[GUIDE] Scripted Yosemite/Mavericks Install on Gigabyte Mobos

4,696 posts in this topic

Did you try the realtek1000SL in my post just above ? (in S/L/E)

I'm working only with manual IP settings !

try also eliminating all network prefs (L/Systemconfigs/

:P

network prefs are in /L/P/SystemConfiguration

I cannot get that VoodooHDA working...it gives me an error when clicking on the preference pane and in Sound I have no devices.

I'm wondering now if I can simply change my DSDT pin config so that it will use the internal SPDIF out specifically.

Thanks for the Realtek1000SL.kext...this seems to be the best driver so far.

Like to share this, found on à French HAckOSX site:

http://www.darwinx86.org/applications/util...72-corei7bootcd

Boot CD for EX58-UD5

for 10.6 Retail DVD, PCEFI10.5 included, Graphics Enabler for NVIDIA & ATI48x0.

Look here is more : http://www.mediafire.com/MowgliBook

and this App: GUI to assist Chameleon bootloader

LIZARD

from SONOTONE source:http://code.google.com/p/lizard-app/

Trauma, Kabyl, JrCs, Blackosx for their expertise and comments.

http://www.darwinx86.org/applications/util...-pour-chameleon

Lizard is an application that lets you take control on the main parameters from Chameleon bootloader. (all current versions) and more...

Lizard also has a detailed help (in English), which inform you about the bootloader settings.

EFI partition is not supported !

Credits:

Prasys for his help( smbios )

Distemperus for his help (boot)

Trauma, Kabyl, JrCs, Blackosx for their expertise and comments.

:)

Sound for me is ok with this VoodooHDA + Prefpane (including SPDIF)

LAN + Bonjour/AFP for me is Ok with this Beta Realtek1000SL.kext

;)

Hi,AROBASEFR

Can you please upload the Boot CD and Lizard.app to other mirrors like rapidshare or somewhere else? My ISP has block those media-fire sites...

Thanks!

Z.A.

Yes, correct.

Yes, you can boot without the Ethernet plugged in. The OS will detect the "unplugged" state and skip the connect process.

If you have the smbios.plist set for MacPro4,1, I think you'll be seen as a Intel Mac Pro, as far as software updates are concerned. Not sure Apple links that info with your account, but who knows, black helicopters may be on standby.

Thinking about this, again.

Can you post for us your kernel.log and system.log from that boot volume after your failed boot attempt?

In Terminal:

cd /Volumes/YOUR_SNOW_LEOPARD_VOLUME/var/log
 cp kernel.log ~/Desktop
 cp system.log ~/Desktop

MAJ

Maj,

Sorry for the long delay. I had been on vacation when you replied and have been slammed with work since my return (The publishing industry in NYC is in serious jeopardy- as is my job). I have made some progress since the last post. I have installed SL and done all the "post-install" instructions before my initial boot into SL. buildcache etc.

But the weird thing is that it hangs before booting into a desktop- yet I HEAR the sound of the OSX welcome video. I am including a photo of my screen where it hangs (and the sound of the Mac OSX intro video starts)

post-386268-1256935591_thumb.jpg

I am also including my Boot_cache.log and install.log as generated by your script.

logs.zip

I was unable to generate the kernel and system logs. I hope this helps and I can fix this easily. I have reinstalled complete system several times with no full success. looking forward to getting over this hump. Thanks for all your help - SL is kicking my ---! :wacko:

Maj,

Sorry for the long delay. I had been on vacation when you replied and have been slammed with work since my return (The publishing industry in NYC is in serious jeopardy- as is my job). I have made some progress since the last post. I have installed SL and done all the "post-install" instructions before my initial boot into SL. buildcache etc.

But the weird thing is that it hangs before booting into a desktop- yet I HEAR the sound of the OSX welcome video. I am including a photo of my screen where it hangs (and the sound of the Mac OSX intro video starts)

post-386268-1256935591_thumb.jpg

I am also including my Boot_cache.log and install.log as generated by your script.

logs.zip

I was unable to generate the kernel and system logs. I hope this helps and I can fix this easily. I have reinstalled complete system several times with no full success. looking forward to getting over this hump. Thanks for all your help - SL is kicking my ---! :)

