86 replies to this topic

iDarbert

iDarbert

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 176 posts
Nobody is going to talk about iChat? :o
Aside from the Unified Toolbar look iChat now uses a Safari-like windows to list all your file trasnfers.

Also, when you send a file to somebody a badge showing the progress of the file transfer in a Mail-esque way appears
Posted Image

miscaog

miscaog

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Ive been running Leopard for a day now and everythings going pretty good. Apps work just fine, Photoshop, Illustrator, Quicksilver, iTunes, Quicktime, etc.

Ive only found two annoying problems; it looks like Im unable to scroll in Pages which sucks and I cant close windows in Safari, other than that it works flawlessy...

Overall its been a good experience, the system feels smoother by the way. I wont go back to Tiger unless I need to.

hackand

hackand

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
I have the pages issue too, and I've been forced to go back to Tiger for a while to only check my email (and to fix a little issue with referencing my iTunes Library in Leopard to the songs on the Tiger partition).

MacHD

MacHD

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Safari has a new Reset Safari dialog with the option to customize which settings to reset.

Posted Image

LeoVanGogh

LeoVanGogh

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
Screen Capture displaying position in terms of pixel (apple shift 4)

hackand

hackand

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
Window Capture (cmd+shift+4, space, click on a window) now includes the shadow of the window on the shot too.

moksha

moksha

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts
Holding Command when dragging windows between Spaces when it's zoomed out drags all windows of that app.

Adrian Fogge

Adrian Fogge

InsanelyMac Legend

• Donators
  • 794 posts
Moksha, now that is one nice catch.
I have found that X11 now supports XGL over SSH when you enable a nested session on the destination system on your VC-# (does not work in Tiger).

Sure, it takes some real hacking to get working right (both sides), however WINDOW DEFORMATIONS now work!

(Some of you may call it Defications because warping windows while you are trying to work may seem like a complete waste of time and resources, but try saying that when you are typing a URL into Firefox and your auto-completion/select box below your address bar starts rippling with each new option added. It really turns some heads!)

You can even use the XGL equivilant to Expose' for all of your X11 windows, and it even pulls windows from other Spaces Desktops when you go CTRL-F8 (Remapped from Normal F8 on remote system through Compiz-Setup to not conflict with my Powerbook's F8 for spaces).

LeoVanGogh

LeoVanGogh

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
Disk Utility offre maintenant tout un tas d'options pour la cration d'un image de disque sans avoir a passer par la ligne de commande :poster_oops:

Attached Files

Virtualball

Virtualball

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
Not a big deal but Photobooth uses a different color profile in the newer one. That means you cant make your old pictures work with the new photobooth :gun:

Nepton

Nepton

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Net info manager no longer in utilities folder or in leopard in general?... or maybe not on my version of leopard i dl. I run it from my tiger partition though and it worked fine.

using spaces if u drag in example one window of ichat on space and another window on another space returning to finder and clicking ichat it cycles between the 2 of them.

Nepton

Nepton

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
i can also say what i havent learned where are back drop effects on i chat? :/

moksha

moksha

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts
I've also learned that, interestingly enough, iChat uses the opposite mirroring than Photo Booth does. Photo Booth mirrors the left side of the screen, while iChat mirros the right.

LeoVanGogh

LeoVanGogh

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
Ard is now ARD 3.2

Neither print setup utility. its now with a seperate window with system prefs

Chris Law

Chris Law

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Interests:Music. Technology.
This is insanely great IMO: if you've got plenty of pictures in your iPhoto Library, check out the new photo screensavers in Mosaic mode.

Stunning.

Chris Law

Chris Law

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Interests:Music. Technology.
And - as I upgraded my Tiger installation I have no way of checking whether this was in Tiger too, but if you press Apple + Alt whilst in Expose, it shows all the titles for all the windows. Wish I could make that default.

AriX

AriX

InsanelyGeeky

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 253 posts

Not a big deal but Photobooth uses a different color profile in the newer one. That means you cant make your old pictures work with the new photobooth ;)

Hey Virtuallball (he codes things at iPodLinux (I assume it's the same one) , and I made the iPod Application Manager at iPodLinux)

Anyway, in Leopard, Adium doesn't launch unless it's the Beta 1.0 version, and Transmission doesn't launch either... Some other similar errors in other apps.

RobNyc

RobNyc

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 496 posts
  • Interests:Living Life, Going Out Places, Dancing, Music, Girls, Computers/Technology/Electronics, Philosop...
how's ram consumption on leopard?

tomozj

tomozj

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
Time Machine had to be turned off due to it taking lots of space. It isnt as good as i thought it would be either.

It needs to take backups, and that slows down your mac a tiny bit i find. And the fact it puts Volumes.backupdb or whatever folder on all Volumes, even the ones you opt-out of is so annoying. (in that folder the backups are kept)

I like the new help menu, and the fact you can search commands in applications. I uninstalled Leopard to reinstall Windows. But i haven't done that yet. Didnt want to resit a wait of hours.

Also, a very nice improvement is that Leopard takes about 3 minutes to install. Literally. I'm not sure if this is just a developer preview thing or what, but it's nice.

Another new thing is when you are installing something, at the end it makes a little 'ding ding ding' sound like iTunes does when your converting songs for example.

I actually got this off Rapidshare, no torrenting involved :blink:

-tj

Lostgame

Lostgame

Lostgame

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • Interests:Programming, game design, OSX, music design, photo editing, movie making.<br /><br /...

Also, a very nice improvement is that Leopard takes about 3 minutes to install. Literally.

Umm...

No?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy