Kalyway 10.5.2 DVD Intel_Amd (sse2/sse3) EFI V8

kaly

1,087 posts in this topic

Have managed to install this on my PC and it works! Great intro to the world of Mac.

Don't know how to access USB devices though; suggestions please...

TC

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=95789

This should fix your usb troubles

@hhb, I installed using a medion(?) wireless keyboard. had no probs. I would suggest checking that the reciever is hooked to a mobo usb, and not a case usb.

My PC's config is as below:

AMD Athlon 64 3000+

2.00 GHZ, 1 GB RAM

Nvidia GeForce 6200

VIA Rhine II Fast Ethernet Adapter

240 GB (160+80 GB) HDD

I am trying to install the Kalyway 10.5.2 osx86 on the 80 GB HDD. I smoothly land up on the installation screen where there is an option of language selection. But neither my mouse nor the keyboard work. I have logitech wireless mouse and keyboard combo. So I cannot proceed further. Is it because they are not supported or is there any other reason?

Try using the BIOS settings from the USB hint above. It might work. My Logitech G7 wireless mouse works perfectly (10.5.2 Kalyway release).

I recently installed the forementioned release on my Fujitsu Esprimo D9500, 2 Gb, 80 Gb sata and it works reasonbly well. The only thing I haven't got working yet are the sound (realtek) and wireless (intel 4695), but those are known issues I guess.

I like to try an install on my desktop (AMD X2 3800+) soon, but I will need to get another harddrive for that or use some imaging tools. Anyway, I'm very happy with the way Leopard is running on my laptop. It's feeling smooth and nice. All my favourite apps work like Photoshop and even Battlefield 1942 runs smoothly :)

Hello all :P

Here's a new one, lining up with a running Hackintosh. Well, honestly I'm not really new here, but new to writing in this forum as I only was a silent reader before, but thanks to many of you, I got my rig running the way it should.

First of all my specs:

· AMD Athlon X2 4200+ S939

· ABIT AN8-SLI Fatality - nforce4 SLI

· 2x512MB OCZ DDR-RAM (good old TCCD ^^)

· nvidia GeForce7600GS (vendor unknown, sum cheap {censored} I assume)

· 120GB Seagate S-ATA Drive

· Realtek Network Card (PCI)

· Creative Labs Soundblaster Live! 5.1 External (USB)

After trying several images with not getting anywhere close to success I got my hands on this one. On my setup it almost ran out of box perfectly. Yeah of course, there's got to be an exception somewhere, for me, it's been the forcedeath network driver, with allowed me going online and browsing in my local network but kept me from connecting to shared iTunes Librarys. But hey, went to some local hardware dealer and got my hands on some default Realtek card for about 10$. Plugged it into my rig and hey ... everything works like a charm. Even the graphic drivers (nvinject .20) did well.

For all of you, thinking to upgrade to 10.5.4:

Use the damn ASU from zeph! It's amazing. It downloaded all the official patches from apple and patched them right away. After that, I installed them manually as I didn't want some beta software to install these updates. Worked like a charm. Installed 10.5.4, iTunes, Airport, Frontrow and Quicktime, had to reboot twice thinking "will it come back to life?" but it did. Only thing I noticed was my CI/QE feature wasn't turned on anymore, causing Toast, VLC and Apple DVD Player to crash. Installed new nvinject .21 with the package from Punk91 but that didn't work, it loaded the kext but refused to enable CI/QE. Added my device ID manually into some .plist files but that didn't do it neiter. Finally i ended up with installing the NATIT driver from Punk91. Those worked right away.

So after some hours of try&error i managed to upgrade to 10.5.4 without any problems after all. Rig's up for 2 days now, no kernel panics, no freezes, everything is fine. I strongly recommend the ASU for doing the upgrade to 10.5.4 ! But let it only patch them files and install manually, that seemed to work with no problems at all.

Oh one more thing... If it's something you want to try... Parallels (virtualisation) does NOT work, as it's not capable of running on AMD machines. But I found something that let me run windows the same way as Parallels did. Vmware Fusion! Runs perfectly under 10.5.4 and the AMD processor. (Just in case someone needs windows) It even got something like "coherence", called "unity" I think (not sure right now).

