10.6.5 update available in Software Update

marionez

294 posts in this topic

Hey Dave, I have the same board as you and couldn't get my gigabit LAN working just by editing the plist. I think I had the same problem with 10.6.4

I tried a couple of times but ended up replacing IONetworkingFamily.kext

I repaired permissions after every edit but still no go, did you rebuild your kext cache?

It's all working now but I'm just curious. I am used to going to the 88E8053 dict, changing it to 56 then the Vendor ID or Hardware ID from 62 to 64...

That's pretty much what I did. I copied across (to my /Extras/Extensions folder) the new IONetworkingFamily.kext installed by the 10.6.5 update and edited the plist as above.

I had not rebuilt the kextcache but it has now been rebuilt due to iTunes 10.1 installation.

Anybody else having random swirly beachball application stalls since the update ? I suspect I have something not quite right.

Be aware, "fatal blue screen" after reboot here , (i have not any SleeEnabler..)

Im gonna try without nvEnabler64.kext + -x32 ,who know..

EDIT : NVenabler removed all work fine ,any help welcome (string maybe ,let's try) :D

EDIT : Nvenabler re-installed

Evreything work fine ,funny/weirdos.

Bye

Well, after reading about the problems people were having with the combo update. I tried it via software update. So far my sleep works great, sound works fine, I played numerous games with no problems. USB works. You can view my hardware configs I originally went with Kakewalk, that installed Chameleon V 2.0-RC-4 PCEFI-10.5_AsereBLNr. My extras folder only has 2 extensions; fakesmc & JMicronATA. I didn't need to make any adjustments to anything in the extras folder. Of coarse I manually backed up important files to an identcal drive. The only difference is the backup drive has Chameleon on it. In other words when I start up I dont use this drive, I have to hit the right arrow key to get to the drive I use. I just leave this drive with all the boot info on it in case an update goes awry, I will still have a bootable drive.

I have a question about Carbon Copy Cloner: The drive I use for everyday use does not have the bootloader on it. The entire Kakewalk install is on another drive that I dont use, just keep it there with the boot files on it in case an update goes wrong with any future updates on the drive I use. My question is if I Carbon copy clone from the drive that does NOT have the bootloader stuff on it, as the source drive and clone it to the drive that does, will CCC overwrite the bootloader info, thereby rendering my computer unable to boot?

Download USB 10.6.4 kexts (IOUSBFamily & USBMassxx...) put in E\E, delete prev. kext caches dir in S\L\C\ and Extension.mkext in E\E, repair permission using kext utility reboot and it should work.. trust me i got none working usb after update to 10.6.5 but as soon as i put those kext and re-cached with new kext and voila..

How are you supposed to use Kext Utility if you have no input device (mouse/keyboard don't work without USB)? I had 10.6.4 installed, but I lost USB when I updated to 10.6.5 using the software update. Everything else appeared to be fine, but I couldn't use my mouse/keyboard. So I hooked up an old PS2 mouse and Keyboard and rebooted. Still couldn't move anything. So if I've got no way to input anything, how am I supposed to follow your instructions. Also, do I need chameleon installed to do this? I'd really like to be able to use this update. I just did a clean wipe and I'm back to 10.6.3 from an iatkos S3 V2 install. So I'm waiting for some advice on how to do this without jacking up my computer.

Be creative.

Before updating, place the old USB kernel extensions on a folder somewhere on your hard drive, run the update, boot from an OS X install DVD, run Terminal and copy the backed up kernel extensions to /System/Library/Extensions. Manually fix permissions and delete the extensions cache.

LeoHazard 10.6.4 on Asus p5q, Intel 6400, ATI 4870

Updated from Update utility.

First boot KP on AppleTyMCED.kext. After deleting it, everything worked fine.

Sleep are not working from the 10.6.2 (i dont need it anyway). Neither work pmVersion 1-21.

Personally, the system works a little bit smoother. 

i also lost USB on acer 5741g but fixed it.

first i downloaded the 10.6.4 usb package that some good soul posted some posts before on this thread.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=PF602POK

then i used this string to modify my com.apple.boot.plist

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=234474

<key>USBBusFix</key>

<string>Yes</string

and it is working

Be creative.

Before updating, place the old USB kernel extensions on a folder somewhere on your hard drive, run the update, boot from an OS X install DVD, run Terminal and copy the backed up kernel extensions to /System/Library/Extensions. Manually fix permissions and delete the extensions cache.

+ 10 for this one :P

@Jbbrack03

usb probs has been posted several times how to fix it so read it well. if you already jacking up your hackintosh, console/terminal is your friend bud. do exactly what gringo said and youre good to go! BEFORE update to 10.6.5 just make sure that you put those old usb 10.6.4 in E\E.. and do the rest..

No luck on my end; I installed via software update & upon reboot I get crash message stating "You need to restart your computer. Hold down Power button...blah blah blah".

