch should have. I have extracted the DSDT.aml/dsl for my MB using Chaemeleon Wizard and have found a patch and downloaded it from Olarilo but has come as a .txt file. Tried to change the extension to dsl but the browse command on the Apply patch does not recognise the file. It does recognise the original extracted .dsl file.

Thanks

Hi Janek 202,

Is it to much to ask to ad "

dart=0" option to latest release?

OK, but can you explain what is this for? So I could add this in the right category.

This is helpful.- coud you just expand on what file extension a patch should have. I have extracted the DSDT.aml/dsl for my MB using Chaemeleon Wizard and have found a patch and downloaded it from Olarilo but has come as a .txt file. Tried to change the extension to dsl but the browse command on the Apply patch does not

This app uses standard patch and diff commands. Extension is patch. Patches with txt extensions are made for another application (DSDT Fixer, I think). It's completly other format, and txt files are not compatible with this application. Basically no one is using DSDT tab in this app I think... :P

• Like 1