Hope this might help some of you not being sure of what to do and if it might run with your setup.

Feel free to post any questions if there are any…

Thanks to the rest of this community, making all this possible!

PS: please excuse my english, as it's not my native language, spelling mistakes and/or grammatical flaws may occur :P

Kind regards,

Dennis

Got the Kalyway 10.5.2 installation working with a P5K-VM , a QuadCore Q6700 and NV 8500GT 512MB !! My system is booting normally with all supplied kernels!! Everything works fine, except the built in HDA and maybe my SATA that runs on 4 cylinders (instead of 8)

Kaly, I own you a few dozen beers !

Just got a question regarding the SATA and sound.

I read lots of things about the fact that some installation were running the SATA sub-system @ half capacity... How do I know if I am one of them and that I need a driver fix?

Also, did the Linux cat /proc/... codec thing! Then opened the HDAPatcher and drop the codec dump file and nothing changed after reboot. What do I need to do prior to run the HDAPatcher? Do I need to remove the existing files ?

Apart from that, it is a blast to run OSX on a Quad machine.

Peace!

Hi guys...

I`m totally new in this hackintosh things...wanted tor try it for a long time.

and here I am with my first Mac ever, thanks to mr. Kaly for the great release.

my details:

HP dv6700/ct Japanese version

Kalyway 10.5.2 DVD Intel_Amd (sse2/sse3) EFI V8 with vanilla kernel

Sound driver and shutdown issues: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=96434

Everything seem works like a charm but I still have problems with the Intel® Wireless WiFi Link 4965AGN and Ricoh 5in1 card reader

any suggestions on how to solve the problem?

thx n sorry for my English :P

Hi guys...

I`m totally new in this hackintosh things...wanted tor try it for a long time.

and here I am with my first Mac ever, thanks to mr. Kaly for the great release.

my details:

HP dv6700/ct Japanese version

Kalyway 10.5.2 DVD Intel_Amd (sse2/sse3) EFI V8 with vanilla kernel

Sound driver and shutdown issues: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=96434

Everything seem works like a charm but I still have problems with the Intel® Wireless WiFi Link 4965AGN and Ricoh 5in1 card reader

any suggestions on how to solve the problem?

thx n sorry for my English :P

About the Wifi, that's too bad. It isn't supported. Some people are working on the drivers, but as for now, it's bad luck :thumbsup_anim: (I have the same wireless card)

I don't really know about the cardreader though.

hello, please do help, me stuck, install go well, Kalyway 10.5.2, as is, dedicated drive, now no able to get pasS screen where ask would like to transfer data from existing mac etc. etc. goes in circles, click no transfer, time passes then goes back to region options, what should I do have to? have no clue, head fried, much consternation, unt agitation, after getting this far. Help um much, thanks you. do good, love follow. be peace!! you.

About the Wifi, that's too bad. It isn't supported. Some people are working on the drivers, but as for now, it's bad luck :) (I have the same wireless card)

I don't really know about the cardreader though.

I have been looking around in this forum and found nothing

but an under development project in this thread:

http://www.insanelymac.com/lofiversion/ind...p/t84072-0.html

hopefully they have the answer soon :wacko:... and good luck for you too WhizzCat

Ricoh 5in1 card reader...anyone? info please..

thx

...Ricoh 5in1 card reader...anyone? info please..

thx

It is nice when everything works out of the box computers running os 86. Unfortunately, the sad reality is that you likely will never see this in every case. FWIW, my laptop did not have a all in one card reader. I bought a $5.00 USB all-in-0ne card reader. Instantly recognized in OS 86 and works like a chram - no special drivers, no special tweaks. Not bad - $5.00 solution to an otherwise huge issue. You may want to pick yourself a USB all in one card reader while awaiting a fix for your built in one.

