[GUIDE] Scripted Yosemite/Mavericks Install on Gigabyte Mobos

4,696 posts in this topic

Emilo: so automatic sleep still does not work with your DSDT? I think CruiSAr claims he can make automatic sleep and wake working. Can you guys please connect with DD to release a fully working universal installer / patcher / DSDT generator, as tseug did for GA-P35-** cards (see my singnature)?

Thanks for your great work!

Emilo: so automatic sleep still does not work with your DSDT? I think CruiSAr claims he can make automatic sleep and wake working. Can you guys please connect with DD to release a fully working universal installer / patcher / DSDT generator, as tseug did for GA-P35-** cards (see my singnature)?

Thanks for your great work!

:D @ claim... My rig just works and like I said before, I have never had issues with sleep or wake and I dont think I am the only one here who has sleep working. Will be making a video soon to support my setup as a fool proof working Snow Leopard System (seeing is believing). I changed to SL like about 2 weeks ago when I got everything working flawlessly. I use Leopard the most though.

Obiwantje and a few others have reported success with my setup, who knows maybe it is just luck. Like DD said in an earlier post, we all have different peripherals connected to our hacks and these may influence how sleep and wake work. :P

Thank you. I will install SL to my new machine this weekend, I will report the results.

Yes please do so, I am trying a new setup where there wont be any kexts installed in S/L/E. They will only be installed in Extra. I will report how well that works.

I want to make a question that it's not clear to me. For sure somebody know the answer in this thread.

What's the main difference between using a videodriver kext and using an EFI String?

I always use an EFI string and i do not install the graphics related kexts comings with the DD script. I get the maximum resolution supported by my monitor and also QE/CI features.

So, i'm not sure if there is some advantage for the kext over the efi string or viceversa.

:) @ claim... My rig just works and like I said before, I have never had issues with sleep or wake and I dont think I am the only one here who has sleep working. Will be making a video soon to support my setup as a fool proof working Snow Leopard System (seeing is believing). I changed to SL like about 2 weeks ago when I got everything working flawlessly. I use Leopard the most though.

Obiwantje and a few others have reported success with my setup, who knows maybe it is just luck. Like DD said in an earlier post, we all have different peripherals connected to our hacks and these may influence how sleep and wake work. :P

I think there are two ways of achieving working sleep. The common way which involves third party kexts such as sleepenabler, and secondly the vanilla way

With SleepEnabler I had sleep and Lan work But I got kernel panics with several applications after waking eg Safari forms, umount (mount_hfs worked!) etc

By removing as many of the 3rd party kexts such as SleepEnabler and running native Apple power management sleep works 100% perfectly (there is a bit more to this than removing sleepenabler & nullcpumanagement probably, the price

for going native is a slightly hotter cpu - apparently, IMHO this is not an issue with good cooling)

Thanks to DSDT editing I can even see what caused a wake up

machine went to sleep after being idle for 10 mins - woke up by removing BT dongle USB

Nov 5 11:38:29 localhost configd[13]: Sleep: Success - AC - Idle Sleep

Nov 5 11:38:29 localhost configd[13]: Wake: Success - AC - UHC1 USB0

Nov 5 11:38:29 localhost configd[13]: Hibernate Statistics

Sent the machine to sleep ie software sleep

Nov 5 12:07:28 localhost configd[13]: Sleep: Success - AC - Software Sleep

Nov 5 12:07:28 localhost configd[13]: Wake: Success - AC - UHC1 USB0

Nov 5 12:07:28 localhost configd[13]: Hibernate Statistics

Nov 5 12:07:38 localhost ntpd[18]: time reset +0.673379 s

To get MP41SpeedStepFix.kext to work fix HPET and PX40 (and remove the IRQ from PIC to solve audio stuttering) in DSDT so that AppleHPET.kext and AppleLPC.kext loads, and remove NullCPUPowerManagement.kext and SleepEnabler.kext so that AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementClient.kext and AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext loads.

