10.6.5 update available in Software Update

marionez

294 posts in this topic

I lost all USB, Using apple keyboard and mouse, never had ps2 working, so now I'm stuck at login screen with no way to login. Tried safe boot and -f. No luck....any suggestions?

What non-vanilla kexts (if any) are you using?

Also, I'm downloading the Combo Update (all 977 MB of it) for test applications (just as I did with the 10.6.4 Update), as this update likely includes the infamous Graphics Update which brought on Kitchen Pitchin (and didn't work with AMD MR HD5xxx at all).

It *would* be nice if I at least got proper resolution/display detection, but my luck isn't that good.

As suspected, I had the same issues with the Graphics Update (therefore, I must recommend that anyone with issues with that update hold off).

The issues with the G41 desktop support also persist (either it will hang with ACPI enabled, or do Kitchen Pitchin if you attempt to disable it in the BIOS), therefore, G4x GPU support (for desktops) is no panacea. I am curious - I have noticed that my hardware shows as an iMac - are there unique problems using the iMac based configurations that MacPro-based configurations don't have? (Basically, should I change the detection scheme?)

Updated and everything appears to be working, including sound and USB.

Specs:

Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3

Radeon HD4870

Chameleon RC4 in EFI partition

FakeSMC 2.5

OpenHaltRestart (version unknown)

Everything else vanilla

Edit: And DSDT, of course.

I can't get my onboard LAN to work :)

I have the Marvell Yukon 88E8056 Gigabit and tried the usual method of editing the Yukon2.plist in IONetworking.kext but still not coming up.

I tried the injector method and it came up in System Profiler but wouldn't connect to a network with DHCP or manual address :(

 10.6.5 updated just fine with Software Update.

I had to reinstall AppleHDA.kext from 10.6.3 because it broke my audio (ALC888)

Gigabyte EP45-UD3LR with Cartri MAC EDITION BIOS

Do you happen to have an alc1200? I can never get the darn audio to work in 10.6.4. My card is alc888.

Mind sharing your kext please?

Sorry that this is centered but it's the only way I can reply from my iPhone. 100% success on g31m-es2l using a Mac compatible USB sound card for audio and rtl8139d pci LAN card for networking. Just deleted sleepenabler before installing the combo update 900mb

Add it to the Kernel Flags, like so:

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string>arch=x86_64 pmVersion=21</string>

On the other hand, I haven't got any confirmation that the "21" actually works for 10.6.5. It seems logical, but not confirmed. Can we get a confirmation?

MAJ

Yes, thanks! Would not update at all just frozen screen and then had to reboot. Didn't hurt anything just wouldn't install update without "pmVersion=21". Removed it after successful install and everything normal. Update tested from clean 10.6.4 on a spare to 10.6.5. Will now try on my main install.

Edit 10/13/10: Not sure about why or why not I couldn't get the update that was directly from automatic Apple update to install without the use of pmVersion=21, Still puzzling sense I don't even have a sleepenabler.kext. I am however running native pm(applepowermanagement). :)

Whats fixed is the DWA-556 wireless is native 64bit without arthrosfix kext and HD4850 is just like 10.6.2

Whats fixed is the DWA-556 wireless is native 64bit without arthrosfix kext and HD4850 is just like 10.6.2

Thanks for the tip! Just removed my atherosfix.kext and confirmed it works fine.

Hi, update work good but just ethernet card dont work my motherboard is Asus p5q deluxe could you give me please any solution.

Thanks

I just got mine fixed, I have the Marvell Yukon 88E8056 and used the kext from kexts.com. This was the same kext used in 10.6.4 and replaces IONetworkingFamily rather than just Yukon2.kext