10.6.5 update available in Software Update

marionez

294 posts in this topic

I Updated via Software Update and afterwards was facing 2 Problems...

1. Kernelpanic due to Sleepenabler.kext -> deleted Sleepenabler.kext

2. ITunes wasn´t able to connect my IPhone -> used IOUSBFamily.kext fom 10.6.4 with Kexthelper

System is now up and running ;)

Update didn't go well, it seems that my NVidia 310m isn't supported anymore, it gives me no error when booting, but I have verbose messages frozen on the screen while hearing the system working behind. Any solution ?

Updated over Software Update without problems. As usual only AppleHDA needs to be reinstalled.

I have made some TESTS and can confirm a small increase in performance comparing to the state before:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1539683

GALAXIES 32K_V2

NVIDIA INNO3D GeForce GTX 285 1GB

_________SIM:___________________ GIGAFLOPS:

Vector Single Core CPU:___________________12

Vector Multi Core CPU:____________________48

GeForce GTX 285:_______________________ 338

Hybrid Multi Core CPU+GPU:______________80

post-292451-1289512417_thumb.png

post-292451-1289512348_thumb.png

post-292451-1289512388_thumb.png

post-292451-1289512401_thumb.png

post-292451-1289512408_thumb.png

As U can see new NVidia Driver is installed, but appropriate CUDA Driver still failed - well known Nvidia bug!

This time Premiere CS5 still using Hardware accelerated Mercury Engine.

Let´s wait a few days....as usual.

Cheers

QuattroFX

After upgrading to 10.6.5, I noticed several problems with the graphics accelerator. Specifically, graphics acceleration is slower, with more recoil. Does anyone have similar symptoms?

nVidia 220 GT 1 GB DDR3 !

:)

Since 10.6.0 (up to 10.6.4) I've been using the EFI String (in com.apple.Boot.plist - S/L/E) for my NVidia 9400 GT with 100% success. After the 10.6.5 upgrade the EFI String had been stripped out of com.apple.Boot.plist by the upgrade and I lost acceleration, and video refused to run in QuickTime (was ok using VLC). When I put the EFI back it broke graphics only giving me 1024 x 768 resolution.

So I ran [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] and only selected the AppleHDA 10.6.2 Rollback for audio and NVEnabler for graphics and after the reboot I had full audio and graphics back again.

Also, AppleAzaliaAudio.kext has ALWAYS worked for me, on all versions of Leopard and Snow Leopard but this upgrade seems to have broken that.

Using a Gigabyte GA-G31M-ES2L (v 1.x).

strange i cant have radeon 4850 aceleration after this update (i used apple update)

in other versions of osx i just put my device id in ATI4800Controller.kext and ATIRadeonX2000.kext

now i made the same thing and i cant change resolution... and my 4850 have 1GB and is detected as 256MB

any solutions for this?

another problem is safari , safari stop responding when i try to open a site or forum (im typing from windows7 now)

HD 4850

1- use the kext legacyati4800controller.kex (E/E or S/L/E)

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...st&id=59328

2- Graphicsenabler

Use Lizard

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1034555/lizard/Lizard-custom.zip

2a-Auto detect value

2b-GraphicsInjection

2c-save

lizard.png

REBOOT

thanks but i solved the problem with the nekas "QE_CI_Exotic patch for 10.6.5.pkg"

the safari stop responding problem become fixed too (maybe was the graphic card problem)

Ok.. after the 3rd try, now I'm successful at upgrading my hackintosh to 10.6.5. You guys remember that I lost USB twice? Well, I just copied the IOUSBFamily.kext from /S/L/E to my Desktop, installed the update... then after the update was done, re-installed the IOUSBFamily.kext using kext utility, then restarted :)

Now, i'm a Happy 10.6.5 camper :)

Updated to 10.6.5 with the combo updater.

Everything works fine, USB (ICH10R) graphics (9800 GTX+) and temps are the same as before. Motherboard is Asus P5Q-E.

Nvidia drivers and OpenGL framework got updated. Just like with 10.6.4, I have the latest CUDA version but every time I boot up my Hack I get the CUDA update dialog that says "latest version installed" but still tells me to update and that's just retarded. Apparently it happens on real Macs as well.

Game performance seems the same. Left 4 Dead 2 just crashed though, it's never done that before.

I had to hex-edit the new AppleHDA binary to get AD2000B sound working. Same procedure as with 10.6.3-10.6.4. See the "How To Patch AppleHDA" thread at the ProjectOSX forums for more information.

G41M-ES2L

I tried pmversion=21 as suggested and still got a kernal panic. had to boot into Windows (with MacDrive) to delete SleepEnabler.kext

Did I do the pmversion wrong?

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>Kernel</key>

<string>mach_kernel</string>

<key>Timeout</key>

<string>5</string>

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string>arch=i386 pm Version=21</string>

<key>Graphics Mode</key>

<string>1024x768x32</string>

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>

<string>y</string>

<key>PciRoot</key>

<string>1</string>

</dict>

</plist>

Ok.. after the 3rd try, now I'm successful at upgrading my hackintosh to 10.6.5. You guys remember that I lost USB twice? Well, I just copied the IOUSBFamily.kext from /S/L/E to my Desktop, installed the update... then after the update was done, re-installed the IOUSBFamily.kext using kext utility, then restarted :(

Now, i'm a Happy 10.6.5 camper :)

I was using IATKOS s3, updated to SL 10.6.4 without problem and all hardware are working properly (sleep and shutdown OK) and USB was running at ancient speed. Updating to 10.6.5 will get KP and USB problem especially with my keyboard/mouse.

I just followed your method and replace the updated IOUSBFamily.kext. My USB ports are running at USB2 speed now. CUDA prompting to get updated (irritating) and Adobe MPE still work great!

Waiting for compatible/fixed SleepEnabler.kext, perhaps can fix reboot after shutdown.

Noob like me always remembers to backup with Carbon Copy Cloner :D

My Spec:

Q6600 3.0GHz, MSI P43-C51 latest bios, 4GB RAM, Galaxy GTX285 DVI, Ralink USB dongle

try to boot with pmVersion=0. there is no sleepenabler solution out yet.

http://www.kexts.com/view/591-sleepenabler.kext.html

This Sleepenabler worked for me but I had hard time making the ALC888 to work. Finally I use the Time Machine to get the AppleHDA.kext from before the update.

I hope it stays that way and I wont have any more problems.

So far so good. I did not see any other problems.

Dual DVI work

Wirelless works

Nvidia GTX260 works

USB work

Restart/Shutdown work (I did not try Sleep because in fact I never use it. I do not know why I am still using the kext :()