The Poll Is On- Which Mac OS X Distribution Would You Choose?

WinLinMac01

Which Mac OS X Distribution Would You Choose?  

1,799 members have voted

1. 1. Which Mac OS X Distribution Would You Choose?

• Zephyroth 10.5.2 Rev.2
    • Kalway Intel/AMD 10.5.2
    • Leo4Allv3 10.5.2 Intel/AMD
    • JaS Intel / Leopard
    • iATKOS / Leopard
    • I like Retail Installs with Patches. =)
    • Neither of them, I'm a chicken.

147 posts in this topic

I use Kalyway on my desktop. I guess it depends on what hardware you have as to what distro you choose. Kalyway works perfectly on my desktop, all hardware working with drivers included on the Kalyway DVD, so it's the perfect choice for me.

Hey, I was just voter number 1000. Do I win a date with Scarlett Johansson or anything?

• 2 weeks later...

Kalyway has always been the most reliable for me across a whole range of hardware. Recently i have made the switch to Iatkos v4i and i'm very impressed... I find i get better performance from Iatkos but Kalyway's release seems to support alot of hardware and is ideal for beginners :blink:

cheers,

• 3 months later...

Mine is retail, on my hardware only few pathes were needed

HDEnabler, few of disablers and efi strings for gfx

and of course bootloader (chameleon)

So i've made little package witch contains necessary kexts,

chameleon ... if for some reason some day reinstall will be needed

then it wont complicate whole process.

• 1 month later...

Chaos Test 5 (Tiger 10.4.10) from Netkas' Team is, so far, the most reliable distribution I've ever tried. Works perfect on my two mobo's :( 100% working, 90% oob and 10% after apply the patches. I'm quite happy with it!!. I'm just wondering if there were another distribution (test 6 and so on) to be a powerfull 10.4.11 distribution. :dev:

Sorry, I love Tiger, just like Leopard. :wacko:

iATKOS 10.5.5 works so well on my dell xps 1530 4gig.

Prior to this I had kalyway 10.5.2 and that worked ok before I upgraded to 4gig RAM. After that I would give kernel panic after 10mins.

So I decided to try iATKOS and has not

Crashed ever since. Very happy with the distro.

I've successfully installed and updated Kalyway 10.5.2 (you didn't fix the spelling of that one yet!) iATKOS and JaS 10.5.4 on various PCs.

Next choice is easy because when PPF3 is released, PCWiz' iPC is the only distro that supports the IDE controller on my motherboard and that's where my DVD drive is. So until i can get a SATA DVD drive that's the only distro I can install.

At this moment the Asus P5Q-E in my signature is running a clone of the Jas OSx86 install from my old PC.

• 2 weeks later...