That worked for me up to 2.96 GHz, but over that CST evaluation and LPC device initialization failed and led to higher CPU temperatures (compared to using NullCPUPowerManagement.kext), so I backed out.

Cool, but not sure how I can do that without the mouse :whistle: (it's the thing that's lost connection)

Steve, I borrowed a blue tooth apple mouse, paired it and put the hack to sleep and it connected upon wake, so I think the problem might be your dongle.

Forgive me for being a total noob, but I've got a quick simple question - Do I need a computer running OS X 10.5 to install Snow Leopard, and does that need to be my hackintosh, or can I use my Macbook (still running 10.4.11)? I saw on the first page here that this is a continuation of the original Leopard install, and didn't see an option to purchase a full version of Snow Leopard from Apple, just the update. Thanks in advance :whistle:

No problem, I did an idle sleep test and when the hack woke I got the connection lost message but then a second or more, it connected again.

I've ordered one from ebay, very cheap :hysterical: , hope it works

I notice it does say on the website

Instantly use your Bluetooth mouse on your notebook without (un)plugging the USB adapter

Forgive me for being a total noob, but I've got a quick simple question - Do I need a computer running OS X 10.5 to install Snow Leopard, and does that need to be my hackintosh, or can I use my Macbook (still running 10.4.11)? I saw on the first page here that this is a continuation of the original Leopard install, and didn't see an option to purchase a full version of Snow Leopard from Apple, just the update. Thanks in advance -_-

The update will work for a full install. Update your Macbook first and you can then use it and your SL disk to format and load your hackintosh hard drive (skipping the DSDT step).

The update will work for a full install. Update your Macbook first and you can then use it and your SL disk to format and load your hackintosh hard drive (skipping the DSDT step).

Thank you for your help, I do appreciate it. Now it's time to start rounding up some computer parts :thumbsdown_anim:

Sarumanza:

You don't need a real mac for installing SL if you own a GA-EX58-UD5 Motherboard. Simply Download the PrebootCD that Digital_Dreamer did, burn it then boot the computer using it. After that Gui loads, swap the cd for the SL disc. Press F5 and press Enter Selecting Mac OSX Install Disc. After installation use the script following DD instructions step by step. PrebootCD Link

I first installed using a MAcbook Pro, but after DD released his preboot disc, i tested it and it's the best thing for this motherboard. My suggestion is to get this specific MoBo.

Here is my hardware list:

GA-EX58-UD5

Intel Core i7 920 (@3.06Ghz)

EVGA GeForce 9800GT 512MB

500 GB WD HD 7200rpm

Firewire 800 PCI Card w/3 Ports I had to remove the last portion of pins from this card to fit the MOBO, but it works fine.

Sonnet Aria N Extreme PCI Works Fine, i installed using it's driver package, but you need to load the kexts using the dd script to make it work.

IOGear Buetooth Dongle

Logitech QuickCam Fusion (no need for driver)

Also, fix DSDT so that AppleLPC.kext loads.

This is needed for the `Start up automatically after a power failure' option to appear in Energy Saver, and this must be checked or sleep will shut the computer down instead.

From running `OSX86 Tools Utility:View PCI Device/Vendor ID' before the DSDT change;

00:1f.0 ISA bridge [0601]: Intel Corporation 82801JIR (ICH10R) LPC Interface Controller [8086:3a16]

The device-id should be one that's already in AppleLPC.kext/Contents/Info.plist (<string>pci8086,3a18</string>).

original;

Device (PX40)
           {
               Name (_ADR, 0x001F0000)
               OperationRegion (PREV, PCI_Config, 0x08, 0x01)
               Scope (\)

modified;

Device (PX40)
           {
               Name (_ADR, 0x001F0000)
               Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
               {
                   Store (Package (0x02)
                       {
                           "device-id",
                           Buffer (0x04)
                           {
                               0x18, 0x3A, 0x00, 0x00
                           }
                       }, Local0)
                   DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
                   Return (Local0)
               }
               Scope (\)

With this I lost sleep!