Hi if any one can help me

i've install about 4 times all ready and allways the same

the CPUs Start after installing and reboot automatically passing the darwin screen

i have the kalyway 10.5.2 AMD_INTEL

if anyone can post a working config plz

my PC:

Gigabyte GA-M61SME-S2

AMD Athlon X2 5000+ 65nm (Working@2.6GHZ)

1GB DDR2 RAM 667

Nvidia Gforce 8500GT 512MB VRAM

oooo and one more thing somebody plz post the LAN patch FOR Nforce Networking 405

Hoping to get some help here.

I've set my HD as GUID with 1 partition, and I was able to install this to that partition without any errors (Vanilla Kernel on a Core2Duo system).

Unfortunately I can't get it to boot.

Is there something I need to type, or a boot loader I need to install before/after I install this?

The last time I played around with this I used (I think) the BrazilMac method where I loaded it from Windows. Didn't have a booting problem.

Thanks for the help.

Edit: Got it to boot in OS X by having the DVD in at the Boot Loader, then taking the DVD out, then typing -s then Enter.

This is running awesome! Just the two questions:

1) How can I get this to boot on its own without the DVD in the drive?

2) How can I update this to 10.5.4?

Thanks again

I'm having a problem during my installation. Once it gets to the point where it says there are 6 minutes left in the install it freezes. I left it like that for over an hour and it never did unfreeze. Has anyone else experienced such an issue? Any ideas on what may have caused this?

First of all. Since I'm new here, HI ALL! :)

Second. I would like to thank Kaly for bringing us this release.

This will be great on my computer, and should be a nice introduction to Apple for me.

Thnx again.

Edit: Got it to boot in OS X by having the DVD in at the Boot Loader, then taking the DVD out, then typing -s then Enter.

This is running awesome! Just the two questions:

1) How can I get this to boot on its own without the DVD in the drive?

I'd be happy if someone could provide some useful information towards this problem...

Got the same damn thing here, thought it was normal, having to boot with inserted DVD but here are so many who can boot without having the DVD inDrive.

// To your second question //

If your running a AMD rig, try the ASU for 10.5.4 update, don't now how about Intel updates.

Dennis

Hi

i want to try, but im kind of new in all this, I tryed jas 10.4.8 but didn't work the microphone.

i've got win xp installed and 10.4.8 and want to change for the leopard but dont want to erase the winxp.

do you think me pc is compatible?

Realtek RTL8169/8110 Family Gigabit Ethernet NIC

Realtek High Definition Audio

Intel Pentium Dual Core 1.8GHZ

250GB 7200RPM SATA

FOXCONN DUAL S/775 Bus 800

Memory DDR2 1GB KINGTON PC /533-4200

DVDR WRITER LG 16X

FAX C-NET

Hello thanks Kaly for the DVD.

Can anybody help me, I tried to install the DVD in my PC I've got:

Motherboard Gigabyte 12DC1-MCP61AM2-130R

Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4800+

RAM Kingston 2GB

Hard Disk: Seagate 250GB SATA

My computer install Leopard and all but I've got a problem when the instalation finishes and I restart my computer It shows me a message of Fail Boot CD, I made a partition with the Utility of hard disk in the DVD but it shows me again anda again the same message, once it show me Error in the HPS Partition, Please Help me if there's a similar case please tell me haw did you do to install leopard and make it work, maybe I'm not doing good the Format.

Thanks

And Sorry I'm new in HFS partitions and trying leopard

Hi again.

Im now surfing on my new hackingtosh. But I've had a few problems on my way. I first tried to install the Leopard on my totally clean hd. (with nothing else on it, just one partition and so forth). The process went fine. I ended up changing the kernel to the one saying for dual cores only (not the original apple, but cant remember which one right now). Result -> no sound, no network, but booting into the os without the need for the dvd.

I tried a 2nd time. This time I installed Windows Vista First. Made another partition (120gb) for the Mac Os. This time, I didnt change a thing. And voila. I got sound and network. The problem now is I cant boot into Leopard without the dvd. Otherwise it wont boot up anything at all. And I cant choose to go into vista.

Forgot to say. Before I installed Leopard, I used a program in Windows called UBCD.exe. It allows you to change the bootloader so to say. I made an entry for Mac and kept the one for Vista.. But that must have been erased or something.