I'm lost as to what to do, because no on in this thread had this issue.

evga micro x58 SLI

evga 8800gt

i7 920

ALC889

using newest chameleon bootloader

Thank

edit: I did just realize that I didn't change my pmversion= in my apple.boot.plist file & I hope that doesn't have any reason for my update issues. I'll search google for a way to change this outside being in the OS though.

edit x2: I can access safe mode; which I'm in right now, but I'm lost on what to do next, checking google for ideas at this time.

edit x3: Mac is showing me updated to 10.6.5, but I can't load into it in normal mode. Wondering if I should just restore back to 10.6.4 & sit this one out...

edit x4: I'm able to boot into safe mode, but I can't use time machine & I'm new to restoring from disk utility so I'm lost trying to restore from a Wednesday backup Overall I need to figure out why I'm able to boot into safe mode, but not normal mode. Only thing I did was update via Software updater.

edit x5: Think I found the culprit of my issues, will be testing theory & reporting back. Thus far I have gone ahead & done combo update; install worked, no sound, but when applying VoodooHDA kext; system crashes...removing voodoohda kext & posting back results.

edit x6: I've found what was causing my system to crash, my Voodoo HDA kext; which blows because currently I have no sound & any guide I look at isn't specific in replacing it for my motherboard. if anyone knows of a Kext that will work for the eVGA x58 Micro board, not sure what ALC it is, but if anyone has a kext I should try, let me know & I'll give it a go to get sound working. No other issues besides that...

edit x7: is there any good guides on installing ALC889 kext's...& trying combo's! Seems to be a hard kext to crack...

edit x8: Wow that was a crazy freaking journey for me in getting through my first update on my own. I finally got sound to work using [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url]. So for anyone using the eVGA Micro x58 Mobo or ALC889 codec for that matter, try using the newest [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] with installing the LegacyHDA 889, HDAenabler 889, & the 10.6.2 AppleHDA rollback. Should install without any issues & just go Disk Utility > OSX Install Drive > Repair Permissions > Exit Disk Utility > Restart - Sound should work from here on out. At Least it did for me.

WOOT! 10.6.5 Update :( Success

Just updated to 10.6.5 and I'm running issue's with my display.

- Every time I boot, I just got BLUEScreen during the loading of the Desktop. To be able to pass by the BlueScreen. I need to press COMMAND+ALT+F12 to make the unit sleep, then press any key to awake. Display will be corrected and goes directly to the desktop.

- Every time I run Starcraft 2, I got BLACKScreen but you will here that the audio works. To be able to pass by the BlackScreen. I need to press COMMAND+ALT+F12 to make the unit sleep, then press any key to awake. Display will be corrected but brightness is decreased. Tried playing it but when you start to play the game, during loading BLACKScreen is back. Sleep/Wake again. Performance also is decrease. Even at exiting the game, BLACKScreen again...

- Ripple effect on Dashboard is not that smooth anymore compared to 10.6.4

EEEERRRRR

GeForce 9800 GT:

Chipset Model: GeForce 9800 GT

Type: GPU

Bus: PCIe

Slot: Slot-1

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 1024 MB

Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)

Device ID: 0x0614

Revision ID: 0x00a2

ROM Revision: 62.92.84.00.00

Displays:

Display Connector:

A16B1:

Resolution: 1360 x 768 @ 60 Hz

Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Rotation: Supported

- Tried NVEnabler with GraphicEnabler = No... still the same issue...

- Updated Chameleon to RC5... still the same issue...

- Tried changing the smbios.plist to iMac... still the same issue...

Any ideas what more should I try... been looking for answers the but can't seem to find an answer...

10.6.5 is not good for me..

Thou the good news about 10.6.5 is DWA556 now works on 64bit...

Anyone having same issue as mine?

BTW,

Update used was the MacOS10.6.5Combo.dmg that I downloaded not the Software Update.

DSDT, [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url], TonyMacx86

No luck yet on my end.

After update the system did not boot into GUI.

Luckily I backed up my system files and was able to restore computer functionality.

Going to reinstall 10.6.5 with combo update instead of regular update.

No luck yet on my end.

After update the system did not boot into GUI.

Luckily I backed up my system files and was able to restore computer functionality.

Going to reinstall 10.6.5 with combo update instead of regular update.

hi andy

waiting your patched kernel :D

i hope you surpise us with an working x86-64 kernel B)

Update didn't go well, it seems that my NVidia 310m isn't supported anymore, it gives me no error when booting, but I have verbose messages frozen on the screen while hearing the system working behind. Any solution ?

hello, i'm using nvidia 310m and got the same problem and looking for a solution as well

my solution for now is by deleting nvenabler kext so i can enter my os but no more graphics support like 10.6.4

anyone know how to fix this? or maybe can someone suggest what kexts should I use to restore graphics support from 10.6.4?

Updated via SU with no issues but the sleepenabler that I have had to remove it, and the known with the sound solve it with the previous HDA. And, CUDA prompt me to update it on restart. Everything else, OK.

post-418551-1289673453_thumb.png

ASUS P6T WS i7 920 Nvidia Quadro FX 3700 / AD 2000B