Leo4Allv3

eddie11c

440 posts in this topic

Great Release! Thanx to all those involved in the making of this Leo4all version of osx86.

Working, with triple boot configuration(XP,Vista,Leo) after some tinkering around.

However, as usual, LAN does not work.

Thanks once again. :)

Hi eddie and all, I installed V3 and went smoothy, the only problem I have is that Leo can't see my NTFS disk, I also installed Paragon NTFS, but nothing changed. How can I fix it?

Thanks in advance

Please I need help. Just installed Leo4All v3 on this rig:

Asus P5W DH Dlx

2Gb Ram

Core 2 Duo E6600

8800GT

Everything is fine (audio, Nvidia with 4.1 update) except there is NO LAN (I use to activate in the bios only the Marvell 88E8053 ETH controller). When I went in the pre install customization I could not find any Marvell driver so i thought support was already included. I have no problem to repeat the installation from scratch so can anyone help me with this specific problem? Moreover what kernel is the best for this motherboard? Thank you in advance to those helping and above all to Eddie11c for the release!

So after much hardware replacing (SATA HDD and CDROM) I got through to the actually installation with mouse.

I'm a complete noobie at this and was just troubleshooting off of hunches and gleans of information, but I've hit a wall.

Seems like no matter what I do, after the DVD verifies and starts installing, it freezes (no mouse movement) when the progress bar is about an inch in (anywhere from "1hr40" to "1hr20" left in estimated time).

I don't have enough memory for it to be the memory problem (running 1gig of mem).

MoBo: Asus A8V-E SE

Memory: 1gig (2x 512)

HDD: Seagate 500gig SATA

CDROM: Samsung SATA DVD RW

I don't know what other info you need, but I haven't been able to find anyone with this problem that knows how to fix it. I figure if I can get to this installation screen, I should be able to get it running on my system, but can't figure out what error I"m running into, or how to even log it. Please help!!!

Edit:

Last thing in the log before crash: Initializing new flat-package receipt.

started (uid 96)

Opened receipt database on '/Volumes/Misc/' with schema 17

Extracting....

After it starts extracting, it freezes. Please Help!

Update 1: I've gotten the installation to go all the way through, but I had to install on old ATA HD?, which obviously gets stuck at 'waiting for root device' when I try and boot. So frusterating. Any idea why it freezes up on my brand new SATA HD? I'm currently trying to see if this disk cloner will do the trick by copying the ATA to the sATA. Wish me luck!

PS. I'm still interested in why installation kept freezing.

Update 2: No dice on drive cloning. It locked up just like installations, which makes me think something is going on with my SATA drive. But I don't know anything about sata to know where to start, Could definitely use some help on this.

Guest cavallo
so there still no X800GTO supported

hi eddie, thanks for great work, everything works fine except from 3 weeks:

a) sometimes downloading files or using firefox or safari for normal internet surfing

ps/2 mouse freezes and stops working, very very few

times;

:) burning dual layer dvds with encore cs3, toast9 or dsp4.2 there is an issue about

device error about not recognized device or support;

c) using mac pilot i obtained my own language (italian) but not everywhere and once

i try using international on pref pan to do it once again it does not start.

i tried to enclose my sys prof file but it tells me that i have no permission

thanks a lot for your job

bye

First Congratulations for the nice work you have done.

I have a foxconn 671m mainboard, with a intel pentium dual CPU E2180 @ 2GHZ with 2 GB RAM.

CHIPSET: VIA SIS MARVELL

AUDIO: AZALIA

GRAPHICS: NVIDIA 2.0, 256 mb

NETWORK: RTL

ACPI: STOCK

SMBIOS: SPEED 667

Everithing works

But I have one observation:

The sound works fine input output with the azalia and alc, but theres no info about it on the system profiler.

Also I have a question, how can I make lets say i have installed a kaliway 10.5.2 and then i want to install a leo4allv3 without having to erase the HDD. Is there any possibility that in the mac installer options the option that exist on any mac that allows you to install a clean system also be available on the next releases?

Thanks and again congrats for your work.

PD I leave 3 pics from the profiler

post-192418-1210779152_thumb.jpg

post-192418-1210779162_thumb.jpg

post-192418-1210779174_thumb.jpg

You should be fine installing the Vanilla kernel, I would also suggest choosing skge driver, I believe if you highlight the choices one by one most give the cards it supports.
I repeated the installation using the skge Marvell drv, now it works like a charm BUT since my Pc (an Asus P5W DH w E6600@3,2 Ghz) is overclocked I could not install Vanilla kernel (maybe this is due to the fact the bios settings are not those requested for vanilla compatibility). In fact using Vanilla kernel I had loop reboots after install. Now I wonder: If I fix the bios and remove overclock can I change the default Leo4all Patched kernel with Vanilla one? If so, is it difficult to do? Do I have to change AppleSMBios too? (I recently installed the last version 27 rev6 from WinLinMac01). Is there any software to see Kernel version, Efi version and so on? Last thing: is there any performance/stability improvement in using Vanilla vs patched kernels?Thank you so much eddie11c for all the good hours you gave me with this Leo4All release and keep up the good work! MAC OS X IS THE MOST BEAUTIFUL OS IN THE GALAXY!!!!
Eddie , Geforce kext locks up the computer on your release and i cant have QE/CI .. Can you help me?
did you try not to install any driver? use the NVinject 4.1 after leo4all installation. This procedure is the recommended one for nVidia GPU. I did it and it worked. Hope this helps