It looks like your graphics kexts aren't being loaded

kextcache: resolving dependencies for extension /Volumes/SNOW LEOPARD/Extra/Stored_Kexts/ATY_Init.kext
kextcache: extension /Volumes/SNOW LEOPARD/Extra/Stored_Kexts/AppleRTL8169Ethernet.kext is missing dependencies
kextcache: extension [b]/Volumes/SNOW LEOPARD/Extra/Stored_Kexts/ATY_Init.kext [/b]is missing dependencies
kextcache: resolving dependencies for kernel extensions with validation and authentication failures
kextcache: processing architecture i386
kextcache: skipping bundle /Volumes/SNOW LEOPARD/Extra/Stored_Kexts/AppleRTL8169Ethernet.kext; OSBundleRequired key is "Network-Root" (still checking plugins)
kextcache: skipping bundle /Volumes/SNOW LEOPARD/Extra/Stored_Kexts/ATY_Init.kext; OSBundleRequired key is "Safe Boot" (still checking plugins)
kextcache: resolving dependencies for extension /Volumes/SNOW LEOPARD/Extra/Stored_Kexts/IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext
compressing /Volumes/SNOW LEOPARD/Extra/Stored_Kexts/IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext/Contents/Info.plist 1397 => 657
kextcache: /Volumes/SNOW LEOPARD/Extra/Extensions.mkext.e20s contains 1 kexts for 721 bytes with crc 0xa2c5fde

I normally loaded ATY_init from /S/L/E , that's where the package installer puts it. It looks like you are trying to load it before all the /S/L/E dependencies are available.

I would try booting with -x flag and doing cp -R on the kext to put it in /S/L/E after making the disk writeable in single user mode - unless you can actually access the disk from another os x drive in which case just move it  ;)

steve

...zip...zip..zip

Sound for me is ok with this VoodooHDA + Prefpane (including SPDIF)

LAN + Bonjour/AFP for me is Ok with this Beta Realtek1000SL.kext

Great!!!!!!!!!

LAn works fine in 32 and 64

Great

Thank you Arobasefr!!!

D_D can put this Kekts in distro.....

it works fine!

now the audio (in 64 mode) .. i try ....

PS: prefpane in /S/L or /L ?

Hi,AROBASEFR

Can you please upload the Boot CD and Lizard.app to other mirrors like rapidshare or somewhere else? My ISP has block those media-fire sites...

Thanks!

Z.A.

For Lizard v.0.50 try this:

http://darwinx86.org/software/darwinx86_software.html

Boot CD for EX58-UD5:

http://www.kexts.com/view/132-legacybootcd...58-ud5.iso.html

network prefs are in /L/P/SystemConfiguration

I cannot get that VoodooHDA working...it gives me an error when clicking on the preference pane and in Sound I have no devices.

I'm wondering now if I can simply change my DSDT pin config so that it will use the internal SPDIF out specifically.

Thanks for the Realtek1000SL.kext...this seems to be the best driver so far.

Put voodoo prefpane in /S/L/PreferencePane

but doesnt work

with digital out and headphones

i dont use spdif

My audio is working fine now using patched DSDT with layout-id 885 and the pin config empty. Then I just use LegacyHDA.kext 3out2in HDA for ALC885.

I guess in VLC I can select SPDIF out (encoded output) and it changes to "Encoded Digital Audio" in Audio MIDI Setup....it looks right, but I am not getting any sound.

I tried a different pinconfig which gave me 1 analog output and 1 SPDIF out, SPDIF out was labeled as internal but unfortunately it gave the same results so I switched back to the original pinconfig from LegacyHDA.kext

Help :D

So I have a Gigabyte GA EX58 UD5 with i7 @ 2.66 GHZ 6GB DDR3 and a GTX 275

I have the drive I want to install OSX onto in an external hard drive. I used the PC-EFI_v10.3 as my bootloader and then complete all of the steps up to step 7 I do not do step 8 because the macbook is not the system I want this hard drive to be installed to and I used the PC-EFI_v10.3 bootloader.

I then remove the hard drive from the external case and put it into my box with the aforementioned hard ware. I turn it on and the boot screen comes up. I press enter to add some configuration -v -x32 and then enter again. It looks like the cpu is trying to boot but then the screen just turns black! I have to restart the CPU and then all of my bios settings have been reset! :( Anyone have any ideas?? I did not do any of the spot light configuration.

Thanks for the help!

you missed a step...

you have to buildcaches from within snow leopard. so either mount that hard drive in an existing snow leopard install and run the script to buildcaches or you can boot with -s and then read the instructions in the op.

I still haven't figured out QE and CI on my GTS 250. I've tried several recommended methods but there's just so many ways to do things that I'm always worried I'll screw things up. System Profiler now lists the card as a GTS 250 and all the resolutions are present, but no QE or CI. Any suggestions?

Although sleep works perfectly it wakes to a black screen. I'm using built-in ethernet with Psystar Realtech100 kext and I'm in 32-bit mode.

