The Poll Is On- Which Mac OS X Distribution Would You Choose?

WinLinMac01

Which Mac OS X Distribution Would You Choose?  

1,799 members have voted

1. 1. Which Mac OS X Distribution Would You Choose?

• Zephyroth 10.5.2 Rev.2
    • Kalway Intel/AMD 10.5.2
    • Leo4Allv3 10.5.2 Intel/AMD
    • JaS Intel / Leopard
    • iATKOS / Leopard
    • I like Retail Installs with Patches. =)
    • Neither of them, I'm a chicken.

147 posts in this topic

2 Netbooks Acer Aspire One 150 and Samsung NC 10, I installed with IDeneb 10.5.5 (IDE2USB Konverter DVD-ROM). Both works very good.

After this - normal postpatching.

My Dell Latitude D530 , only Leo4All works. Ideneb and 10.5.6 PCWIZ stop at booting IOATA.

Often had good Installs with Kalyway 10.5.2 (good Boards Gigabyte - Asus -965 -P35- 945 chips

I think, at first you should try a version like 10.5.5 IDENEB. If the Install fail 10.5.4 JAS. .....10.5.2 to 10.5.1

newbmac, I agree. I hopped in here because it was third from the top and was wondering what the heck people are still doing leaving comments here. Then I say your comment and sig and thought now that iPC 10.5.6 is out everything else (well except retail DVD install) is pretty much obsolete...

newbmac, I agree. I hopped in here because it was third from the top and was wondering what the heck people are still doing leaving comments here. Then I say your comment and sig and thought now that iPC 10.5.6 is out everything else (well except retail DVD install) is pretty much obsolete...

PCWiz really did an amazing job with his release. Kalyway and these other ancients ones need to be archived and stored away.

As an absolute noob, Kalyway worked well for me. I consulted the HCL first and selected as many components that worked OOB as possible. Guides from PCWiz and Weaksauce were invaluable in walking me through installation.

After I gained some experience, I lusted after a retail install. I tried several methods, finding success with LTL's guide. In some ways it was easier than Kaly's.

If I were starting as a noob today, I'd go for PCWiz's iPC distro. He's done an enormous amount of impressive work for this community, and his distro would bring you right up to 10.5.6.

Good luck with whatever distro you choose. I love my Hack and use it more than the PC in the same case!

for me, the best but make me faint leo4allv3. ive try all other distro but seems they just refuse to boot after finish installation. leo4allv4.1 not bad but it can only be installed on my lower spec pc. i like "WTF is goin' on?". since only v3 can be installed successfully & able to be updated until 10.5.6, i think my vote goes to v3.

congratss.. sigh B)

iPC is probably the best thing ever, at least for starter.

Note: Getting a $499 ADC membership to buy myself this 2799 euro expensive MacPro for only $2000 (do the math) was probably the smartest thing to do :-)

Tip: ten people could invest $349.90 each to get a ADC Premier Membership, including a huge discount on ten MacPro's (for example).