I repeated the installation using the skge Marvell drv, now it works like a charm BUT since my Pc (an Asus P5W DH w E6600@3,2 Ghz) is overclocked I could not install Vanilla kernel (maybe this is due to the fact the bios settings are not those requested for vanilla compatibility). In fact using Vanilla kernel I had loop reboots after install. Now I wonder: If I fix the bios and remove overclock can I change the default Leo4all Patched kernel with Vanilla one? If so, is it difficult to do? Do I have to change AppleSMBios too? (I recently installed the last version 27 rev6 from WinLinMac01). Is there any software to see Kernel version, Efi version and so on? Last thing: is there any performance/stability improvement in using Vanilla vs patched kernels?Thank you so much eddie11c for all the good hours you gave me with this Leo4All release and keep up the good work! MAC OS X IS THE MOST BEAUTIFUL OS IN THE GALAXY!!!!did you try not to install any driver? use the NVinject 4.1 after leo4all installation. This procedure is the recommended one for nVidia GPU. I did it and it worked. Hope this helps

Hi there. Thanks for your reply but still doesent work. the system will freeze occasionally and i will need to HARD RESET

Hi, thanks for the releases, v2 vanilla ran great and installed everything for me.

I am having troubles with v3 -- again vanilla, with 10.5.2 nvinject

It installs successfully, but on first boot it hangs on /usr/sbin/ocspd[87]: starting

Any ideas? I read somewhere I could get in if I boot with -x or something.

I disabled onboard ethernet.

:o aw gee there is a separate nvinject for 512MB cards -- hope that fixes it!

...alright now it boots up fine, but it doesn't seem to be using all the goodness of nvinject...

I gave up trying to get nvinject working (after manual install), still running at 1024x768 here any ideas?

Hi there guys!

This is my first post in forum and first try with MAC OS x86 project...

I would like to thnk u for the great work u are doing!

Now,i have questions pls:

1)I have Fujitsu Siemens pi1536 with ATI X1400 mobility graphic card!Can anyone help me change the resolution and refresh rate to native 1280x800 60Hz?Cause with the 1024x768 the fonts are difficult to read

and my eyes are hurting me after an hour at laptop...I think its because the resolution is not set at native of the lcd panel.And is there any way to get rid of the artifacts with the mouse?I dont care for games.I just use my laptop to see movies and listen to music.

2)My internal speakers of the laptop are not working.IF i want to hear to music i must connect external speakers or earphones..why is that?

Thnks for ur answers and again a BIG THNKS for ur great try!!

Hi there guys!

This is my first post in forum and first try with MAC OS x86 project...

I would like to thnk u for the great work u are doing!

Now,i have questions pls:

1)I have Fujitsu Siemens pi1536 with ATI X1400 mobility graphic card!Can anyone help me change the resolution and refresh rate to native 1280x800 60Hz?Cause with the 1024x768 the fonts are difficult to read

and my eyes are hurting me after an hour at laptop...I think its because the resolution is not set at native of the lcd panel.And is there any way to get rid of the artifacts with the mouse?I dont care for games.I just use my laptop to see movies and listen to music.

2)My internal speakers of the laptop are not working.IF i want to hear to music i must connect external speakers or earphones..why is that?

Thnks for ur answers and again a BIG THNKS for ur great try!!

Just wanted to say thanks for a great setup. It just keeps getting better and better !

Any chance you could add in version 4 the attansic L1 ethernet driver, poweroff fix (with chud framework) for vanilla kernels, macam+iousb , macfuse+ntfs-3g and lightscribe system driver ? Also could you update the ich9 kexts (already done here) so as not to have the yellow external drives (keeps bugging me with indexing files every startup)

Also a repair permisssions at the end of installation whould be great, cose they're all messed up.

Again THANK YOU :unsure:

This one it the first rel. which works out of the box with my 3850 GPU. Great Job! Im still trying to fix/install with this rel. on my Sony Vaio VGN 315FS with a 6400GO Card. The Nvidia just won´t work with this one...any suggestions u might have ?

Again nice version this one.