Finally, my only other experience with a hackintosh is my Dell mini9. When I boot it I don't see any of the command line during boot. I just see the grey apple and "whirling rays," just like a real Mac. On this install I just get a black screen like when you boot in single-user mode, until the solid blue screen kicks in. Can I fix that?

When I boot it I don't see any of the command line during boot. I just see the grey apple and "whirling rays," just like a real Mac. On this install I just get a black screen like when you boot in single-user mode, until the solid blue screen kicks in. Can I fix that?

Currymac,

This is because the machine is set to boot in VERBOSE mode. This is set by DD in the script. It is set to help you troubleshoot and actually SEE what is going on under the hood while booting. If you installed Chameleon w/ the EXTRA partition look in your "EXTRA" folder on the root of your drive. There you will see "com.apple.boot.plist" by removing the "-v" string you should boot normally but when something goes wrong I suggest you boot with -v to see where your install hangs. DD explains this in the beginning of this thread.

The card I cant help you with. I used EFI studio which I think will not work in Snow.

good luck

Check out this diskimage: http://www.kexts.com/view/134-gigabyte_ga-..._usb__v3.0.html

For Mac OS X Snow Leopard 10.6 (tested on 10.6.1)

It features:

- Completely 64-bit!

- Lan works in 64-bit (Credits: Bit Shoveler)

- Sound works via DSDT (Credits: Aschar)

- CPU temp sensor works (Credits: oldnapalm)

- Firewire

- Slow sata fix (Credits: THe KiNG)

Sleep doesn't work :(

Use DiskUtility to restore to a USB stick

Check out this diskimage: http://www.kexts.com/view/134-gigabyte_ga-..._usb__v3.0.html

For Mac OS X Snow Leopard 10.6 (tested on 10.6.1)

It features:

- Completely 64-bit!

- Lan works in 64-bit (Credits: Bit Shoveler)

- Sound works via DSDT (Credits: Aschar)

- CPU temp sensor works (Credits: oldnapalm)

- Firewire

- Slow sata fix (Credits: THe KiNG)

Sleep doesn't work :(

Use DiskUtility to restore to a USB stick

People should be more specific when they say sound works. Stereo works? 4 out / 2 in works? External SPDIF works? Internal SPDIF? There's a lot of audio stuff that could potentially be broken!

I'm sorry, I am only able to test Stereo (green plug).

About this mac:

Device ID: 0x1458A102

Audio ID: 12

Available Devices:

Speaker:

Connection: Internal

Internal Microphone:

Connection: Internal

Line In:

Connection: 1/8-Inch Jack

Headphone:

Connection: 1/8-Inch Jack

S/P-DIF Out:

Connection: Optical

S/P-DIF In:

Connection: Optical

Hi there,

I seem to be stuck and really need help. I have almost the same setup as PingunZ , but having multiple minor problems with the snow setup.

Followed D_D's setup guide to the 'T' but seem to be having issues with sound and the display driver. Right now booting in x32 but am hoping to boot in 64bit, if I can get all the stuff working.

Sound Issues:

I have got SL up and running using the Chameleon BL and a non efi partition. I have tried several audio kexts files and the VoodooHDA works best but increases boot time l feel!. However, I am still unable to get the 889A to be recognized under About Mac (it just states device 12), and I'm unable to get the microphone working. Since I use Skype often this is a real letdown for me.

Display Driver Issues:

Took a while but I finally got the XFX recognized as GTS260 with multiple resolutions on my LG 22 inch monitor. QE/CI also working and tested using Front Row. Here's the issue though, the text is jagged but images appear fine. The monitor is running 1680 x 1050 native and Windows 7 text is absolutely clear so I dont think its the monitor. I've tried font smoothing in the Sys Pref and that doesnt help either.

In addition, I know that there are issues with the Sleep function. My comp goes to sleep and awakes with the screen color all messed up but I can still navigate to restart the system.

Would really appreciate any help in this matter and want to boot in 64bit eventually.

Hi there,

I seem to be stuck and really need help. I have almost the same setup as PingunZ , but having multiple minor problems with the snow setup.

Followed D_D's setup guide to the 'T' but seem to be having issues with sound and the display driver. Right now booting in x32 but am hoping to boot in 64bit, if I can get all the stuff working.

Sound Issues:

I have got SL up and running using the Chameleon BL and a non efi partition. I have tried several audio kexts files and the VoodooHDA works best but increases boot time l feel!. However, I am still unable to get the 889A to be recognized under About Mac (it just states device 12), and I'm unable to get the microphone working. Since I use Skype often this is a real letdown for me.