The system goes to sleep but restarts by trying to wake up!?

What exactly do I have to modifie in AppleLPC.kext?

With this I lost sleep!

The system goes to sleep but restarts by trying to wake up!?

What exactly do I have to modifie in AppleLPC.kext?

Did you follow the directions?

You need to also go to System Preferences:Energy Saver and check the box next to `Start up automatically after a power failure'.

When asked to sleep, that will allow the computer to sleep instead of shutting down.

No modifications to AppleLPC.kext are needed.

Did you follow the directions?

directions?

I only modified the DSDT like this:

Device (PX40)
		{
			Name (_ADR, 0x001F0000)
			Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
			{
				Store (Package (0x02)
					{
						"device-id",
						Buffer (0x04)
						{
							0x18, 0x3A, 0x00, 0x00
						}
					}, Local0)
				DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
				Return (Local0)
			}
			Scope (\)

You need to also go to System Preferences:Energy Saver and check the box next to `Start up automatically after a power failure'.

Great this worked...I can now wake up from sleep!

Thanks d00d!

Now I am without nullcpu and without sleepenabler!

The Temps are great like in Windows 7!

And now I see this in the logs:

06.11.09 12:41:41 kernel AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementClient: ready

06.11.09 12:41:42 kernel AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement: Turbo Ratios 1112

06.11.09 12:41:42 kernel AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement: initialization complete

d00d,

what about the SMC plugin hack!

Is it necessary?

Just a tip for people who can't get audio to work with the VoodooHDA.kext for the perfect 64bit install:

You have to delete the AppleHDA.kext (6,6MB) from S/L/E. Then it should work for you also :thumbsup_anim:

PM me if you have still problems with audio.

Isn't it necessary for native speedstep?

do you have find out how to fix this:

"FireWire runtime power conservation disabled. (2)"

You didn't explain what you mean by `the SMC plugin hack', but I assume you are referring to fakesmc.kext.

Yes, you need to use fakesmc.kext, as it functionally does on non Apple hardware what the smc chip does on Apple hardware.

The firewire message is cosmetic, it doesn't affect functioning or sleep.

Sarumanza:

You don't need a real mac for installing SL if you own a GA-EX58-UD5 Motherboard. Simply Download the PrebootCD that Digital_Dreamer did, burn it then boot the computer using it. After that Gui loads, swap the cd for the SL disc. Press F5 and press Enter Selecting Mac OSX Install Disc. After installation use the script following DD instructions step by step. PrebootCD Link

I first installed using a MAcbook Pro, but after DD released his preboot disc, i tested it and it's the best thing for this motherboard. My suggestion is to get this specific MoBo.

Here is my hardware list:

GA-EX58-UD5

Intel Core i7 920 (@3.06Ghz)

EVGA GeForce 9800GT 512MB

500 GB WD HD 7200rpm

Firewire 800 PCI Card w/3 Ports I had to remove the last portion of pins from this card to fit the MOBO, but it works fine.

Sonnet Aria N Extreme PCI Works Fine, i installed using it's driver package, but you need to load the kexts using the dd script to make it work.

IOGear Buetooth Dongle

Logitech QuickCam Fusion (no need for driver)

Thank you very much for this. Like I said, I'm completely new to this, and this will be the first computer I build. I have a couple of friends who are helping me, unfortunately they live thousands of miles away :) My biggest concern is learning how to run a script, but that's why I'm here. We've all got to start somewhere, right? Your hardware setup looks very similar to what I am looking at. Here's what I've got it narrowed down to so far:

Mobo: Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5

Processor: Intel Core i7 920

Video Card: ATI Radeon HD 4850 1GB GDDR3

HD: WD VelociRaptor 300 GB

Optical Drive: Samsung SH-S223F

Case: Antec Three Hundred

I still need to pick out a power supply and RAM, there's bazillions of different options. This computer will be used for all of the normal stuff as well as creating and processing audio files and possibly one day Photoshop.

Cheers!