10.6.5 update available in Software Update

marionez

294 posts in this topic

Installed via Software Update (from 10.6.4).

Lost network on boot, system slow and unresponsive (probably due to attempted network access), sound not recognised.

Edited IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleYukon2.kext/Contents/Info.plist to fix up my Ethernet adapter.

Fixed Permissions, rebooted.

Everything now working happily (including Sound - seemingly fixed by fixing Permissions in Disk Utility).

System is an Asus P5K-E Wifi/AP with 8Gb DDR2, nVidia 9800GT 1Gb.

Using DSDT and only the following added Extensions:

AD1988bFix.kext

CPUInjector.kext

IONetworkingFamily.kext

OpenHaltRestart.kext

PlatformUUID.kext

fakesmc.kext

Lost network on boot, system slow and unresponsive (probably due to attempted network access), sound not recognised.

Edited IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleYukon2.kext/Contents/Info.plist to fix up my Ethernet adapter.

Fixed Permissions, rebooted.

Hey Dave, I have the same board as you and couldn't get my gigabit LAN working just by editing the plist. I think I had the same problem with 10.6.4

I tried a couple of times but ended up replacing IONetworkingFamily.kext

I repaired permissions after every edit but still no go, did you rebuild your kext cache?

It's all working now but I'm just curious. I am used to going to the 88E8053 dict, changing it to 56 then the Vendor ID or Hardware ID from 62 to 64...

Gigabyte EP41-UD3L + Intel E8400 + nVidia GTX260

Just updated from iAtkos 10.6.3 to 10.6.5 with software update and works! No sound problem, no LAN problem, everything work like before. SleepEnabler not tested. I use Voodoo HDA for sound.

iam not perfect on terminal put follow that

first

put two kexts and pfix file on root of usb flash key name it like USB

and assume that your mac partion is mac

you are now on terminal

type first

mount -uw /

rm -rf /volumes/mac/System/Library/Extensions/IOUSBFamily.kext

rm -rf /volumes/mac/System/Library/Extensions/IOUSBMassStorageClass.kext

cp -rf /volumes/usb/IOUSBFamily.kext /volumes/mac/System/Library/Extensions

cp -rf /volumes/usb/IOUSBMassStorageClass.kext /volumes/mac/System/Library/Extensions

/volumes/usb/pfix

and then choose mac partion to start pemission fix

download pfix from here

http://osx86.sojugarden.com/files/pfix3.1.tar.bz2

please be concert to mac word mean what it is partion of mac write name of your partion

and usb is the name of usb device write name of device

hope this helpfull

Didn't work. Deleted AppleHpet.kext as well repaired permissions. Still no USB. Very Odd!

Didn't work. Deleted AppleHpet.kext as well repaired permissions. Still no USB. Very Odd!

Download USB 10.6.4 kexts (IOUSBFamily & USBMassxx...) put in E\E, delete prev. kext caches dir in S\L\C\ and Extension.mkext in E\E, repair permission using kext utility reboot and it should work.. trust me i got none working usb after update to 10.6.5 but as soon as i put those kext and re-cached with new kext and voila..

Download USB 10.6.4 kexts (IOUSBFamily & USBMassxx...) put in E\E, delete prev. kext caches dir in S\L\C\ and Extension.mkext in E\E, repair permission using kext utility reboot and it should work.. trust me i got none working usb after update to 10.6.5 but as soon as i put those kext and re-cached with new kext and voila..

where can i find theUSBMassxx... kext? thanks

AWESOME!!!! Yep! Worked perfectly!!!! Thank you!!!!!

updated to 10.6.5 and what can i say.. Wow. the graphic-inprovment for me is enormous

now i can play starcraft2 at medium setting and it runs really smoothly :)

looks like the teamup with nvidia and valve really payed of.

Intel Core2duo 2,1ghz

Gigabyte P35 DS3R

4gb ram

Geforce 8800GT 256mb

vanilla install

i don't get it.. some people say they find improvments and some don't find any at all.

can it be so that some hardware benefits from this update and some don't?

it's not only gaming that is faster for me.. as an example finder and applications-menu opens more quickly after the update then before.

very weird i guess ?

Updated from combo update killed sound but that's an easy fix. I used the universal 10.6.x SleepEnabler but even with pmVersion=21 I got a KP. pmVersion=0 at boot let me get in though. Not sure why some others had success but I didn't. Everything else was fine

Updated from combo update killed sound but that's an easy fix. I used the universal 10.6.x SleepEnabler but even with pmVersion=21 I got a KP. pmVersion=0 at boot let me get in though. Not sure why some others had success but I didn't. Everything else was fine

They had success because they didn't have sleep enabler installed.

They had success because they didn't have sleep enabler installed.

Yeah I figured I did it correctly....I thought I read others were using SleepEnabler AND had it working. I'm sure it will be working soon. Not trying to hijack but I've seen a couple different benchmarks in the thread and I'm wondering what is generally known to be the best. I installed the update on a test partition so I still have .6.4 and I'd like to compare the benchmarks to post here but want to use the best one (and maybe we can get people to try to use just one for this particular comparison of the update). TIA

Alright guys. I'm in the process of trying to get my USB working after the update. I was at 10.6.4 and I used the system update. Everything looks good, but I don't have USB. I also appears that I don't have PS2 because I tried hooking up a PS2 mouse and Keyboard and I still can't move my mouse or type after I enter the login screen. So I popped my install disk into my drive and pulled up terminal. I tried to the following and had an issue:

"type first

mount -uw /

rm -rf /volumes/mac/System/Library/Extensions/IOUSBFamily.kext

rm -rf /volumes/mac/System/Library/Extensions/IOUSBMassStorageClass.kext

cp -rf /volumes/usb/IOUSBFamily.kext /volumes/mac/System/Library/Extensions

cp -rf /volumes/usb/IOUSBMassStorageClass.kext /volumes/mac/System/Library/Extensions

/volumes/usb/pfix

and then choose mac partion to start pemission fix

download pfix from here

http://osx86.sojugarden.com/files/pfix3.1.tar.bz2

please be concert to mac word mean what it is partion of mac write name of your partion

and usb is the name of usb device write name of device

hope this helpfull"

When I try the first mount command, I get a "Permission Denied" error. My OSX Hard drive is named "OSX SL" and I'm using a USB drive with the files in the root that is showing up as "NO NAME". When I check the system profiler they show up as path "volumes/OSX SL" and "volumes/NO NAME".

Can anyone give me some guidance? Is there a way to get my PS2 working (it was working before the update)? If I can get PS2 working, then I can replace the necessary Kext files. I don't seem to be having a lot of luck with terminal.