Display Driver Issues:

Took a while but I finally got the XFX recognized as GTS260 with multiple resolutions on my LG 22 inch monitor. QE/CI also working and tested using Front Row. Here's the issue though, the text is jagged but images appear fine. The monitor is running 1680 x 1050 native and Windows 7 text is absolutely clear so I dont think its the monitor. I've tried font smoothing in the Sys Pref and that doesnt help either.

In addition, I know that there are issues with the Sleep function. My comp goes to sleep and awakes with the screen color all messed up but I can still navigate to restart the system.

Would really appreciate any help in this matter and want to boot in 64bit eventually.

ALC889A is actually ALC885. So you can use DSDT and a LegacyHDA.kext that just contains the pathmapID 885 and pinconfigs. Any of the included LegacyHDA.kext from the guide will work if your DSDT is patched. Use the DSDT I've attached it has audio patched for ALC885 and all the other fixes needed for your mobo.

DSDT.aml.885.zip

For complete 64 bit setup with GTX 260 card look at Post #661

Well, this certainly is a learning curve, isn't it ;-) While I was waiting for an answer to my GTS 250 question I attempted a couple of suggestions from elsewhere and completely trashed my OS. So I went back and re-installed right from the beginning. This time I only got 1200 X 1024 graphics and no built-in ethernet. I finally discovered how to modify the boot plist by using step 8 in the script. I got my graphics card back to multiple resolutions, but still no QE or CI. But as far as ethernet goes... well, it isn't. POST sees both ports but at the end of the boot sequence, I get

AppleRTL8169E Unknown Hardware Version ID (28000000)

AppleRTL8169E Unknown Hardware Version ID (29000000)

I've made sure the BIOS settings are correct, and I've tried a couple of different kexts. I've also tried DD's suggestion of unplugging the box, as well as resetting the CMOS switch and resetting the BIOS, all to no avail. Anybody got any ideas on either my QE/CI or LAN problems?

I'd really like to get this all behind me so I can put this box to good use.

Suggestions gratefully received.

Well, excuse me, I'm a bit of an idiot! I didn't realize that Apple had removed the confirmation of QE and CI from the System Profile/Graphics window. I've done the appropriate tests, and I do indeed have a fully functioning graphics card.

Now if I can only get that pesky ethernet port working, I can really get on with things.

I guess persistance really pays off. Out of desperation I moved the ethernet kext out of Extras to /S/L/E and ethernet was recognized even before I re-booted. All seems well now. Haven't tried sleep yet, but I'll worry about that later.

Is anyone using GraphicsEnabler in their boot.plist and is it functioning correctly on EX58-UD5 with Cham RC3?

I've just loaded a new drive with Snow Leopard and DD's default kexts (not ATY) and plists. I noticed that both GraphicsEnabler and EthernetBuiltIn keys are in by default but I don't think either work (I still need to add EFI string for 7300GT and install a network kext).

Any feedback appreciated.

Also, I've just installed the Magic Mouse software and I have lost sleep like a few others. Beware of this if looking to upgrade to the Magic Mouse. Fingers crossed they'll be a fix soon.

Finally got snow to boot off Installer DVD, :blush: Everything is working to the max...32 bit only though...I dont see the point in using 64 bit at the moment or should I say I havent tried booting in 64 bit mode.

My setup works fine in 64bit mode but, in 32bit mode S3 sleep breaks after installing all my pro applications (CS4 etc....).

Do you have any pro apps which installed additional extensions to your system ?

Can you list your configuration and post your DSDT, boot.plist and smbios.plist for 10.6.1 with working S3 sleep ?

Thank you.

It looks like your graphics kexts aren't being loaded

I normally loaded ATY_init from /S/L/E , that's where the package installer puts it. It looks like you are trying to load it before all the /S/L/E dependencies are available.

I would try booting with -x flag and doing cp -R on the kext to put it in /S/L/E after making the disk writeable in single user mode - unless you can actually access the disk from another os x drive in which case just move it ;)

steve

Steve,

Thanks for your help. You pointing me in the right direction has enabled me to have a successful install :thumbsup_anim: I changed the kext installation to S/L/E and it worked. I then proceeded to load all my apps ( feeling quite good about myself :P ) only to later realize that I was booting in 32 bit mode. I then proceeded to tinker w/ my install until I broke it completely. Could never boot into 64bit mode. I removed the -32 flag from the boot.plist in extra but had many problems with fake SMC and finally did a full clean install and Im currently running it 32bit.

I would really like to run 64bit but not sure if many users have successfully installed a stable 64bit system. If so "please describe how" what BIOS settings and Kexts you are using would be greatly appreciated.

until then I will have to do with the SL 32 bit upgrade. Hoping the jump to 64bit will be smooth and painless. Although I doubt it. Thanks for your help Steve- it made all the difference.