Terribly sorry for the noob-question. But can anyone help me with that grub-thing or whatever I need to get into Vista. And please tell me how to boot into this wonderful OS without the need for a dvd every time. ;)

Thnx guys (and girls)

Btw. One more thing. I forgot to include support for my screen I guess since it worked the first time. (LG 245WP) Now Im stuck with 1024x768 and it looks kinda {censored}. :whistle: Dont think my 8800gt 1024MB is recognized either. Other than these minor faults, it works great. =) So please help me out here. :D

hi can someone help me with the video drivers command?? i installed leopard on my acer aspire 3680 and get pass the grey apple boot logo only to be greeted by a blue screen.. i know i am supposed to type -s and at root type mount -uw /

and /movevideodrivers

then it will be prompt to move video drivers by class ( nvidia ; ati ; or intel gma) voila!

type yes to confirm or enter to skip !

but i have no clue how to do this....i get the first part but then it asks me about mounting and a bunch of other stuff i have no clue what means i then type mount -dfruvw i think thats intelgraphics??? and then i dont know what to do when it says root_device on /(hfs, local,read only) devfs on /dev and so on

sry i am noob thanx

Update:

I ran the installation for the third time now. And now I've got the right resolution. =)

Still no luck running vista though. I will google for a bootloader.

I just read that you can use fdisk to make windows the active partition again. But man, do I hate that fdisk. ;)

Update:

I ran the installation for the third time now. And now I've got the right resolution. =)

Still no luck running vista though. I will google for a bootloader.

I just read that you can use fdisk to make windows the active partition again. But man, do I hate that fdisk. ;)

Don't use fdisk. I would give gParted a try. Its free and it lets you manage partitions and which one is the active partition. Also, I would use GRUB for the bootloader. It's much better.

hi new to the OSx86 community. I have a abit IC7 mobo, 2gb ram, p4 2.8ghz, ati x800gto

I am having a problem..When the Kalyway 10.5.2 dvd auto-boots it puts me into "darwin/x86 boot v5.0.132" when i press enter to start up darwin with no options it causes the computer to reset. At the "boot:" prompt, i tried -v and also just no options here both caused the pc to reset.

Am I missing something here...I could find a section to darwin/x86 boot so i decided to post it here. Thanks in advance.

edit: here is a picture right before it crashes, the iSight camera is bad in lowlight...sry. I also tried to boot in safe mode after 2minutes of loading items it also reset the pc.

It seems to try to load the EFI and it crashes.

Hi, I'm having an issue, its that "still waiting for root device" message... heres the thing, I have an IDE drive set as my master drive, but my only dvd drive is a sata drive, and I believe it is my sata drive that is causing the problem... anyone know a remedy for that?

http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc.php?id=392456 << my computers specs...

dvd drive is an asus DRW-2014L1T

hi can someone help me with the video drivers command?? i installed leopard on my acer aspire 3680 and get pass the grey apple boot logo only to be greeted by a blue screen.. i know i am supposed to type -s and at root type mount -uw /

and /movevideodrivers

then it will be prompt to move video drivers by class ( nvidia ; ati ; or intel gma) voila!

type yes to confirm or enter to skip !

but i have no clue how to do this....i get the first part but then it asks me about mounting and a bunch of other stuff i have no clue what means i then type mount -dfruvw i think thats intelgraphics??? and then i dont know what to do when it says root_device on /(hfs, local,read only) devfs on /dev and so on

sry i am noob thanx

If your'e past the grey screen, you're too late. As soon as BIOS is done its POST, hit F8. I think the default KalyWay boot setting is that the Darwin bootloader waits 5s and then boots Leo.

After hitting F8, you can enter boot options (like -s to get started in single user mode). In user mode type 'mount -uw /' and then ./movevideodrivers (include period!). This will run a script that asks 4 times wether to move a specific set of drivers from your Extensions directory to a backup location. Note that it can take a bit of time before this script finalizes (~10-20s).

I would advise figuring out wether your video card is supported, but it is safe to move all video drivers to the backup (answer yes 4 times) and then type 'exit' to reboot. Probably your system will then boot to Leo using the VGA mode of your card.

Also it helps diving a bit into the world of kexts and leasrn some basic Unix commands.