Computer: HP Pavilion dv5224nr

CPU Mobile AMD Turion 64 ML-40, 2.2GHz

Motherboard : Chipset ATI Radeon Xpress 200M, AMD Hammer (working with new kext inlcuding my Device ID)

Display :Video Adapter ATI MOBILITY RADEON Xpress 200 Series (128 MB dedicated) (added Callisto v6 with new device ID< gain resolutions, still no QE)

3D Accelerator ATI Radeon Xpress 200M (RS480M)

Audio Adapter`:Conexant Cx20468 @ ATI SB400 - AC'97 Audio Controller (working added '97 audio from installation)

IDE Controller Texas Instruments PCIxx21 Integrated FlashMedia Controller (does not seem to work)

Network : Realtek RTL8139 Family PCI Fast Ethernet NIC (10.21.0.16) (works out of the box)

Modem AC97 Soft Data Fax Modem with SmartCP (not seen but dont need it)

FireWire Controller Texas Instruments OHCI Compliant IEEE 1394 Host Controller (PHY: TI TSB41AB1/2) (OK out of the box)

USB Controller ATI SB400 - USB 2.0 Controller (OK out of the box)

Device ID : 0x59551002

Great release... it runs perfectly.. the only problem I had is when installing, the DVD did not recognize my chipset, I had to install from an external USB DVD to an external USB hard drive, I added OnboardPCATA.kext v2 file with my dievice ID and then I added Callisto version 6 with my device ID, rebooted, then took the drive and I installed it back into the laptop and it workes perfectly sice then... :(

Thanks so much for such a great release, it would be nice if it detects my chipset from the begiining... maybe next update? :)

Hi every1, I've successfully installed leo4allv3 on my xps m1530. Everything seems to be fine except that my DVD drive is not detected and it does not show in disk utility. I've chosen nForce Test for the chipset driver during the installation, izzit the rite one? Any help to make the dvd drive appear will be much appreciated. Thx

For those that don't want to wait to be accepted for membership to the Wiki The secret password to sign up for the Leo4All wiki is leo4allrulez!

Hi eddie...after being messing with my Laptop Acer Aspire 4315..Finally I succeded installing..even I have account loop issues(solved). Leo4AllV3 is completely functioning. Just some few issue with Wifi and Lan(will solved it soon)

Sound-Good Quality

Video-SuperB

Usb-All functioning

DVDRW-Working-Read-Write.

Speed-More SuperB then Vista Ultimate

Issue-

WebCam-(not functioning) - If possible can you check if my built-in webcam can functioning in LEO..ok eddie

Wifi-haven't do it (have the kext already)

Lan-haven't do it (have the kext already)

Front Audio Jack-Not sure-haven't check

Hi Eddie ,

:) ... great work , It loads 100% on my Intel BADAXE2 mobo , just needed to use Taruga 1.16 to fix audio.

Just one funny thing , since I installed Leo4All v3 I cannot now connect to my iDisk acunt using the Go, iDisk , My iDisk route ?

I get a error " Your iDisk cannot be accessed. Your member name or password may be invalid" error code -50

any ideas why not ?

When I use Safari , I can login in , no problem ????

Thanx in advance

After install Leo4allv3 my dvdrom is not detected after boot

That's my most severe problem so far.

I didn't see any dvdrom thing in the system profiler, and I 'm sure it is working in other OS liks windows and linux even the other osx86 release iATKOS!!

Why is leo4all can't detect my cdrom?

What should I do to bring my cdrom back?

I'm a newbie, I just started to participate in this community for only a few days. But I have tried three releases: ToH RC2, iATKOS 2.0i, and Leo4allv3.

Thanks for the wonderful release and frustrating the H out of me..... I installed a triple boot vista, ubuto and zeph's works good but no wireless. so downloaded your v2....during install the wireless (Broadcom 4318) will connect. unfortunately on the drive I tried must have been bad since the install crashes so downloaded v3 and tried install and it wont see my hard drive. ( the working triple boot) waiting for rood device. put theh v2 dvd in and it see's it.

any idea's

acer 5100

x64

1gig

x200 chip

I can tthink of much else at the moment

Hi All!

Thank you all to have the Leo up and running for all..

Want to Dual Boot with Hardyheron and Leo4all v3.

I was able to install leo4all v3 & use it as the only OS on the computer, because internet was not working had to install Ubuntu..

Have bought a d-link DFE-520 TX NIC for internet on Leopard.

also had intermittent issues with the ps2 mouse not being recognized, the usb ps2 adapter did not help the mouse(keyboard worked fine) have bought a Logitech USB mouse.

Hardware Config:

Processor - AMD 64 bit 6000+

MoBo - Asus m2n Sli deluxe

Graphix card - nVidia XFX 8600 gt (dedicated 512 mb ram)

Harddrive - 250gb eSata 2

RAM - 1gb 800mhz

Want the Grub to identify the Leopard and Ubuntu as the OSs to boot from.

I did read the http://osx86leo4all.wikidot.com/how-to-s#toc5, there is mention of Acronis disk director, will I need that for Ubuntu and Leo ?

is there a How-to specific to what I want ?

PS: do not have / want windows on my computer.

unable to connect to the IRC on irc.osx86.hu

is the port number default 6667 ?

Please help me..

Umang